Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Brown, 18, Was Shot Dead By Police In St. Louis

Wait, did the Crone really think that was him?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Shit, all white people really do look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Who's posting those pics and are they really claiming they are of the cop? And where is all the posting going on? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Who's posting those pics and are they really claiming they are of the cop? And where is all the posting going on? Just curious.
    My guess is facebook. Because everything on facebook is true.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Conservatives think everyone is as stupid as they are.

A conservative website posted it and it got passed around. A couple weeks ago, Anne Coulter was holding up some random X Ray and claiming it was his. The right will do everything they can to prove they're right by being wrong.

Officer Wilson could come out and say "I made a mistake. I overreacted." And these idiots would still say the thug had it coming. I quit.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 09-05-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Those idiots want SO BADLY for it to be true that Michael attacked McNeil that they'll make up anything and the other idiots just gobble it up. So gross. I try to stay away from shit like that on facebook and pretend those types of people aren't sharing the same air I breathe.

Thanks. That's why I stay right here at MDS and try to stay away from the rumor mills. The conservative gun nuts, religious right, and the whole conservative law and order bullshit is plenty of reason not to even watch the news.

Darren Wilson could come out and say "I ain't scared of no niggers! I hunt niggers! Blam blam! BLAMMM." And then do the Yosemite Sam dance, and people would still defend him and call Michael Brown a thug, because racist.

Lol. I came here to post this & ask who the fuck this Chuck Cunt Johnson is, but I see he already made it into the thread

https://news.vice.com/article/court-...e-point-anyway

I saw a few of his tweets last week through the guy I linked in my last post. What a prick

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/09/...nce-video.html

Ferguson police chief Tom Jackson was caught in a huge lie on Friday when it was revealed that he did not get ?a lot of Freedom of Information requests? for a surveillance video from a local store the day 18-year-old Michael Brown was shot and killed by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson. On Aug. 15th, Jackson finally released Wilson?s identity after keeping it hidden for nearly a week.

However, at the same press conference, Jackson also released still photos and a video from a ?strong-arm robbery? that occurred at Ferguson Market minutes before Brown was confronted and killed by Wilson on August 9th. When pressed for a reason he released both Wilson?s identity and this video at the exact same time, Jackson stated that he had received numerous media requests for the specific information related to the apparent robbery of the store. However, Matthew Keys, who writes for The Blot, confirmed on Friday that the Ferguson Police Department had not received any specific FOIA requests relating to a robbery involving Brown.

In fact, the only request they got related to Brown stemmed from a general request from Joel Currier, a crime and police reporter for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. After Keys article had come*out on Friday, the Huffington Post?s Matt Sledge asked Currier on Twitter the specific nature of Currier?s request to the police department regarding Brown. Currier responded to Sledge with the following tweets.

As Keys pointed out in his article, Currier was the only one who made a specific request to Ferguson PD, and his request was actually quite broad and encompassing. Other pieces of information that could have been included per Currier?s request (911 call, dispatch reports, incident report) have still not been released. Instead, Jackson decided to release a tape of an alleged robbery that he admitted later had nothing to do with the encounter between Wilson and Brown.

The police chief himself has stated that Wilson only confronted Brown over jaywalking and was not aware of any apparent robbery that had been committed minutes earlier. Jackson?s release of the tape reignited tension in the community and led to a renewed outburst of violence and looting that evening. After a day and evening filled with peaceful protests that Thursday, anger and frustration with local police swelled back up on Friday after Jackson?s press conference and subsequent statements.

Eventually, the police force on the scene, commanded by Capt. Ron Johnson of the Missouri Highway Patrol, resorted back to the militarized tactics that brought heavy criticism in the days immediately following Brown?s death. In my personal opinion, I think Jackson released the tape for petty and personal reasons. After he and St. Louis County police chief Jon Belmar had been*roundly criticized for their excessive use of police force in dealing with protesters, Missouri Governor Jay Nixon removed them from command in Ferguson and placed Johnson at the helm.

Johnson then bonded with the protesters as he walked with them as they marched and spoke with them personally. He also took a ?soft? approach, asking his officers to not wear tactical gear and basically allow protesters to gather peacefully and make their voices heard. This obviously rubbed Jackson the wrong way. Therefore, he decided to antagonize and incite the community by releasing the store tape the same time as Wilson?s name. He knew this would eventually cause anger to spill over and force Johnson to eventually change tactics. While Johnson allowed looting to take place on Friday without sending in a heavy police presence, eventually he pushed for a curfew and allowed the officers on the scene to utilize SWAT gear and the military-style vehicles and weapons that had been heavily criticized.

