Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jamison Family - Missing Since 2009 - Bodies Positively Identified

Olivia

Entire family (Jamison) missing in Oklahoma since 8 October 2009

This is weird. They found their car abandoned, with their dog locked inside and close to death. Apparently there was a large sum of cash in the car also (other forums are speculating around $41k)

A Eufaula family whose pickup was found abandoned in Latimer County with their phones, IDs, money, coats and barely alive dog inside has been missing for two weeks.

Latimer County officials ask anyone with information about the Jamison family's whereabouts to call the Latimer County sheriff's office at (918) 465-2161.

The three members of the Jamison family - Bobby Dale, 44, Sherrilynn, 40, and Madyson, 6, - were last seen Oct. 8, Latimer County Undersheriff Matt Bohn said Wednesday.

The family's pickup was found Saturday in a rural area near an oil property about 30 miles from their home, and the amount of money inside the vehicle was "substantial," Bohn said.

A starving small black-and-white dog was found inside the vehicle when sheriff's deputies went to investigate.

"It appeared it had been in the truck for a long time," Bohn said.

Police, fire and highway patrol crews, along with several volunteers, began a search Saturday. Six dog teams joined the search Sunday, but nothing other than the pickup was found, said the undersheriff.

A search of the area near the pickup was suspended Monday while officials considered other ways to try and find the Jamisons, but small groups of people familiar with the terrain continued to look for evidence, Bohn said. Another full-scale search is scheduled for Friday, but authorities have few leads.

Bobby Jamison is 6 feet 3 inches tall, weighs about 170 pounds and has brown hair and eyes, Bohn said. Sherrilynn Jamison is 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighs about 105 pounds and also has brown hair and eyes. Madyson has blond hair.

Bobby Jamison took out a protective order against his father, Bobby Dean Jamison, in May, but Bohn said it has been dismissed and appears unrelated to the disappearance of the younger Jamison and his family.

http://newsok.com//article/3410976?custom_click=rss
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 06-13-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: For easier reading - removed formatting/posting errors due to vBulletin forum transition.

Re: Entire family missing in Oklahoma since 8 October

Oh my God.

I hope they are okay, but what are the chances if they have been gone two weeks? 

Very weird.

I am glad the dog was found before it died.  :-(

Holy Smokes.  How does an entire family come up missing?  I was thinking maybe they just decided to start a new life, but if that were so, seems they would have taken at least the money with them. hmmmmmm.

Mud slows hunt for missing three in southeast Oklahoma
    BY JOHNNY JOHNSON Staff Writer    Comments Comment on this article4
    Published: October 24, 2009

RED OAK — Bobby Dale Jamison, his wife, Sherrilynn, and their 6-year-old daughter Madyson had already been missing for 14 days when search teams from across the region decided one last time to brave the mud-slick roads of the Red Oak Mountain area in southeastern Oklahoma.

Searchers, including Reade Hogan, left, and Mark Ward, center, warm themselves near a fire at the command post on top of the mountain. Ward is a deputy in the Latimer County Sheriff's office. Hogan is an investigator with UKB Lighthorse Police in Tahlequah. Law enforcement officers and volunteers converged in the small southeast Oklahoma community of Red Oak on Friday, Oct. 23, 2009, to search a heavily wooded area in the Sansbois Mountains for a missing family of three. Searches on horseback, on foot, on ATVs and in airplanes and helicopters scoured the area for any traces of the family. Oct. 21, 2009. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman

Multimedia
    Photoview all photos

The steep and winding oil and gas roads that had been bogging down pickups and horse trailers all morning were becoming too treacherous. Search conditions were poor, and black-powder deer season, which started today, meant it would be too dangerous to have search crews tromping through the woods.

After an all-out mass search with more than 100 people came up short last weekend, Latimer County Sheriff Israel Beauchamp knew Friday was probably going to be the last chance to unravel the mystery of the missing family. It was a big mountain, and the clock was ticking.

