Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Oh Florida...

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    No, not 'go to a movie screening'. They went out back to a lagoon and went wading/swimming in it at night. Dumb move. As you said, gators live in every body of water in Florida. This family wasn't sitting on the shore minding their own business and watching a movie, they broke the rules and went into the gator's territory in the dark. I wouldn't advise that for a grown adult, let alone a small child that can easily be pulled away from the shore in a second.
    Eh it's dumb but I'm sure they literally had no idea. I just had a friend message me saying 'jesus I didn't realize alligators lived anywhere but swamps and lakes'. If you look at the pics, it looks like a totally man made thing in Disneyworld so I can see why people would assume it was protected.

I feel fucking horrible for these people.

Anyone need an alligator purse or boots? They have caught 5 gators in the lagoon and they're going to euthanize them to see if any of them had anything to do with the missing child.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I can totally see this. I said in the other thread that I feel that sometimes people feel like the plasticness of Disney expands out over the whole state and protects them while they are visiting. I can see it...Disney does such a great job of making it seem so warm and happy, it's easy to let your guard down, especially when you don't know the dangers in the first place.

I can't imagine coming on vacation to the 'happiest place on earth' and losing your baby. I feel really awful for this family and can't imagine how they must feel right now.
    I think the same is true for many other tourist destinations. Savannah for example has a high crime rate, but I guess the tranquility of the historic district masks all the violence in that city.
    Also, one of the victims in the Pulse night club shooting was on vacation with her family when she was killed. That is truly heartbreaking.

They found the child's body. :'

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    They found the child's body. :'
    *:'(

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/all...ida/index.html

I mean, that was literally the only possible result.

At least the kid wasn't ripped up and eaten.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    In truth there are signs posted everywhere around the water on the property that say to be watchful for gators. The lake is man made, but huge, and over the years the gators have increased in number considerably. They are silent hunters, and they are attracted by movement close to or at the shoreline. And just like sharks, they hunt mostly at night. But they were in paradise, on vacation with their kids and probably thought nothing of it. Poor little thing. Talk about a tragedy. Ugh.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    In truth there are signs posted everywhere around the water on the property that say to be watchful for gators. The lake is man made, but huge, and over the years the gators have increased in number considerably. They are silent hunters, and they are attracted by movement close to or at the shoreline. And just like sharks, they hunt mostly at night. But they were in paradise, on vacation with their kids and probably thought nothing of it. Poor little thing. Talk about a tragedy. Ugh.
    Puke mentioned that the signs don't warn about alligators. They just say "No Swimming".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    So like...if the lagoon is man-made...can't they add something to the water that is anti-alligator? I mean with as much shit as they add anyway to make it all magically neon blue, isn't there some sort of alligator deterrent? Hell...even if it killed the alligator it's not like they aren't doing that now to every single one they find.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    So like...if the lagoon is man-made...can't they add something to the water that is anti-alligator? I mean with as much shit as they add anyway to make it all magically neon blue, isn't there some sort of alligator deterrent? Hell...even if it killed the alligator it's not like they aren't doing that now to every single one they find.
    No. I lived in Orlando and literally all the pools had to be netted and shit to keep alligators in. And alligators are protected.

This kind of event is very uncommon. Usually it's just household pets at risk. If an alligator makes its way to your pool, it's generally relocated to the Everglades. Unfortunately, alligators have a built in homing radar and sometimes travel hundreds of miles to go back to your pool.

Florida fucking sucks.

http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/ma...lligator/facts

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    No. I lived in Orlando and literally all the pools had to be netted and shit to keep alligators in. And alligators are protected.

This kind of event is very uncommon. Usually it's just household pets at risk. If an alligator makes its way to your pool, it's generally relocated to the Everglades. Unfortunately, alligators have a built in homing radar and sometimes travel hundreds of miles to go back to your pool.

Florida fucking sucks.

http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/ma...lligator/facts

Yeah my cousin lives in a golf club community in Jacksonville, and they're not allowed to have any outdoor pets because of the gators.

And really, you're just as likely ... if not more likely ... to get attacked by a shark in the ocean in Florida than an inland alligator.

I still Florida, though. Counting the days til our July trip to Jax!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Wait...netted to keep them IN or OUT?

Guess I just fucking hate Disney and want to blame them.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Wait...netted to keep them IN or OUT?

Guess I just fucking hate Disney and want to blame them.
    Well. They euthanize them instead of relocating them. Probably because it's cheaper. Ya know, since they're strapped for cash.

