Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaitlin Austin (16) and her brother Ethan (12) were shot and their deaths are suspected to be a murder/suicide

Kaitlin Austin (16) and her brother Ethan (12) were shot and their deaths are suspected to be a murder/suicide

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...murder_suicide

I'm surprised nobody had commented on this death already. I thought that the sister must have killed the brother, but it seems like it was the other way around.

The Benton County Coroner?s Office has released the autopsy results for a brother and sister who were found shot to death in Kennewick on Monday.
    The coroner?s office on Thursday said 16-year-old Kaitlin Austin died of multiple gunshot wounds to the head and torso.
    The office says 12-year-old Ethan Austin died from a single gunshot wound to the head.
    The coroner?s office says there is no evidence that another person was involved in the shootings.
    Andrew Austin found the children when he came home Monday. Andrew Austin is the boy?s biological father and the girl?s stepfather.

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/06/...wick-children/

Their obituaries -

Kaitlin Deborah Austin, 16, passed away at her home on June 9, 2014. She was born on June 27, 1997 in Richland, WA. Her parents are Andrew and Cynthia Austin, and she lived in Kennewick all her life.

Kaitlin aka Kate, Kadie, Kadia, Kaiduh, Kadie Bug, KadieBear, KK, Bloopy, was an honor student at Kamiakin High School. She was a beautiful, happy young lady, always with a smile on her face. She was smart and loved to challenge herself both athletically and in the classroom. She enjoyed pitching for Kamiakin High School Softball and the Washington Angels Organization. She was a three-time Kamiakin Brave Fastpitch WA State Champion and had received multiple athletic awards including Athlete of the Week, All-Conference and All-Area recognition. She enjoyed drawing, painting, and creating art, shopping, spending weekends hanging out with her favorite and much loved Papa and Meme, date nights and cuddling with boyfriend of 2.5 years David Marshall (SnuggleMuffin), sleepovers with Kassidy Arnold and Cassie Ramsey, and loved spending time at Curlew Lake with her family Sea-Doo'ing and boating. Most of all Kate had a very special relationship with her "Muthuh" and best friend Cyndi whom was her biggest fan. Kate was easy to love and be proud of.

Kate is survived by her mother Cyndi Austin, father Drew Austin, sister Rachel Austin, grandparents Debbie and Arvid Larson. Aunts and Uncles: Jodi and Mike Mahan, Keith and Holly Larson, Rick and Ann Austin. Cousins: Molly, Liam, Matt, Mason, and Marshall Mahan; Hayden and Parker Larson; Brian (Angela) and Matt Austin. In addition, she is survived by a large extended family.

She is preceded in death by her grandparents Ted and Shirley Austin.

A Celebration of her life will be held at the Kamiakin High School gymnasium on Thursday, June 19, at 5:00 P.M.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made at the HAPO Credit Union "Austin Family Fund."
    - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tri....qxaau6Ox.dpuf

Read more here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tri...#storylink=cpy

Ethan Andrew Austin, 12, passed away at his home in Kennewick, WA on June 9, 2014. He was born March 19, 2002 in Richland, WA to parents Andrew and Cynthia Austin. He has lived in Kennewick all his life.

Ethan, aka Nuggie, Nuglet, Smooch, Lover, Bubba, E-Man, Chip, was a student at Desert Hills Middle School. He was a kind and considerate young man. He was very outgoing, confident, friendly, and had a caring and loving heart. He was a member of the Kennewick First Presbyterian Church, Boy Scout Troop #148, Wyldlife-YoungLife, Tri-City Country Club Junior Golfers, and Practical Edge Junior Team. He loved deer hunting, waterfowl hunting, archery, fishing, camping, golfing, BBQ-ing, hiking, playing chess at lunch, playing the bass guitar in DHMS Band, attending church, dressing up in a tie and dress shirt every Wednesday for Tie Day (which he started at DHMS), going on weekly yogurt dates with Mommy, being with his cousins, spending time at Curlew Lake with his family Sea-Doo'ing, boating, and fishing, riding his bike and playing with his friends. Most of all, he enjoyed time spent with his dad, and best friend Drew, doing all the above activities together. He was the kind of son you would always hope for.

