Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooper Harris (22 months), left by father to die in a hot car after his father researched the time it takes for a dog to die in a hot car

Even if he did do it on purpose, can they prove it? Internet searches are circumstantial at best. I google the most random stuff that could be skewed into something it isn't.

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to technology, so someone please help me out with this...so if I google an article, read it, and decide I want to read a link attached to that article, would you be able to tell if I put those search terms into my browser, or stumbled upon them through another search? Does that make sense?

I'm with you TOH (that was me that repped you) and jink, like I said a few pages back, I'm not certain he did do it on purpose. And the 27,000 in life insurance money for Cooper, please, that's not a lot of money all.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Even if he did do it on purpose, can they prove it? Internet searches are circumstantial at best. I google the most random stuff that could be skewed into something it isn't.

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to technology, so someone please help me out with this...so if I google an article, read it, and decide I want to read a link attached to that article, would you be able to tell if I put those search terms into my browser, or stumbled upon them through another search? Does that make sense?

I'm with you TOH (that was me that repped you) and jink, like I said a few pages back, I'm not certain he did do it on purpose. And the 27,000 in life insurance money for Cooper, please, that's not a lot of money all.
    It's a lot for a child, at least I think it is. It's not as if you're covering lost income etc. It's basically for just funeral costs.

I get that we all search weird stuff etc, I think it's more about when you put all of these "coincidences" and instances that can be seemingly explained away together, it looks pretty solid that it was intentional. The wife exclaiming that he left him in the car before they even discovered him. Another effed up instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

If you haven't read the WaPo article on this - its a good read- and helps identify some of the things that makes this case different than other hot car deaths.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...a52_story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

Yeah they can definitely tell whether you searched for something or just happened upon it and clicked on it. I've noticed that LE said he "visited" the child-free forum ... nothing about searching for it or anything like that ... but they specify he "searched" for info about children dying in hot cars. So I think it's likely he just happened to see it on Reddit and checked it out.

Also, the insurance info won't be allowed in the trial. From the pretrial stuff I posted the other day:

Cobb Superior Court Judge Mary Staley said she'll rule on the defense motions within the next two weeks. She did, however, give Harris' team a small victory Monday morning. Jurors will not hear about two insurance policies, totaling $27,000, that Harris had taken out on his late son, Cooper.

"Admittedly, this was not the main motive ... but it was a factor when you look at all the pieces of the puzzle in this case," Boring said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

ruh roh, one of his sexting buddies must have been under 18

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...xploita/nqdWJ/

Jury selection starts next Monday 4/11

http://www.mdjonline.com/news/justin...88e18ed99.html

There is a podcast called Breakdown they are covering this case.
    http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/so...260/sounds.rss

Leann was granted her divorce this week from Justin.

Now she's on the state's witness list. They haven't said they will call her
    http://www.mdjonline.com/news/justin...88e18ed99.html

I hate this story...that poor little boy strapped in and frying and calling for his bastard daddy I am sure.

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I want to throw up every time I see that freaking father's face. Eff that pig-nosed idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    If you haven't read the WaPo article on this - its a good read- and helps identify some of the things that makes this case different than other hot car deaths.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...a52_story.html
    That's a tearjerker. No doubt, taking calls while driving has made me miss my exit on the interstate or worse yet, auto-pilot takes over and I end up at work instead of the grocery store. I'm grateful cells didn't exist when my kids were young. I wish auto makers would come up with a safety feature that would alert if weight was detected on the seat. Sort of like how my air bag complains if I have something heavy on the seat and the belt isn't fastened. I don't know why auto lobbyists would reject such a thing. I would imagine it would be well received by many new parents.

I think the thing that clinches this case the most for me is that he took Cooper out of the car seat, ate breakfast with him, then put him back, and then only drove a couple of minutes to his work.

That very short amount of time is just too short for him to forget, even if this was not a normal routine.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/f...judge-t/nrFq7/

Judge grants change of venue in hot-car death case

The judge in the Ross Harris case this afternoon granted a defense motion to change the venue of the hot-car murder trial. The decision could delay the trial for months, even though jury selection in Cobb County Superior Court was almost complete.

Court administrator Tom Charron, a former Cobb district attorney, said earlier Monday that if the trial were moved, it would likely be delayed until fall and could cost the county an additional $100,000.

Whether that will be the outcome of today's ruling is not yet clear.

The attorneys for the two sides were unable to compromise as Cobb Superior Court Judge Mary Staley had hoped. The defense had complained that Staley qualified five jurors who were biased against their client. After the judge asked the two sides to collaborate on a solution, the state agreed to strike two of the five disputed jurors. The defense, feeling confident, insisted all on five.

The judge said that forced her hand. Media coverage has been "persistent, pervasive" and ultimately colored the prospective jurors opinions, Staley said.

Cobb District Attorney Vic Reynolds said, "While we're certainly disappointed, we understand and respect the court?s ruling. Whenever and wherever this case is set for trial, the state will be ready."

From earlier today:

The "perfect example" of the bias Cobb County citizens hold against Ross Harris, his lawyers argued Monday, may have been the prospective juror who told the court, "Even if I know it's unintentional, I'm still going to convict."

