Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: April Millsap (14) texted "OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped" to her boyfriend just before she was abducted and murdered

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    New article. I snipped some. Updated On: Aug 22 2014 11:46:03 PM EDThttp://www.clickondetroit.com/news/a...lling/27685144

New clues are emerging that reveal 14-year-old April Millsap's murderer first was trying to sexually assault her

When police arrived at her body they found her pants pulled down and her top lifted up. There was dirt under her fingernails, signaling she struggled with her attacker.

April's chest and neck had marks. The lower part of her body appeared unharmed, but because clothing was removed a rape kit was used to help investigators determine if she had been raped. Police will not comment on the rape test kit or potential findings from it. The medical examiner confirms the testing was done and any potential evidence was handed over to detectives.
    This directly falls in line with what you were saying. The initial reports said that April was NOT sexually assaulted. Well Duh, this says she was! That does change things dramatically. Why would they not tell the truth about it? Not releasing information is one thing, but flat out lying is another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

FTR, in reference to the comment above, the article that Berm posted does not say that April was sexually assaulted. It says there was an attempted sexual assault. So, if it is true that the perp tried but did not succeed, then LE is not "lying."

Perhaps the dog started going crazy, or the perp heard people approaching ... or maybe April just fought back more than expected, and he was unable to accomplish what he was trying to do.

Either way, it is common for LE to withhold information or tell "half-truths" (and yes, even lie sometimes) in order to not jeopardize an ongoing investigation. It is their job to catch a murderer, not satisfy the curiosity of people discussing the case on the internet.

Anyway, here's a new article:

http://www.wxyz.com/news/sources-say...-swimming-pool

Sources: Property of April Millsap found in Armada search

(Sept. 16, 2014) (WXYZ) - 7 Action News has learned from sources close to the April Millsap murder investigation, that items belonging to the teen were found during a search of a swimming pool and nearby brush in Armada.

The pool was drained by firefighters last night, so investigators could search for evidence.

Items were seen being taken out of the pool. However, sources tell Action News, the Millsap items specifically, were found in the brush nearby.

A person of interest in the case, James VanCallis Jr. has been identified, and is in custody on other charges.

However, authorities have not had the physical evidence needed to wrap up the case and make an arrest.

The 7 Action News Investigators were first to report a few weeks ago, that police wanted to search the former childhood property of VanCallis, Jr., in an effort to look for clues. This was the first sign, the case was far from being closed.

The Investigators reported exclusively on the Goodells man and his extensive ties to Armada. The farm he grew up on is not far from the trail where April Millsap's body was found. And his son was classmates with Millsap.

The Investigators were first to report exclusively, April's cell phone was found on a property bordering Omo lake, and not far from the VanCallis childhood home.

Investigators have centered their searches in that area, as it is believed the killer likely dumped items during his getaway.

Millsap's body was found in a wooded area of Armada on July 24. Police say she was taking her dog for a walk and never returned home. s urged to call police at 877-616-4677. Tips may also be submitted online at www.michigan.gov/michtip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This directly falls in line with what you were saying. The initial reports said that April was NOT sexually assaulted. Well Duh, this says she was! That does change things dramatically. Why would they not tell the truth about it? Not releasing information is one thing, but flat out lying is another.
    No, it says there was an attempt.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...rest/16078323/

Lawyer: Client likely to be charged in Armada killing

(Sept. 22, 2014) Port Huron -- The attorney for a 32-year-old man police call "a person of interest" in the murder of an Armada teen said Monday he expects charges soon will be filed against his client.

"It is purely speculative on my part; however, it has been a very long time and we feel that the investigation is coming to an end," said Dean Ankouny, attorney for James Donald VanCallis.

In August police highlighted their interest in VanCallis in the investigation of the July murder of 14-year-old April Millsap.

"Although Mr. VanCallis maintains he had nothing to do with the murder, if charges were to come down this week, that would not be surprising," said Ankouny.

Ankouny added that most of the investigation was completed last week.

VanCallis, along with his father, James Bernard VanCallis, 66, appeared in St. Clair County District Court Monday on charges related to a pot-growing operation at their home in Goodells in St. Clair County.

Ankouny represents both men and said they face charges for failing to be in full compliance with Michigan's medical marijuana law.

"We are still actively involved in the investigation and we are hoping to bring it to closure," said Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw.

Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith added, "If and when the police present us with a warrant, we will move forward at that time."

Ankouny said both of the VanCallis men had valid medical marijuana cards at the time of the first search of their home and their arrest. While the senior VanCallis is out on $75,000 bond, his son is still in custody with a $75,000 bond. They are scheduled to appear in court for pretrial at the St. Clair County Courthouse at 1:30 p.m. Oct. 20.

April's body was found in a ditch along the Macomb Orchard Trail in July. She died of blunt head trauma and asphyxia due to neck compression, according to a death certificate issued by the Macomb County Medical Examiner's Office.

State police have sought information on a motorcycle that may have been in the area at the time. Authorities also have released a composite sketch of a male with sandy-brown or reddish hair.

