Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooper Harris (22 months), left by father to die in a hot car after his father researched the time it takes for a dog to die in a hot car

I found an article from an investigator that makes some interesting points.
    After getting Harris’ statement, one of the first calls that an investigator would make would be to the daycare. The first question I would ask: “What is your procedure when children are supposed to be there but don’t show up?” Many daycares are hyper-vigilant about children being dropped off. Did the daycare call the Harris home or Harris at work wondering about the whereabouts of the child?
    The dad drove for a few miles before he noticed his dead son in the backseat. Huh. Wouldn't the smell be very bad in the car if the boy had been in there for 7 hours?

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/06/ch...r-harris-case/

Something is really off with these people. I get the heebies when I read statements they've made.

I also checked google maps for a street view of the parking situation at dad's work. It's an outside/open parking lot. I will almost bet money that he parked his car away from other cars at work.
    Here is dad's car
    Last edited by bermstalker; 06-30-2014 at 02:06 AM.

$10 says they have him on camera going out to his car and looking in the back seat. Home Depot stores have security cameras in the parking lot, I'm sure the headquarters where he works does, too.

It would explain why police keep mentioning an "object." The footage probably isn't clear enough that they could identify it.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    $10 says they have him on camera going out to his car and looking in the back seat. Home Depot stores have security cameras in the parking lot, I'm sure the headquarters where he works does, too.

It would explain why police keep mentioning an "object." The footage probably isn't clear enough that they could identify it.
    Yes, I think so too.

I suspect the mom will be arrested in the upcoming days. At this point, I believe both of them came up with this murder together. It seems like I read in one of the articles that it was mentioned that Cooper had been sleeping with them for the last 2 nights before he died. (maybe mom said that in her funeral speech) and I felt it was so strange to mention that your kid had slept with you and your husband for 2 nights. Does that mean that the kid was being cranky and whiny...and wouldn't sleep in his own bed? Did they get frustrated with the toddler in the terrible two stage?
    The last two nights of Cooper's life, he had trouble sleeping and ended up in bed between her and her husband, Leanna Harris said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/28/us/geo...ddler-funeral/
    Did people actually see Cooper that morning in the restaurant? I'm jaded enough to wonder if they killed him earlier and used the "hot car" to cover it up. The police really seem to be interested in the tox results.

Even if these parents make a mistake- they prove that they are too fucking stupid to have any more kids.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 06-30-2014 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I found an article from an investigator that makes some interesting points.
    In the comments section on CNN for an article about this, a woman posted that her kids go to the same day care chain and an employee told her that someone from Cooper's day care had tried to call dad's cell phone several times that day and he didn't answer. This poster did not know if the day care tried to call mom, though.

Yes, I think so too.

I suspect the mom will be arrested in the upcoming days. At this point, I believe both of them came up with this murder together. It seems like I read in one of the articles that it was mentioned that Cooper had been sleeping with them for the last 2 nights before he died. (maybe mom said that in her funeral speech) and I felt it was so strange to mention that your kid had slept with you and your husband for 2 nights. Does that mean that the kid was being cranky and whiny...and wouldn't sleep in his own bed? Did they get frustrated with the toddler in the terrible two stage?

Did people actually see Cooper that morning in the restaurant? I'm jaded enough to wonder if they killed him earlier and used the "hot car" to cover it up. The police really seem to be interested in the tox results.

Even if these parents make a mistake- they prove that they are too fucking stupid to have any more kids.
    I really hope they drugged the kid before he died so that he didn't suffer they probably did that because they didn't want to him to yell out while in the parking lot.

This whole thing makes me sick.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

That was my first thought. they killed him, either accidentally or on purpose; then to make it look like an accident staged the "forgot in car"

Could be worse I guess. A black dude could have kidnapped him and tossed him in the river...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    That was my first thought. they killed him, either accidentally or on purpose; then to make it look like an accident staged the "forgot in car"

Could be worse I guess. A black dude could have kidnapped him and tossed him in the river...
    Yea, all this "I forgot my kid in a hot car" stupidity is making things safer for me.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Again ... the child was alive at Chick fil A. LE has repeatedly said that they went inside, ate and came back out. I don't know how they know this ... cameras, I assume, or possibly employee witnesses, or both. Is it possible the dad slipped the boy something in his breakfast to keep him quiet in the car? Sure. I'm interested in the results of the toxicology tests. But the kid was alive at the restaurant.