Did I help?
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Well. They euthanize them instead of relocating them. Probably because it's cheaper. Ya know, since they're strapped for cash.

Did I help?
    1. Properties are netted to keep alligators OUT. However, life, uh, finds a way.
    2. Euthanizing alligators is considered a last resort or only necessary if they're specifically looking for someone, because they're threatened species. Relocating them is by far the more common solution, and it's done by animal control with no fiscal impact to the property owners, be it me or Disney. The reason they were going to euthanize the gators in this case was because they were looking for evidence of the child. Also, if an alligator eats a kid, it gets a taste for it and poses a threat to everyone.

Shooting in Fort Lauderdale airport. 5 dead. 8 injured.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/06/us/for...ent/index.html

I guess this goes here since it will mean the death of this thread if it's true

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...elizabeth-rush

Rising seas: 'Florida is about to be wiped off the map'
    Sea level rises are not some distant threat; for many Americans they are very real. In an extract from her chilling new book, Rising, Elizabeth Rush details how the US coastline will be radically transformed in the coming years <<snipped>>

https://www.wxyz.com/news/national/-...-kids-at-beach

And Now This

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. — A Florida woman was arrested on Monday afternoon after deputies say she attempted to kidnap two children at the beach.

Sarah Freeman was taken into custody at a Volusia County beach park after two parents reported they had to pull their kids away from her.

According to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, the 34-year-old Freeman approached a woman and said, “This isn’t a Florida trip you’re going to want to remember,” then tried grabbed the woman's 7-year-old daughter by the towel she was wearing.

The mom, who is also six months pregnant, reacted quickly and pulled her daughter back, but Freeman hit her during the struggle, deputies say.

Then Freeman allegedly approached another parent who was with his 5-year-old son. She reportedly hit the man in the back with the stick, grabbed his son by the arm and started to walk away, saying, “It will be all right. He’s not your dad.”

The father intervened and was able to get his son back. He took his son back to his truck, where Freeman allegedly tried to force her way in through a passenger window.

Another witness said Freeman then turned to her and said, “I’ll just take your kid, then.” That parent and her child went to their vehicle and locked their doors.

Deputies were quickly able to identify and locate Freeman who was taken into custody without incident.

Once in custody, she "mumbled and made unintelligible statements to a deputy, who noticed she appeared to be under the influence of some unknown substance," VCSO said in a press release.

Freeman was charged with two counts of attempted kidnapping and one count each of aggravated battery on a pregnant victim, burglary of a conveyance and battery. She was being held without bond Monday evening at the Volusia County Branch Jail.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    You do know you don't have to post every news story that is written every day, right?

Forget Florida Man & Florida Woman, now we have Florida Cow/s.

I guess they were all hopped up on the smell of fear & police uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    You do know you don't have to post every news story that is written every day, right?
    Lmfaoooo.

Well, there are some news stories this person missed.

KambingSociety....you missed a bunch of stories, you need to post ALL news for us to enjoy! Please try and do a better job!

Why isn't this KambingSociety person posting in the other parts of this website? If this person doesn't have the $$$ to pay for a mds membership I will gladly pay the fee for him/her so they can contribute to the members side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    I know y'all love that gif of Bugs sawing off Florida. But ... no! Here's why:

1. Nobody wants to vacation in extreme South Georgia. Trust me. (Florida's coastline is almost three times the length of the coasts of Ga., N.C. and S.C. combined. The loss of Florida would wipe out a lot of beach.)

2. Palm trees. I fucking love palm trees.

3. Florida is a great hurricane buffer for us Georgians.

4. With Florida gone, Floridians -- and all of their crazy -- would naturally head north. (We don't need anymore Gator fans around here. This is Bulldog country.)

Florida stays!
    1. There are a lot of people that come to my area to vacation and I live in SE GA.
    2. We have palm trees.
    3. True
    4. UGA sucks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Florida man shoots, kills 8-year-old girl's puppy from balcony, police say
    https://www.wltx.com/article/news/lo.../101-600034685

De La Ros used a pellet gun to shoot the puppy from the balcony, police said.

Police said the puppy’s owners weren’t sure what happened when Princess started bleeding from her mouth. A Pembroke Pines Police Officer happened to be driving in the area and saw the whole thing.

Princess was taken to an animal hospital where exams showed the pellet had been shot through her chest and killed her, police said.

Davie police said Princess belonged to the couple’s eight-year-old daughter.

De La Ros was arrested for felony cruelty to animals, police said.

Thread Information