Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Brown, 18, Was Shot Dead By Police In St. Louis

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Do I think that race probably had something to do with how the cops reacted? Absolutely. But they're the racists, Ron. Not me. So please don't turn my statement in to pegging me as being racist. If it had been a white kid about to start college and the were very few details, I'd draw the same conclusion. That a kid starting College doesn't sound like someone who is prone to starting trouble. It doesn't mean that a kid NOT starting College is either. But with no details of the circumstances surrounding the incident, the fact that any kid is heading in a good direction points to them not likely to be committing a crime. Of any color.

The cops are racist in MANY situations. But don't make me out as one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Who said anything about being Black had anything to do with it? I don't care what color he was. The fact that he was a teenager starting College indicates that he wasn't as prone to cause trouble which supports the early speculation that the cops had no reason to shoot him.

ANY KID OF ANY COLOR CAN COMMIT CRIMES.
    What are you angry about?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    What are you angry about?
    See above your post. We posted simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Do I think that race probably had something to do with how the cops reacted? Absolutely. But they're the racists, Ron. Not me. So please don't turn my statement in to pegging me as being racist. If it had been a white kid about to start college and the were very few details, I'd draw the same conclusion. That a kid starting College doesn't sound like someone who is prone to starting trouble. It doesn't mean that a kid NOT starting College is either. But with no details of the circumstances surrounding the incident, the fact that any kid is heading in a good direction points to them not likely to be committing a crime. Of any color.

The cops are racist in MANY situations. But don't make me out as one.
    Jesus Christ.

I was going to quote whomever brought up college first. Hell, I caught myself doing that shit.

Which to me, does mean a lot. "Let me get all of my cop murder out of the way today, so I can buy all my books tomorrow."

Shit makes no sense. Just posting an interesting article. Easy, killer.

Whomever? Whoever? Fuck, I try to pay attention to this shit, and I'm still lost.

Actually Obama did release a statement.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-rele...ry?id=24941866

Not to mention, every time Obama says anything ever, a bunch of hillbillies twist it around in some pathetic attempt to make it negative.

Example: "He could have been my son." during the Trayvon Martin trial.

Had this been said by any other president in history, it probably would have been a forgotten statement. Instead, it somehow got spun into this "Obama only has his side because he's black." babble.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Has anybody checked out the twitter hashtag #iftheygunnedmedown

It's pretty amazing, IMO
    Last edited by bermstalker; 08-12-2014 at 01:34 PM. Reason: fixed twitter tag

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Has anybody checked out the twitter hashtag #iftheygunnedmedown

It's pretty amazing, IMO
    I posted it already.

And yes, it's my new favorite thing.

Looks like the Justice Department is FINALLY getting fed up with local PD antics with this latest murder:

Police tactics subject of broad review

WASHINGTON ?The Justice Department is leading a broad review of police tactics, including the kind of deadly force that prompted recent protests in Missouri and New York, a federal law enforcement official said Tuesday.

The review is being conducted as the department weighs creating a national commission to provide new direction on such controversial issues.

In addition to deadly force, the review is expected to examine law enforcement's increasing encounters with the mentally ill, the application of emerging technologies such as body cameras, and police agencies' expanding role in homeland security efforts since 9/11, said the official, who is not authorized to comment publicly and requested anonymity.

The review is slated to be completed early next year while authorities consider establishing a special law enforcement commission similar to a panel created by President Johnson to deal with problems then associated with rising crime.

Rather than violent crime, which has been in decline in much of the country, police are now grappling with persistent incidents involving use of force and their responses to an array of public safety issues, from drug overdoses to their dealings with the mentally ill and the emotionally disturbed.

The call for a broader federal policy review, while not directly tied to any specific incident, grew out of a meeting involving law enforcement advocacy groups and Justice officials, including Attorney General Eric Holder, the official said.

"Nobody has looked at the profession in any holistic way in more than 50 years,'' the official said.

Earlier this week, Holder announced that federal authorities were opening an inquiry into last week's fatal shooting death of a Missouri teenager by local police. Separately, Justice has been monitoring a local New York investigation into a 43-year-old man's death after being subdued by local police last month.

