Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The e-cig thread. Because quitting smoking isn't just for premium members.

My daughter has ditched cigarettes by using the E cig. She is now stepping down her nicotine and hopes to be nicotine free in a few weeks. She bought an e-cig set up for me and my husband and filled them with menthol for me and marlboro for him. I have tried to use it and so has hubby and we both have the same complaint. It makes us cough. I can't even inhale the vapor. When I inhale and blow out, I don't blow out any vapor. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. She told me it's because I'm still smoking the real thing, so I quit smoking for a day and used the e-cig only. That night my lungs hurt and I coughed all night. I puffed on hers, which smells like cotton candy and I coughed like crazy. I know her feelings are hurt that we aren't using them and I think she feels we haven't tried very hard. There is no adjustments on our e-cig. You just hold the button till it lights up and crackles a bit and then take a puff.

Any suggestions to stopping the cough? I would love to throw away the ashtrays and lighters. The weird thing is I did some dabs in an e-cig set up and it didn't make me cough half as bad as the legal e-cig does.

what i've found actually recently is that lower nicotine seems less harsh on my lungs. also, where i get them, you can adjust the pg/vg levels in the fluid and i noticed that higher vg is also less harsh and provides a bigger cloud.

http://cloudnine.hillarymilesproduct...arette-vaping/

i buy from mt. baker, which is linked in the article.
    Last edited by animosity; 03-15-2015 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Mary, it definitely takes some getting used to. It dries out your throat at first so stay hydrated. And you'll cough and your lungs will hurt because you quit. It's your lungs' way of getting all the crap out. People have coughed up black crap even as far off as a year after quitting (no matter the method used to quit).

You can also choose a higher VG ratio and it won't be as harsh. The company Ani listed is fantastic and let's you choose your PG/VG Ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

So, I started vaping yesterday exclusively. I had 5 cigarettes that day and today, none. I bought a box mod that goes to 70 or 80 watts and like 20 volts. I'm concerned that I will get too much nicotine. I vape 24mg nicotine. Right now, I have it set to 15 watts and 5 volts on an aspire nautilus mini. It seems right...I don't know though. The tank that came with the box had a much larger coil so I took in way more vape but had to set it at 40 watts and the juice they sold me was 12mg nicotine. Am I better vaping at 15 watts with 24mg or 40 percent with 12mg?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    So, I started vaping yesterday exclusively. I had 5 cigarettes that day and today, none. I bought a box mod that goes to 70 or 80 watts and like 20 volts. I'm concerned that I will get too much nicotine. I vape 24mg nicotine. Right now, I have it set to 15 watts and 5 volts on an aspire nautilus mini. It seems right...I don't know though. The tank that came with the box had a much larger coil so I took in way more vape but had to set it at 40 watts and the juice they sold me was 12mg nicotine. Am I better vaping at 15 watts with 24mg or 40 percent with 12mg?
    Wow. Chinese to me lol. You did your homework before starting because I'm still just using my Halos. I'm on 9mgs Still. I was hoping to be at 3 by now, but just not ready yet.

I wish I could help you, but the only suggestion I would have is to vape a lower mg of nicotine. GOOD FOR YOU! Quitting is a good thing
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I started vaping in March. I use a 20 watt eleaf istick and just got a new tank that the owner of the cape shop I go to recommended. It's a Kangertech Subtank Nano. I bought it on the first and have been fighting with it since day one. At first, I kept getting ejuice in my mouth. I solved that problem. But now I keep not getting hits. I'm constantly monkeying around with the tank to get hits and I'll get one or two before it stops working. Is my battery the problem? Because I've read nothing but good reviews about the tank. I'm new to this, so if I'm doing something wrong, i'd appreciate advice. I bought two coils for it, on top of the one that came with it, because the cape shop manager said that they last for two weeks or longer. I just put in my last tank yesterday, which definitely isn't normal. Ugh.

I would investigate the battery. As long as the coil is good and you are providing enough volts/wattage to fire it, you should get vape. I clean my tank every time I change the coil so I know everything is operating properly.

I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

I've dropped the battery quite a few times...I've always been a dropper. I've destroyed quite a few cell phones that way. Is there a way to fix a battery? Or do I need to buy a new one? I've been considering buying an eleaf istick 50 watt, unless I find something better. If I do buy one, I should get a rubber case for it so I don't have future problems. Is there a battery that's better than the istick but isn't ridiculously expensive?

I'm buying the heatvape invader mini 50w. It's IPX4 certified. Water resistant and shockproof. I would have to say your battery is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by heliophobic37 View Post
    I've dropped the battery quite a few times...I've always been a dropper. I've destroyed quite a few cell phones that way. Is there a way to fix a battery? Or do I need to buy a new one? I've been considering buying an eleaf istick 50 watt, unless I find something better. If I do buy one, I should get a rubber case for it so I don't have future problems. Is there a battery that's better than the istick but isn't ridiculously expensive?
    We just fixed one that got dropped. It was the charging port that was acting up. They are barely soldered onto the board and a good whack makes them lose contact. Hubby soldered it back on, but a replacement would be easy enough as it is the same port as many cell phones. I bet a cell phone repair store could fix it if you aren't great at soldering. I also picked up a separate charger for the battery for the next time the port breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    We just fixed one that got dropped. It was the charging port that was acting up. They are barely soldered onto the board and a good whack makes them lose contact. Hubby soldered it back on, but a replacement would be easy enough as it is the same port as many cell phones. I bet a cell phone repair store could fix it if you aren't great at soldering. I also picked up a separate charger for the battery for the next time the port breaks.
    It charges... But when I put the tank onto the battery, the ohms aren't where they should be. And it keeps dropping the wattage on its own. I'll crank it up to ten watts or more and after a few minutes, the watts drop to 7 or less. So I should either get the battery fixed or buy a new one? I've been thinking of getting a stronger battery anyway. 20 watts just isn't enough anymore. The guy at the vape shop I go to said that eleaf doesn't even make the 20 watt battery anymore. The lowest battery they make is 20 watts. I definitely want something that has 50 watts or more.

Thread Information