Thread: Mandy Strother (40) od'ed at a halfway house residence on August 10th, 2014

Mandy Strother (40) od'ed at a halfway house residence on August 10th, 2014

I know it doesn't say "pending", but I looked up "Halfway house residence" and this is why Mandy's case makes me curious. Maybe someone will find out what happened. Whatever it was, she was definitely too young and she leaves behind a son. :/

1410617 Tarrant Strother Mandy 1/8/1974 40 8/10/2014 D White F
    Police Department: Fort Worth Police Department Police Svc #: 14-76233
    Deceased Address: Time Of Death 5:20 PM
    Occurred Location: 5825 Westcreed Drive , Fort Worth, Texas 76133
    Place Of Death: Halfway house residence Prosector:
    Place Of Death Address: 5625 Westcreek Drive , Fort Worth, Texas Manner Of Death:
    Cause Of Death:
    http://mepublic.tarrantcounty.com/mepublic/Default.aspx
    https://www.facebook.com/mandy.strother.1

A halfway house is a place to allow convicted criminals to begin the process of reintegration with society, while still providing monitoring and support; this is generally believed to reduce the risk of recidivism or relapse when compared to a release directly into society. Halfway houses are meant for reintegration of persons who have been recently released from jail or a mental institution. There is often opposition from neighborhoods where halfway houses attempt to locate.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halfway_house

od or suicide?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    There are also halfway houses for people who have finished inpatient rehab. I'm going to guess that she relapsed. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Mandy Sears Strother, 40, a beloved mother, daughter, sister, niece, cousin and friend, died Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014. Funeral: 11 a.m. Thursday at First Baptist Church of Saginaw. Interment: Dido Cemetery. Memorials: The Oxford House, Inc. or the SPCA of Texas. Survivors: Son, Joshua Creasy; parents, Ron and Pat Sears; sister, Stephanie Sears; niece, Alyssa Sears; and aunt and uncle, Judy Keys and Gary Keys.
    Published in Star-Telegram on Aug. 13, 2014 - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw....87VEtXyF.dpuf

Read more here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw...#storylink=cpy

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    OD. Very sad article that mentions her, but it's main focus is the lady that died with her.
    RIP ladies.
    http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/08...al-battle.html

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    OD. Very sad article that mentions her, but it's main focus is the lady that died with her.
    RIP ladies.
    http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/08...al-battle.html
    Are you sure the url is right? I can't find her name in this article.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    Are you sure the url is right? I can't find her name in this article.
    Police responding to a 911 call on the evening of Aug. 10 at the Oxford House found Fulmer and another resident of the group home, 40-year-old Mandy Strother, dead on a bathroom floor.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/08...#storylink=cpy

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Police responding to a 911 call on the evening of Aug. 10 at the Oxford House found Fulmer and another resident of the group home, 40-year-old Mandy Strother, dead on a bathroom floor.

Just wanted to add a little more from the article you posted. Terrible. I do find it strange that 2 people died from the same dose...but wouldn't that just mean the drug was bad or laced with something terrible?

A resident had discovered the women’s bodies after becoming concerned that the shower had been running in the bathroom for an hour. The resident was able to unlock the door and found the women collapsed atop each other on the floor. A syringe lay nearby.

Homicide Sgt. Joe Loughman said investigators believe that both women’s deaths are drug-related but are awaiting toxicology test results by the Tarrant County medical examiner’s office for confirmation.

“The coroner told me in all of his years of doing this, he’s never seen two people overdose simultaneously,” Rich Fulmer said. “He suspects there was something in there that just took them instantly.”

Strother’s family declined to be interviewed.

Richard Fulmer said he and his ex-wife want to share Fulmer’s story in hopes of “saving some other parent’s baby.”

“Every time a child is putting a needle in their arm, it’s like they’re playing Russian roulette,” Rich Fulmer said. “Sooner or later, everybody is going to lose.”

It could just be more pure than they expected but it's REALLY common in people who've gotten clean & decide they'll just have one more hit. Their tolerance is waaaaay down & the last time they used they probably needed quite a bit to work. They know this, & try to take it into account, but obviously there's no way to calculate it with street drugs & if you fuck up it' s the last mistake you'll ever make.

It is weird there were 2 of them though. It usually happens because they've snuck off on their own to do it in secret so family/non-using friends don't find out & that means there's no-one there to help them when it happens. They must have done it so close together that they both dropped at once. Damn sad. I lost a good friend exactly this way 24 yrs ago last month. Hard to believe we've all lived longer without him now than he ever lived to begin with.

If you're going to relapse people DON'T do it alone. Make sure someone's capable of calling for help. Death lasts a lot longer than your shame at fucking up.

Her FB is gone so I can't make an article. Will move to Non MDS death section.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    My uncle and his best friend died on New Years Eve due to bad heroin...so I am wondering if you are right, berm.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

$80,000 for rehab!?

That's mind blowing.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by trepid View Post
    $80,000 for rehab!?

That's mind blowing.
    Shitttt...that's nothing. Have you seen those Passages Malibu commercials?
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

My 30 day stay at Willingway in Statesboro, Ga. was $30,000 and I'm talking 1995. I cannot remember if this was after insurance or not, the place was amazing.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

With or without insurance rehab is not cheap! And Passages, lol! I am sure they do good work but how does that translate into real life at the end of the day?
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Thread Information