Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ronald Lee Haskell Charged In Texas Shooting That Left 6 Dead, Including 4 Children

Ronald Lee Haskell Charged In Texas Shooting That Left 6 Dead, Including 4 Children

Ronald Lee Haskell Charged In Texas Shooting That Left 6 Dead, Including 4 Children

Authorities have identified and charged the man suspected of killing six people, including four children, in a domestic dispute in Spring, Texas.

Ronald Lee Haskell, 33, surrendered after a three-hour standoff beginning late Wednesday afternoon at a home in the Houston suburb.

Earlier reports suggested that Haskell was the father of the four slain children. On Thursday, Harris County Constable Ron Hickman said that authorities believe Haskell was a relative, but not the children?s father, CNN reports.

ORIGINAL STORY:

By Daniel Kramer, REUTERS

(Reuters) - A gunman shot six people to death, four of them children, in what appeared to be a domestic dispute in a Houston, Texas, suburb late on Wednesday then fled the scene before surrendering to police after a standoff, a police official said.

Harris County Constable Ron Hickman told reporters after the suspect's arrest the victims ranged from 4 to 40 years of age, and preliminary information indicated two of the dead were children adopted by the gunman and his estranged wife.

Hickman added that the violence stemmed from "obviously a domestic situation that went south, probably a divorce or separation."

The victims were two boys, ages 4 and 14, two girls, ages 7 and 9, and a man and woman, ages 39 and 33, a police spokesman said. The shooting occurred in the middle-class Houston suburb of Spring.

A 15-year-old girl who also was shot but survived provided police with the name of the suspect and where he was believed to be going after he fled the scene. This enabled officers to head him off before he arrived at the home of another family, police said.

A constable at the scene told Reuters the 15-year-old had said the shooter was a family member. He said it did not appear he was the father of the children.

CNN citing Harris County Sheriff's Office spokesman Thomas Gilliland said all of the children were either biological or adopted children of the suspect. Reuters could not independently confirm the report.

Police did not release the names of the suspect and the victims or a possible motive. He could be charged as soon as Thursday.

"We don't know why this happened," nearby resident Paul Anthony Slawinski told Reuters. "This man, his wife, and children were the definition of compassion and charity."

After the shooting, the gunman led police on a nearly half-hour pursuit capped by a standoff in a residential cul-de-sac a few miles from the scene of the slayings.

Streaming video footage from local television station KTRK showed the suspect's car sandwiched between two trucks where the chase ended, with more than a dozen police vehicles nearby.

After a four-hour interlude in which the suspect was seen placing a gun to his head, he walked out of the vehicle with his hands raised, then laid down on the ground to be taken into custody.

Five of the victims were found dead on the scene, the Harris County Sheriff's Office said. Two others were flown by helicopter to an area hospital, but one, a child, later died while the other was listed in critical condition, the sheriff's office said.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5573858

(Additional reporting and writing by Jon Herskovitz from Austin, Texas and Eric M. Johnson from Seattle; editing by Ralph Boulton)

This page was just created for the mom. I'm still looking for more pages and will post as I find them

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=668019543277202

This is the memorial page for Stephan Stay:https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=310531282445290

Someone created this one about the shooter:https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...rk=1&fbtype=65

Pictures at link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-suspect.html
    Last edited by missbad; 07-10-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Fucking asshole. This is from the FB page, are these all six victims? Edited, yes. The article shows it too.

The 15 year old who survived is the one blurred out.

She was able to tell deputies who the shooter was and that she believed he was headed to another residence at Anvil and Ella to possibly attack more family members.
    Deputies were able to intercept Haskell, who led them on a chase that came to an end about three miles from the shooting scene.
    Last edited by debk589; 07-10-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Yeah it is. Thanks for posting the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Yeah, I'm not all gung ho for the death penalty, but this fucker deserves it. I wouldn't bat an eye if they lit up his ass tomorrow.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    What. The. Fuck.

SPRING, Texas -- Deputy constables say Ronald Lee Haskell, 33, has been charged with one count of capital murder (multi) in connection with the shooting of seven people, including children, at a home in Spring.

Haskell was transferred to a county jail overnight as the Harris County Precinct 4 Deputy Constable’s Office released new information.

The shootings happened a little after 5 p.m. Wednesday at a home in the 700 block of Leaflet in the Enchanted Oaks subdivision.

“He came to this location yesterday afternoon – late – and came under the guise of a FedEx driver wearing a FedEx shirt,” said Constable Ron Hickman.

Detectives said Haskell knocked on the front door of the home and when the 15-year-old girl answered he asked for her parents. She told him they were not home and so he left.

Investigators said he came back a short time later and asked her again for her parents, but this time he told her his name and the girl recognized him as her ex-uncle. She tried to close the door on him, but he kicked it in, detectives said.