Both incidents have sparked volatile local reactions. The most tense are playing out in the suburbs of St. Louis, where for two nights police have clashed with demonstrators protesting the death of Michael Brown, who was fatally shot in an altercation with police.

"Aggressively pursuing investigations such as this is critical for preserving trust between law enforcement and the communities they serve,'' Holder said this week, announcing the FBI's deployment to the Brown shooting death.

The International Association of Chiefs of Police, the nation's largest group of local law enforcement officials, has long advocated for the revival of the Johnson administration commission to provide needed direction to an institution whose responsibilities have expanded markedly in the past half-century.

In 2010, then-IACP president Michael Carroll, while supporting a congressional push for such a panel, said police were "confronting a vast array of new challenges and demands that would have seemed unimaginable just a short time ago.'' Among those demands, he cited increasing police involvement in immigration matters, overburdened court systems and a "continuing need to ensure the protection of (citizens') civil rights and civil liberties.''

University of Pittsburgh law professor David Harris, who has written extensively on law enforcement matters, said a new commission could offer law enforcement "empirical evidence for a better way to do business.''

"There is no reason why we can't and shouldn't be able to learn from those who are doing things better to create the best practices for everybody,'' Harris said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...anel/13951033/

A college pal of mine is a videographer for KDSK, a StL channel. He's taking still pictures as well, and I think the pic of Michael's Mom is one of his. Ferguson is being portrayed by the right as the ghetto, but over the past 30 years had been full of small family businesses. My friend says there's a mixture of peaceful protests, and some crazy shit going down (tear gas last night moved the media far back). They've decided not to release the cop's name. Reports have ranged from shots fired in the car, to Michael's hands up and getting shot, to a scuffle for the gun. Cops in Ferguson are not faced with the...um... Crime as much as StL proper and E StL. Don has been on this story since it went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahric13 View Post
    A college pal of mine is a videographer for KDSK, a StL channel. He's taking still pictures as well, and I think the pic of Michael's Mom is one of his. Ferguson is being portrayed by the right as the ghetto, but over the past 30 years had been full of small family businesses. My friend says there's a mixture of peaceful protests, and some crazy shit going down (tear gas last night moved the media far back). They've decided not to release the cop's name. Reports have ranged from shots fired in the car, to Michael's hands up and getting shot, to a scuffle for the gun. Cops in Ferguson are not faced with the...um... Crime as much as StL proper and E StL. Don has been on this story since it went down.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the majority of people causing the problems with the protests are anarchists

They ruin everything. And most of them are privileged kids that like to play angry citizen for fun. They make the protesters that are there for the right reasons look bad. Anonymous announced their displeasure about it and those fuckers like to leech themselves on to them even though there's no association. I could be wrong. But then again I could be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I posted it already.

And yes, it's my new favorite thing.

I'm sorry Ron. I admit, I didn't read back. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I'm sorry Ron. I admit, I didn't read back. Sorry.
    THERE ARE 2 PAGES!!!!

And I thought I was bad.

HP Reporters Arrested In Ferguson Under Guise of "Protection"

The Huffington Post's Ryan J. Reilly and the Washington Post's Wesley Lowery were arrested Wednesday evening while covering the protests in Ferguson, Missouri after the death of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown, who was shot by a police officer last week. The journalists were released unharmed, but their detentions highlighted the town's ramped up police presence, which has left numerous residents injured by rubber bullets, pepper spray and tear gas during protests held every night after Brown's death.

SWAT officers roughed up the reporters inside a McDonald's, where both journalists were working. Reilly snapped a photo, prompting cops to request his identification.

"The officer in question, who I repeatedly later asked for his name, grabbed my things and shoved them into my bag," said Reilly, who appeared on MSNBC's "All In with Chris Hayes" shortly after his release to recount the arrest. "He used his finger to put a pressure point on my neck."

"They essentially acted as a military force. It was incredible," Reilly said. "The worst part was he slammed my head against the glass purposefully on the way out of McDonald's and then sarcastically apologized for it."

