Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ohio woman driving on PA. highway hit in the face with an 8lb boulder thrown over an overpass.

Ohio woman driving on PA. highway hit in the face with an 8lb boulder thrown over an overpass.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1868125

Ohio teacher driving on Pa. highway hit in face with 8-pound rock dropped from overpass
    Sharon Budd, 52, was critically injured Thursday night after the boulder smashed into her car windshield. She had just hung up the phone with her soldier son, who was preparing to deploy to Afghanistan for a year, her husband said. Four teens have been arrested and charged with the crime.
    BY SASHA GOLDSTEIN NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 6:58 PM

Sharon Budd remains in critical condition after Thursday night?s incident.
    An Ohio school teacher who had just hung up the phone with her soldier son was smashed in the face with a rock and critically injured after four teens allegedly dropped the stone onto the woman?s car from an overpass above Interstate 80 in Pennsylvania.

Sharon Budd, 52, took the 8-pound boulder to her face around midnight Thursday near New Columbia, Ohio as she, her husband and 19-year-old daughter traveled toward New York City, the Akron Beacon Journal reported.

Budd, a breast cancer survivor was sitting in the passenger?s seat, cruising around 65 mph, when the rock dropped from some 22 feet, smashing through the windshield.

?We were all awake and talking and wow, it felt like the car exploded,? husband Randy Budd told the Journal.

Police said the teens dropped the rock from the Gray Hill Road overpass, about 22 feet above the highway.
    The Lake Township, Ohio woman lost an eye and had facial surgery to reduce the pressure and swelling around her brain. The mother of four remains hospitalized in critical condition at the Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pa.

?It was the most gruesome thing that you could ever imagine,? Randy Budd told the Canton Repository. ?Right now the doctors have no idea, none, on how she?s going to come out of this,? he added.

The Edison Middle School teacher had just hung up the phone with her 28-year-old son Lucas Budd, an Ohio National Guardsmen scheduled to deploy to Afghanistan for 12 months this week.

She?d asked her eldest son to send a picture of himself from his Texas base, her husband recalled.

?He wrote back, ?I really miss you mom,?? Randy Budd told the Repository.

The Budds with their four children. Son Lucas was set to deploy to Afghanistan, but had it delayed after his mother was hurt.
    ?My son?s picture was the last thing she saw,? Randy Budd also told the Journal. ?She was crying, but it was a good cry.?

The couple?s daughter, Kaylee, was driving when police say four teens dropped the rock from the Gray Hill Road overpass.

Kaylee began to scream and slammed on the breaks as her father called 911. Randy and Kaylee Budd were uninjured in the incident.

Cops later noticed the same car twice driving by the scene early Friday and traced it to a local home. They arrested Brett Lahr, 18, and Dylan Lahr, 17, and charged them with aggravated assault in connection with the crime. Two juveniles were also charged.

Police believe the teens dropped the 8-pound boulder from this overpass onto unsuspecting cars traveling at highway speeds below.
    Brett Lahr was held in lieu of $50,000 bail, while his brother was released on supervised bail, the Daily Item of Sunbury reported.

?A little luck and really good, solid police work,? state police said of the arrests.

Lucas Budd has had his deployment delayed so he can be with his family.

The family has raised more than $5,000 by Tuesday evening to help defray her medical costs.

?She?s a tough lady,? Randy Budd told the Journal of his wife of three decades. ?She?s a fighter.?

sgoldstein@nydailynews.com

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Did she die?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    This is so fucked up.

If they're from the burbs, it's gonna be the usual "boys will be boys, let's not ruin their futures" bullshit. If they're broke, they're never getting out of jail.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    This is so fucked up.

If they're from the burbs, it's gonna be the usual "boys will be boys, let's not ruin their futures" bullshit. If they're broke, they're never getting out of jail.
    https://www.facebook.com/dylan.lahr?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/brett.lahr/about

Little assholes. I'm with Ron on this one. I get that people make mistakes and all but Jesus at 17 and 18 years old they should have known better. I'd expect something like this from a group of 11-12 year olds.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Did she die?
    I read that in the voice of that guy from The Hangover 2. "But did you die?"