“(He) gathered up the children that were here and awaited the arrival of the parents. Sometime later the victims were shot in this residence, and we now learned that Mr. Haskell was married to a relative of the residents of this home,” Hickman said.

Detectives said Haskell had demanded to know the whereabouts of his ex-wife, who lives out of state and was not at the home.

Authorities identified the dead as Stephen Stay, 39, a local realtor, his wife Katie Stay, 33, and their two boys, ages 4 and 14; and two girls, ages 7 and 9.

In court early Thursday, prosecutor Nathan Moss said Haskell tied up the family, placed them face down, and then shot each of them in the head execution style.

Deputies said the couple's 15-year-old daughter, a survivor of the mass shooting, suffered a bullet fracture to her skull. She played dead until the suspect left and then alerted authorities that the gunman was on his way to her grandparents' home to kill more relatives.

The deputies beat him to that home and a standoff ensued. After more than three hours sitting in a cul-de-sac, Haskell surrendered.

During that time, Deputy Thomas Gilliland of the Harris County Sheriff's Office said, there were "two hours of constant talking with a man armed with a pistol to his head and who had just killed six people."

Gilliland described the man as in his 30s with a beard "and cool as a cucumber." He said that when he and other officers first approached, the man was "just sitting in his car looking out at us."

"This concluded the way we wanted it to," Gilliland said after the surrender.

Gilliland said the teenager who survived was in "very critical condition" at Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston as of late Wednesday night.

Authorities have not yet released the names of all the victims.

Contrary to earlier statements made by authorities, Haskell's adopted kids were not among the shooting victims.

As he was transferred to the county jail, the suspect was still wearing the FedEx uniform. FedEx released this statement Thursday morning:

"Our heartfelt thoughts and condolences go out to all those involved in this tragic incident. Mr. Haskell formerly provided service for FedEx, but has not done so since January."

According to court records, Haskell was arrested in 2008 for domestic violence in the presence of a child, and he violated a protective order (showing up at child’s school) in 2013.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-c...266564781.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

He made them all lay face down and then shot each one in the head? Ugh, I couldn't imagine being the last one shot, hearing your family getting shot in the head and dying one by one

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The Dailymail article has that same picture of the family but didn't blur out the 15 year old's face.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Unbelievable.

The man who allegedly shot dead a married Houston couple and four of their children in an execution-style killing on Wednesday was jealous of their happy life together, claimed the children's grandfather. Speaking to Mailonline from his home in Sun City, California, Thomas Stay said that Ron Haskell, 33, (left) envied the life his son Stephen had built with his wife Katie and their five children (pictured center with their 15-year-old daughter, Cassidy, who survived the shooting, Rebecca, seven, Emily, nine, Zachary, four and Bryan, 14). According to Thomas Stay, Haskell couldn't accept his separation from his ex-wife Melissa - Katie's sister - and chose to massacre his son and his family because he was 'jealous of Stephen and Katie's family and what they could have that he didn't have'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-suspect.html

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not all gung ho for the death penalty, but this fucker deserves it. I wouldn't bat an eye if they lit up his ass tomorrow.
    I am in certain circumstances-taking out a whole family because your jealous of their happiness is a pretty damn good reason.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    The man who allegedly shot dead a married Houston couple and four of their children in an execution-style killing on Wednesday was jealous of their happy life together, claimed the children's grandfather. Speaking to Mailonline from his home in Sun City, California, Thomas Stay said that Ron Haskell, 33, (left) envied the life his son Stephen had built with his wife Katie and their five children (pictured center with their 15-year-old daughter, Cassidy, who survived the shooting, Rebecca, seven, Emily, nine, Zachary, four and Bryan, 14). According to Thomas Stay, Haskell couldn't accept his separation from his ex-wife Melissa - Katie's sister - and chose to massacre his son and his family because he was 'jealous of Stephen and Katie's family and what they could have that he didn't have'.

Whoa whoa whoa....

So this guy is the father of the guy with his family in blue in the picture up thread? I'm confused.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa....

So this guy is the father of the guy with his family in blue in the picture up thread? I'm confused.
    No the grandpa was talking to reporters about his son and his son's family that Haskell killed.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ronald Haskell killed his ex BIL, SIL, nieces and nephews (the Stay family)

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa....

Grizzly murderer was married to Katie stay's sister (Katie, her husband, and kids were killed)
    The ex wife was not there.

This story is so sad. I heard he was an ex-uncle, I guess Katie had helped her sister move out of state recently and he was not happy about it. What a psycho. No wonder why they tried to get her away from him. Such a shame he was able to do that. The 15 year old saved her grandparents life by doing what she did. She had to hear and witness her whole family be killed, I feel so sad for her. And the sister Melissa? All this because of her, I don't know what I would do if I had all that guilt of those deaths on my shoulder.

