Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The e-cig thread. Because quitting smoking isn't just for premium members.

The e-cig thread. Because quitting smoking isn't just for premium members.

i realized the quitting smoking thread is posted in premium but i think everyone would benefit from knowing more about e-cigs. i sure have.

20 years a smoker, i recently quit using an e-cig. actually, i think the real term is 'vape-pen'. today, i am 2 days shy of 1 whole month without a real cigarette.

while i put in an order from a company suggested by bostonbabe73, it's going to take a few days to get it. in the meantime, i realized that the tanks i have are becoming rank so i searched the internet looking for ways to extend their lives by cleaning. i found this video and tried it. works great. my vaping tastes great again! yay!

company i bought the flavors from: http://www.mtbakervapor.com/electron...icotine-juice/
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Right on
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i realized the quitting smoking thread is posted in premium but i think everyone would benefit from knowing more about e-cigs. i sure have.

20 years a smoker, i recently quit using an e-cig. actually, i think the real term is 'vape-pen'. today, i am 2 days shy of 1 whole month without a real cigarette.

while i put in an order from a company suggested by bostonbabe73, it's going to take a few days to get it. in the meantime, i realized that the tanks i have are becoming rank so i searched the internet looking for ways to extend their lives by cleaning. i found this video and tried it. works great. my vaping tastes great again! yay!

company i bought the flavors from: http://www.mtbakervapor.com/electron...icotine-juice/
    Congrats! I quit smoking 7 years ago come October. Best thing I've ever done in my life. Especially with the price of cigarettes these days. Good luck!

I have a vape, but I don't use it much. My main interest is, how in the heck do I fit my weed in the thing? What are the vape pens that people are smoking weed out of? I feel so dumb when it comes to that.

Yay! I want to quit smoking and bought an e-cig. I just don't really like the flavor so I didn't even touch it after the first day. So, how do you quit? You just stop buying cigarettes and start with the e-cig? Isn't that replacing one thing for another? Tips please! :)

I use that tank and that video made me want to shoot myself in the head it was so long and boring.

I personally wouldn't take the coil and all that apart. I buy a pack of 5 new coils for $10 and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suus88 View Post
    Yay! I want to quit smoking and bought an e-cig. I just don't really like the flavor so I didn't even touch it after the first day. So, how do you quit? You just stop buying cigarettes and start with the e-cig? Isn't that replacing one thing for another? Tips please! :)
    Not trading one addiction off for another per se. Think of it as a nicotine patch. You're still talking in nicotine and you have the ability to taper off little by little without smoking. But the success rate is better with the e cig since it mimics smoking more. I started at 18mgs oF Nicotine and I'm down to 6mgs now.

Ah I get it, thanks! I will go and buy some more flavors.

My kangertech broke last night and now I am using an airy plastic tank and it sucks dick.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    My kangertech broke last night and now I am using an airy plastic tank and it sucks dick.
    I like the Halo plastic tanks, but they leak if you use any other fluid than Halo fluid. I got the Evod 2 tanks from Kanger for my flavors. They aren't supposed to fit the Halo batteries, but I was able to "convince" them on there and they actually work. It's not perfect, but it works!

All clean and loaded up! Flavors include: Malibu & Voo Doo (by Halo) and Guava, Rainbow Roundies (Skittles) and Movie Theater Fish (Swedish fish ) from Mt. Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I have a vape, but I don't use it much. My main interest is, how in the heck do I fit my weed in the thing? What are the vape pens that people are smoking weed out of? I feel so dumb when it comes to that.
    Most of the pen styles are still combusting your weed so you might as well smoke it. I have a Snoop Dog G-Pen which is advertised for dry herbs. I added a glass screen to it which is supposed to make it more like an actual vape but it's still not that impressive. If you want to vape dry herbs, buy a nice vape like a Volcano vape http://volcanovaporizer.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

i'm still trying to figure out what is what and how and why about the e-cigs.

i have a variable voltage that i noticed was creating an acrid taste when up high. so i was trying the different ohm coils. i found the 1.5 works better at high voltage than the 2.5.

i also sent away for the same grape flavor, one pg/vg 80/20 and the other 20/80. the pg 80 seems to work better at the higher voltage than the vg 80. not sure why though.

any thoughts? boston - you seem good at interpreting these things.

That's when it gets too technical for me lol. I know there PG is what produces the appearance of smoke, so maybe it's more reactivate to higher voltages in general?

