Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tom Greer (80) shot 'pregnant' home invader dead as she pleaded for mercy

Tom Greer (80) shot 'pregnant' home invader dead as she pleaded for mercy

Interesting. It hasn't been said if she was actually pregnant.

An 80-year-old California man told a television station he shot dead a fleeing intruder who had begged for her life and claimed she was pregnant.

Tom Greer told a Los Angeles news station that he shot Andrea Miller twice in the back just outside his house, while she was running away on Tuesday night.

It is not yet clear if Greer will be arrested over the death, but Miller's alleged accomplice Gus Adams has been charged with her murder, police said Thursday.

Greer claimed that he had returned home Tuesday night to find a man and woman breaking into his Long Beach home, and that the intruders had attacked him in the hallway.

He reportedly told KNBC on Wednesday: '[Miller] says, "Don't shoot me, I'm pregnant, I'm going to have a baby," and I shot her anyway.'

A coroner has not yet confirmed if the 28-year-old, from Long Beach, was actually pregnant.

Greer had claimed that he found Miller and Adams trying to open his safe and, while Adams was distracted, Greer reached for his revolver.

When the pair saw he was armed, they allegedly ran out of the house, but Greer told the TV station that he fired on them, hitting the woman.

He allegedly added he had no regrets about the shooting, telling KNBC: 'When the time comes to defend yourself, you best do something.'

Deputy police chief David Hendricks said: 'What we believe happened at this time is that a resident came home and possibly interrupted a crime in progress.

'At some point in time there was a shooting that took place and we have a suspect of that original crime deceased.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz38oeT2M2t
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    last article I read said she was not actually pregnant.

ETA: found it
    http://lbpost.com/news/crime/2000004...s#.U9b547HG99B
    Greer has been quoted as saying that 28-year-old Miller, a Long Beach resident, claimed she pregnant before she was killed and used that as a plea while Greer was chasing her down an alleyway with a gun. The LA County Department of Coroner determined Friday that Miller was not pregnant.
    Last edited by PunkerDuckie; 07-28-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

So, she was a lying, thieving bitch...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'll be interested to see if he gets charged. He shot them in an alley off of his property as they fled and in the back. Not only that, but he shot her twice. I saw the video interview and he was pretty callous about it. Not trying to defend scum, but it may be hard to claim self defense when they were fleeing, off of his property and he shot her twice in the back

Video at the link:

The man escaped, but the woman fell after being struck by Greer's gunfire in an alley behind the house.yt

"She says, 'Don't shoot me, I'm pregnant! I'm going to have a baby!' And I shot her anyway," Greer said.

When asked what he saw happen to the woman after he fired shots, Greer responded: "She was dead. I shot her twice, she best be dead ... (The man) had run off and left her."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...268364152.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I saw this on another forum-and I will say here what I said there...if I were to break into someone's house, I would expect to be shot, especially if my "partner" attacked the home owner. It's a risk you take when you enter someone's home without their permission.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What I read was that there is a very gray area..old man had a very few seconds between self defense and killing...put yourself in his shoes. He was assaulted, thought his life was in danger, add his age, physical health, mental status. Put yourself on a jury on this one.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Oh, I'm not saying that many people wouldn't do the same. I'm on the fence. If you watch the interview, his attitude towards it kind of worries me. I can understand both why he would do it and why he probably should have not done it if they were fleeing. I'm just curious to see if technically it's not considered self defense because her where and how it happened.

I always thought guns were supposed took be there mainly to protect you. Well if you pull a gun and the aggressor leaves.. .you've been protected. By chasing them down and killing them, you're using it to kill.

And his statement "Of course she was dead. I shot her twice. She better be dead".

Yeah..... I don't like that.

Yes. He comes across as being a little too gung-ho, as opposed to frightened. Not that you can't be both, I suppose. But, he's acting as though he was hunting and got his prey instead of perhaps processing that this was a human being. Idk. I'm all for self-defense. I just don't know if he should have taken it as far as he did.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverintheflux View Post
    Yes. He comes across as being a little too gung-ho, as opposed to frightened. Not that you can't be both, I suppose. But, he's acting as though he was hunting and got his prey instead of perhaps processing that this was a human being. Idk. I'm all for self-defense. I just don't know if he should have taken it as far as he did.
    That's kinda where I'm at. I think watching the interview and how he spoke about it turned me off. Before that I was thinking, well.... They shouldn't have been there. I'm still on the fence about it. But yeah, his demeanor was disturbing.