Ethan is survived by his mother Cyndi Austin, father Drew Austin, sister Rachel Austin, grandparents Debbie and Arvid Larson. Aunts and Uncles: Jodi and Mike Mahan, Keith and Holly Larson, Rick and Ann Austin. Cousins: Molly, Liam, Matt, Mason, and Marshall Mahan; Hayden and Parker Larson; Brian (Angela) and Matt Austin. In addition, he is survived by a large extended family. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tri....7Nv5TSxd.dpuf

Read more here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tri...#storylink=cpy

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Whoa

That's insane
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I wonder why he didn't shoot Rachel (his other sister), too?

Those poor parents....
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

If I had to guess, Kaitlin being the oldest was left in charge a lot. Told Ethan to do something he didn't want to, a fight ensues, anger issues pop up, "You're not my real Sister", *bang bang bang*. Realizes what he's done, panics, guilt and then shoots himself.

Just putting it out there as a possibility.

So super sad no matter the circumstances though.

I found this and made the whole thing even sadder ):

https://www.facebook.com/chavallos/p...03976947484326

Larry Chavallo
    10 de junio a la(s) 11:35 ?
    Last night I got news that my daughter that I haven't seen for 13 years had been shot to death. I couldn't believe it. Just recently I had been making contact with her after all these years in hopes to start beginning a relationship with her. She was a beautiful 16 year old girl that seemed to have everything going for her. school, softball, future college. I went to the Kamiakin graduation this last weekend, and was able for the first time in years to see her from a far. I watched her as she took pictures with the graduate she was there too see. I felt a butterflies in my stomach wanting to approach her so badly, and tell her that I was her dad, and I have waited so long to finally get too talk to her, and that I had a missing part of my life that she could fill. Instead; I backed off and walked away not wanting to stir up problems. And now today, I am sitting here wishing that I had choked it up that day, and at least said hi to her, so I could had heard her voice at least. My heart is broken that I will never get that chance again. my condolences to her mom, and their family despite whatever has happened in the past, and or anything that has been said. They didn't lose a child; they lost two children, the only children they had. I feel sad for them. I hope they can stay strong through this. My mom had her life taken on June, 26th 2002. Now my daughters life was taken on June, 9th 2014. It has been a struggle to try and forget my losses during the month of June. This didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by painappuru View Post

Larry Chavallo
    Last night I got news that my daughter that I haven't seen for 13 years had been shot to death. I couldn't believe it. Just recently I had been making contact with her after all these years in hopes to start beginning a relationship with her. She was a beautiful 16 year old girl that seemed to have everything going for her. school, softball, future college. I went to the Kamiakin graduation this last weekend, and was able for the first time in years to see her from a far. I watched her as she took pictures with the graduate she was there too see. I felt a butterflies in my stomach wanting to approach her so badly, and tell her that I was her dad, and I have waited so long to finally get too talk to her, and that I had a missing part of my life that she could fill. Instead; I backed off and walked away not wanting to stir up problems. And now today, I am sitting here wishing that I had choked it up that day, and at least said hi to her, so I could had heard her voice at least. My heart is broken that I will never get that chance again. my condolences to her mom, and their family despite whatever has happened in the past, and or anything that has been said. They didn't lose a child; they lost two children, the only children they had. I feel sad for them. I hope they can stay strong through this. My mom had her life taken on June, 26th 2002. Now my daughters life was taken on June, 9th 2014. It has been a struggle to try and forget my losses during the month of June. This didn't help.
    I wondered what had happened with her father as he wasn't listed in the obituary.

Quote Originally Posted by painappuru View Post

Larry Chavallo
    Well, crap. This is sad

I too wonder why Dad wasn't mentioned in the obit. If that's due to previous actions by him? Or motivated by a bitter Mom. Either way, sounds like he's hurting and did love her.

