Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boy(6) & girl(7) stabbed in NYC elevator, boy dies, possible serial stabber

Boy(6) & girl(7) stabbed in NYC elevator, boy dies, possible serial stabber

The Boy passed away from his injuries.
    And there is a possible connection to an 18 year old girl who also was stabbed a couple days earlier, for what seems ZERO reason.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...oklyn/9890429/

NEW YORK (AP) - Police were searching Monday for an unidentified man who stabbed and killed a 6-year-old boy and critically wounded a 7-year-old girl as they rode an elevator up to a Brooklyn apartment to get ice cream.

The New York Police Department flooded the East New York neighborhood with extra officers to assist in the manhunt and reassure frightened residents. Police described the attacker as a stranger who chose the victims randomly.

"This is particularly heinous crime," Police Commissioner William Bratton said. "Two young children in an elevator with no place to escape, nothing at all, and some character gets on and just starts stabbing them? ... (Residents) have every right to be concerned."

He added: "We're going to get this guy."

Before the attack at about 6 p.m. Sunday, the boy and girl had been playing together outside a city housing project under adult supervision. According to relatives and witnesses, they went inside alone to get some ice cream from the boy's sixth floor apartment when they were cornered by a heavyset man in his 20s.

The man used a steak knife to stab each child multiple times, police said. He fled on foot, leaving behind the knife.

Officers summoned to the scene found the boy, Prince Joshua Avitto, in the elevator and the other victim, Mikayla Capers, just outside the building, police said.

Avitto was pronounced dead at a hospital. Capers remained hospitalized in critical condition Monday.

"Thank God, Mikayla Capers is alive," Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday following a separate event. "She is getting exceptional care. We are hoping and praying she can pull through."

Asked about reports that there were no security cameras in a building located in a neighborhood that's seen a recent spike in violent crime, the mayor said the City Council would get an update on public housing security efforts later this week.

"The bottom line is, Commissioner Bratton was already in the process of moving a substantial number of police in the areas where we've been having troubles," he said.

Police were investigating whether the same man may have fatally stabbed an 18-year-old woman on Friday a few blocks away. A similar knife was recovered at the scene of that slaying.

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the assailant. He warned parents to keep a closer eye on their children "until this sick mind is caught."

here is a sketch of a suspect:

It just breaks my heart to even have to post these babies' pictures on here. Ugh, what is this world coming to?

Police are looking for a man who attacked two children in an elevator, stabbing a 6-year-old boy to death and critically injuring a 7-year-old girl, in what appeared to be a random attack days after he may have also brutally stabbed a teenager nearby.

The suspect, who is still on the loose, attacked the children with a steak knife at around 6 p.m. Sunday in the building on Schenck Avenue in East New York, police said. They were both stabbed in the torso, and were believed to be going outside to get frozen treats.

Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said Monday that the suspect was a husky man wearing a gray sweatshirt as he fled eastbound. There were no video cameras at the housing complex, he said.

"There is a massive effort underway to find the perpetrator," Mayor de Blasio said.

Police are looking into whether the suspect may be the same person who stabbed a teen to death a few blocks away on Friday night. Investigators are reviewing what Bratton said is grainy video of that stabbing.

In the Sunday attack, the boy, identified as Prince Joshua Avitto, was found near the elevator and the girl was found just outside the building.

The little boy nicknamed PJ, whom friends and relatives described as "the sweetest of boys," was to turn 7 on June 17. Now his family is planning a funeral instead of a birthday party.

"No parent should have to go through this. He killed my baby," his mother wailed as she fell into a friend's arms outside the hospital.

The little girl, identified as Mikayla Capers, has a collapsed lung and is fighting for her life, her family said.

On Monday morning, Prince's devastated father put on his son's backpack and retraced the steps his son would have walked to school.

"I don't know why someone would do that to a 6-year-old boy," said Nicholas Avitto at a community vigil later in the evening. "My little son. My pride and joy. My life, my livelihood, my existence to live for is gone."

City Councilman Charles Barron called the stabbings "one of the sickest crimes" he's seen in the area in a long time.

Dozens of officers have been assigned to the corner of Schenk and Stanley avenues in one of New York's most violent neighborhoods as part of the investigation.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...261456871.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

This kid was 6 and just days away from turning 7. Exactly the same as my youngest. He's 6 and will be 7 this month. How can someone do this to a kid??!
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    WHY? What the hell did these kids do to deserve this?!

They're precious in their photos. I hope they find this guy and burn him at the stake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

its scary because it seems he's an opportunist - just coming upon young, seemingly defenseless kids and just stabbing them.
    my brother-in-law is a brooklyn detective, in a different neighborhood, but he's all about finding this asshole.

So he's a serial baby stabber? Tough guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    here is a sketch of a suspect:

this is the boy's uncle. I don't know why, but they look similar to me.

s...same cat?

same cat.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I don't think they look alike

The noses are different and thinner face. Depends on how accurate the sketch is I guess.

Both of the above articles that Beli posted said the man was heavy set. I think the uncle did it. I think he killed the 18 year old and suspected that the children either heard or saw something connecting him to the crime. I also think he was the adult "supervising" the children that day.