More info on the story told here with more photos. RIP beautiful family.

I like to be kissed Australian style... down under

this is fucking terrible. so, melissa is this guys ex? yeah, i wanna know where she is/how she is. ugh.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    What a fucking disgusting blob. I hope he dies. Luckily, he's in texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

This guy was such a POS, he didn't even kill himself. Texas will def. take care of that.

I can just imagine he justifies what he did by saying the family "turned" his wife against him.

I pray for the girl that was shot in the head. Such a terrible thing.

Another article about the troubles in Melanie and Ron's marriage that started this problem. They have 4 kids together.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...m-ex-wife.html

LOGAN — A man accused of forcing his way into his former sister-in-law's Texas home and killing her, her husband and four of their five children has a history of domestic violence problems from when he recently lived in northern Utah.

As part of his divorce with his former wife, Ronald Lee Haskell was ordered by a Utah judge to undergo a psychological evaluation and was not allowed to visit his children by himself until a therapist could determine whether he was "mentally and emotionally stable enough to care for the children," according to court records.

Haskell, 33, was a "recent resident" of the Logan area and had "several involvements" with Logan police and was incarcerated in the Cache County Jail in 2008, the Cache County Sheriff's Office confirmed Thursday.

Haskell lived on Hampton Place in Logan from July 2006 until November 2013. He was living in a basement apartment in the area of 400 North and 400 West in Logan from July 2013 until October 2013.

Ronald and Melanie Haskell were building a home in Smithfield, but Melanie Haskell tried to escape her abusive marriage before it was finished, neighbors said.

According to Utah state court records, Ronald Haskell pleaded guilty to simple assault in a domestic violence-related incident in 2008. Haskell took a plea in abeyance in the case.

"Melanie Haskell stated her husband Ronald had (dragged) her by her hair and struck her in the head, and then did it again in front of the children," according to Logan police.

The abuse allegedly continued after the court case ended.

"She was tired of him beating her up and her children witnessing it. And when she saw her oldest child start to become violent, she chose to move into a (Community Abuse Prevention Service Agency) home for their safety," said Jolyn Young, who was one of Melanie Haskell's neighbors in Utah.

Logan police also reported that Ronald Haskell called officers in September of 2009.

"He stated his wife had left and left a note, which made him concerned for her safety. A short time later, he returned with his wife in the car and told officers he was taking her to the hospital. In August of 2013 Melanie reported a protective order violation. It was stated Ronald had made threats against her to his attorney. In October of 2013, Melanie reported a possible protective order violation because Ronald had shown up at one of the children’s elementary schools. This protective order was actually served on him the day of the complaint. Neither protective order violations were prosecuted."

The Haskells were married in California in 2002. They separated in June of 2013. They have four children together between the ages of 3 and 11.

In July of 2013, Melanie Haskell filed for a protective order against her husband in 1st District Court in Logan. In August she filed for divorce. In October, both parties agreed to drop the protective order and enter into a "mutual restraining order."

"The parties agree that Ms. Haskell will have primary physical custody with the parties having joint legal custody," court records state.

Ronald Haskell was also ordered, as part of the settlement, to only have supervised visitations with his children until his therapist could determine that he was no longer a "threat" to them, according to court records.

"Until respondent receives a psychological evaluation and provides documentation from his evaluator that he is mentally and emotionally stable enough to care for the children on his own, respondent’s parent time shall be supervised," the Haskells' divorce decree states.

They say this is about jealousy but I don't think so. He has 4 kids and doesn't know where they move to I bet is what this enraged him about.

Guess on July 3rd he tied up his mom in California and she called the cops on him then.. He has been crazy for a while..
    Last edited by hazeleyes; 07-10-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hazeleyes View Post
    Another article about the troubles in Melanie and Ron's marriage that started this problem. They have 4 kids together.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...m-ex-wife.html

LOGAN — A man accused of forcing his way into his former sister-in-law's Texas home and killing her, her husband and four of their five children has a history of domestic violence problems from when he recently lived in northern Utah.

As part of his divorce with his former wife, Ronald Lee Haskell was ordered by a Utah judge to undergo a psychological evaluation and was not allowed to visit his children by himself until a therapist could determine whether he was "mentally and emotionally stable enough to care for the children," according to court records.
    So, were his guns legally owned?

If so, WHY??????
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Ugh, that poor girl is going to need so much therapy.

This story made me do an ugly cry.

That poor family.

Just last week he was accused of tying up and choking his own mother. Why was this psychotic asshole allowed to walk around in public?!

That Daily Mail article was like, the most confusing and poorly written thing I have possibly ever written.

Thread Information