Larry Chavallo
    June 19 near Kennewick, WA
    SO! I NOW KNOW WHO IS THE SHIT STIR THAT HAS NOW INDIRECTLY CAUSED ME TO NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND MY DAUGHTERS MEMORIAL TODAY! "AND NO ERIN SCHELL IT'S NOT YOU!" IT'S FUNNY; HOW PEOPLE ARE SO BORED THAT THEY HAVE TO RELAY INFORMATION TO OTHERS THAT OBVIOUSLY WILL END UP BEING TWISTED, AND SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! WELL NOW DUE TO YOUR GOSSIPING i NOW WON'T BE ABLE TO GO TO THE MEMORIAL, I WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE THE PICTURES, AND VIDEOS THAT MIGHT BE SHOWN AT THE MEMORIAL. SOMETHING I COULD HAVE AT LEAST REMEMBERED. NO I WASN'T THERE, BUT I WANTED TO BE, AND THOUGHT THAT ONE DAY I WOULD BE ABLE TO BUILD SOMETHING WITH HER, AND TELL HER THAT I DIDN'T WALK AWAY FROM HER. I WAS BLOCKED ALONG WITH MY FAMILY FROM LIES, AND SPITE. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN NOW; AND I NOW CAN LIVE MY LIFE WISHING I WOULD HAD DONE THINGS DIFFERENTLY. KNOWING THAT SHE LEFT THIS WORLD THINKING WHATEVER PACK OF LIES IT WAS THAT SHE WAS TOLD. GREAT JOB GOSSIPERS! APPRECIATE IT! I'LL LEAVE YOU ON MY FACEBOOK LONG ENOUGH FOR YOU TO READ THIS, AND THEN YOUR COMING OFF! AND FOR ANYONE ELSE THAT IS REMOVED AS A CASUALTY; SORRY, NO HARD FEELINGS. "I don't really like all the football crap anyways" YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE THAT HELPED CAUSE THIS, SO YOU CAN JUST REMOVE YOURSELF BEFORE I HAVE TOO. AND BELIEVE ME. I SPOKE WITH ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS THAT NAMED YOU SPECIFICALLY.

I'm always amused why people feel the need to share this shit on social media. Be the bigger man and leave it. All it does is stir the shit even more. I don't think he should have even put that first post about not seeing her for 13 years and trying to get back in touch. AND CAPITAL LETTERS GET ON MY TITS.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetleftpeg View Post
    AND CAPITAL LETTERS GET ON MY TITS.
    I KNOW RIGHT? SO ANNOYING

Is there any articles with info on what exactly happened?

And I feel bad for the dad a little, but come on. He wasn't a part of her life, to the point where she didn't even know who he was. Seems to me her stepdad was more of a dad to her, which explains why she took his last name (I was confused at that at first). As a stepmother to my husband's son whose birth mom chooses not to be a part of his life and I fill that spot for him, this stuff really gets to me. He could've reached out to her any time in those 13 years and didn't. If he really wanted to be a part of her life, he could've. He could've fought and gone to court and gotten at least supervised visitation if there were other issues preventing him from having custody, but he obviously didn't because she had no idea this guy even existed (that's the impression I get, when he was saying how he wanted to come up to her and tell her he was her father). He even could've reached out on facebook as he has one.

Sorry, rant over. I am curious to find out the real story here. And they had another sister? How old?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Is there any articles with info on what exactly happened?

And I feel bad for the dad a little, but come on. He wasn't a part of her life, to the point where she didn't even know who he was. Seems to me her stepdad was more of a dad to her, which explains why she took his last name (I was confused at that at first). As a stepmother to my husband's son whose birth mom chooses not to be a part of his life and I fill that spot for him, this stuff really gets to me. He could've reached out to her any time in those 13 years and didn't. If he really wanted to be a part of her life, he could've. He could've fought and gone to court and gotten at least supervised visitation if there were other issues preventing him from having custody, but he obviously didn't because she had no idea this guy even existed (that's the impression I get, when he was saying how he wanted to come up to her and tell her he was her father). He even could've reached out on facebook as he has one.

Sorry, rant over. I am curious to find out the real story here. And they had another sister? How old?
    I am guessing that all they know is that the brother shot her first and then killed himself. There may not have been anyone else home, so everything else is a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I am guessing that all they know is that the brother shot her first and then killed himself. There may not have been anyone else home, so everything else is a guess.
    Yeah, I tried searching and couldn't find anything new. Last article I could find was posted June 13th, and it had the same info as some from the previous days. Couldn't find anything more recent than that.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

From what I remember, the whole town pretty much shut down around the story.

