Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Michael Brown, 18, Was Shot Dead By Police In St. Louis

There ***MIGHT*** have just been an officer shot at Ferguson PD.

Definitely shots fired & shit going crazy.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ferguson?src=hash

ETA

Yes. Looks like it. Fuck.

Dr. Cornel Fresh
    ‏@WyzeChef
    Carrying the officer away and guns drawn. #ferguson https://instagram.com/p/0HZkAEhV_t/*
    Reply Retweeted Favorite
    More
    RETWEETS

Vine posted as it happened

2nd ETA media photographers reporting 2 officers hit. Possibly lower legs. At least 1 bleeding badly. Reports also that shots came from behind protest group so hopefully they also consider the possibility of rooftops where armed groups have stationed themselves in the past.

https://vine.co/v/O9iPX5eBHOT
    Last edited by blighted star; 03-11-2015 at 09:35 PM.

oh yeah hopefully because I'd really be upset if any of those racist disgusting American embarrassments were hurt wait no fuck Ferguson PD.

Both of the officers are out of the hospital.
    Here is a video of the shooting that happened last night.
    http://m.ustream.tv/recorded/5979684...?rmalang=en_US

The fact that this happened this AM/last night right after the chief resigns makes no sense. None. Whomever did the shooting had to shoot past the protesters to hit the police- if they were aiming for police.
    Belmar then said that the shooter was in with the protesters which IS NOT TRUE. He changed his story a bit more this morning. I can look for the video of him saying that right after the shooting if you guys want.
    They weren't Ferg officers that were shot, they were from other areas. There are and have been often officers from other areas down there.
    Oath Keepers were on rooftops in December but I think they left the area.
    None of this makes any damn sense.

One step forward, two steps back. Same old bullshit. Good luck changing anything there, on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordCocks View Post
    One step forward, two steps back. Same old bullshit. Good luck changing anything there, on either side.
    That is the truth sadly. This has been going on so long in STL and coming to a nasty boiling point for so long.
    The racial tensions here are and have been terrible. The Delmar Divide is well known for a reason, while its not in Ferguson it lends to the tensions of the city. Those who pretend that there are not serious racial issues in St. Louis are not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordCocks View Post
    Well, it is where it is for a reason, and that reason is directly the fault of the people running that city. There are plenty of other cities in the US that have heavy diversity and even racial tension, but they're managed better. Mike Brown is not the reason why this is going on in Ferguson, he was just the cherry on the sundae for those folks.

Any time there's rioting, or shit happens that pisses people off bad enough to riot, chances are it's 99% related to something that was handled poorly by the government. It's literally their job to keep the peace and in order to do that, you have to treat people like humans, and that means all humans, not just the ones you like.

If enough people care enough, it will turn around. Hopefully it doesn't take 60yrs, like Detroit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Its not new though. This has been on going for years and years.
    You are totally right that Mike Brown was the Cherry on top or the straw that broke the camels back.
    Ferguson is not a bad town, it wasn't a bad town. That is Jennings or Kinloch, both of which started out as not being "bad" also.
    There is so much history behind all of this that even the people in St. Louis are failing to look at that it is maddening. The way the people in these area have been used to make money hand over fist is disgusting.
    The way they are treated there is horrible. The fact that the kids there aren't safe from anyone anymore and that outsiders have come in and made it worse.
    I'm just going to be really honest here, this is personal for me. I have friends who live right in the thick of this and I mentor kids who live in Ferguson. Last summer was scary, this summer I fear is going to be worse now after last night.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I saw an excerpt of the interview yesterday ......he is totally remorseless and was whining about how difficult his life has been. Disgusting .

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I saw an excerpt of the interview yesterday ......he is totally remorseless and was whining about how difficult his life has been. Disgusting .
    And he stays around "like minded people"

Hahahaha that's so insane I can't even believe it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    And he stays around "like minded people"

Hahahaha that's so insane I can't even believe it happened.
    Omg Ron ..... that line "like minded people" confirmed his racist mind set .... just his face and tone when he said that was so revealing. And his refusal to read the Justice Dept. report demonstrates his desire to remain ignorant and continue in his blind refusal to accept any culpability for his actions.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Omg Ron ..... that line "like minded people" confirmed his racist mind set .... just his face and tone when he said that was so revealing. And his refusal to read the Justice Dept. report demonstrates his desire to remain ignorant and continue in his blind refusal to accept any culpability for his actions.
    There has to be something wrong with you when you don't acknowledge a certain race as human. Cause either he's so detached that black lives don't matter, or he feels this way about all humans. I mean I've seen people more broken up over hitting a dog. He shot someone to death.