Also, while I don't think the authorities have said which parent was supposed to pick Cooper up from day care ... even if the dad was supposed to, the average day care around here closes at 6:30 p.m., so we would have had time to meet friends for dinner or whatever then return to pick up Cooper. So I'm not sure that's really an issue aside from the fact that "meeting with friends" might have been part of his plan.

When my child was a baby and I still worked outside the home, I always called his day care to let them know if he wasn't coming. I'm not sure they would have called me if I hadn't let them know. Until LE says so, I wouldn't put too much credence in internet comments claiming the day care called the dad repeatedly. People totally make shit up.

Example: The KFC girl ... Someone commented on a news site that the "locals" who "witnessed" the incident at KFC said the grandma got mad at people for staring and was asked to leave for making a fuss (basically the exact same scenario I pondered in the thread here). Other people started copying and pasting that comment everywhere -- the GoFundMe page, Facebook, etc. Well, we now know that they were never even AT KFC, so that comment was a total fabrication. But many people treated it as fact. It's the same way the Jahi McMath cheeseburger story got started (which then morphed into the "Big Mac" story and is spread everywhere as if it's undeniably true).

I just don't believe anything said by anonymous folks on the internet who claim to have inside information. People are so full of crap.

And an interesting little tidbit: On Reddit, dude says he's deaf in his right ear, so I'm sure that will be used as part of his defense, since the baby was sitting over his right shoulder.

RoscoeUA 142 points 1 year ago
    Although I wasn't paralyzed, I had a bottle rocket explode in my ear that was shot by friend. It caused me to have vertigo/terrible balance and facial paralysis for long time, thankfully after two surgeries I have no outward issues, I'm just deaf in my right ear. We weren't really horse playing with the bottle rockets, just not shooting them correctly. Although we aren't close friends anymore due to other circumstances, I couldn't ever imagine bringing a lawsuit against her for the damage caused. So I greatly commend you, especially with such a worse accident
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...the_paralyzed/
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Yes, I think so too.

I mentioned that earlier in the thread because I read a comment on one of the articles where someone brought that up, but someone told me it was confirmed the child was alive at the restaurant for breakfast, and that he did die from being in the hot car all day.

Isn't the child too old to be in a rear-facing car seat? Since he was, it is possible the dad didn't see him at lunch when he put something in his car, as the car seat would be facing the other way, away from him. And if the car seat was usually left in the car after Cooper was dropped off, I can see why it wouldn't raise an alarm.

So the daycare tried calling his cell phone? Why wouldn't they call his work? A lot of places require you turn your cell phone off while at work, so if he didn't answer his cell, they should've called his work. Just my opinion.

Also, it kept popping into my head, I wonder if this has happened before? Maybe one of the parents or both have accidently left him in the car before, but not for long enough to do any damage (until this time). Or maybe they liked to leave him in the car while they ran into a store (instead of carrying a fussy baby/toddler in the supermarket) and that's why they researched on the internet how long a child could be left?

I'm still not 100% sure. Granted, there are more things that point to this being intentional than an accident. I just feel like,if it were some horrible accident, I would feel horrible accusing them of something like this after what they've already been through. Pretty sure once the trial starts, and we find out more evidence, it will be easier to pick a side.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

They recommend now to keep your child rear facing until they're 2, so that part makes sense.

I had/still have crazy fear about this when I travel for work and leave hubbs to drop off the kiddo. It's so easy to get in your routine, especially if the baby is sleeping, and just go to work as you normally do. Which is why whenever I traveled I would tell the daycare "Hubbs is dropping him off tomorrow, if you don't see him by 7:45am, call both of us"

But that being said, I don't think this was an accident, this was murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Isn't the child too old to be in a rear-facing car seat?
    The current recommendation is to keep a child rear-facing until at least 2 years but even longer is acceptable. Some folks object to it because they worry their kids will be uncomfortable, but, well, read this web page:

http://csftl.org/rear-facing-car-seat-myths-busted/

Man, my phone is totally dick-minded! It once turned "manis & pedis" into "Mani's penis".