Shaw has said the teen's family and her boyfriend aren't considered suspects in her death.
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    sketch of the suspect.

?We are pretty confident that we are zeroing in on the person who did this and the person knows that as well,? Shaw said.

Investigators continue to speak with April?s family and her boyfriend, but they are not considered suspects.

In addition, police say they no longer are looking for a gray van that had been reported to be in the area on the night of the slaying. But they do want to locate a man who was riding a small, dark-colored motorcycle that may have been riding on the trail.

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-n...illsaps-killer
    https://www.facebook.com/james.vancallis?fref=ts

Wow.

My issue is that they've released no information directly related to why they think this person is a suspect. Usually when they have concrete evidence, they release it. they'll say "we found her clothes at his house" ...or something along those lines. Fuck, first they thought they were looking for a van and now they're looking for a motorcycle.

So far all I'm seeing this guy being guilty of is having sandy brown hair and growing pot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Shins wins -

Charges Not Imminent

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/maco...illsaps-murder

i guess it's time for that guy to change lawyers. since when do attorneys tell the world they are expecting charges to be filed against their client when it's absolutely not true? ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

i guess it's time for that guy to change lawyers. since when do attorneys tell the world they are expecting charges to be filed against their client when it's absolutely not true? ffs.
    When your client has been broadcasted as an alleged murderer of a young girl through all local media.

But all kidding aside, yeah he's a horrible lawyer.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I've said it all along. I STILL think it's the boyfriend. That's just me.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

This poor family all the way around...

Unless the lawyer is trying to show everybody that the police have NOTHING on his client. That basically forced the chief to come out and say it was a rumor...and they didn't have enough.
    Smith said he is optimistic the task force’s work will pay off. He denied recent television news reports that indicated an arrest warrant had been sought from the Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office only to be told additional evidence was needed.

“That absolutely was a rumor,” he said. “There was never any warrant request. When we do submit our warrant request, it will be a solid one.” Smith said the collaboration of law enforcement agencies has been enormously helpful to the Armada police force in providing resources. “This is not a cold case, it never was a cold case,” he said..http://www.voicenews.com/articles/20...txt?viewmode=2
    I'm not saying this guy is a saint, or even innocent, but like Shins....I also haven't read anything that makes me believe he "did it" or that there is any valid reason for this guy to still be in jail.
    This is what he is in jail for

WXYZ reports that VanCallis Jr. is facing one charge of delivering weed and another of maintaining a drug house. Police found 52 marijuana plants in his house. He has medical marijuana license but that limits him to 36 plants.
    Personally, I think the cops are nick picking the charges. If I remember correctly, the dad also had a marijuana license. So technically, wouldn't they be allowed a combined 72 plants? (maybe it doesn't work that way...IDK)

Moving this over from the Hannah Graham thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    I agree, and I don't ever want an innocent person to get dragged through the mud. But surely LE had some reason to be searching the home when they found the pot plants. The warrant was related the murder investigation, and they just happened to find the pot, right? (And they granted that dude bond, so I don't know why he's still sitting in jail.)

Hopefully we'll learn more soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    O/T again, the dad is an RSO & lives/lived at the son's home so that might be how LE ended up there to begin with

That's what I thought, too, until I realized how far the VanCallis home is from the murder scene. At first, I thought it was very close. But after looking at a map, it looks like it's about 25 or 30 miles away? Maybe Shins knows since that is her neck of the woods.

The distance makes me think there was something that pointed LE in that direction other than just the RSO.

Moving this over from the Hannah Graham thread:

That's what I thought, too, until I realized how far the VanCallis home is from the murder scene. At first, I thought it was very close. But after looking at a map, it looks like it's about 25 or 30 miles away? Maybe Shins knows since that is her neck of the woods.

The distance makes me think there was something that pointed LE in that direction other than just the RSO.
    Ahh. Could just be me assuming Australian investigation methods are the same everywhere then. Down here if they had no particular clue who they were looking for but had evidence it was a particular type of crime, ie sexual assault, they'd start checking up on known S.O's in the area & then cast it wider & wider if everyone was being cleared. So I just assumed they were doing a standard check & came across the son's dope plants as a result (awful lot of assuming going on basically)

ETA just converted 30 miles to km - yep ok that's nearly 50k's!

If it's that far WTF??
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-02-2014 at 09:07 AM.

30 miles isn't that far. where i live, 20 miles is a trip to the market. not really, but we have 3 (5 if you count barstow and lucerne) cities that are spread out but isolated from the rest of california, so it is not uncommon to drive 20-30 miles to get things done in another part of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Ahh. Could just be me assuming Australian investigation methods are the same everywhere then. Down here if they had no particular clue who they were looking for but had evidence it was a particular type of crime, ie sexual assault, they'd start checking up on known S.O's in the area & then cast it wider & wider if everyone was being cleared. So I just assumed they were doing a standard check & came across the son's dope plants as a result (awful lot of assuming going on basically)

ETA just converted 30 miles to km - yep ok that's nearly 50k's!

If it's that far WTF??

I guess we don't have much to go on at this point besides assumptions and speculation. I'm assuming the police aren't targeting an innocent man here, but I have absolutely nothing solid on which to base that, haha.