Reilly said it will be difficult to hold the officer "accountable for his actions," as the officer did not respond to Reilly's repeated requests for his name or other identification. He said he can't be "100 percent sure" whether the officer was aware that he's a reporter, "but that really shouldn't matter in this equation." Reilly believes he was arrested because he declined to present the officer his identification when asked for it, he said. See tweets from Reilly and Lowery below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5676829.html

The Huffington Post called the Ferguson Police Department to inquire about the status of Reilly shortly after tweets indicated that he had been arrested. The person who picked up the phone -- who identified himself as "George" -- said he couldn't give any information at this time and that there was no one who could do so. Asked for his last name, he mumbled something quickly. When pressed for the spelling of his name, he hung up. The Huffington Post called back and again asked for information on Reilly. We were simply put through to the "Ferguson jail" voicemail. On the third try, George again insisted he didn't have any information at this time and referred us to the city's website for email information. When again asked for his last name, George simply hung up.[/IMG]

A few hours earlier -

Wesley Lowery, a reporter for The Washington Post who has been reporting on the unrest in Ferguson, Mo., was*detained*Wednesday evening by police in Ferguson.

He and other reporters*were working in a McDonald’s in Ferguson when about half a dozen police officers came into the restaurant, Lowery said. Some officers were in regular uniforms, while others were dressed in riot gear and carrying assault weapons.

“It was tense,” Lowery said via telephone from the police station on Wednesday night. “I’ve been afraid several times while reporting on the ground here in Ferguson.”

Lowery has been reporting on the situation in the city outside St. Louis following the death of Michael Brown, who was shot and killed by police over the weekend.

Patrons working in the McDonald’s, which reporters had been using as a staging area near demonstrations, were ordered to leave, Lowery said. When the journalists said they were working members of the media, the police told them that was fine, but they couldn’t guarantee their safety.

Police then left and returned a short time later, Lowery said, this time demanding that the reporters leave. Lowery began filming a video on his phone while also using his other hand to pack up his things. An officer objected, Lowery said, but did not press the issue.

Lowery was directed to leave through one door, and then told to go through another, at which point his bag fell off of his shoulder.

“‘Okay, let’s take him,’” one of the officers said, according to Lowery.

Lowery said that at this point,*he was*slammed against a soda machine and plastic cuffs were placed on his wrists. He was*trying to make it clear he was not resisting arrest, but it did not appear the officers believed him.

“That*is probably the single point at which I’ve*been more afraid than at any point.” Lowery said after. “More afraid than the tear gas and rubber bullets, more afraid during the riot police. I*know of too many instances where someone who was not resisting arrest was assaulted or killed.”

Another journalist, Ryan Reilly of the Huffington Post, was also in the McDonald’s, arguing with a police officer, and was also handcuffed.

The two reporters were taken outside to a police van, where a man inside the van was complaining that he could not breathe and that the handcuffs were too tight. Lowery and Reilly*were then taken to the back of a police car, where they sat alongside a member of the clergy who had also been cuffed, Lowery said.

At this point, they were taken to a holding cell inside the Ferguson police station. News of their arrest quickly began spreading on social media, and the Ferguson police chief was alerted to their arrests by a reporter for the Los Angeles*Times. About a half an hour after arriving at the holding cell, they were told that all media members could leave without any charges being filed.

Lowery said he repeatedly asked for the name or badge number of the officers involved and was denied. He also said that he was given a case number by an officer and told a report would be available within two weeks.

“‘The chief thought he was doing you two a favor,’” the officer said, according to Lowery.

In a statement issued Wednesday night, Martin D. Baron, executive editor of The Washington Post, said “there was absolutely no justification for his arrest” and said the organization was*appalled by the conduct of the*officers involved.

Lowery was illegally instructed to stop taking video and followed police instructions, Baron said, after which he was slammed into a machine and handcuffed.

“That behavior was wholly unwarranted and an assault on the freedom of the press to cover the news,” Baron said. “The physical risk to Wesley himself is obvious and outrageous.”

The Ferguson Police Department did not respond immediately to a request for comment on Wednesday night.

Here is what Lowery said in his own words before and after his arrest:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...d-in-ferguson/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...eenager-killed

FERGUSON POLICE SHOOT SECOND MAN AS PROTESTS CONTINUE

A second man has been shot by police in the Missouri city where an unarmed black 18-year-old was shot dead last weekend, according to multiple reports. Police officials told local reporters that the man was shot in Ferguson by a St Louis County officer after pointing a handgun at him soon after 1am on Wednesday, following fresh demonstrations over the death on Saturday of Michael Brown. The officer was responding to reports of shots being fired and men wearing ski masks carrying shotguns. The man was in critical condition in hospital, a police spokesman told the St Louis Post-Dispatch, Fox 2 and KMOV, and his gun was recovered at the scene.