Beauchamp has been looking for the Jamison family since someone who lives in the area found their pickup Oct. 17, eight days after the resident remembered seeing the family in the area.

The pickup was parked at a well site, about 30 miles from the family’s Eufaula home. Beauchamp said the family had gone to look at a couple of 40-acre plots of land for possible purchase with what appeared to be plans to move a shipping container onto the secluded mountain land and live there.

Inside the pickup, investigators found Bobby Dale Jamison’s wallet, Sherrilynn Jamison’s purse, maps, a GPS, a "substantial” amount of cash, and a cell phone last used Oct. 8.

At first, Beauchamp said, it appeared the family had become lost because they were not at the location marked on the map, but investigators recently learned the site where the truck was parked was a second site where the family was looking for land.

Beauchamp said he was not ready to call the search effort a "recovery” for bodies at this point, but as the days have turned into weeks, some searchers have begun to prepare themselves for the worst.

Monty Jackson, a former state forester and experienced searcher said he doesn’t tend to make assumptions about what has happened or what he expects to find.

"We’re just here to do anything we can to try to help some people who need help,” Jackson said. "Nobody knows what’s going on. We’ll just look and see if we can find some clues. It’s hard to say what’s going to happen.”

When the call went out that the sheriff’s office was looking for experienced searchers and people familiar with the area, they got 12 dog search teams, and dozens of searchers on foot, on horse and on four-wheelers. And all of them had one goal in mind — for one last day, they would work sunup to sunset, trying to cover as much ground as possible and do their best to bring some closure.

In this case, recent rainfall had made tracking impossible, so the search meant setting up grids to look for disturbed ground, checking waterways and looking for any pieces of clothing — any clues.

Beauchamp said the air searches were frustrating at times, because he had two helicopters, a plane and an unmanned drone, but because of the thick "triple canopy” foliage, and windy conditions, pilots were not able to see much of anything.

On the ground, it was slow going, through thick mud, tangled undergrowth, rocky ravines and mountainous terrain. But searchers said it was becoming almost as important to complete a thorough search to rule areas out.

As the sun started to drop near the horizon, however, teams had not found any clues, and it was time to start down the mountain, disappointed and frustrated.

In May, Bobby Dale Jamison filed a civil suit against his parents Bobby Dean and Scarlet Jean Jamison for more than $10,000 for the loss of money to which he said he was entitled when his father sold the family gas station.

Bobby Jamison took out a protective order against his father in May, but authorities said it has been dismissed and appears unrelated to the disappearance of the younger Jamison and his family.

In the suit, the missing Jamison alleges his father enticed him to work for free at the Oklahoma City gas station, but with the understanding that one day, the son would have a half-interest in the station when he was older.

Victor Salcedo, principal of Eufaula Elementary School, said Madyson is a kindergarten student there.

"Our prayers go out to the family,” Salcedo said.

Read more: http://newsok.com/mud-slows-hunt-for-missing-three-in-southeast-oklahoma/article/3411584#ixzz0Uyyf3mHa

Olivia

[quote author=berryblu link=topic=22955.msg1426228#msg1426228 date=1256503057]
    Holy Smokes.  How does an entire family come up missing?  I was thinking maybe they just decided to start a new life, but if that were so, seems they would have taken at least the money with them. hmmmmmm.
    [/quote]

There are lots of discussions online on other forums about this.  Some speculate that they stumbled across a meth lab and were killed.  They were apparently going to look at a property to buy which may explain the cash.  But why would someone kill them all and not take the cash?  And I don’t know the laws, but you can’t just pay cash for a property here?  It has to go through lawyers etc.  It’s all weird.  I guess the most likely explanation is that they got lost and died?

