Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Brown, 18, Was Shot Dead By Police In St. Louis

Just posted. Not verified anywhere

https://mobile.twitter.com/dwallbank...24955040346112
    DerekWallbank @dwallbank BREAKING: Rep. Clay Says St. Louis County Police to be Relieved of Duty #Ferguson 12:26am - 15 Aug 14
    Derek Wallbank @dwallbank Clay: "The gov. just called me and he's on his way to St. Louis now to announce he's taking St. Louis County police out of the situation

I have no idea who this guy is. Is it legit? No-one else is running it yet

Guess he is

http://go.bloomberg.com/political-ca...hor/dwallbank/

Has anyone ever stood down an entire police force before?
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-14-2014 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Just posted. Not verified anywhere

https://mobile.twitter.com/dwallbank...24955040346112

I have no idea who this guy is. Is it legit? No-one else is running it yet

Guess he is

http://go.bloomberg.com/political-ca...hor/dwallbank/

Has anyone ever stood down an entire police force before?
    Blighted, that's what I am getting right now all over my feed

The governor of Missouri will reportedly relieve St. Louis County law enforcement from policing the ongoing demonstrations in the town of Ferguson, paving the way for possible state or federal intervention.

Rep Wm. Lacy Clay (D-Missouri told Bloomberg News on Thursday morning that Gov. Jay Nixon, also a Democrat, had confirmed to him that county police will be pulled from their duties in Ferguson, where outrage continues to erupt following the officer-involved shooting and killing of Michael Brown, an 18-year-old unarmed teenager, on Saturday.http://rt.com/usa/180360-police-loui...cing-ferguson/

This is actually getting pretty scary.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Blighted, that's what I am getting right now all over my feed

The governor of Missouri will reportedly relieve St. Louis County law enforcement from policing the ongoing demonstrations in the town of Ferguson, paving the way for possible state or federal intervention.

Rep Wm. Lacy Clay (D-Missouri told Bloomberg News on Thursday morning that Gov. Jay Nixon, also a Democrat, had confirmed to him that county police will be pulled from their duties in Ferguson, where outrage continues to erupt following the officer-involved shooting and killing of Michael Brown, an 18-year-old unarmed teenager, on Saturday.http://rt.com/usa/180360-police-loui...cing-ferguson/

So does this mean they're going to bring in the National Guard or something I guess? Geez, what a messy situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I watched the.live coverage last night as the situation escalated due to the excessive police tactics.
    It reminded me of the sixties when police turned hoses on protesters. This police dept is arrogant, racist and clearly over militarized and clearly contemptuous of the citizens they are supposed to serve and protect.

To hear the accounts of the reporters on the scene who were bullied last night was one thing ...to see the video demonstrating the drunk with power officers in that fast food restaurant was illuminating and illustrates what treatment those citizens have been subject to.

A sad by product of the 9/11 terror attacks is the militarization of local police dept forces

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Yeah, this IS scary, but necessary. Police have WAY to much authority to bully, intimidate, and in worst cases murder people with no consequences. The more that is fought, the better!

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post

I'm sorry but really? I'm not saying thing are great. They are not. In fact situations like this one in Mo. suck. But... the police riot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_riot is nothing new, and I'd say that things are better now than they've ever been. Why? Well at least in part because just about every citizen is armed... not with a gun but with a camera. Cases of egregious misbehavior can be documented and investigated. This crap makes headlines and eventually the sunlight will clean things up. Not entirely, there will always be those who abuse their power, but things really are better than they were in my youth. There have always been good decent law officers and there've always been bullies with badges. Same as it ever was.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you're outraged, but understand it's an old, old problem.

Now I do agree that the fire power the cops seem all to eager to deploy is really over the top.
    Yes, it's an old problem. An old problem that time and time again yields the same fucking results: citizens dead, and despite video evidence that seems to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, no bad cops punished. The scenes depicted in those news clippings look like something you'd see in Fallujah or the Gaza Strip, not Main Street St. Louis. And when we have justices on the Supreme Court who make rulings that essentially say "it's not a police officer's job to protect citizens", we have a problem. And the more conservative and older the population of this country gets, the worse and more commonplace shit like this will become.

Sure, the sunlight may clean things up. But how much longer do they have to live in the darkness before the dawn comes? How many more innocent kids have to die before someone pulls their head out of their ass and takes accountability? That's the worst part of it - there's no accountability anymore. Someone is always responsible for shit in cases like this. Always. Heads need to roll, and far too often that doesn't happen. And if you're black (or any minority, really), the chances of it happening to you are exponentially higher than my chances as a middle aged white guy.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

So the cop just drove by and shot him for no reason?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Great article at link. A word from our Veterans.....

Broken Handmic*@13F2PL7

A lot of vets, me included, would go to Ferguson and gladly teach some classes on crowd control and patrolling You are fucking it up.

7:03 PM - 13 Aug 2014

212*RETWEETS*124*FAVORITESReply*Retweet*

https://storify.com/AthertonKD/veterans-on-ferguson
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

So, are all these racist, thug cops on paid administrative leave? It's funny how that goes, kill an unarmed kid and get a paid vacation. Get fired and get your job backs 6 months later with back pay. It's rare that charges ever get filed and if they make it to court, a jury always sides with the cop.

