Thread: Shannon McClellan's (37) decomposing body found in car parked in Wal-Mart parking lot for three weeks

Shannon McClellan's (37) decomposing body found in car parked in Wal-Mart parking lot for three weeks

Need a name etc once it's released. Why do so many people chose walmart to die at? I think it may be because they think the stores are always busy so they won't lay there alone forever.

Authorities in Maryland are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found decomposing in her car in a Wal-Mart parking lot roughly three weeks after police say the woman died in that very spot.

The woman's body was found in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart in Elkton on Wednesday.

Police in Elkton are yet to release the woman's name as they continue to attempt to positively identify the remains. They have only said that she is believed to have been 37 years old and the vehicle in which she was found had a Delaware license plate.

Authorities say the woman's death doesn't appear to be suspicious.

'It doesn?t appear to be foul play,' Lt. Joseph Zurolo, an Elkton Police Department spokesman, tells CecilDaily.com.
    The body was found about 3 p.m. Wednesday by a groundskeeper who was mowing grass near a pond on the Wal-Mart property.

The groundskeeper reported smelling a foul odor near a 2002 Chrysler Sebring that was parked near the pond - suspiciously far away from the store and where most of the customers and employees park.

'We estimate that the woman?s body had been there for about three weeks,' Zurolo said. 'The car was parked in an isolated area of the Walmart parking lot. It wasn?t in the mix with all of the other vehicles.'

Surveillance footage from the store shows the woman pull into the parking space on May 29. Authorities say the footage shows her getting out of the driver's side door and moving to the back seat.

'The car never moves after that,' Zurolo said.

The woman's body was taken to the Maryland State Medical Examiner?s Office in Baltimore, where an autopsy will be performed, Zurolo says.

Authorities would not say whether the woman had been reported missing, citing the ongoing investigation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz35VZPtk6s
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Got out of the driver's side and went into the backseat? Maybe to shoot up drugs? Suicide or accidental? I was thinking at first maybe she pulled in to a spot because she wasn't feeling well and passed away sitting up in the driver's seat. But this whole getting into the back makes me wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    If I was going to commit suicide I probably would have gone to the back seat. Course, if I was gonna shoot up drugs I probably would have gone to the backseat as well. I bolded that because pulling into a parking lot to smoke a bowl is completely different than pulling over to shoot heroin. But if she/I was to purposefully overdose, I would choose backseat to lay down and go to sleep.

Just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Can anyone find any updates for this?

I've been following but there aren't updates. They are waiting for the medical examiner:

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...eeks/11053497/

Authorities in Maryland are waiting for the state medical examiner to identity a woman found dead in a car at Wal-Mart in Elkton ? three weeks after the vehicle was parked there.

The body was discovered about 3 p.m. Thursday by a groundskeeper at the store on U.S. 40 who noticed a foul odor and was searching for its origin, said Elkton police spokesman Lt. Joseph Zurolo.

The odor led to a silver 2002 Chrysler Sebring which was parked in an isolated place in the lot adjacent to the retention pond.

The groundskeeper then went to store managers, who notified police, Zurolo said.

Arriving officers and emergency personnel found the decomposed body of a woman lying in the back seat of the vehicle.

The remains were taken to the Office of the Maryland State Medical Examiner in Baltimore for autopsy.

Zurolo said a review of the store's surveillance video showed the car pulling into the lot on May 29.

"We can see a woman get out of the driver's side of the car and get into the back seat and is not seen again," he said.

No foul play was involved, Zurolo said.

The victim may be a missing woman previously reported to police, he said, not releasing further details.

"We're not sure, but it's possible," Zurolo said.

Anyone find a fb for her?

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...cide/12672539/

The Maryland State Medical Examiner has ruled the death of a missing Rising Sun woman last month a suicide, police said Tuesday.

The victim, identified as 37-year-old Shannon McClellan, was found dead June 18 inside a silver 2002 Chrysler Sebring parked in the lot of the Wal-Mart store on U.S. 40 in Elkton for about three weeks.

The vehicle, which was discovered by a store groundskeeper, was parked in a remote area of the lot near a retention pond. A foul odor was coming from the car and the groundskeeper notified store managers, who notified Elkton police, Lt. Joseph Zurolo said.

Inside the car, the woman’s decomposed body was found lying in the back seat.

Zurolo said officers reviewed Wal-Mart’s store surveillance video and discovered that the car pulled into the lot May 29.

The video showed that the woman got out of the driver’s side and into the back seat. She was never seen again on the video, Zurolo said.

Police were able to initially identify McClellan from the vehicle registration and from the fact that she was reported as missing on June 6.

“Due to the extensive state of decomposition amd dehydration, the medical examiner could not determine an exact cause of death,” Zurolo said. “But officers found prescription bottles on the scene.”

He said from the evidence recovered officers were then able to determine when the prescriptions were last filled and how many pills McClellan may have ingested.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Sounds like suicide in Wally world parking lot to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Thread Information