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=22955.msg1426231#msg1426231 date=1256503683]
    There are lots of discussions online on other forums about this.  Some speculate that they stumbled across a meth lab and were killed.  They were apparently going to look at a property to buy which may explain the cash.  But why would someone kill them all and not take the cash?  And I don’t know the laws, but you can’t just pay cash for a property here?  It has to go through lawyers etc.  It’s all weird.  I guess the most likely explanation is that they got lost and died?
    [/quote]

I'm sure they checked, but was the car operating at the time they found it?  Why would they leave the dog?  Even if they wanted to go for help or a walk?  The meth lab theory seems plausible, but wouldn't there be a bit of evidence left at the scene?

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=22955.msg1426232#msg1426232 date=1256503921]
    I'm sure they checked, but was the car operating at the time they found it?  Why would they leave the dog?  Even if they wanted to go for help or a walk?  The meth lab theory seems plausible, but wouldn't there be a bit of evidence left at the scene?
    [/quote]

Good questions!  My first thought was that something went wrong with the car, and they walked for help, maybe leaving the dog because they figured they would be right back.  But then, why not just send the hubby and the rest of the fam wait with the car, and why leave the money unattended?  Very, very strange.
    born to be down

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=22955.msg1426231#msg1426231 date=1256503683]
    [/quote]

Well, in backwood mid america, you can pay cash for property.  A lot of property lines arent even documented because its still based on the "good ole boy" system.  "This is your land and this is mine." 

I tend to agree that maybe they got lost or stumbled upon something in the woods that they shouldnt have and met with foul play.

Olivia

[quote author=Solara23 link=topic=22955.msg1426236#msg1426236 date=1256504224]
    Good questions!  My first thought was that something went wrong with the car, and they walked for help, maybe leaving the dog because they figured they would be right back.  But then, why not just send the hubby and the rest of the fam wait with the car, and why leave the money unattended?  Very, very strange.
    [/quote]

Maybe they were just planning to go for a walk to check out their new land?  I just can't imagine that they would have walked so far to get lost and die though?  It's not impossible, just unlikely?

Wow. This is one of the strangest things I've ever read on here. It absolutely blows my mind that there would be so much money left behind. And I keep thinking that maybe they left the truck for a few minutes for some reason, intending to come back. But why leave the dog and the money???????? This makes no sense at all.

the color nine

You can pay cash for a house.  It was what the successful drug dealers do.

:-o

man, i must really be "not in the know". i haven't heard anything about this, but then again, i've been out and about almost all day everyday for the past week & half. i wonder what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

This is so strange.

It seems to me they either got lost or stumbled across something while looking at that property. It sounded like their coats were found in the car though? I wonder how cold it was?

Freaky.  Any updates at all? 

[quote author=IcingSugar link=topic=22955.msg1428415#msg1428415 date=1256660893]
    This is so strange.

It seems to me they either got lost or stumbled across something while looking at that property. It sounded like their coats were found in the car though? I wonder how cold it was?
    [/quote]

They left a GPS in the car which would indicate that they were familiar with the area...I guess.

Alien abduction? :2thescream:

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=22955.msg1428416#msg1428416 date=1256660943]
    Freaky.  Any updates at all? 
    [/quote]

none, just that the search is now national.

http://www.mcalesternews.com/homepage/local_story_300110557.html?keyword=leadpicturestor y

A search for a missing Eufaula-area family is now getting assistance from a national group which tries to help locate missing children.

“The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children is trying to help us out now,” said Latimer County Sheriff Israel Beauchamp.

Madyson Jamison, who is 6 and from the Eufaula area, has been missing since Oct. 7, along with her father, Bobby Jamison, and her mother, Sherilynn Jamison.

This morning, Madyson Jamison’s picture and information about her had been prominently listed on the center’s Web site at www.missingkids.com.

A media representative for the center, which is based near Washington D.C. in Alexandria, Va., said the photos are rotated throughout the day, but information can be pulled up by conducting a search on the Web site.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children’s Web site states that “When Madyson was last seen, her front teeth were missing. She was last seen wearing blue jeans and a long sleeve pink shirt with small flowers printed on it.”

She stands three feet, 10 inches tall and weighs 50 pounds.