Both were pretty popular kids. Especially the girl and her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetleftpeg View Post
    I'm always amused why people feel the need to share this shit on social media. Be the bigger man and leave it. All it does is stir the shit even more. I don't think he should have even put that first post about not seeing her for 13 years and trying to get back in touch. AND CAPITAL LETTERS GET ON MY TITS.
    And a quick reading of the comments below THAT POST (yikes, those goddamned caps!) reveals it was directed to his sister.

Family dirty laundry, all aired on social media.

Someone just posted an interesting theory on the mds fb post about this - perhaps something was going on at home and the brother put them both out of their misery?

Someone just posted an interesting theory on the mds fb post about this - perhaps something was going on at home and the brother put them both out of their misery?
    It's interesting, sure. But judging by their FBs, nothing seemed amiss. And he was WAY in to guns and weapons. I still like my theory of her telling him to do something and him losing his shit without thinking. Then realizing what he had done. I know that I had to be in charge of my brother growing up and he would fight me all of the time when I had to tell him to do something. It would get nasty. He would plunge knives through my bedroom door and I would have to call a family friend to help. I shudder at what might have happened if there were a gun available

Possibly. I know a couple of retorts from the sister on the father's FB page indicated she was "embarrassed" and "humiliated" (pretty sure those were the words she used) about the entire situation and how the father needed to look at himself for the reason for the problems.

Interesting reading insofar as it goes but, as always, it's hard to glean all of the details from FB posting.

Man, I don't know what to think about this one. I can recall a time when I was about 17 and my brother was 11 or so. I was teasing him about this girl we knew and I kept singing a song about her being his girlfriend. Anyway, I had become bored of the teasing and sat at the bar area of our home while reading a magazine. All of a sudden, BAM. He was pissed and decided to throw a heavy wooden stool at the back of my head... HARD. It was seriously uncalled for and severely painful. Anyway, if I heard this story without knowing my brother I would say, "Wow, that kid was a psycho!" The funny part, however, is that he has always been a very zen and peaceful guy (he's now 25). He hasn't been in a fight in his life, doesn't tend to get involved in drama, etc. He just lost it one day (I admit, I had teased him several times before over this girl and he was definitely not interested in her) and snapped. Anyway, so I can see how a kid could snap over something minor and really regret it once it happened.

I am venturing a guess here...I think the murder suicide was unplanned and a result of a decision being made based on emotions. 12 year olds are very impulsive, and don't think about consequences to their actions.

My stepsister when to school with a kid that got into an arguement with his mother and went into his room and killed himself. The gun was his father's. He was 12 as well.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Growing up, it was just my brother and I. I'm 3 years older than him. We weren't allowed to fight, but as anyone who knows me will attest, my words can cause an impact.

I had this one thing that I would tease him about. I would tell him that he's adopted. Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy were his real parents. He would cry like a baby. He wasn't bright enough to see that they weren't human.

Ethan, aka Nuggie, Nuglet, Smooch, Lover, Bubba, E-Man, Chip, was a student at Desert Hills Middle School. He was a kind and considerate young man. He was very outgoing, confident, friendly, and had a caring and loving heart. He was a member of the Kennewick First Presbyterian Church, Boy Scout Troop #148, Wyldlife-YoungLife, Tri-City Country Club Junior Golfers, and Practical Edge Junior Team. He loved deer hunting, waterfowl hunting, archery, fishing, camping, golfing, BBQ-ing, hiking, playing chess at lunch, playing the bass guitar in DHMS Band, attending church, dressing up in a tie and dress shirt every Wednesday for Tie Day (which he started at DHMS), going on weekly yogurt dates with Mommy, being with his cousins, spending time at Curlew Lake with his family Sea-Doo'ing, boating, and fishing, riding his bike and playing with his friends. Most of all, he enjoyed time spent with his dad, and best friend Drew, doing all the above activities together. He was the kind of son you would always hope for.
    Wow, really? REALLY???

Crazy, crazy story. I wonder why no one is talking about it from their town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Until he grabbed a gun and murdered his sister.........

I hear ya Crickets.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thread Information