A woman was separately being treated in hospital after being shot in the head during a drive-by shooting in the city. The incidents followed the peaceful end earlier to a tense standoff between protesters and police, prompting hopes of avoiding a third night of violence. A raucous convoy of about 250 young demonstrators, marching along a main route into downtown Ferguson, was halted about 30 yards from a wall of police assembled at the entrance to the street where Brown was killed by a still-unidentified officer on Saturday. Officers in military-style uniforms, some carrying high-powered rifles and wearing balaclavas, formed a line at least two men deep and blocking the entire width of Florrisant Street, the main drag where angry protests over Brown's killing had flared for the previous two nights.

Pitched behind two large armoured trucks, they repeatedly warned the demonstrators through a Tannoy system to "get out of the road or face arrest" – the same warning delivered on Monday night before officers fired teargas, rubber bullets and wooden baton rounds into the crowds. But for 40 minutes, the protesters defied the threat. Some hung out of car windows, while others raised their arms aloft and repeated what has become their defining slogan: "Hands up, don't shoot." A police helicopter swooped around the dark sky above, shining a bright spotlight on the faces of the almost entirely African American crowd.

"Heavenly father, help us as we continue on this journey of justice," Rasheen Aldridge, a 20-year-old self-appointed leader of the group, told them through a megaphone. "The people behind us, they will do what they will do. Only you can judge us; only you can protect us." As the police declined to follow through with arrests, furious members of the crowd screamed obscenities at officers and urged them to "shoot those rubber bullets". But after 40 minutes in which it seemed that a repeat of Monday night's clashes would happen at any moment, the protesters abruptly melted away. Patricia Bynes, a Democratic committeewoman for Ferguson, who was observing the standoff nervously, said she hoped its resolution signalled an end to the violent clashes. "But there is definitely still an antagonism there," said Bynes.

In the early hours of Wednesday it was reported that a small skirmish had resulted in police again using teargas and a young woman being struck in the head with a projectile. Spookwrites, an Instagram user who had previously been covering the protests, posted a photograph of herself wearing a neck brace and showing cuts on her face. "We have a right to assemble, a right to freedom," said Paul Muhammad. "But here we are facing what looks like a military imposing martial law. It is not acceptable." The protesters had marched from a church more than a mile away, where earlier in the evening the Rev Al Sharpton, the veteran civil rights leader and TV host, appeared alongside Brown's parents to appeal for calm after two nights in which about 50 people were arrested.

Ferguson police refused on Tuesday to release the name of the officer who shot Brown in sharply disputed circumstances. While police say that Brown assaulted the officer during a struggle, witnesses said he was shot while trying to run away after being grabbed by the officer when he and a friend would not leave the road and walk on the pavement. For the previous three hours, the officers held their line while being approached by several people who gestured at them or aired complaints. One man, who refused to stop walking, promptly found his chest emblazoned with the red dot of a laser sight from an officer's gun. Lawanda Wallace, 40, got closer than anyone else to the stone-faced officers and accused them of racism. "It's just the same as 40 years ago," said Wallace. "When white people do it, it's an honest uprising; when black folks do it, it's rioting and looting." A series of cars, some of whose drivers seemed to be taunting the officers, also approached the police line. One man drove towards them at such speed, and stopped so short of hitting officers, that several people watching gasped and screamed in anticipation of a crash or a shooting to prevent one. As the man turned his car around and drove away, he poked his head out of his driver-side window and smiled. "I don't know what's up with them," he said of the police.

The Ferguson city police officer who shot Brown has not been named publicly, but has been placed on paid leave while the shooting is investigated by the separate St Louis county police department. The FBI is also looking into whether the incident caused civil rights violations. In a statement on Tuesday, Barack Obama described Brown's death as "heartbreaking". Noting the FBI investigation, the president appealed for calm. "I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions, but as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, Missouri, and across the country to remember this young man through reflection and understanding. We should comfort each other and talk with one another in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds." The official response to Brown's death has been rejected as insultingly inadequate by many African American residents of Ferguson, a city of about 21,000 people where 67% of the population is black, yet 94% of the police force – and prominent figures in local government, such as the mayor – are white.

