Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Darlie Routier convicted of capital murder in death of her sons Damon and Devon, 1996

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    This is a really weird, fucked up case. Is there any explanation about why she wasn't charged with her other son's death? The whole thing strikes me as very off....I can't tell whether I think she was involved or not.
    Bowie I feel exactly the same. After everything I've read and watched I just don't know anymore.

Looked at Darin's FB page posted above. Homeboy has had some work done. If someone can post up that pic and an old pic for comparison.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

There was a 48 hours on id tonight about this. I believe it's new. I recorded it and am now watching it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

I lied....I think I've seen this before. silly ID channel telling me it's new.

"Drake Routier, now 18-years-old, was taken from Darin by the state of Texas and brought up by his paternal grandparents. He visits his mother on death row".

This story is gonna be on CNN tonight death row stories

Quote Originally Posted by brumby View Post
    "Drake Routier, now 18-years-old, was taken from Darin by the state of Texas and brought up by his paternal grandparents. He visits his mother on death row".
    Drake has leukemia. Poor kid.

https://www.facebook.com/PrayersForDrakeRoutier
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

What happened that he was removed from father?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

it is in the boy's interest to be with his grandparents until he puts his life back together, he said. He now lives in the North Dallas suburb of Plano, and he said he doesn't have a home of his own and is in financial straits.
    http://lubbockonline.com/news/022397/routier.htm

It's very old, but maybe he just stayed with the grandparents the whole time...

I haven't watched it so I don't know if there's really anything new, but video at link

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015...-routier.html/

Last night, Susan Sarandon recapped Darlie Routier?s story on CNN?s Death Row Stories, which looks and sounds very much like something Robert Redford and Alex Gibney would have exec-produced. And, yet again, the question was asked: Was she perpetrator or victim?

Related Stories
    Court grants Darlie Routier DNA evidence testing
    DNA testing in Routier case won't offer indisputable truth
    For those who don?t recall the tragic events of June 6, 1996: Routier?s oldest sons ? 6-year-old Devon and 5-year-old Damon ? were stabbed to death in the family?s Rowlett home. Darlie also claimed she was nearly killed by an intruder, and that her life was spared only by the necklace that kept a butcher knife from reaching her carotid artery. But Dallas County prosecutors disagreed; so too a jury, which convicted Routier for stabbing Damon to death. (She was also charged with Devon?s murder, but that case never went to trial.)

A new book on Darlie Routier?s case (TCU Press)

Routier?s currently on Death Row in Gatesville, still maintaining her innocence. Meanwhile, her husband Darin?s living in Lubbock, having divorced Darlie in 2011; their youngest son Drake, who was upstairs with Darin on the night of the attack, would be around 19 by now.

Routier?s case is very much alive: Court records show that just last April, State District Judge Gracie Lewis ordered additional forensic testing on several items, including the infamous bloody sock, a baseball cap, a nightshirt and the knife. Those items now reside at the University of North Texas Health Science Center?s Center for Human Identification. Routier?s been pinning her hopes on those items since 2008.

Clearly, there?s renewed interest in Darlie?s case again: The CNN doc aired just months after TCU Press published, with little fanfare, Kathy Cruz?s book Dateline Purgatory: Examining the Case That Sentenced Darlie Routier to Death, which, like CNN, makes the case that Darlie was charged and convicted because she was ?Dallas?s Susan Smith,? referring to the woman who drowned her two young sons in 1994 and blamed it on a man who?d kidnapped her sons. You can read excerpts from Cruz?s book here.

And you can watch the full CNN show below. Warning: Given its hour-long length, and the ad before it, it takes the video a few moments to load. Be patient

Does Drake have a relationship with his mother? What's his thoughts on her guilt or innocence?
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell...Oscar Wilde

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    I have watched so many versions of this story and I'm with bowieluva on this one, I have no idea what happened. The bloody sock being found several houses away scares the piss out of me.

FOR more weird things about this case look :http://http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/HerProof/
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Yeah, that sock always stops me when I start to swing to the guilt side. Especially when I found out about the other unsolved Texas cases of women with kids being assaulted by an intruder who used socks from their homes to cover his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Yeah, that sock always stops me when I start to swing to the guilt side. Especially when I found out about the other unsolved Texas cases of women with kids being assaulted by an intruder who used socks from their homes to cover his hands.
    That the one thing that keeps me thinking its quite possible she is innocent.

This article was very interesting....https://hcnews.com/pages/justice_for...-routier-case/

Makes you say hhhmmmm..

This title of the thread is wrong. She was only convicted for one son's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Hey Blighted, I never heard of the Dardeen case. Do you have a link to a good article about it?
    Sorry to bump, I was in here looking for my post dates to try & find something I read at the same time on another forum (long story/too boring to explain)

& Sorry Nic!! Over a year later I finally respond. The weird thing is that I only know about the Dardeen case because it was covered in detail in a true crime book I read here in Australia in the 90s or early 00s. I've never forgotten what happened to that mother & baby & I never will.

