Page 88 of 97 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2424

Thread: Warriena Tagpuno Wright (26) allegedly fell from Gable Tostee's balcony and he is on trial for her death

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Some of the people on the Facebook trial group are idiots!
    She was raped.
    He threw her off of the balcony.
    The neighbor was in on it.
    Aliens abducted the real Gable.
    Most of those are exaggerations, but the people in that group are making up facts to go along with stupid theories. ��
    Yeah I cannot with any of those Facebook groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I agree with you that he's going to get off and that he's still a douchebag. What I was countering was the statement that she refused to leave and never tried to leave etc. That's simply not true. They were both nuttier than fruitcakes, that's for sure. But he holds some responsibility here in that he didn't let her leave before it got to the point where she did get violent ie he was thinking with his dick.

These folks make it out as if he's some innocent victim that didn't contribute to this situation in any way.

ETA: This is my basic argument in a nutshell. They're saying she should have left when he told her to. I'm saying, he should have let her when she previously tried to.
    Sure, he should have let her leave earlier instead of convincing her to stay. Hindsight is wonderful isn't it? But that is all irrelevant to the issue of her not leaving when asked and assaulting him with an object to the extent he accused her of trying to knock him out and kill him. Because that issue is what got her locked on th balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    A hydra. Cut off one head, three grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Prosecution case based on - Royal v R 1991 High Court Case

But if you read in, that has a lot more direct evidence.
    https://jade.io/article/67628

Here's a link to it - was busy yesty and noticed someone on the FB group posted it.

Here's a link to it - was busy yesty and noticed someone on the FB group posted it.
    Completely different facts and arguments, I really don't see how this would add any weight to the prosecution's arguments.

In Royall the prosecution relied on three scenarios. Either he pushed her out of the window, or she accidently fell while retreating from his assault or she jumped because she thought it was the only way to eacape an assault from him.

In the present case, we know she tried to climb down so only the third scenario in Royall is relevant. But we can also exclude this scenario because what we know from the recordings is that Mr Tostee was the person who was assaultes numerous times over the night. We know from the recording that his demeanor only changed after she struck him with an object with sufficient force that he believed she was trying to kill him. He responded quite reasonably by locking her outside to prevent further assault to him.

There is simply no way it can be argued that she was trying to escape violence from him by climbing down. As she told the people below, she simply wanted to go home.

That didn't work out too well for prosecutors last year in the Tumara Cousins murder case, though ... and it was a much stronger case than this one.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...ef85bdf923a8c1

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...ce235ab244b5f1
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by death2me View Post
    Sure, he should have let her leave earlier instead of convincing her to stay. Hindsight is wonderful isn't it? But that is all irrelevant to the issue of her not leaving when asked and assaulting him with an object to the extent he accused her of trying to knock him out and kill him. Because that issue is what got her locked on th balcony.
    And I would venture to say that her behavior probably wouldn't have escalated to that point if she were a little more coherent and not plastered on homebrew that he kept feeding her to make her more compliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Completely different facts and arguments, I really don't see how this would add any weight to the prosecution's arguments.

In Royall the prosecution relied on three scenarios. Either he pushed her out of the window, or she accidently fell while retreating from his assault or she jumped because she thought it was the only way to eacape an assault from him.

In the present case, we know she tried to climb down so only the third scenario in Royall is relevant. But we can also exclude this scenario because what we know from the recordings is that Mr Tostee was the person who was assaultes numerous times over the night. We know from the recording that his demeanor only changed after she struck him with an object with sufficient force that he believed she was trying to kill him. He responded quite reasonably by locking her outside to prevent further assault to him.

There is simply no way it can be argued that she was trying to escape violence from him by climbing down. As she told the people below, she simply wanted to go home.

You guys are fucking painful, ONE page ago (not twenty, not two, ONE), I wrote this before mentioning that the prosecution is basing it around that case:

They're sort of basing the prosecution on the High Court case where the lady jumped out of the toilet window to escape her partner - he was charged with Murder (blank on the case name, will update when found), but Dad's thinking like us, he likely won't be charged, the level of evidence isn't high enough to prove without a doubt that he acted improperly causing her to go over the edge. Agreed he's a cockhead, but that doesn't make him guilty. Also thinks probably won't get a lesser charge because again, the evidence isn't strong enough.

I was thinking even something to do with holding her hostage in a sense, but again he's not charged with that. So He's probably going to walk as we assumed, however we've manage to document his assholery online, so I at least am comfortable that his dating future should be somewhat difficult.
    Fucking painful. Just READ. GOOGLE. READ.

And I would venture to say that her behavior probably wouldn't have escalated to that point if she were a little more coherent and not plastered on homebrew that he kept feeding her to make her more compliant.
    There has been no suggestion to my knowledge of involuntary intoxication. Under Australian law, a person who is intoxicated is responsible for their actions as would be expected of a reasonable and sober person.

You guys are fucking painful, ONE page ago (not twenty, not two, ONE), I wrote this before mentioning that the prosecution is basing it around that case:

Fucking painful. Just READ. GOOGLE. READ.
    You wany to talk about painful? Your complete lack of understanding of Australian law is painful. He has already been charged. If he wasn't charged why would he be in court. Please get a clue.

Prosecution case based on - Royal v R 1991 High Court Case

But if you read in, that has a lot more direct evidence.
    It has been discussed before here, and on other forums running a thread on this case. The only similarity the Royall case has is that a female fell from a hi rise to her death. The reasons that led to that are all completely dissimilar to this case. Same goes for the Gittany case.