I don't think she died. It said she's still hanging in there.

Those boys bettet be punished. Hard. How horrific!

put on the breaks??

At least they didn't describe the scene as grizzly.

We had a spate of this shit in western Sydney & Illawarra. They changed the Crimes Act because of it

Crimes Amendment (Rock Throwing aka Moron) Bill 2008
    http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/pro.../LC20080514043

They started putting cages & high fences on overpasses too - that way the rocks usually bounce back at the thrower & with any luck, kill 2 problems with one stone/rock/brick.

Poor woman. I hope she survives. How anyone thinks this is fun and entertaining is beyond me......UGH those kids need to learn a hard life lesson now.

This is so fucked up.

I commented on another forum that is not an example of "boys being boys" this is an example of boys being budding Sociopaths.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I commented on another forum that is not an example of "boys being boys" this is an example of boys being budding Sociopaths.
    Yep.

They didn't drive by twice out of remorse. They wanted to see the damage they did. Because they're stupid, sick fucks.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

After nearly two weeks, including a surgery lasting more than 13 hours that involved removing damaged parts of her brain, they are cautiously optimistic.

Screws, bolts and plates now hold together the face of the seventh-grade teacher from Uniontown, Ohio, who was left with a large, gaping wound across her forehead and broken bones when she was struck on July 10.

That's when police say four teenagers ? three now charged as adults, one as a juvenile ? decided to throw rocks from an Interstate 80 overpass as Budd, her husband and a daughter happened to be passing through, on their way to see a show in New York.

That first night, surgeons at Geisinger Medical Center did what they could to clean out pieces of her skull that were jutting into her brain. They also removed parts of her intact skull to allow for the swelling they knew would soon follow.

"We had to make sure that she was going to survive, that was our immediate goal for the first 72 hours," Dr. Atom Sarkar, her neurosurgeon, said Monday.

The damage destroyed barriers the skull forms that make separate compartments needed to avoid infection of the brain from the nose and mouth.

Doctors also had to use a piece of her skull to fabricate a bridge between her eyes.

Kaylee Budd, one of the Budds' four children, was driving when the rock crashed through the front windshield of their Nissan Rogue.

The college sophomore stopped and turned on the light to see her 52-year-old mother had suffered horrifying injuries. From some 20 feet above, the rock apparently struck Sharon Budd directly on the forehead.

It hit like an explosion, said Randy Budd, who described the injuries as so gruesome that he wasn't sure what he was seeing ? blood and possibly brain matter amid shattered glass.

Waiting for help, Kaylee and Randy held Sharon's hands, prayed, did what they could to reassure her and tried to prevent her from rubbing her head wound.

At the hospital, a physician braced Randy Budd for the worst, saying she was perilously close to death and advising him to call loved ones.

"Two gentlemen came up and said: 'We're going to do an emergency surgery. Give her a chance to live.' I just signed. Some eye doctors came in and basically said the same thing. I signed," Randy Budd said.

It took her about a week to recuperate enough for ear, nose and throat surgeons to perform more comprehensive work on her face.

It was during that follow-up surgery last Thursday that doctors realized damage to the right frontal lobe of her brain and some parts of the left were likely to continue giving her problems and needed to be removed.

The frontal lobe helps determine your personality, a particularly bitter fate for Sharon, a woman with a wide network of friends and a devotion to her career as a language arts teacher.

"That part of the brain actually affects your social interactivity, how she is as a person, if she's warm and compassionate, or bubbly and ebullient, or just quiet and reserved," Sarkar said. "That doesn't mean that she can't be the person she was."

Her arms and legs appear to be moving appropriately, but doctors don't know how her dexterity and fine motor control will be affected. It is likely she has permanently lost the use of her right eye.