She was running away. He shot someone in the back and then gloated about it. Fuck this miserable Gran Turino fuck. Life is not a movie, he's not Clint Eastwood, she was a real person.

You know, if it was self defense, then wouldn't any fucking normal person be like 'Oh god, I had to shoot them, oh god?' Not like I AM SO PROUD I SHOT A WOMAN WHO WAS BEGGING FOR HER LIFE.

She was running away. He shot someone in the back and then gloated about it. Fuck this miserable Gran Turino fuck. Life is not a movie, he's not Clint Eastwood, she was a real person.

You know, if it was self defense, then wouldn't any fucking normal person be like 'Oh god, I had to shoot them, oh god?' Not like I AM SO PROUD I SHOT A WOMAN WHO WAS BEGGING FOR HER LIFE.
    Right. All my relatives are rednecks, but I don't see them doing something like this. Most of them, anyway.

Yeahh, this is bunk.

Apparently this man has never played capture the flag before, because clearly they were no longer in his home base.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

Gotta go with bowie on this one. Had he shot her while she was in the middle of helping her boyfriend assault this dude, or if they were beating the everloving shit out of him, I'd have said this chick got what she asked for. But this was not self defense, they were running away. And from the sound of his interview, she told him not to shoot her AFTER he'd already shot her once, not before. At least that's the way he made it sound to me. IF that's the case, then fuck this dude.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

My computer just crashed so I can't embed the video. Sorry.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 07-29-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

I'm so sick of the redneck bullshit in this country. This is why people hate us. Shit, I'm American and I hate us.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I totally agree if he felt he was in danger, he had every right to protect himself. But to me, they were leaving the scene, the threat was over. He shot her out of anger, and that's not self-defense.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I totally agree if he felt he was in danger, he had every right to protect himself. But to me, they were leaving the scene, the threat was over. He shot her out of anger, and that's not self-defense.

Just my opinion.
    That's not opinion, that's fact. Some people just think murder is OK sometimes.

You ever hear these hillbillies go on and on about their stuff? Ironically, their guns are usually their most expensive possessions. So you buy expensive guns to protect your stuff, and your expensive stuff is your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    That's not opinion, that's fact. Some people just think murder is OK sometimes.

You ever hear these hillbillies go on and on about their stuff? Ironically, their guns are usually their most expensive possessions. So you buy expensive guns to protect your stuff, and your expensive stuff is your guns.
    Leave us hillbillies alone, pardner. We're not the only gun-totin' crazies out there. Remember the guy a couple of months back that waited for and shot the two teenagers (in cold blood) in his basement?

Leave us hillbillies alone, pardner. We're not the only gun-totin' crazies out there. Remember the guy a couple of months back that waited for and shot the two teenagers (in cold blood) in his basement?
    Oh yea, total yuppie.

Oh yea, total yuppie.

Because yuppie is the only opposite of hillbilly, lol. Can we agree that the aforementioned jerk-off is just an asshole, regardless of anything else?

Because yuppie is the only opposite of hillbilly, lol. Can we agree that the aforementioned jerk-off is just an asshole, regardless of anything else?
    Cops, gangbangers, and hillbillies do like 98% of the shootings. Let's be honest here.

Cops, gangbangers, and hillbillies do like 98% of the shootings. Let's be honest here.
    Well, at least you widened the pool to include cops and gangbangers. But, I mean, some people aren't affiliated with any of those groups. They're just paranoid, violent dicks who are looking for any reason possible to mow someone down.

Also, I hope I don't get myself into trouble here-and I'm not going to even bother saying I'm not racist (but I'm not), etc., but what if I stereotyped blacks the way you stereotype rednecks? Serious question. I hope I'm not an asshole for saying this. I'm aware I don't always have a filter.

stereotyping rednecks is like stereotyping gangbangers. no one is saying all white people are rednecks or all black people are gangbangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    stereotyping rednecks is like stereotyping gangbangers. no one is saying all white people are rednecks or all black people are gangbangers.
    But I'm not debating saying that not "all" white people are rednecks or all blacks are gangbangers. I was, more specifically, talking about whether or not "all" rednecks/hillbillies are bloodthirsty killers or not. Ron seems to think they are. Being mostly "redneck", I take issue with this. I realize now we're getting into definitions, etc. Also, I'm a Liberal, gay-rights, blah, blah, blah, yay for me, redneck. Wait. Perhaps I'm not as redneck-ish as I though.

Thread Information