Even if someone was choking you, and you're losing consciousnesses while you shoot them, a normal person still feels at least a little bad about it. Even if you're just angry because they "forced your hand" or something! SOMETHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    There has to be something wrong with you when you don't acknowledge a certain race as human. Cause either he's so detached that black lives don't matter, or he feels this way about all humans. I mean I've seen people more broken up over hitting a dog. He shot someone to death.

Even if someone was choking you, and you're losing consciousnesses while you shoot them, a normal person still feels at least a little bad about it. Even if you're just angry because they "forced your hand" or something! SOMETHING!
    He's not felt bad from the moment he did it. If you watch the videos of him in the station right afterwards he is totally cool about it.
    He straight up murdered Michael Brown and is smug about getting away with it. His attitude says it all.
    Moral ppl feel shook up when they take a life, they feel shocked. They don't walk around like they are king shit.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    "Throughout the day, vigils honored the unarmed black teen. Attendants observed 4? minutes of silence to signify the 4? hours Brown's body lay on the street after he was shot last year."
    Yet the only thing anyone on my newsfeed is talking about is the gun fire and how they "knew it was going to happen because of those protesters."
    St. Louis is not a calm city, it hasn't been for years. The fact that the gun fire happened isn't surprising.
    What ppl should still be talking about though is that a teenagers body was left in the street for 4.5 hours on a hot, muggy, August day while his mother was refused to allow to id him. That her wails were put on the news over and over again. That his fake arrest record was put all over the news and social media but apologizes were never made for that.
    Its been a year and Darren Wilson is in the news whining about his life. Bless your heart Darren, your ass didn't lay on the street dead for 4.5 hours, it never would have. They would have never brought in dogs to scare away your family.
    Damn, I get so angry remembering that day.

Most people are probably aware there are anniversary protests happening in Ferguson at the moment. There was a shooting during protests yesterday & possibly 2 today, with the timezone difference I'm not sure yet if there were 2 new ones todasy or if one of the 2 referred to is the one from yesterday when a bystander was grazed.

There was definitely at least one person shot today though & it was a police-involved shooting. Within the past 24hrs a few of the better known BLM tweeters posted about having to run as bullets whizzed by their heads too.

I haven't had time to read through far enough to know who was shooting at who yet but this is footage someone attempted to take of the police shooting. Once again it shows officers failing to assist a critically-injured person - you only get to see a few seconds before the person filming is approached by aggressive police officers & arrested for something, hopefully they did something to help the guy after the filming stopped

I'm having massive trouble posting/editing so I'm not even going to bother trying to rewrite this. Will just stick new details here -

Police say the guy who was shot opened fire on an unmarked police car.

His dad identified him as Tyrone Harris & says he was very close to Michael Brown

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10448021.html

Edit I couldn't view it even if I could find it but apparently his girlfriend was interviewed on Fox2(?) & said they were just running from the gun fire with everybody else.

There are quite a few hugely conflicting versions of the police version of how this went down, whether that's because police are really giving conflicting versions or because media are screwing it up in their rush to be first, who knows -

This is one version

He was first seen by officers as he was running away after he had allegedly just exchanged gunfire with an unknown person. Police in an unmarked SUV then turned on its lights and pursued Harris as the young man turned around and fired at the vehicle, hitting both the hood and windshield several times.

When the detectives exited the car, Tyrone reportedly continued to fire until the officers struck him multiple times.

The one thing every version has incommon is that an unknown person fired shots first & the officers involved were plainclothes.

People have just started tweeting about footage taken at the time saying it's unclear whether he was involved in the shooting or just a bystander as his girlfriend claimed. (will try & link footage if I see any posted)

There are also claims his family have been refused access to him in hospital & police wouldn't even let his father use the public toilets there before making him leave the hospital grounds.

There's way too much to link & stuff is being posted FAST so just search #TyroneHarris on twitter if anyone wants to see any of the stuff above or new updates before they hit msm.

