Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Two 12-Year-Old Girls Stabbed Friend 19 Times In Planned Attack, Police Say

Morgan Geyser's rare, early-onset schizophrenia will certainly worsen, and intervention is the best way to at least mitigate the symptoms, a psychiatrist testified Thursday, but so far, she hasn't received any treatment for the disease.

The testimony came during the second day of a hearing on whether the 13-year-old should be transferred to juvenile court in the Slender Man stabbing case. On Wednesday, testimony revealed that Geyser's father was also treated for schizophrenia as an adolescent.

Kenneth Robbins, who had evaluated Geyser soon after her May 31, 2014, arrest and again this month, said her delusions and hallucinations seem to be getting more severe. Though diagnosed last year with schizophrenia, she has told numerous professionals she does not want medication because it might make her "friends" — fictional characters from Harry Potter and Slender Man — disappear.

Robbins detailed how if Geyser were ordered to take medications, she might begin to later understand — through other psychiatric treatment like talk therapy and skills training — that she's better off without the symptoms she now suffers.

He said Geyser's high intelligence might help her in treatment. But for now, she doesn't want to believe she's ill, Robbins said. He repeatedly said he doesn't believe she is "malingering," or faking her conditions, because her behavior has been consistent over more than a year.

He said there is no chance her disease will ever disappear, and she will begin losing her interests and executive functioning skills. He said he thinks Geyser would qualify for an insanity defense because he believes she was acting under the delusion that Slender Man would harm her or her family if she didn't kill sixth-grade classmate Payton Leutner.
    More at the link
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/p...308201371.html

i'm confused by this:

On Wednesday, testimony revealed that Geyser's father was also treated for schizophrenia as an adolescent.
    like what, he was treated and now he's all better? um. i don't think it works that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

They probably mean that her father was diagnosed as an adolescent rather than in his early 20's as is more common.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Yep I'm thinking both were Dx'd with early onset or childhood schizophrenia especially since there is most likely a genetic component.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i'm confused by this:

like what, he was treated and now he's all better? um. i don't think it works that way.
    I thought that was weird too. Another article says that he's currently on disability due to his condition, which makes a ton more sense.

Going to be tried as adults

http://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeorg...pho#.dqn4L66Xv

Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier, who were both 12 years old when they allegedly stabbed their friend in May 2014 in Wisconsin as a way to impress the internet meme Slender Man, will face trial as adults.
    Waukesha County Circuit Judge Michael Bohren ruled in March that there was enough evidence for both girls to stand trial in adult court — but their attorneys requested a hearing to move the case back to juvenile court. On Monday, Judge Bohren upheld his initial decision, according to reporters from WISN12 in the courtroom.
    “This was an effort to kill someone, not a mistake by hitting someone too hard,” Bohren said during Monday’s hearing, according to WISN12. The defendants are scheduled to enter a plea next week.
    The girls are charged with attempted first-degree homicide. If convicted as adults, they could each spend up to 65 years in prison. If they were convicted as juveniles they would have faced five years in prison and all records of the proceedings would be sealed.
    Geyser and Weier are accused of stabbing Peyton Leutner 19 times to appease fictional Slender Man. Both girls were 12 years old at the time of the attack, and according to Wisconsin law, were automatically placed in adult court.
    Prosecutors argued that the girls tricked Leutner into entering the woods with them, where they then stabbed her. Leutner survived the attack.
    The girls later told police they planned the attack for months and they were trying to become “proxies” of Slender Man, who is often depicted as a tall, faceless, black-and-white figure who stalks children.
    Defense lawyers argued the girls are mentally ill and would receive better treatment in the juvenile system, according to the Associated Press.

One of two teenage girls accused of trying to kill a classmate to appease fictional character the 'Slender Man' is committed for treatment

-A judge committed 13-year-old Morgan Geyser to the hospital in January
    -The girl had been diagnosed with early onset schizophrenia during a court-ordered competency evaluation in 2014
    -An HBO documentary about the case, 'Beware the Slenderman,' premiered Friday night at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas

One of two teenage girls accused of trying to kill a classmate near Milwaukee to appease the online fictional character Slender Man is being treated at a state mental hospital, the girl's attorney said.
    A judge committed 13-year-old Morgan Geyser to the hospital in January, the (Milwaukee) Journal Sentinel reported on Sunday.
    The girl had been diagnosed with early onset schizophrenia during a court-ordered competency evaluation in 2014.