Lol (not really). Thought I was seeing an article on some warzone somewhere. Nope. Just the local police looking after their fellow residents in Ferguson.

State Senator to Ferguson Police Chief "Am I going to be gassed again like I was on Monday"

Last edited by blighted star; 08-14-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Did we have this livestream yet? The comments are revolting, all 24,187 (&climbing by the second) of them. (probably being posted by Ferguson P.D)

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9...events/3271930

Arrested journalist's twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanjreilly

2nd arrested journo

https://mobile.twitter.com/WesleyLowery

This is supposed to be the Al Jazeera crew being gassed by police a few hours ago & having their equipment dismantled. They can't call it a mistake anymore. Journalists are being targeted & shut down one way or another. Even Fox if the stories are accurate

Preventing the next MH17

FAA Declares No-Fly Zone To 3,000ft in Ferguson After Police Claim Shots Fired At their Choppers

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_2599.html

Everything they're doing says they think they're at war.

Last edited by blighted star; 08-14-2014 at 04:03 AM.

Sorry for the multi-posting

PETITION LINK for those who are interested (which should be every living person - let this happen to someone else's friend/family member & one day it might be yours)

https://www.change.org/petitions/pre...and-misconduct

Petitioning President Barack Obama Please Enact New Federal Laws to Protect Citizens from Police Violence and Misconduct Shaun King Los Angeles 105,139 Supporters I love good police officers. I have them in my immediate family. Like all civil servants they are underpaid and under-resourced for a difficult job.

However, a long and completely avoidable history of violence by police officers has killed too many innocent civilians, caused a destructive level of mistrust in the community, and is causing a rising tide of anger, frustration, and despair among millions of good people.

This petition is for Amadou Diallo*- shot at 41 times. An innocent, hardworking man simply reaching for his wallet, Diallo should be alive today.

This petition is for Sean Bell*- shot at over 50 times and killed on his wedding day.*

This petition is for Oscar Grant*- handcuffed with his hands behind his back for breaking a fight on the subway - Oscar was shot in the back and killed by a police officer while sitting down.

This petition is for Chavis Carter*- arrested for marijuana, searched, handcuffed with his hands behind his back, and put into the back of a police car. Chavis is then said to have somehow killed himself with a gun.*

This petition is for Wendell Allen*- just 20 years old - police busted into a house and shot him in the heart - killing him. He wasn't who they were looking for.

This petition is for Eric Garner*- choked to death on YouTube for the entire world to see. While the coroner has deemed his death a homicide, we must change the laws to prevent this from ever happening again.

This petition is for Mike Brown - unarmed and shot to death in Ferguson, Missouri, we are still waiting for even the basic answers here.

This petition is for these men, and for many other unarmed men and women who have been killed by the police.*It is unacceptable for the police to serve as JUDGE, JURY, and EXECUTIONER.

*The recent murders of Eric Garner, Michael Brown and John Crawford this past month at the hands of police have so inflamed communities across the country that we believe we are reaching a tipping point of anger. It is our hope to channel this collective anger into effective policy solutions that will not only make life safer for citizens, but will restore confidence in police, and bring hope to hopeless families and communities devastated by these egregious acts of violence.

Our 5 Policy Solutions Are As Follows:

1. The shooting and killing of an unarmed citizen who does not have an outstanding warrant for a violent crime should be a federal offense.

2. Choke holds and chest compressions by police (what the coroner lists as the official cause of death for Eric Garner) should be federally banned.

3. All police officers must wear forward-facing body cameras while on duty. They cost just $99 and are having a signficant, positive impact in several cities around the United States and the world.

4. Suspensions for violations of any of the above offenses should be UNPAID.

5. Convictions for the above offenses should have their own set of mandatory minimum penalties.

The men who killed Diallo, Bell, Grant, Carter, Garner, and others all walk free while over 1,000,000 non violent offenders are currently incarcerated in American prisons. These federal actions are in the best interest of our country. We will direct our anger, our dollars, our votes, and our voice to seeing them happen all across the country.*

Tons of pictures at the link
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ael-Brown.html

I DO NOT believe in bringing kids to protest like these.