A few years ago, we had a police chase over a stolen car. The stolen car stopped and the cop shot the guy, saying he got out of the car brandishing a gun. There was grand jury and found that no charges should be filed against the officer. My neighbor was a lawyer for the family of the dead man and showed me the dash cam video that was never made public. During the chase, the officer was playing very loud hard rock music. When the stolen car pulled over, the cop ran from his car and and shot through the open window of the stolen car. It took less than 3 seconds for the police to kill the man as he was giving up the chase. He had a cell phone in his hand. The officer requested and was granted early full retirement due to PTSD over the incident. Ten years later the officer started a new business as a private detective and during his application for a private detectives license, the local news got wind of it and reported on it. Funny how his PTSD didn't prevent him from starting a new career as a hired thug and he was allowed to keep his retirement package, even though he had worked less than 10yrs on the force.

Kill an unarmed man while he is surrendering, get a nice long paid vacation, early retirement and allowed a concealed carry permit and a private detectives license. Nebraska, the good life

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It's a disgrace.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Not all cops are pieces of shit but a lot of them are.

I'm very thankful I have at least 4-5 good friends or family members whom I KNOW are some of the 'good guys', otherwise, it'd be really hard for me to try to teach my boys to trust police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Not all cops are pieces of shit but a lot of them are.
    Yes, they are humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chompin View Post
    Yes, they are humans.
    They tend to be the worst humans, though. My friend works at a prison with a lot of sheriffs and she says literally 3/4 of them have Nazi tattoos.

They tend to be the worst humans, though. My friend works at a prison with a lot of sheriffs and she says literally 3/4 of them have Nazi tattoos.
    I can honestly say that 60% of the people I went to school with for criminal justice (that were going into the police academy) were people I would never, ever trust. They were the guys who dressed like cops and acted like cops even though they weren't cops. Like, they would wear cargo pants with switch blades in their pockets and steel toe boots they got from the army supply store. One of them had a full arsenal in the trunk of their car. AK47, machete and all....
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I've never been arrested, but I have had dealings with cops before. They have never done one single thing for me. They have always had an "asshole" attitude. When they have left, I've felt more pissed off dealing with them than I did when I was just a victim of a crime.

My brother hated cops. He would become an absolute asshole when a cop was around. It was so strange. A normalish guy most of the time, but a cop would set him off. Even if the cop was trying to help us.

I just woke up, latest I'm getting (as of 6 mins ago) is Missouri Highway Patrol to "direct officers in Ferguson" (whatever that means)

ETA apparently it means this

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/15..._r=0&referrer=

FERGUSON, Mo. — Gov. Jay Nixon of Missouri moved to restore calm in this St. Louis suburb after the shooting death of an unarmed black teenager by a police officer led to several nights of unrest, which were met with tear gas and rubber bullets. At a news conference, Mr. Nixon said that the Missouri State Highway Patrol would take over security responsibilities in Ferguson from the St. Louis County police, whose tactics have been widely criticized as having intensified the protests.

The change was part of what he referred to as “an operational shift.” It came after Ferguson was buffeted Wednesday night by another round of protests that began after the shooting death on Saturday of 18-year-old Michael Brown. “All of us have seen some level of escalation,” Mr. Nixon said Thursday at the news conference where he appointed Capt. Ron Johnson of the Highway Patrol, who grew up in the community, to assume overall control. “We feel we need to dim that acceleration — provide folks an avenue for speaking.”

(whatever this means- are Ferguson cops still doing regular calls, paperwork? or are they completely stood down?)
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-14-2014 at 01:56 PM.

I'm reading comments on some sites (in response to use of extrapolated crime stats to defend the police tactics) that the first murder in Ferguson this year was Michael Brown. Is there some way to verify that there were no cases from Jan - July?

ETA they're saying all the live feeds are down & jamming is confirmed as of 30 mins ago (of course it's "confirmed" by some poster whose identity is unconfirmed), but we might not be seeing anything out of Ferguson for a while. There's still a comment feed running here while the police scanner feed is down, but I don't think anything local is getting through

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-lou...police-scanner
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-14-2014 at 02:32 PM.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Missouri.html

It's Missouri so it by no means is a crime free paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I'm reading comments on some sites (in response to use of extrapolated crime stats to defend the police tactics) that the first murder in Ferguson this year was Michael Brown. Is there some way to verify that there were no cases from Jan - July?
    Well I don't know about murders this year but in 2012 there were 2 murders ... statistics at http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Missouri.html
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Well I don't know about murders this year but in 2012 there were 2 murders ... statistics at http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Missouri.html
    Guess that means it's possible then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I can honestly say that 60% of the people I went to school with for criminal justice (that were going into the police academy) were people I would never, ever trust. They were the guys who dressed like cops and acted like cops even though they weren't cops. Like, they would wear cargo pants with switch blades in their pockets and steel toe boots they got from the army supply store. One of them had a full arsenal in the trunk of their car. AK47, machete and all....
    Not those who I went with. Don't worry though, eventually no one will want the thankless job and it will be better.

Yeah, so thankless, being able to kill people and not answer for it, having access to running crime syndicates you're in charge of busting, being given full pay while being investigated for breaking the law. So thankless. I wish my job was as unrewarding.

Yeah, so thankless, being able to kill people and not answer for it, having access to running crime syndicates you're in charge of busting, being given full pay while being investigated for breaking the law. So thankless. I wish my job was as unrewarding.
    Police involved in on duty deaths "answer" for a higher percentage than other killers. What is the clearance rate for murder these days.

And if you are a cop and found to be a criminal, you get fired. You can kill someone in a DUI accident and still play in the NFL, for example, after serving a suspension. I know there are shitty cops, just like in every profession. You want to pay more taxes to pay them better to lure better candidates (or maybe take some of.the handouts from the large number of lazy, stupud pieces of trash we sustain)?

Damn, I just went libtard and threw money at a problem...

Thread Information