Beyond setting up Johnson to fail, Jackson also likely released the tape to provide further cover for Wilson. He knew that releasing Wilson?s name was going to be a huge story. Therefore, he wanted to do whatever possible to distract and redirect the focus away from Wilson. Jackson?s big idea was to go ahead and use his national spotlight to portray Brown as a vicious thug and make that the story. All of a sudden, the media would write about a supposed robbery and push Wilson and his identity to the side.

Not sure how legit this guy is. He's speaking up a little later than most witnesses

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...cee622c29.html

Workers Who Were Witnesses Provide New Perspective On Shooting

17 hours ago

Among the claims that ignited the fury over the fatal shooting of Michael Brown were that Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson chased the unarmed teen on foot, shot at him as he ran away, then fired a barrage of fatal shots after Brown had turned around with his hands up. Almost all of the witnesses who shared these accounts with media either knew Brown; lived at or near the Canfield Green apartments, where the shooting occurred; or were visiting friends or relatives there. But there were two outsiders who happened to be working outside at the apartment complex on Aug. 9 ? two men from a company in Jefferson County ? who heard a single gunshot, looked up from their work and witnessed the shooting. Both have given their statements to the St. Louis County police and the FBI.

One of the men agreed to share his account with a Post-Dispatch reporter on the condition that his name and employer not be used. The worker, who has not previously spoken with reporters, said he did not see what happened at the officer?s car ? where Wilson and Brown engaged in an initial struggle and a shot was fired from Wilson?s gun. His account largely matches those who reported that Wilson chased Brown on foot away from the car after the initial gunshot and fired at least one more shot in the direction of Brown as he was fleeing; that Brown stopped, turned around and put his hands up; and that the officer killed Brown in a barrage of gunfire.

But his account does little to clarify perhaps the most critical moment of the confrontation, on which members of the grand jury in St. Louis County may focus to determine whether the officer was justified in using lethal force: whether Brown moved toward Wilson just before the fatal shots, and if he did, how aggressively. At least one witness has said Brown was not moving. Others didn?t mention him moving, while still others have said he was heading toward Wilson. There is no way to determine how many witnesses have spoken to law enforcement without making public statements.

The worker acknowledged that his account could be valuable to the case because he did not know either Brown or Wilson and had no ties to Ferguson. The worker said he saw Brown on Aug. 9 about 11 a.m. as Brown was walking west on Canfield Drive, toward West Florissant Avenue. He said Brown struck up a rambling, half-hour conversation with his co-worker. The co-worker could not be reached for comment through his employer. He previously told KTVI (Channel 2) that he had uttered a profanity in frustration after hitting a tree root while digging. Brown heard him and stopped to talk. Brown ?told me he was feeling some bad vibes,? the co-worker told KTVI in a video that aired Aug. 12. ?That the Lord Jesus Christ would help me through that as long as I didn?t get all angry at what I was doing.?

The worker interviewed by the Post-Dispatch said he paid attention to little of the conversation. He said he heard Brown tell his co-worker that he had a picture of Jesus on his wall; and the co-worker joked that the devil had a picture of him on the wall. The co-worker told KTVI that Brown promised to come back and resume their conversation; Brown walked away, and the workers returned to their job. About a half-hour later, the worker heard a gunshot. Then he saw Brown running away from a police car. Wilson trailed about 10 to 15 feet behind, gun in hand. About 90 feet away from the car, the worker said, Wilson fired another shot at Brown, whose back was turned.

The worker said Brown stumbled and then stopped, put his hands up, turned around and said, ?OK, OK, OK, OK, OK.? He said he told investigators from the St. Louis County police and the FBI that because of the stumble, it seemed to him that Brown had been wounded. A private autopsy showed that all but one of his gunshot wounds came while Brown was facing Wilson. Shawn L. Parcells, who participated in the autopsy, said one of the wounds to the arm could have occurred when Brown was facing away from Wilson. ?It?s inconclusive,? he said.

St. Louis County and federal autopsy results have not been released. Wilson, gun drawn, also stopped about 10 feet in front of Brown, the worker said. Then Brown moved, the worker said. ?He?s kind of walking back toward the cop.? He said Brown?s hands were still up. Wilson began backing up as he fired, the worker said.