I still think there's a chance Junior didn't harm April but might have helped someone else try to cover it up. But I really do think he's involved.

30 miles isn't that far. where i live, 20 miles is a trip to the market. not really, but we have 3 (5 if you count barstow and lucerne) cities that are spread out but isolated from the rest of california, so it is not uncommon to drive 20-30 miles to get things done in another part of the area.

(Ok, I checked, and it's exactly 25 miles from the VanCallis home to the intersection close to where April was found.)

It's not that 25 miles is a huge distance, but could the police ask a judge for a search warrant based only on "there's a RSO living there and a girl was murdered 25 miles away"? I genuinely don't know, but I would hope not!

Also, the fact that the household member who was named a person of interest is not the RSO ... that's a bit of a head-scratcher to me.

it sounds like that's what they do where blighted lives... there are so many rsos in my area that it would take them years to check everyone out

thank god they don't do that in the usa, not that i am pleased with the number of sex offenders, but i would hate it if they could pull anyone in and search them for no other reason than, 'well, he IS a criminal.'

I made a side-by-side of the sketch and Junior's inmate photo ... because I have a million things I need be doing around the house and yard, but instead I'm fucking around on here.

Ha. The sketch has a unibrow.

I made a side-by-side of the sketch and Junior's inmate photo ... because I have a million things I need be doing around the house and yard, but instead I'm fucking around on here.

now, this is an accurate sketch. animosity approved.

now, this is an accurate sketch. animosity approved.
    Racist.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26...millsap-murder

Press conference at 1 p.m.

Charges expected to be announced in Millsap murder case

(Oct. 8, 2014) A four-count warrant has been issued in the case of the Armada murder of April Millsap, Michigan State Police confirm to Fox 2.

The Macomb County Prosecutor's Office says it will hold a news conference at 1 p.m. in Mount Clemens.

Millsap left home to walk her dog on the Macomb Orchard Trail July 24 when she was attacked, beaten and choked to death. Her dog stayed with her until she was spotted by joggers.

Sources tell Fox 2's Erika Erickson James VanCallis will be charged with Millsap's murder.

VanCallis, 32, is still behind bars in St. Clair County for drug charges and has not been charged with or in connection with the young girl's death.

His home in Goodells has been searched twice. It is not far from where Millsap's body was found.

This is a breaking news update. Stay with Fox 2 News for more updates on this developing story.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/m...death/29008910
    Man charged with murder in Armada teen's death

ARMADA, Mich. -
    Murder charges have been filed against a man accused of killing 14-year-old April Millsap as she walked her dog on a trail in Armada.

Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith said Wednesday that James Donald Vancallis Jr. is facing charges of first-degree murder, felony murder and assault with intent to commit sexual contact.

The murder charges are punishable with up to life in prison.

"As the investigation progressed and intensified, the evidence led in only one direction. And that’s to James Vancallis," Smith said. "My office intends to present physical, electronic and eyewitness testimony and evidence placing Vancallis at the scene of the murder with the victim at the time of the murder.”

Millsap's parents were at the charging announcement, but did not speak.

Vancallis, who is in custody on unrelated drug charges, had been the only person of interest named by police in Millsap's slaying.

Joggers found Millsap's body July 24 in a drainage ditch along the Macomb Orchard Trail, hours after she had disappeared while walking her dog. She had been beaten and strangled.

"It’s very emotional. It’s just something we were waiting to hear," said Millsap's grandfather, Dennis Levans.
    I'm very eager to see all of this evidence.

He pleaded not guilty this morning.

This article is from yesterday:

http://www.wxyz.com/news/how-police-...-april-millsap

How police pieced together evidence that led to charges in murder of Armada teen April Millsap

(Oct. 8, 2014) (WXYZ) - Disturbing new information has surfaced surrounding the evidence gathered in the death of 14-year-old April Millsap.

7 Action News has uncovered how authorities from multiple agencies helped tie the evidence together, which resulted in charges against James VanCallis Jr.

VanCallis was charged with First Degree Premeditated Murder, Felony Murder and Assault With Intent to Commit Sexual Penetration. He will be arraigned Thursday morning. According to the Armada Police Chief, they have physical evidence from the crime scene and in town.

7 Action News has learned that April Millsap was stomped on and authorities say surveillance video shows VanCallis wearing athletic shoes with a specific tread.

He was reportedly carrying her cell phone - taken during her attack. Millsap's backpack was also taken from the scene.

Police have three witnesses. One, a classmate to April, saw her talking to a man on a motorcycle. April tried to get away from him.

That man allegedly ambushed her from behind, using his helmet as a weapon, dragged her into the woods and attempted to sexually assault her.

A third witness later helped authorities develop a composite sketch that matched VanCallis.

According to authorities, April was stalked, robbed, murdered and her nearly naked body was found in a wooded area. Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith announced charges against VanCallis on Wednesday.

Here is the video that goes with the article. The vid says they also have DNA evidence.

I don't understand why people who saw him fucking with her didn't call police or anything. Wtf?

Thread Information