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I also Wang to know if the so called friends he was meeting have concirmed his claim. I dong buy it.
    Your phone turned your t's into g's.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    Your phone turned your t's into g's.
    Really what it is, is that a lot of the time I fuvk up typing it in when I'm half asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    Really what it is, is that a lot of the time I fuvk up typing it in when I'm half asleep.
    I can see that

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I can see that
    OK, sometimes its not when I'm half asleep. Phone posting is also why I seem to regularly use the wrong version of "its/it's". My phone usually injects the apostrophe for other conjunctions, but not its. I have to really care if I want to edit, because placing the cursor in the right spot is a serious PITA.

I was all excited when I saw my new phone had voice to text and that it worked for MDS. Yeah, no. That was so much worse than my phone posts.

Quote Originally Posted by rps67 View Post
    The current recommendation is to keep a child rear-facing until at least 2 years but even longer is acceptable. Some folks object to it because they worry their kids will be uncomfortable, but, well, read this web page:

http://csftl.org/rear-facing-car-seat-myths-busted/
    At least 2 years *or* until the child reaches the manufacturer's stated weight or height limit on the seat. A lot go up to 40lbs now, I think a few even go as high as 45lbs. I rear faced several of my kids past the 22 year mark and they never complained about it being uncomfortable.

LOL @ Miller's dick minded phone. Mine is more duck minded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

It's bollocks when he says that he forgot about the kid. Hey, we've all been overtired parents, but pissing off and leaving a child in a car for so long is bullshit. I'm just not buying any of it. Even if he is miraculously telling the truth, they should still throw the book at him for being one of the stupidest living organisms to ever roam the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Feetprints View Post
    At least 2 years *or* until the child reaches the manufacturer's stated weight or height limit on the seat. A lot go up to 40lbs now, I think a few even go as high as 45lbs. I rear faced several of my kids past the 22 year mark and they never complained about it being uncomfortable.

LOL @ Miller's dick minded phone. Mine is more duck minded.
    Wow.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Feetprints View Post
    You have extraordinarily patient children.

I didn't see this posted (but may have missed it). I feel sick about this.

NEW police documents tendered to court reveal that the mother of a toddler, who was left for about seven hours to die in a very hot car, also researched how children can die of heat stroke in locked cars.
    Leanna Harris’ 33-year-old husband Justin Ross Harris, has been charged with the murder of his 22-month-old son Cooper, who was left trapped in his Hyundai Tucson with temperatures estimated to be 33C outside the SUV. Harris has also been charged with child cruelty.
    It is believed Cooper Harris died of hyperthermia.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...-1226972393313

It's just so stupid. OF COURSE kids can die in hot cars. It happens all the freaking time. If you were planning on doing this to your child and trying to get away with it, why would you need to research if it can actually happen? I'm so confused by this. Why would they DO that? And why both of them? You'd think they would want at least one of them to be in the clear if shit got serious afterward. Such a weird case.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Wow.
    Yeah, my 2 key sticks sometimes and I don't always catch it. Oops. But even Brianna was rear facing past 2 years and she's almost 13 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    It's just so stupid. OF COURSE kids can die in hot cars. It happens all the freaking time. If you were planning on doing this to your child and trying to get away with it, why would you need to research if it can actually happen? I'm so confused by this. Why would they DO that? And why both of them? You'd think they would want at least one of them to be in the clear if shit got serious afterward. Such a weird case.
    Right? Bleeeeh I need more information.

And even if they weren't planning to use that information to an evil end...were they hoping to find some magic number?

"Well, it says that kids can die in a car if the temperature outside is 88 degrees." *whips out thermometer* "See, it's only 86 outside. We can totally leave our son in the car. Safety first!"
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

I hate these so called parents. I beLIEve they are both conniving, evil, selfish baby killers.

Bring back The Chair, Georgia!

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thread Information