Or not probably not.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 06-03-2014 at 09:56 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I just thought it was weird that his photo was posted on that article. Am I missing where he was talked about in the article? They only have his name, Lamar King, posted under the picture

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1813398

This says Lamar is Mikayla's uncle & that a man fitting the released description was taken into custody at 9.30pm (can't copy, sorry)

http://pix11.com/2014/06/01/two-7-ye...l-in-brooklyn/

This one also says he was Mikayla's uncle, & that she was conscious and speaking - I know kids sometimes cover for attackers they know, but I'm not confident saying that's definitely happening here. I mean stranger things have happened, but there were other witnesses from what I can gather, so if it was the uncle you'd think they'd point out that the attacker was hanging around giving interviews?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/02..._r=0&referrer=

Sophia Diaz lived near the boy, who was known in the neighborhood as P.J. She was inside her apartment when she heard someone call her, saying that Mikayla had been stabbed. She rushed outside and saw the girl bloodied, then heard screams about P.J. also being stabbed.

? ?Did P.J. die?,? ? she said the girl asked Ms. Diaz?s sister in the ambulance. ??Why did this man hurt me??? Ms. Diaz?s sister said Mikayla was stabbed in the chest and had cuts on her hand.

Chief Conry spoke briefly at a news conference at the scene that Police Commissioner William J. Bratton attended. People gathered at the scene were embracing each other, crying and shaking their heads.

?That mother lost a child, but we all lost a child,? said Clara Woods, the vice president of the Boulevard Houses Tenant Association. ?This is a happy little boy. This is a pleasant little girl. They were going to get an Icee on a nice warm day,? she said in disbelief. ?When something happens to one, it happens to us all.?

Lemar King described Mikayla as a niece. She lives with her aunt, who was in their apartment at the time, Mr. King said.

?She loves to draw and she?s a chatterbox ? talking, talking, talking, talking,? he said.

The children had been best friends since they were toddlers and had grown up together in the Boulevard Houses, he said. The girl was visiting P.J.

Kevin Velez, a neighbor, described seeing the boy?s mother run after his ambulance and bang on the door, begging to be allowed to ride with him. The medics would not let her in, he said.

Ms. Diaz drove the boy?s mother to the hospital. After the mother was told that P.J. had died, she asked to see his body. When she saw that the boy had stab wounds in his neck, she began hugging him. ? ?He was just a baby. He was just a baby,? ? she cried, according to Ms. Diaz.

?To see them come out and tell her he didn?t make it ? ? Ms. Diaz started sobbing. ?His birthday is June 17. He didn?t even make it to seven years old. How could a grown man who was as big as they say he is find it in his heart to do that them? When P.J. is only 40, 50 pounds??

Mr. Velez?s daughter, Ciaralyn, said the children were her playmates. The girl likes to jump rope; the boy liked pretending he was a superhero. ?I feel really heartbroken right now, because they were my friends,? she said
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-02-2014 at 10:27 PM.

What a sick story. I hope this maniac monster is caught and off the streets before he maims or kills anyone else. I wonder if he is just plain evil or Schizo.

The Uncle looks just like the suspect. What beautiful children.

I hope Mikayla is strong enough to pull through.

Godspeed, Prince Joshua

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Maybe it was self defense.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Ron, where were you at approximately 6pm on Sunday evening?

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Ron, where were you at approximately 6pm on Sunday evening?
    Are you saying I look that fat?

the sketch doesn't look that fat!

you know what they say, criminal sketches add at least 10 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    the sketch doesn't look that fat!

you know what they say, criminal sketches add at least 10 pounds.
    You're just trying to make me feel better.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    looks nothing like Ron. Does look a LOT like Lamar though.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

NYPD detectives arrested a 27-year-old parolee Wednesday night in connection with the fatal stabbing of a 6-year-old boy and the wounding of a 7-year-old girl in Brooklyn on Sunday, officials said.

Daniel St. Hubert was captured less than a half-hour after the NYPD released his name and photo Wednesday night, police said.

St. Hubert, whose last known address was in East New York, was taken into custody by NYPD detectives just after 8 p.m. in the vicinity of 145th Street and 133rd Avenue in the confines of the 106th Precinct in Jamaica, Queens, police said. A law enforcement source said the ex-con had some associates in that area and detectives were staking out the location.

The source, who didn't want to be identified, said that St. Hubert, who was only paroled from state prison on May 23, was in possession of an 8-inch kitchen knife similar to one used in Sunday's attack.

When approached by detectives, St. Hubert offered no resistance and didn't brandish the knife, the source said.

St. Hubert was sought in the fatal stabbing on Sunday afternoon of Prince Joshua Avitto, 6, and critically injuring with a knife his playmate Mikayla Capers, 7, as the children were in an elevator on their way to get ice cream at Boulevard Houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant. Police also said he was a possible suspect in the Friday fatal stabbing in Brooklyn of Tanya Copeland, 18.

St. Hubert's arrest followed a day of fast-paced developments in the case.

Earlier Wednesday, Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said the case had a major development just two hours before he briefed reporters along with Police Commissioner William Bratton. Then at around 7:45 p.m. Bratton, Boyce and Mayor Bill de Blasio named St. Hubert as a suspect in the two stabbings and asked for the public's help in finding him.

"We have not ruled him out in the Friday stabbing," Bratton said during the news conference at police headquarters in Manhattan.

St. Hubert was paroled last month in a domestic violence case for which he served 5 years in prison, police said.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york...ings-1.8338120

From what I heard on the news he may have been involved in another stabbing yesterday morning.

thats a pretty spot on sketch.. looks like he shaved his head so that he wouldnt be recognized.

What the ever loving fuck.

I KNEW the Uncle didn't match the sketch. But sketches are "sketchy " so anything is possible. I just didn't get that vibe. Crazy that it was random. Even scarier as well

he def shaved his head to not be recognized, because i just saw a pic of him in court and his hair is growing in.

Thread Information