After the third shot, Brown?s hands started going down, and he moved about 25 feet toward Wilson, who kept backing away and firing. The worker said he could not tell from where he watched ? about 50 feet away ? if Brown?s motion toward Wilson after the shots was ?a stumble to the ground? or ?OK, I?m going to get you, you?re already shooting me.? Among people who have spoken to the media, there hasn?t been a clear consensus on what happened after Brown turned around.

(snipped, long article - cont'd at link)

If I saw something, I wouldn't know what to do or who to go to, but I would know one thing: I'M NOT GOING TO THE FERGUSON POLICE DEPARTMENT.

Not saying I automatically believe the new witness, but I seriously don't see anything suspect about going to the media first, or about not coming forward immediately.

If I saw something, I wouldn't know what to do or who to go to, but I would know one thing: I'M NOT GOING TO THE FERGUSON POLICE DEPARTMENT.

Not saying I automatically believe the new witness, but I seriously don't see anything suspect about going to the media first, or about not coming forward immediately.
    True. Conservative sites are going nuts trying to i.d the work vehicles in some of the footage. Apparently one peels out pretty early on in the recordings. At this stage some are claiming disonesty based on the work the guy said he was doing (something to do with a tree) & the equipment in the back of the truck (pipes/plumbing rather than tree lopper equipment). Seems a little desperate. Even they agree there is a work vehicle that leaves the scene after the shooting.

yup. i would probably try to take it to an independent media source first. i've had the paper misuse my words before. these days you can always go straight to youtube.

He previously told KTVI (Channel 2) that he had uttered a profanity in frustration after hitting a tree root while digging. Brown heard him and stopped to talk. Brown ?told me he was feeling some bad vibes,? the co-worker told KTVI in a video that aired Aug. 12. ?That the Lord Jesus Christ would help me through that as long as I didn?t get all angry at what I was doing.?
    any conversation that begins like this, i would classify as rambling nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide

All of the eyewitnesses, many of whom did not know Mike Brown or each other, have all told a consistent version of what happened
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Is something happening in Ferguson? Twitter's blowing up about "negative police actions today" & warnings about tonight.

Also, not sure anyone noticed the Ferguson Police Chief's sudden & dramatic change in tone & action following the hiring of a PR firm, but I'm sure it hasn't helped any. Sooooo fake. Now everyone KNOWS he's willing to lie to the public.

ETA this just happened, maybe being told "No" has triggered some shit

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mic...wilson-n212956

The U.S. Justice Department scolded the Ferguson, Missouri, police chief Friday for letting law enforcement officers obscure their names on their badges and wear bracelets honoring Darren Wilson, the Ferguson cop who shot and killed teenager Michael Brown. In a letter to Chief Thomas Jackson, the Justice Department said residents had provided photos of law enforcement officers "wearing 'I am Darren Wilson' bracelets while in uniform and on duty," a reference to the Ferguson officer who is under grand jury investigation in the Aug. 9 killing of Brown that set off several days of violent clashes.

It said residents had also complained that some officers were wearing black tape over their name plates, apparently to protect their own identities — which the Justice Department said violated the police department's own policies. The letter said it wasn't clear which agencies the officers worked for, but it said Jackson was responsible because "the actions ofother police officers while in Ferguson can impact your community as much as the actions of your own officers" by reinforcing "the very 'us versus them' mentality that many residents of Ferguson believe exists."

ETA again

I've been following investigation updates, but not the protest situation.

Things are moving quickly this week

The first pic is the Michael Brown memorial which has been there since the first day. The 2nd is the same memorial 4 days ago

(wish they'd photographed at the same angle as the first to make it easier to verify)

This is is one of the current Livestream's. From what I gather there's been a picket running 45 days on the grounds of a Ferguson business. Protesters say the business owners have been intimidated by police into asking protesters to leave the site. Now that the business owners have made a public request, police have legal authority to arrest - something they previously lacked as protesters were on a private lot. (there's a bunch of other stuff we missed too -' like the Ferguson police chief deciding to "march" with protesters, possibly on the advice of his brilliant PR team. Went well

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9...events/3424523
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-26-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Thanks for the update Blighted. The police can kill Black, Brown and poor people without impunity. They're the biggest gang of thugs in this country. As the wife, Mother, sister, aunt, niece, and cousin of Black men, I fear the police killing them before I fear thugs. I can avoid thugs, but it's hard to avoid that legalized gang of thugs. I hope justice will prevail, however, I don't think the officer will be arrested. Even if he is, I doubt that he would be convicted.

Thread Information