Thread: Who Was Jemima Ann King? Unidentified Woman Using False Identity Found Dead In Sydney Park

Who Was Jemima Ann King? Unidentified Woman Using False Identity Found Dead In Sydney Park

NSW Police Force
    Police are appealing for the public?s help to identify a woman whose body was found in a Sydney park earlier this year.

On Saturday 15 February, a member of the public located the woman?s body in Willis Park at Middle Cove.

A post mortem established her death was not suspicious but extensive inquiries, including forensic processes, have been unable to determine her identity.

Police have been able to establish the woman used the name of Jemima Ann King in Queensland in 2002 but they don?t believe that was her real identity.

Officers from North Shore Local Area Command have exhausted all investigative avenues to identify her and have today released a photo of the woman which was taken in 2002.

They believe she lived in both New South Wales and Queensland.

She is described as being of Caucasian appearance, aged between 35 and 50 years, 155 to 160cm tall, thin build and brown hair with yellow streaks.

https://m.facebook.com/nswpoliceforc...616185/?type=1

There has to be someone somewhere who remembers those earlobes! They are quite ... ummmm ... distinctive.

I don't know, have you ever seen this story?

Websleuths threads on the Lori Ruff case
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-and-Theories*

Jemima King might turn out to be the Australian version. (sorry about the rabbit hole you're about to fall down)

An article on the similar U.S case of Lori Ruff (there are hundreds of pages at the WS link, this is a condensed version for anyone who doesn't have hours to spare)
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1383957

SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION The true identitiy of Lori Erica Ruff, a woman known as Jane Doe to investigators, has continued to remain a mystery to her husband and family nearly three years after she took her own life in 2010. Nearly three years after a heartbroken Texas man buried his wife and the mother of his little girl, he still doesn't know exactly who she was.

Such is the mystery of Lori Erica Ruff, a woman who managed to fool everyone, including federal and private investigators, about her true identity before committing suicide, taking her twisted secrets to the grave. To her husband, the tall, slender brunette was Lori Kennedy, a woman born in Arizona who had a rough childhood and didn't want to discuss her past. To anyone else who knew her before, she was Becky Sue Turner. Both names are false.<<snipped>>
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-04-2014 at 09:30 PM. Reason: article on similar U.S case snipped & pic removed due to confusing similarities

Found a bit more

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/appeal-to-...04-100apc.html

She was living in a cave on Sydney's leafy north shore when she died, her few possessions scattered about her - a pillow, a blanket, three plastic containers. Residents of the affluent harbour suburb of Middle Cove knew her face - she was often seen walking nearby streets - but no one knew her name. A photo taken in 2002 of the woman police have been unable to identify.

"She's obviously the daughter of someone," the officer in charge of the case, Constable Andrew Schepis, said. "Perhaps there were some family issues that caused them to become disconnected - we're unsure."* A passer-by stumbled on the woman's body in February, in an area of dense bushland in Willis Park. Police believe she died as a consequence of being homeless.

Witnesses told police the woman had been living in the cave for six or seven years. "She was well-known to residents as she routinely walked Eastern Valley Way,"**Constable Schepis said. "We've checked out most homeless refuges, she's not known to them - which to us is very odd." She also has no record with NSW Police and is unknown to the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

Constable Schepis said that after extensive inquiries, including forensic tests, police had been unable to identify her. They believe she also lived in Queensland at some point. The woman gave Queensland police the name Jemima Ann King in 2002 but investigators have since confirmed that was not her real identity. The results of an autopsy are incomplete but her death is not being treated as suspicious. The woman is described as being of Caucasian appearance, aged between 35 and 50, 155cm to 160cm tall, with a thin build and brown hair with yellow streaks. Anyone with relevant information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000

Middle Cove, Sydney Harbor

It's an unusual choice for a homeless person from Queensland. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more affluent, leafy area. I wonder if she lived there when she was younger.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-04-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Blighted, can you do us a favor? I think it's great that you are an encyclopedia of knowledge, but when a thread is about one person, can you simply post a link to the other story it reminds you of instead of the whole article or else I know that I get completely confused and bewildered and lost trying to figure out who the thread is actually about and what we are discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Blighted, can you do us a favor? I think it's great that you are an encyclopedia of knowledge, but when a thread is about one person, can you simply post a link to the other story it reminds you of instead of the whole article or else I know that I get completely confused and bewildered and lost trying to figure out who the thread is actually about and what we are discussing.
    Sorry!! Will do. I try not to do it too often, it's just when you go into older threads a lot are unreadable now because the links are dead & all the other online articles have archived. The one I linked here probably won't ever have that problem unless websleuths crashes completely though, so point taken.

I knew she reminded me of someone. Rosaleen Norton came to mind instantly but I brushed it off. It was bugging me so I googled some old pix - check out the ears

Rosaleen Norton was known as "The Witch of King's Cross". She was a well known artist in Sydney with strong links to Sydney's leafy North Shore suburbs. I wonder if "Jemima" was a relative. It's a long shot, but those ears??

Info on Rosaleen
    http://physicsroom.org.nz/archive/lo...ive/10/norton/
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-05-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Blighted - can you read PMs yet? I know you had some issues before?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I don't know, have you ever seen this story?

Websleuths threads on the Lori Ruff case
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-and-Theories*
    Jemima King might turn out to be the Australian version. (sorry about the rabbit hole you're about to fall down)

An article on the similar U.S case of Lori Ruff (there are hundreds of pages at the WS link, this is a condensed version for anyone who doesn't have hours to spare)
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1383957
    Ahhhh, I read about the Lori Ruff case a few years ago and was fascinated. I hope they identify who she really was and what prompted her to create a new identity and then suicide.

Thread Information