'She's made substantial progress,' said the girl's attorney, Anthony Cotton, adding that she recently began expressing remorse. 'She's starting to feel regular and normal emotions now.'
    Cotton plans to again ask that the girl's $500,000 bail be reduced to a signature bond, which would allow her to return home and continue receiving treatment while awaiting trial. The other girl, Anissa Weier, is being held at a West Bend juvenile jail.
    The two girls are charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide in the May 2014 attack on Payton Leutner.
    Investigators say the girls lured Payton to a park in Waukesha, about 20 miles west of Milwaukee, where they stabbed her 19 times in an attempted sacrifice to a fictitious horror character called Slender Man. Payton was left for dead but managed to crawl from a wooded area where she was discovered by a bicyclist.

After several surgeries, Payton has returned to school. She is now in eighth grade.
    Defense attorneys have tried to have the case transferred to juvenile court. They are appealing a decision by Waukesha County Circuit Judge Michael Bohren last August to keep the girls' case in adult court, where convictions could send them to prison for up to 45 years. As juveniles, they could be incarcerated for up to three years and then supervised until age 18.
    Final defense briefs are due Monday, and the Wisconsin Court of Appeals could begin reviewing the case this month. The Associated Press hasn't identified the girls because the case could return to juvenile court, where proceedings are closed.

An HBO documentary about the case, 'Beware the Slenderman,' premiered Friday night at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas.
    The 114-minute film examines both the Wisconsin stabbing and how children can become easily drawn into beliefs spread through the Internet.
    Stephen Lyons, a Madison lobbyist who has been a spokesman for the Leutner family, said Payton has recovered from her physical injuries but still faces an emotional recovery.
    Supporters have contributed about $200,000 for her ongoing care, and Lyons said everyone at her middle school has been supportive.
    'But part of the healing is she wants to get beyond being the victim in the Slender Man case,' he said. 'Now it's on to the next step.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz44HMXGMbs
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    The documentary sounds interesting.

Man, I feel so bad for all involved. You have one girl with a serious mental illness, the other with a brain that isn't developed enough to consider her friend might be seriously messed up and a third who barely mad it out alive. It's ridiculous to charge them as adults.
    Last edited by animosity; 02-02-2017 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) - Two Wisconsin girls accused of trying to kill their friend as a sacrifice to the horror fiction character Slender Man are seeking their release after nearly two years in custody, saying in court papers Wednesday that they're not dangerous and can safely return to their families.

The girls are currently being held on $500,000 bonds. Their lawyers outlined release plans that include therapy, round-the-clock supervision and electronic monitoring.

An attorney for one of the girls also says that his client was sexually assaulted last year at the county detention center where she's still being held.

Prosecuting attorney Ted Szczupakiewicz declined comment Wednesday on the girls' requests. A judge will consider them on Friday.

The girls were 12 years old when authorities say they lured their friend into the woods after a birthday sleepover and stabbed her repeatedly. The friend, who was also 12, was found along a road, bleeding from wounds that nearly killed her.

The Associated Press hasn't identified the alleged attackers because their cases could move to juvenile court, where proceedings are closed. The girls face trial as adults, but that decision is under review. It's not clear when an appeals court would rule.

Judge Michael Bohren held a phone hearing Wednesday afternoon to discuss the sex assault allegation involving one of the girls. He said he was "concerned that it happened" and "very concerned that there was no report of it until today."

Tony Cotton, whose client is now 13, provided few details and didn't give the accused assailant's full name. He said that as it pertains to release, "the more salient issue is the improved mental health functioning of his client." His previous efforts to reduce his client's bond to an amount her family could afford have failed.

