Thread: Tain Tseng, 12, Died When He Was Sucked Into A Pipe At A Water Park

Tain Tseng, 12, Died When He Was Sucked Into A Pipe At A Water Park

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...sucked-3920791

A tragic schoolboy died after being sucked into a drainage pipe while on holiday at a water park swimming pool.

Tain Tseng, 12, was playing around in a swimming pool at the water park at the Qinlong Hot Spring Hotel in Xi?an, China, when he suddenly disappeared.

The youth was enjoying his last day of holiday but after he vanished, his frantic family came to a tragic conclusion.

His father Kung, 43, said: ?I noticed he wasn't there and I instantly suspected the worst. Straight away I told staff that I thought maybe he had been sucked into the pipe but they insisted that that was nonsense and it was impossible.?

But when staff checked they found the boy's body inside the hole and had to drain the pool in order to gain access to the two metre deep pipe.

Children have died after being sucked into drainage pipes at Chinese swimming pools before, but after the latest incident the story was shared thousands of times on Weibo, the Chinese version of Facebook.

Most commentators repeated the complaint it was incredible in public baths that there were large holes not covered swimming pool drain

http://www.ecns.cn/2014/07-24/125947.shtml
    Safety inspections are being carried out at swimming pools in Xi'an, Shaanxi province, after a boy drowned at a water playground.

The 12-year-old was at a spa hotel in the city's Chang'an district with his mother on Sunday when he was sucked into a water circulation pipe.

The monthlong series of checks will focus on pool facilities, the qualifications of lifeguards and management structures, said Wang Qingchuan, deputy director of the city's administrative bureau of sports.

The operation will be carried out jointly with the health and public security departments.

"Children like to play in pools during the summer vacation in the hot weather, so we should further strengthen our efforts to ensure safety and reduce the risk of drowning," said Wang.

After Sunday's fatal accident, a team made up of staff from eight government departments inspected the privately owned hotel, and the pool was closed.

Wang Hongqi, deputy director of the Chang'an district safety supervision bureau, said he could not discuss the investigation as it is continuing.

Li Yadong, a lawyer representing the hotel, said the water playground had opened on May 1 and was still in a trial period when the tragedy happened.

"The water circulation system was designed and built by a company in Guangdong province, and its manager is in Xi'an to help the investigation," Li added. "We are responsible for the accident."

He said the hotel had reached an agreement with the victim's family over compensation but declined to give details.

The pipe in which the boy died is 33 cm in diameter and has no protective grille. It is connected to a pump that supplies a waterfall at the top of a six-meter high rockery.

Xi'an has been experiencing a heatwave over the past few weeks with temperatures reaching 38 C, and many people have been cooling off in water.

Between July 1 and 22 Xi'an's emergency center received 23 reports of drownings, and on Tuesday three people died in a river in the city's eastern suburb.

The sports bureau has urged residents to swim only in well-run pools with lifeguards and proper safety procedures

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Holy crap! How could they think having that system in place would be safe? Poor kid. It's simple, put a grill over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Fuckin China.

"A tragic schoolboy"?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    "A tragic schoolboy"?
    Sounds like a bad Halloween costume.

Or pedo dress up fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Thread Information