Harris, accused of intentionally leaving his son inside a hot car to die, faces malice and felony murder charges in a case his attorneys say cannot be fairly tried in Cobb. Defense lawyer Bryan Lumpkin asked Superior Court Judge Mary Staley to "err on the side of caution" by granting their motion for a change of venue, saying at least half of the jurors stated a bias against the former Home Depot web developer.

Noting the defense's doubts that an impartial jury can be found in Cobb, prosecutor Chuck Boring said, "We've already done it."

Lumpkin, invoking the death of Cooper Harris, said, "What we're trying to do is prevent another tragedy from happening."

Like the defense, the prosecution also cited numbers, particularly the 34 jurors the defense agreed were qualified. The state denied the defense's contention that police abnd prosecutors had deliberately inflamed public opinion in the case, saying the defense did its share to raise the profile of the case.

Forty-one jurors have been qualified by Staley. One more is needed to seat a 12-person jury, plus four alternates.

If the motion to change the venue is granted, the process would start anew, using another jury pool chosen from outside the metro Atlanta area. Once a pool of (presumably) 42 jurors are found they would be bused to Cobb for a trial.

"Simply put, I don't see how the court can be satisfied that these jurors, giving these opinions, these answers ... it's too much to ask Cobb County jurors to hope they can put their bias aside," Lumpkin said.

Before making her ruling, Staley asked for an exact calculation of how many challenges she didn't grant the defense and prosecution. She also agreed to review three of the jury questionnaires.
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Tupelo-i hope it goes to Haralson County heh.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAndy View Post
    Tupelo-i hope it goes to Haralson County heh.

You out there in Haralson?

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    You out there in Haralson?
    hell no, i am in Smyrna haha
    no one i know got called though

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAndy View Post
    hell no, i am in Smyrna haha
    no one i know got called though
    I was gonna say, man, you might as well be in Alabama, haha.

I think they'll move it to South Georgia ... somewhere below the Fall Line. Even Haralson is probably too close to the metro area. (Or maybe I'm totally wrong.)

I'm surprised the judge didn't decide to move it sooner. It seemed inevitable.

The breakdown podcast is covering this case if anyones interested

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/so...260/sounds.rss

I think saying something like 'I'm going to convict, no matter what' just sounds like someone who wants out of jury duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I think saying something like 'I'm going to convict, no matter what' just sounds like someone who wants out of jury duty.
    Yup.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/news...c27371807.html

I just moved to the Brunswick area. I need to get my address changed asap so I can get picked for the jury. This bastard is GUILTY!!!
    P.S. I probably won't get picked because of the above statement, but I hope the jury will find the evidence overwhelmingly in favor of his guilt.
    P.P.S. Why hasn't anyone killed this asshole in jail?!

There is a car seat that has an alarm built in.
    They have it listed as $149.
    http://www.evenflo.com/Products/Even...e_Embrace_DLX/
    ADVANCED SensorSafe™
    Embrace™ DLX

INFANT CAR SEAT

Upon arrival at your destination, the Evenflo SensorSafe™ Technology will generate a series of tones, reminding you that your baby is present in the vehicle. These tones are activated through a smart chest clip and wireless receiver. Additionally, the receiver will also notify you if the chest clip becomes unbuckled during transit.

The ADVANCED SensorSafe™ Embrace™ DLX offers added safety and peace of mind. When a simple reminder can save a life, it just makes sense.

SensorSafe Technology can also be found on the ADVANCED Epic™ Travel System.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I just moved to the Brunswick area. I need to get my address changed asap so I can get picked for the jury. This bastard is GUILTY!!!
    P.S. I probably won't get picked because of the above statement, but I hope the jury will find the evidence overwhelmingly in favor of his guilt.
    I'm really not trying to be a dick, but...

Yeah, please never ever serve on a jury, ever. I'm not saying the guy isn't guilty in this case, but you seem like the kind of person who would put innocent people in prison and/or on death row.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/news...c27371807.html

You should not be on this jury. You have already made up your mind, so why even present evidence and have a trial. I don't like the guy due to his sexting and preoccupation with sex and cheating, but I'm not sure he purposely killed his child. The article that Jinkasaurus posted changed my opinion from guilty to maybe just a horrible mistake. Granted, his dick was apparently doing all the thinking that morning and he was distracted, but I doubt he meant to kill this child. I'll be the first to admit that I have set out to the grocery store and ended up at work because I was distracted and my car had auto pilot. Leaving your kid in the car could be just a matter of being preoccupied. It shouldn't matter if his mind was in the gutter or if he was worried about something serious in life, he didn't intend to kill the child.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Quote Originally Posted by statro View Post
    I'm really not trying to be a dick, but...

Yeah, please never ever serve on a jury, ever. I'm not saying the guy isn't guilty in this case, but you seem like the kind of person who would put innocent people in prison and/or on death row.
    I have "served" on a jury as an alternate. The case though was declared a mistrial, because the defendant tried to commit suicide before the trial even started.

Thread Information