Cotton's client would go to live with her grandparents in Manitowoc County under his plan.

The other girl, now 14, would live in Waukesha County in a home provided by her family. Her attorney, Maura McMahon, did not say with whom the girl would be living. This is McMahon's first attempt to reduce her client's bond.
    http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...k-release.html

You are never to young to murder.

I say let them rot in there longer. At 12 years they knew what they were doing was evil. 2 years is not long enough. Drug dealers get longer sentences. These girls wanted to kill that shit isnt normal. What a great message to send to young nut cases, attempt murder and get off lightly while ruining someone elses life.

This is why I never follow that notion that these are "kids", kids these days are not like kids from a hundred years ago. They are all psycotic nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    I say let them rot in there longer. At 12 years they knew what they were doing was evil. 2 years is not long enough. Drug dealers get longer sentences. These girls wanted to kill that shit isnt normal. What a great message to send to young nut cases, attempt murder and get off lightly while ruining someone elses life.
    They're twelve year old girls. A juvenile facility should not be looked at as a place to 'rot' but rather to work with the kids and maybe help them with their fucking issues so they can come out of the situation as actually productive citizens.

I think Anissa would probably be okay to go home- with TONS of mental help and monitoring. IDK. There's something really f'ed up knowing that two girls can stab the shit out of somebody and two years later...be released.

Morgan- NO. She needs to be in a mental hospital with extensive therapy/help/meds.

How would that work anyway? Would they be released and allowed to go back to school with the poor girl they stabbed?

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    They're twelve year old girls. A juvenile facility should not be looked at as a place to 'rot' but rather to work with the kids and maybe help them with their fucking issues so they can come out of the situation as actually productive citizens.
    Ok yes i could have worded that better, my emotions got the better of me on this story. I wad bullied all through school and i remember what i was like at 12/13. I had some pretty dark and messed up thoughts about getting revenge but i never acted on them. These girls planned to kill a girl they made believe was their friend. Luckily they failed. That poor girl would have been traumatised by that experience and i just feel 2 years is not long enough.

The judge refused to reduce their bond, so they're not going anywhere for now: http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/0...n-in-court.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

There isn't an excuse for what these children did, but there are circumstances involved that will make this trial (if it gets that far) a very interesting one. Though I don't see the outcome being great either way. People are going to be upset if they don't get enough time or if they get too little time. Some will call using a mental health issue to justify the actions bs and others will want to see her get help. You will have people that want them completely off because they are children and those who only recognize them as savage and evil. They are both.

It is amazing to me how little common sense and/or coping skills young people have today. So many of them can not cope with normal life situations and we see it everyday with suicides and school shootings or cases like these.

Both girls have changed their pleas to not guilty by reason of mental illness: http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...rt-change-plea
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Both girls have changed their pleas to not guilty by reason of mental illness: http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...rt-change-plea
    I know people are going to be angry, but I like this - it might mean they get put into MH care and actually get some help - what happened was horrific. I also think Morgan is clearly the leader. However, these ARE kids. Not Ryan Lochte 32 year old 'kids'.. actual kids. I'd like to see them have a chance at normal lives in the future - as normal as they can be living with this forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    I know people are going to be angry, but I like this - it might mean they get put into MH care and actually get some help - what happened was horrific. I also think Morgan is clearly the leader. However, these ARE kids. Not Ryan Lochte 32 year old 'kids'.. actual kids. I'd like to see them have a chance at normal lives in the future - as normal as they can be living with this forever.
    I have an irrational hatred of Ryan Lochte he needs to grow the fuck up.

I knew from the very beginning one, or both of these girls is mentally ill. I'm glad they changed their pleas, and I hope they get the help they need and not juvenile detention time.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I watched the HBO doc last night. Holy shite! I highly recommend. "Beware the Slenderman"
    http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/beware-the-slenderman

It's been following the girls since week 2 after the stabbings. It follows the families too.

I don't know exactly what Morgan has, but since she was a little bitty girl- she has/had no empathy. NONE. It was eerie watching.

Both of these girls are fk'ed in the head.

Thread Information