Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Darlie Routier convicted of capital murder in death of her sons Damon and Devon, 1996

I saw a show somewhere/sometime that was very pro Darlie. It may be one of these:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...Darlie+Routier

I just can't remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Re her injuries, this is possibly the worst bit of misinformation because the prosecution were so deliberate about spreading it

* "Superficial wounds" vs. "Superficial to"

This is where the "superficial wounds" story came from - The surgeon who operated on Darlie said her neck wound was

The surgeon used the word "superficial" in a medical sense to describe a wound that had penetrated the carotid sheath but was outside or "superficial to" the carotid artery. The prosecution took the word "superficial" from that report & twisted into something it was never intended to mean. Technically they weren't lying, the dr did say that wound was superficial, but anyone with a reasonable grasp of English can see that the context changes the meaning completely.

(Her mother-in-law has described bruising or cuts to her nipple immediately after in hospital- that was never photographed & now can't be confirmed).

The truth is that was pure chance that she survived. We're talking 2 milimetres, not centimetres, milimetres (or 0.0787 of an inch) of chance.

If one of the parents in Dennis Rader's cases survived, they could be in Darlie's position now. I'm sure you can all list random family murders. What if one of the Dardeen parents made it ?

I remember at the time (1997?) everyone but surviving family were convinced Russell Dardeen attacked his pregnant wife & 3 yr old son, then murdered his 7 wk premature baby daughter who was born on the floor while his wife was being raped & beaten -because that much overkill is personal & no-one would watch a tiny premature baby being born & then beat her to death unless they needed her dead. She couldn't testify, so it had to be a relative, because people don't just appear from nowhere & do shit like that.

Except they do.

Russell Dardeen's body was eventually found mutilated in a field. The case is still unsolved. Tommy Lynn Sells claimed responsibility for it but was never charged. He travelled aimlessly across the U.S committing crimes just like it. His name comes up often in Darlie's case due the similarities. I've read that he can be placed in Texas during the time period too but I won't state it as fact because I haven't looked at the source.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/200...ictims-mother/

The Dardeen case is that one case that really shook me to my core. The things that mother saw & felt before her death are unspeakable & fucking soul-destroying & I will never, never forget their story. It's the only time I've almost vomited reading a crime description - & I didn't even see the pix. I think my reaction was more shock at the cold cruelty than anything else.
    Hey Blighted, I never heard of the Dardeen case. Do you have a link to a good article about it?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I read something somewhere that Darin Routier claimed a few years ago that he tried to hire someone to break into their home in an attempted insurance scam. Anyone seen this? Bullshit or no?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I read something somewhere that Darin Routier claimed a few years ago that he tried to hire someone to break into their home in an attempted insurance scam. Anyone seen this? Bullshit or no?
    Yep, I read that in an article. He admitted that, just can't remember at what point he did say it. He also said that when he was planning it, it was going to be when the whole family wasn't home, though. I can't remember why he said he didn't go through with the plan...maybe he couldn't find someone to do it or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

In the same article it mentioned that police found his behavior at the intitial crime scene strange as well. Could he possibly have set Darlie up and all these years just kept the supportive husband act up to keep suspicions off himself? Hhhmmm...

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Yep, I read that in an article. He admitted that, just can't remember at what point he did say it. He also said that when he was planning it, it was going to be when the whole family wasn't home, though. I can't remember why he said he didn't go through with the plan...maybe he couldn't find someone to do it or whatever.
    This proves that the family was prone to being conniving
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

After reading several articles, Darin had a lot of reasons to want to get rid of his wife.

I still am riding the fence on this one because the explanation for some of the evidence could go either way. For instance the sock. It was found to have both of the boy's blood on it and Darlie's saliva. Scenario #1. The sock was used by the intruder and stuffed in Darlie's mouth. The boys' blood was already on the hand of the intruder the saliva came after. As a psychologist has stated, Darlie has blocked out some of the attack and doesn't remember the sock being in her mouth. Scenario #2. Darlie after stabbing the boys knew she had to cut herself in order for her story to work. She had some of the boys' blood still on her hands when she grabbed the sock to put in her mouth to bite down on when she caused the self inflicted wounds. It really is a toss up.
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 07-03-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Hey Blighted, I never heard of the Dardeen case. Do you have a link to a good article about it?
    The Dardeen murders were in 1987, no 97. There aren't really that many articles on it, but I found a Google Groups post where someone copied a couple of old articles about it. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...me/E966FHhuNAg

There are also several articles about Tommy Lynn Sells confessing to the crime. It has never been proved that he actually committed the murders and the case is still considered unsolved.