I didn't know if anybody posted this yet from Anonymous. At the first of the video, It shows Michael Brown's body on the ground. NSFW

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    America has turned into a racist joke. What used to be freedom is now mocked by those who think that a badge and a gun makes you untouchable. And now, thanks to the majority of the Supreme Court, this is truer than ever. I'm not a big fan of "law" when it comes into conflict with "the right thing(s) to do" (and no, I'm not talking about stringing the guilty up by their toenails and dipping them in hot tar...at least not yet). A police officers job has always been, and should always be, to protect the public at large. Black, white, Asian, Hispanic, mutts (those of us whose racial makeup is multiethnic)...everyone.

Fifteen police departments basically declared martial law on private citizens because police shot an unarmed kid. An unarmed kid who had every right not to be intimidated by law enforcement. There is no justification, ever, for a police officer to shoot someone whose hands are clearly empty and raised in a submissive manner as they've been instructed. None.

Used to be, people became police officers because they enjoyed helping others, solving problems, getting to know a community and serving that community faithfully to protect it. Sadly, even though that may be the case for many or even most of the LE officers today, what we see on television is in stark contrast to the "do gooders" that we used to associate with our image of police. These guys used to be superheroes among us. Now, thanks to so many good examples of bad examples, police are feared and not respected...and they earned every bit of that distrust, thanks to officers like these. What's even more sad is this: the kids in Ferguson now have to look to television to find images of "good cops", because the ones that they have are shining examples of the opposite. Nowadays they seem nothing more than a bunch of 'roid raging asshats waiting for the next big crime so they can showcase how small their dicks are by pulling out the big guns and intimidating children.

If I, as a paramedic, were to "deal with in my own way" everyone I knew was guilty of assault of another, drinking and driving that killed someone, or guilty of any other manner of criminal activity whom I had to treat in the back of an ambulance in the past 27 years, I'd be locked up and the key thrown away. But police (the ones without proper oversight in place) have had carte blanche for years to mow people down without cause, pepper spray peaceful protesters...it is as disgusting a time as any other in history where America was guilty of isolating and mistreating its own. And even worse - there are people here who believe that the police are acting appropriately.

To Michael Brown's family: I am so sorry for your loss. There was no justification for what happened to him. I hope that one day you may come to terms with what happened and find peace. I can't imagine how you must feel, but please know that you are not alone in your fight against the injustice that he suffered. He deserved better. We all do.

May he rest in peace.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Watch the vids at all the links. The gas canisters are being shot into residential streets. If you live there, it doesn't matter who you are, whether you were protesting or not. Even you stay out of it completely & keep your kids locked inside they're going to be in this if police visit your street.

I think a lot of the pix of kids are the first day or two before people realised they were going to fire on everyone. If you watch footage from yesterday & last night, I don't think you'll see many kids (I didn't see a single one, but there's a lot of footage out there & there's always idiots so it's possible).

Some stuff being tweeted

Tabitha Henderson ‏@tabithalou This what they not showing you on the media. These young men cleaning up after the riot.
    https://twitter.com/ndilettante/stat...414272/photo/1

ETA at one of the links I posted you can watch a 30 min vid of a sonic cannon being used on peaceful protesters with their hands in the air in a residential area last night (+ tear gas + rubber bullets) Guaranteed there were kids & babies in some of those homes
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-14-2014 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    America has turned into a racist joke. What used to be freedom is now mocked by those who think that a badge and a gun makes you untouchable. And now, thanks to the majority of the Supreme Court, this is truer than ever.

I'm sorry but really? I'm not saying thing are great. They are not. In fact situations like this one in Mo. suck. But... the police riot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_riot is nothing new, and I'd say that things are better now than they've ever been. Why? Well at least in part because just about every citizen is armed... not with a gun but with a camera. Cases of egregious misbehavior can be documented and investigated. This crap makes headlines and eventually the sunlight will clean things up. Not entirely, there will always be those who abuse their power, but things really are better than they were in my youth. There have always been good decent law officers and there've always been bullies with badges. Same as it ever was.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you're outraged, but understand it's an old, old problem.

Now I do agree that the fire power the cops seem all to eager to deploy is really over the top.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information