I get 2.5 coils and they work for me. I don't have an adjustable voltage on my e cigs.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Hey kids. Paranoid Polly here. Just wanna share my experience. I used one of these without properly researching how the work, how often you should use it, and how strong they are compared to normal cigarettes. Educate yourselves before delving in, please. I used it too much and ended up having nicotine poisoning and a seizure. I think they are great tools to use to quit smoking, but knowledge is your friend! I think one should always research something and get all the info they can do to so safely. I wish I had done that.

I quit smoking in December, but I've had a few here and there while drinking, which I am ok with. The addiction to them is broken and that is all that matters to me! I'm proud of all you quitters! Our lungs thank us.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Hey kids. Paranoid Polly here. Just wanna share my experience. I used one of these without properly researching how the work, how often you should use it, and how strong they are compared to normal cigarettes. Educate yourselves before delving in, please. I used it too much and ended up having nicotine poisoning and a seizure. I think they are great tools to use to quit smoking, but knowledge is your friend! I think one should always research something and get all the info they can do to so safely. I wish I had done that.

I quit smoking in December, but I've had a few here and there while drinking, which I am ok with. The addiction to them is broken and that is all that matters to me! I'm proud of all you quitters! Our lungs thank us.
    that's trippy. i've got mine right next to my mouth at all times and i have never ever felt close to being sick from it. maybe you had a super high dose of nicotine? i'm down to 6 but i used to use 12.

that's trippy. i've got mine right next to my mouth at all times and i have never ever felt close to being sick from it. maybe you had a super high dose of nicotine? i'm down to 6 but i used to use 12.
    I started with the middle...I can't remember the exact number, but it wasn't the highest and it wasn't the lowest. But I was puffing on that thing CONSTANTLY. Maybe I am just sensitive? Who knows! I'm not knocking it at all, because I think it has helped and will continue to help a lot of people. I just had a really shitty reaction to it. I didn't attribute the seizure to the vape pen so I continued to puff on it after I came back from the hospital and I didn't feel right again and almost had another seizure. I chucked that thing in the dumpster.

some people (veryfew) have an allergy to the pg i think.

some people (veryfew) have an allergy to the pg i think.
    I didn't think of that. I'm probably just a fluke. Weird things tend to happen to me that doesn't happen to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I didn't think of that. I'm probably just a fluke. Weird things tend to happen to me that doesn't happen to anyone else.

Yeah, it's probably the case. I've been Vape exclusive for just about a year with no issues. It could have also been the e liquid maybe?

March 10th marks one year tobacco free for me! With the exception of a cigar over New Years.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

Yeah, it's probably the case. I've been Vape exclusive for just about a year with no issues. It could have also been the e liquid maybe?

March 10th marks one year tobacco free for me! With the exception of a cigar over New Years.
    I'm speshul.

Smart thread.

My DH was a 25 year smoker and quit cold turkey 1 1/2 years ago using the e-cig and hasn't lit one up since.
    He gets his stuff from the manufacturer and also uses glycerin to gradually lower the nicotine in the oils.

The only negative I have noticed except for some oils that really bother my sensitive olfactory system is, the windshield inside his car.
    I have a horrible time cutting the gunk that settles on the glass, vinegar doesn't do it, alcohol does a much better job but it takes mucho elbow grease
    which really bothers my hands and wrists.

I try not to complain 'cause I am so proud of his accomplishment.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    Smart thread.

My DH was a 25 year smoker and quit cold turkey 1 1/2 years ago using the e-cig and hasn't lit one up since.
    He gets his stuff from the manufacturer and also uses glycerin to gradually lower the nicotine in the oils.

The only negative I have noticed except for some oils that really bother my sensitive olfactory system is, the windshield inside his car.
    I have a horrible time cutting the gunk that settles on the glass, vinegar doesn't do it, alcohol does a much better job but it takes mucho elbow grease
    which really bothers my hands and wrists.

I try not to complain 'cause I am so proud of his accomplishment.
    Why are you cleaning the windshield in his car?

I stopped smoking completely in October 2014, there was a campaign called Stoptober in the UK and I decided to join in and dump the cigs. I thought about getting a vape thing, but I didn't bother in the end. I do miss smoking though, I need that hand to mouth action, stupid isn't it? I've spent a fortune of sugar free lollipops and I've also booked and almost paid for a week in Corfu in June, for me and my bloke, using my former tobacco money.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyCooper View Post
    Why are you cleaning the windshield in his car?
    The oil from the vapor leaves a film and obstructs my vision. I drive his car sometimes. No smoking in my car, e-cig included.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

DTTAM: i finally got my family on board with the whole fake cig thing and some ass hole who doesn't know what he's doing modifies his and explodes it then goes on the news talking about how dangerous they are. now i have grandmas and grandpas calling me left and right about how worried they are.

Thread Information