Anyway, I CANNOT remember which book it was other than I'm 90% sure it wasn't about Tommy Lee Sells. I swore it was about Cesar Barone, but now I can't find the book or any mention of him being connected with the case online.

I will update if I ever find the book

I don't think she did it. Her neck was slit within millimeters of her jugular or corrodid, whatever. That takes a tremendous amount of skill to pull that off. I think with the adrenal flush she faced, there is no way she could have done it. But that is strictly my opinion. Also I am not sure if it is mentioned above but the prosecutor wrote a book, in it she states that Routier could not have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenobarbiedoll View Post
    I don't think she did it. Her neck was slit within millimeters of her jugular or corrodid, whatever. That takes a tremendous amount of skill to pull that off. I think with the adrenal flush she faced, there is no way she could have done it. But that is strictly my opinion. Also I am not sure if it is mentioned above but the prosecutor wrote a book, in it she states that Routier could not have done it.
    Really? I'll have to check that out. They're running an episode on Darlie on tv down here right now of some AWFUL crime show where they recnstruct the scene with fake blood & bodies in the murder house to supposedly "reinvestigate" the crime. I now know how much bullshit ALL the episodes are after hearing the crap they had to say about this case. Terrible, TERRIBLE show. Can't remember what it's called, it's got a sleazy, balding ex-detective & a chick that looks like Jodi Arias doing the "investigating".

Blerk.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Really? I'll have to check that out. They're running an episode on Darlie on tv down here right now of some AWFUL crime show where they recnstruct the scene with fake blood & bodies in the murder house to supposedly "reinvestigate" the crime. I now know how much bullshit ALL the episodes are after hearing the crap they had to say about this case. Terrible, TERRIBLE show. Can't remember what it's called, it's got a sleazy, balding ex-detective & a chick that looks like Jodi Arias doing the "investigating".

Blerk.
    Was it "Death Row Stories" by any chance?

If Darlie didn't do it, Darin did.
    You can't really go by :http://http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/HerProof/ because it's a for Darlie site.
    Here's an against site that also explains away all the evidence information listed on her pro site.
    http://www.darlieroutierfactandfiction.com/home.html

There is a ton of circumstantial evidence that fingers Darlie. Not just one or two pieces, but about 3 dozens pieces.
    Darlie told multiple conflicting stories. It was proven the window was broken from the inside and the screen that was cut was done so by Darlie's bread knife. No blood on the couch where Darlie was "resting" even though she had her throat sliced. Somebody cleaned blood up from around the sink area. The bruises on Darlie- it could be argured they didn't show up until 4 days later. The boy's cast off blood was on her nightshirt-front and back.

There's many more but the most important to me- The fact that the intruders stabbed 2 little boys viciously...for absolutely no reason, but they left the adults alive. They didn't steal the expensive jewelry or Darlie's purse that was laying on the kitchen bar.

Here's the reason why they only charged for one boy's death.
    http://murderpedia.org/female.R/r/routier-darlie.htm

Routier was ultimately convicted of murdering the younger of her two sons, and was sentenced to death by lethal injection. Prosecutors did not try Routier for the death of her older son, holding his murder in reserve in the event she was acquitted in the first murder trial or her conviction was overturned on appeal, as there is no statute of limitations on any murder charge in Texas.
    One other thing, Darlie's camp has been saying for the last two years that DNA is going to clear her name. I have yet to see where DNA has helped her case. I've heard nothing from them. It doesn't take 2 years for DNA results, and I just know if something new showed up in DNA, they would be singing that shit from the rooftops.
    The one DNA testing she had done....she requested that the court's seal it. (I got this page from an anti-darlie)

Here's the document where her side requested that the DNA results be sealed
    And here is a link to the full DNA results.
    https://youcouldbewrong.files.wordpr...2015103716.pdf

Last edited by bermstalker; 12-28-2015 at 02:10 AM.

I dunno, this case is really weird. I remain uncommitted to any feeling of guilt or non guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I dunno, this case is really weird. I remain uncommitted to any feeling of guilt or non guilt.
    I agree with you. This is a very weird case.
    I think she should get another trial... Just for the fact that the forensic expert that testified for the state was later found to have fabricated a lot of things in other trials.
    The assistant DA was accused of record tampering and was indicted for that. Plus, he's tacky. He did an interview once on Darlie and had a needle on display in his office. He was quoted as saying "If Darlie really is innocent, that just means I'm a damn good lawyer"
    There were a few other things that were used to taint the jury against Darlie. For example, the silly string funeral. The state showed that, but didn't show the video before that where Darlie actually showed real grief.

Even tho I think Darlie is guilty, we are talking about a woman on death row. I think the fact that there is so much evidence....and a lot of it is tainted, should be a good reason why she needs a new trial. I also think if she gets a new trial, the media should be completely closed off from it.

Thread Information