Clearly you did not even "read into" the Royall case as you claimed. So why did you post that irrelevance? To try and appear intelligent? You failed, as we saw in the Batterham thread. Again we see you post whilst having no idea what you are talking about.

You wany to talk about painful? Your complete lack of understanding of Australian law is painful. He has already been charged. If he wasn't charged why would he be in court. Please get a clue.
    Amen. What is painful is people who believe everything they read and see on the net. The fool who said that this case was based on Royall actually works in the state Prosecutions Dept, and clearly has no idea what he is talking about. Then you have clueless people reading it, and taking it as gospel. Stupidity feeds on it self like a virus.

"You guys" who?

Why make three comments referencing the Royall case if you didn't want it to be discussed? I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

The above isn't discussion. The above is just trying to rip me to shreds because of the.. Batterham thread? Stop de-railing. Cheers.

Sorry, I said charged instead of found guilty. It's clear what I meant. 'No idea about Australian Law', okay. I don't think i need to 'prove' anything to you.

The prosecution, referenced the Royall case when building their case, I didn't say it was clever, I said this was a very fucking different case - read what I wrote, AGAIN. I mentioned it, because it's relevant, it doesn't mean I agree with it. It's just information.

PS If you don't know WHY I brought it up, you can utilise your eyeballs (those balls in the front of your face) and read. I happened to discussed this with a lawyer, and thought I'd remind everyone how the prosecutions case came to be in the first place. They used the Royall case as the bones, but, as I said, that actually had evidence and was a very different case, thus why this one is a clusterfuck.

I love having to write the same thing three times, in a way to best suit different people. I won't again.

And I would venture to say that since the toxicology only reported BAC, we'll never know whether there were any drugs in her system. It's a possible theory that she was hallucinating on the balcony - to me it seems the only reason she would elect to jump over. Tostee could not be responsible for identifying she was high on drugs. The absence of a drug test in the toxicology was a glaring error by the police and can only create doubt in the minds of jurors. Beyond reasonable doubt is the proof standard, and it is not allowed to be compromised by doubt. When there is doubt, they cannot convict.

Quote Originally Posted by coniferous View Post
    Amen. What is painful is people who believe everything they read and see on the net. The fool who said that this case was based on Royall actually works in the state Prosecutions Dept, and clearly has no idea what he is talking about. Then you have clueless people reading it, and taking it as gospel. Stupidity feeds on it self like a virus.
    Unless you were actually there, where exactly are you getting your conclusion regarding this case that isn't derived from the same variety of sources?

Quote Originally Posted by coniferous View Post
    Stupid is as stupid does. This case involves some very complex legal arguments. People are trying to simplify it into a discussion of what he and she should or should not have done, or a discussion of morals and ethics, or oversimplifying in regards to other cases. But the legal system doesn't work that way.

The above isn't discussion. The above is just trying to rip me to shreds because of the.. Batterham thread? Stop de-railing. Cheers.

Sorry, I said charged instead of found guilty. It's clear what I meant. 'No idea about Australian Law', okay. I don't think i need to 'prove' anything to you.

The prosecution, referenced the Royall case when building their case, I didn't say it was clever, I said this was a very fucking different case - read what I wrote, AGAIN. I mentioned it, because it's relevant, it doesn't mean I agree with it. It's just information.
    You've already proven everything I said. You are trying to comment on a legal system you simply don't understand.

You're right, down here in Alabama, we don't understand those Australian folks with their billabongs and their boomerangs.

Mr Tostee has just arrived back in court. The judge will sum up and then the jury will retire to reach a verdict. Maybe today? I can't see the jury deliberating for too long on this one, tomorrow at the latest.

You're right, down here in Alabama, we don't understand those Australian folks with their billabongs and their boomerangs.
    Well it is fitting that you mention that because your level of knowledge of the Australian legal system is probably as much as someone from Alabama. Concerning for someone from Australia to have such little understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Unless you were actually there, where exactly are you getting your conclusion regarding this case that isn't derived from the same variety of sources?
    I have tried to refrained from commenting here until the trial was over. Facts obviously came out during the trial, including the toxicology results (BAC .156%).

If you are saying how can I believe those court details were published correctly you have a valid point given the sloppy manner in which so many other details of this case have been reported incorrectly over time. The media couldn't even get the trial date right - they reported it as Oct 30th! I think though, if any falsehoods were published the defence team would be straight onto the media to have it corrected ASAP, because obviously a falsehood there could prejudice their client. Some of the court tweets have been corrected very swiftly. So I think the trial reporting is accurate, as opposed to what mainstream media normally do.

I'm so stupidified. I haven't felt this way since Jodis thread.

So confused over what everybody is fighting about.

Mr Tostee has just arrived back in court. The judge will sum up and then the jury will retire to reach a verdict. Maybe today? I can't see the jury deliberating for too long on this one, tomorrow at the latest.
    The jury have heard the full audio recording. They have examined it in detail. They have heard all the nuances in Wright's and Tostee's voices, which would have corrected the false narrative being spun by the media and on forums. The false details that the police drafted up in the audio transcript in their original brief have been corrected also. Details have now come to light that Wright was a disturbed individual. All these things were not previously available to the people commenting here and elsewhere on this case. I suspect the outcome will be very different to what the baying hounds out for Tostee's blood want.

Thread Information