Forgot to add that it's interesting that you brought up the Dardeen case. I literally just drove past Ina today. That case was huge news in Southern Illinois and people still remember it today.
    And I didn't realize until I read that article that Elaine was from the town I grew up in.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    Forgot to add that it's interesting that you brought up the Dardeen case. I literally just drove past Ina today. That case was huge news in Southern Illinois and people still remember it today.
    And I didn't realize until I read that article that Elaine was from the town I grew up in.
    A good friend of mine lives in Ina. We were just talking about this case the last time we saw each other. there's pretty much nothing out there on it, you almost have to talk to someone who was living there when it went down.

Yes, I've read that in a few of the articles I was researching

After reading several articles, Darin had a lot of reasons to want to get rid of his wife.

I still am riding the fence on this one because the explanation for some of the evidence could go either way. For instance the sock. It was found to have both of the boy's blood on it and Darlie's saliva. Scenario #1. The sock was used by the intruder and stuffed in Darlie's mouth. The boys' blood was already on the hand of the intruder the saliva came after. As a psychologist has stated, Darlie has blocked out some of the attack and doesn't remember the sock being in her mouth. Scenario #2. Darlie after stabbing the boys knew she had to cut herself in order for her story to work. She had some of the boys' blood still on her hands when she grabbed the sock to put in her mouth to bite down on when she caused the self inflicted wounds. It really is a toss up.
    The sock was 75 yards down the alley.

And I agree. Darin had many reasons. He is a real fuckery character. His and Darlie's testimony about what happened that day don't even match.

Doctors did say the wounds were self inflicted and superficial

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    This is the blood map.

Here was the picture of her throat cut. You *could* say it looks like she could have done it herself

The Devil used to walk among us But Now he has a Bugatti and an iPad

Has anyone seen this? Death row documentary about darlie routier

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video...Darlie-Routier

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Has anyone seen this? Death row documentary about darlie routier

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video...Darlie-Routier
    Oooooh. No I haven't. Nice find!
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Olivia I watched it the other night. Love that show !

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    Olivia I watched it the other night. Love that show !
    Me too! I've series linked it. I read about the Routier case years ago and the show was a good refresher. I don't think I'd realised that one of the boys didn't die straight away and was crawling along the floor while his mother stood feet away on the phone

One thing I've never understood about this case is why only the 2 older boys?

This is a really weird, fucked up case. Is there any explanation about why she wasn't charged with her other son's death? The whole thing strikes me as very off....I can't tell whether I think she was involved or not.

Quote Originally Posted by brumby View Post
    One thing I've never understood about this case is why only the 2 older boys?
    That's what always made me question her involvement and not the husband. Darlie and the two little boys were sleeping downstairs in the living room. Darin and the baby were upstairs.

People were quick to jump to convict Darlie because she came off very pretentious. All the interviews I have seen with her, she has a very annoying personality. She always reminded me of Jewel, she annoys the fuck out of me too. Then there was that video at the boys gravesite that made people really dislike her. I didn't see where there was anything wrong with celebrating the child's birthday the way she did. It was honoring the child's life, but at that point anything she did would be interpreted negatively.

I am interested to see how this is going to play out. I have always side-eyed Darin. Things seem totally off kilter with him.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    This is a really weird, fucked up case. Is there any explanation about why she wasn't charged with her other son's death? The whole thing strikes me as very off....I can't tell whether I think she was involved or not.
    "Routier was ultimately convicted of murdering the younger of her two sons, and was sentenced to death by lethal injection. Prosecutors did not try Routier for the death of her older son, holding his murder in reserve in the event she was acquitted in the first murder trial or her conviction was overturned on appeal, as there is no statute of limitations on any murder charge in Texas. Routier's defense attorney, Douglas Mulder, was the prosecutor responsible for the wrongful conviction and subsequent death penalty (both since overturned) of Randall Adams in 1977. The Adams case is profiled in the documentary The Thin Blue Line" http://murderpedia.org/female.R/r/routier-darlie.htm

And from what I read Darin's comment to the police which made them suspicious was 'Well I guess this is the biggest thing that has ever happened in Rowlett'....

I think for sure she did it.

Also, seems like the surviving son has leukemia

https://www.facebook.com/PrayersForDrakeRoutier

Another thing I thought was bazaar was that in 2011 Darin filed for divorce: "Darin Routier stated that the decision to divorce was mutual and "very difficult," and that he still believes his wife is innocent. He went on to say that they decided on the divorce to move on from the "limbo" they've been in since her arrest and conviction" Like wtf? the "limbo" THEY'VE been in? Yeah right...

Drake Routier (the baby at the time) is currently fighting Leukemia https://www.facebook.com/PrayersForDrakeRoutier

Oops sorry Olivia, you beat me to it :)

It would really REALLY suck though if Darin was completely innocent...:(

Thread Information