I actually thought it might be a pretty straightforward case for once. I should've known better.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-10-2015 at 05:19 AM.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I started to ride over there this weekend. However, I wasn't feeling well. RIP Michael Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I started to ride over there this weekend. However, I wasn't feeling well. RIP Michael Brown
    Its going to get worse there Queena as I am sure you know.
    With the shootings now it is going to get so bad. Everyone knew it was going to get bad around this time, I think TPTB are hoping it gets worse so they can even further bury what was found out about the department there. Almost no one even remembers what came out about the department.
    I have loved ones that live in Ferg and I am so worried about them, they are just teenagers.

State of emergency issued already.
    County police will be there, National guard soon. It will be ugly.
    County police are the ones that caused most of the issues last time.
    http://www.kmov.com/story/29751604/s...t-louis-county

So the circumstances didn't get any clearer overnight.

This shooting incident is seriously confusing. First reports said some unknown person fired shots & someone else returned fire at which point police "turned on their lights" (it was an unmarked so do they mean headlights or blues?) & gave chase. They identified Tyrone, followed & said he fired at them as they approached.

Tyrone's girlfriend & other witnesses dispute that account & say he was running from the gunfire, not shooting. Quite a few people scoffed at that last night & said stuff along the lines of "yeah, sure - if he wasn't the one shooting them, then who was?"

Now police have apparently said this

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33856887

Police said he was among six people who fired at an unmarked SUV with plainclothes detectives inside, who then fired back.

If he was already running from gunfire, how would he know the armed, plainclothed white guys chasing him were police & not some vigilante group. Even if they stuck one of those portable police lights on their roof it wouldn't mean much - anyone can buy them. My mates had them in rural NSW 25 yrs ago ffs.

It's possible everything police are saying is true but unfortunately it's just as possible that it's not. Once upon a time I might've veered more toward the police version in a case that seemed as incriminating as this until evidence told me I shouldn't, but I just can't give my benefit of the doubt to the police side anymore. People can rant all they want that the good police are the majority, but those good police are just going to have to wear the bad rep too until they have the guts to take a stand against the filth within their ranks.

It'll be interesting to see if the stolen gun allegedly found near Tyrone ever passed through police hands in a prior case.

May as well add this while I'm here. The imported Police Chief was being interviewed as the shots were fired, you can almost see him hoping that first shot would be the only shot & that no-one else had noticed. The volley that follows & the screaming in the background ruins any chance of that though.

I guess his interview just became evidence - they should be able to analyse it to prove what was fired when/how many times etc

Protesters stopped 70 today for 15mins. That of course meant that ppl should post photos of semi trucks with blood and guts all over them on fb. I had to clear up my friends list again today.
    When one person drove through the protesters and someone chimed in "my hero" they had to go also.
    Unless you are in an honest emergency you can wait in traffic for 15mins. #sorrynotsorry
    Your 15mins is not more important than what is going on right now. Waiting on a freeway and being inconvenienced will not KILL you.
    Saying that ppl who almost ran over and killed a group of ppl is your hero speaks volumes as to what you value. Posting photos of semis with blood and body parts hanging out speaks of what is important to you.
    These people want others to die because they saw others had to wait on the freeway for fifteen minutes. Things like "Those ppl better not cross to our side of the river" were said.
    That should tell you about the segregation in St. Louis.

The grammar in this article is fucking atrocious so I'm hopng this is just some bullshit troll site trying to make things worse

http://news10live.com/two-black-teen...y-in-ferguson/

I can't read the whole "article" but it has to be shit. Who runs this site & what are they trying to achieve.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-10-2015 at 10:44 PM. Reason: my spelling was pretty atrocious too

I'm not finding anything on local sites or on twitter about it.

Oathkeepers are there though...
    https://twitter.com/deray

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This is so sad. I go to Ferguson a lot. Maybe too much. I like to shop, and there's a shopping center near there that's very nice. There's a wild turkey that walks freely, in the daytime on Lucas-Hunt road. I really need to go shopping soon, but I'm not sure if it will be safe. I hope everyone's ok. I also hope that turkey found a safe place. I wish I knew how to post pictures, it's amazing how calm he was.

Thread Information