A tube in her brain was removed Monday, and although she is somewhat sedated, she has been able to follow her doctors' commands, mostly shaking her head or wiggling her fingers and toes, Randy Budd said Tuesday.

Doctors hope to perform additional skull reconstruction, and at some point remove the hardware. The scar from the rock runs from her right ear across her forehead; the one from the procedure to remove portions of her skull goes across the top of her head, from ear to ear.

Now they wait to see how she progresses.

"We can say she's not going to die," Sarkar said, "but there's a very far gulf between not dying and being the person you were."

http://news.msn.com/in-depth/ohio-wo...er-rock-attack
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

god i hate these kids. i hope they get a long sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    god i hate these kids. i hope they get a long sentence.
    Don't hold your breath.

affluenza? quarantine. dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    affluenza? quarantine. dammit.
    Just look at the area where it happened. These kids were "goofing around" so that means probation. They're lucky they hit a school teacher and not someone who's rich.

ETA: OK, maybe Maaaaaybe jail time, but it'll be a slap on the wrist. And people will be outraged for 5 minutes then it'll go away.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 07-22-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Just look at the area where it happened. These kids were "goofing around" so that means probation. They're lucky they hit a school teacher and not someone who's rich.

ETA: OK, maybe Maaaaaybe jail time, but it'll be a slap on the wrist. And people will be outraged for 5 minutes then it'll go away.
    This happened about a week ago and I'm still outraged!

I know she might be alive, but all the injuries to her brain make me think she's never going to be the same. That poor lady didn't do anything to deserve this.

Does anyone remember Dr. Phil's sister or SIL who had a carton of acid dropped on her car on the highway?

evil

These fuckers are good for one thing...Satan's kindling.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    I hope they throw the book at these little pricks. They knew exactly what they were doing. Their Facebook are down now. Someone needs to help me find their mom or dad's fb pages so I can send them a message congratulating them on being shitty parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    I hope they throw the book at these little pricks. They knew exactly what they were doing. Their Facebook are down now. Someone needs to help me find their mom or dad's fb pages so I can send them a message congratulating them on being shitty parents.
    I'm on it.........Got me sleuthing cap on....

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

Mrs Budd, a cancer survivor, lost an eye and required 13-hour surgery to remove right frontal lobe of her brain that determines personality
    Brett and Dylan Lahr, ages 18 and 17, Tyler Porter, age 17, and another teen charged with aggravated assault and conspiracy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz38HzfvfU8
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

These are the pictures in the paper. The source for the pictures is The Uniontown Police Dept. If the police dept took these pictures- they did a terrible job. I'd like to smack that kid that's smiling.

This is the brothers father, I do beLIEve.

Michael A.lahr 322 Showers rd New Columbia, Pa.

His business
    Michael A Lahr Painting/Cash

Michael A.lahr Painting/Cash was founded in 2011, and is located at 322 Showers Rd in New Columbia. It employs 1 employees and is generating approximately $45,000.00 in annual revenue. Additional information is available by contacting this business at (570) 538-5754.

No luck with FB, yet.

Here is Tyler Porter

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is the whole article about Tyler. The site won't let me copy/paste, I had to snip that picture.
    http://www.standard-journal.com/news...a4bcf887a.html

-----------

Here is Tyler's twitter. He talks a little about this case
    https://twitter.com/TylerPorter_

Tyler Porter @TylerPorter_ ? Jul 21
    Just wanted to appreciate those that still support me despite my horrible judgement calls. You guys are wonderful people.
    ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 1 time1 FavoriteFavorited 22 times22
    More

Tyler's facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/TylerPorter22?fref=ts
    Last edited by bermstalker; 07-23-2014 at 03:53 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I hate them. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    It blows my mind how anyone could see this differently.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    It blows my mind how anyone could see this differently.
    Some people saw the NYPD kill a man in the street and applaud it. Nothing surprises me.

I bet they don't get into real trouble.

Thread Information