Thread: Lisa Jones, 19, Was Killed When Petrol Was Thrown Into A Chiminea At A Party

Lisa Jones, 19, Was Killed When Petrol Was Thrown Into A Chiminea At A Party

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...explosion.html

A teenager has died after being engulfed in flames when a friend poured petrol over a garden chiminea. Lisa Jones, 19, was stood next to the heater when fuel was thrown on to the open flame, causing an explosion. The former hairdressing student was engulfed in a fireball and suffered horrific burns during the tragic incident at a garden party hosted by her soldier boyfriend 11 days ago.

Despite fighting for life for nearly two weeks Miss Jones died yesterday at Wythenshawe Hospital in Manchester. The party is believed to have been at the house of her boyfriend, soldier Ryan Nightingale, 19, who was questioned by police after the incident. Mr Nightingale, a member of the Grenadier Guardsman who patrols Buckingham Palace, was released shortly afterwards by police, who referred the matter to a coroner. Neighbours of Mr Nightingale said the party was being held when he was back for a week of leave, and that as many as 20 people were in his small garden celebrating. One, who did not wish to be identified, said: ?They were having a party and they had a chiminea burning in the back garden. There were between 18 and 20 people there and it had been was going on since 7pm.

'They were throwing wood on the chiminea so I said: ?Listen put that fire out before someone gets hurt?... About half an hour later I heard the girl screaming and I ran out. It seems someone had put fuel for a car onto the fire and it had sparked back in her face. 'You could see instantly there were blisters all over her face. I rang the ambulance and then came out to wait for it. I went in and they were putting cold water on her. 'She managed to walk to the ambulance and she only had a mask on her face like a cooler. All her hair had gone and she was screaming whilst on gas and air in the ambulance. 'I heard her screaming. To me it looked like only the top half of her body was burnt, but when I spoke to Ryan he said she had full body burns. She wasn't the only one who got burnt either, Ryan got burnt too.' 'They had the coal fire and the table and chairs were right next to it. No one can say where she was stood. It was just a flashback. Ryan had all burns on his legs and the other girl burnt her feet.

oyfriend: The party was taking place at the house of Ryan Nightingale, Miss Jones's soldier boyfriend

'They took Ryan away about 9am the next morning after the crime scene investigation came to see what had happened. Miss Jones?s family were said to be ?devastated? last night. A close friend wrote on Facebook: ?Love you to pieces. I?m going to miss you so much Lisa. ?I love you so much. Why did you have to go? I literally cannot stop crying. I always wanted a little girl and she was my girl. She was my little princess. ?I just can?t make sense of it all. I refuse to believe she?s not here...? Lancashire Police described the tragedy as a ?very unfortunate accident?, and said the teen was standing near to the chiminea in the back garden of the house in Chorley, Lancashire, when someone else poured petrol on it.

A spokesman said: 'It appears an accelerant was poured onto the chiminea and the lady was standing close by when it went up. 'We are satisfied this was a very unfortunate accident. A 19-year-old man from Chorley has been interviewed under caution but was released while police conduct further inquiries into the tragedy. A file has been passed to the coroner.' That caused a flashback, setting fire to her clothing, and despite frantic attempts by onlookers to smother the flames, Miss Jones sustained ?full body burns.?

Family party: Miss Jones, right, was at the event held at the house of her boyfriend, 19-year-old soldier Ryan Nightingale, left

John Taylor, from Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: ?We offer our condolences to the family. The incident was a tragedy. ?We?re leaving further investigation to the police who are working out how the sequence of events unfolded.' Anita Lewis, hairdressing salon manager at the college in Rhos-on-Sea, where the teen studied said: 'Lisa was a bright and bubbly girl who was popular with both her classmates and her tutors. 'Our thoughts are with her family and friends at this sad time.' Lisa from Llanfairfechan, North Wales, was a former hairdressing student of Coleg Llandrillo college. Andrew Hinchliff, county councillor for Llanfairfechan, said: 'It's very sad and the whole community is taken aback. I was really upset for the family when I heard.' A fire service spokesman said: 'We can't stress enough how dangerous it is to pour petrol on things like chimineas, barbecues and bonfires'.

I can't believe she walked to the ambulance. Poor kid.

Ugh, that must have been so painful. Every time I've ever been burned, it was the worst pain I've ever been in, because it just never stops hurting.....I once had a horrible burn on my chest and I tried everything to help make the pain go and nothing would work. For a week I was in so much pain, and finally found something that worked. They were these gel like water pads. With that little burn being so painful to me, I cannot imagine my whole body being set on fire. I'm shuddering just thinking about it.

I wonder why they keep bringing up the boyfriend, yet a friend is the one who threw the fuel on it and not him? Is it just because it was his house? Just find it odd. Wonder if the friend who did it will end up getting charged, or sued by Lisa's family.

RIP Lisa, glad you are no longer suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information