Anyone with any information can contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1 (800) THE-LOST, which is 1 (800) 843-5678, or the Latimer County Sheriff’s Department at 465-2161.

Beauchamp said Latimer County Undersheriff Matt Bohn met with a representative from the group on Monday. They traveled to the scene where the family’s pickup had been found parked on Panola Mountain, near Red Oak.

The Latimer County Sheriff’s Department found the truck on Oct. 17 after hunters reported the pickup had been sitting by the side of the road for some time with a small dog inside it.

They found the pick-up parked on a dirt road in an isolated area near a well-site where a natural gas drilling rig had once been, according to Wells. Inside the pickup, they found a large amount of cash and a small dog, still alive.

Beauchamp, Bond and other investigators continue to hope that the search for the missing family will end with the family being found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

well, a check of their bank accounts would probably verify if that money was legitimate or derived by other means. Either way, you don't just drive around with that much cash on you, especially if you haven't even found the property you intend to purchase yet.

Seems they were in a bit of a hurry ... maybe it wasn't their money and they have just bailed in hope that they will never be found.

This case is very strange mainly because they left the dog.
    I can imagine getting lost/car broken down/gone to look at land to buy but why not take the dog. I can also imagine them getting lured out there to look at land etc but why wasn't the money taken.
    I would really like to hear the outcome of this...i hope they turn up ok but it is looking doubtful  :-(
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

I'm an Oregonian who does missing person research. 

If I can be of any help you can email me at jofriday0047@yahoo.com or at my website www.jo-friday.com

I might be able to help with searching and or publicity.

Shelli

They called off the ground search, and still no sign of them.

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/statenews/local_story_303172026.html

Ground search called off for missing family

RED OAK, Okla. (AP) — After nearly two weeks of searching through the heavily wooded Sans Bois (SAN BOY) Mountain area, the Latimer County Sheriff's Office has called off its ground search for a missing Eufaula family.

Latimer County Sheriff Israel Beauchamp (BEE-chum) said Friday investigators still are chasing leads in the disappearance of 44-year-old Bobby Dale Jamison, his wife, 40-year-old Sherrilyn, and the couple's 6-year-old daughter, Madyson.

But Beauchamp says investigators have uncovered few clues since the family's truck was discovered Oct. 17 at a remote well pad site near the town of Red Oak.

More than 300 volunteers and dozens of law enforcement officers have scoured the area since, but found no signs of the family.
    born to be down

That's really weird. I wish there were some more details to this story. Where were they going? What's with the money? Was the car truly "abadoned" even with all their belongings inside? Shouldn't a relative at least know what's up?

That's an area of OK where people still leave their houses unlocked all through the night or even while they're away at work.  It's not surprising that the money was still in the truck after all that time, because while everyone there is nosy about gossip, they don't go digging through your shit. 

Also, the pickup was in a rural area.  When they say rural, that generally means your closest neighbor is a mile or more away.  So it's likely there was no one around to go snooping through things even if they wanted to.

Sounds like they got out the truck to check out the place.

Given the area, and how prone it is to mudslides, I think that's probably what happened.  They got onto a slick slope which gave way.  More wet or rain following would have covered up the slide pretty quickly, as well as them.  Winter weather generally lasts up until April in those parts, with snow and rain, so if their bodies aren't found within the next few weeks, it's unlikely they'll be found at least until June or July if a search resumes then.  Even then, a lot is still left up to chance rather than diligence because they could end up being covered with more and more mud as the season passes.

My two cents anyway. 

That seems plausible. Definitely not looking too good. But why leave the dog locked in the car?

[quote author=tarynator link=topic=22955.msg1436538#msg1436538 date=1257265037]
    That seems plausible. Definitely not looking too good. But why leave the dog locked in the car?
    [/quote]

Probably they didn't mean to be out long.  They just got out the truck to take a walk around the site a bit to check it out.  Maybe they didn't want the dog to get dirty because it'd probably jump up on the seats and what not.  Trivial stuff.

Thread Information