Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Two 12-Year-Old Girls Stabbed Friend 19 Times In Planned Attack, Police Say

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I will be that mom who sneakily will read journals if I have to. And not sorry about it either.
    Be careful with that.

In highschool my mom started going through my entire room and all of my notes and journals, and one time I came home from school with all of my personal shit out on the kitchen table and this big fucking intervention/fight ensued. I lost a lot of respect and trust in her after that, and didnt feel good coming to her about anything. It was basically the start of us having no relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Be careful with that.

In highschool my mom started going through my entire room and all of my notes and journals, and one time I came home from school with all of my personal shit out on the kitchen table and this big fucking intervention/fight ensued. I lost a lot of respect and trust in her after that, and didnt feel good coming to her about anything. It was basically the start of us having no relationship.
    Yea, 100%. If you find out something you will have 2 choices, pretend you don't know and hope they eventually tell you ( in which case it becomes pretty much a pointless excerise to have read it in the first place)
    Or confront them and tell them you know blah blah because you read there diary, that's only gonna serve to break trust between you and your child.
    In my opinion theres no real positive here ,you will do head miles over stuff you read and you betraying the trust of someone whom you want to trust you.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I will be that mom who sneakily will read journals if I have to. And not sorry about it either.
    I was always checking into my kids stuff. If you think about it, there are several high profile tragedies that have occurred that could have been avoided if mom and dad would have done an occasional peek and see in their kids bedrooms.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I was always checking into my kids stuff. If you think about it, there are several high profile tragedies that have occurred that could have been avoided if mom and dad would have done an occasional peek and see in their kids bedrooms.
    I agree, but you need to be extremely cautious about how you use the information.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

My way of doing it was, "I noticed this, do we need to talk?" I chose my battles carefully. There was a whole lotta shit that I pretended not to know, but I kept a close watch.

My younger daughter had a friend that kept trying to talk her into swiping some of my narcolepsy meds. I found a couple of notes they had passed back and forth. I didn't say a word to her, but after that, I never ever left my meds in the bathroom. I count them every few days. They are always way down at the very bottom of my my purse not easily accessible. My purse is always in my view at all times. Over the years it has just become a learned behavior that I don't even think about doing. It just is done.
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 02-19-2015 at 06:29 PM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

You don't even need to sneak and spy on your child all the time. Just noticing that something's up with them would help prevent it sometimes!

I seriously hope my children are the same when they're teens, they're so easy to read lol

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Be careful with that.

My mom did the same shit to me. She always thought I was up to something. NO MOM, I'M JUST AUTISTIC/NATURALLY WEIRD. ugh.

I think Marilyn Manson said it best when asked, "What if the kids at Columbine were here today, what would you say to them?” Marilyn Manson replied, “I wouldn’t say anything. I’d listen to them, which nobody else did.”

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    My mom did the same shit to me. She always thought I was up to something. NO MOM, I'M JUST AUTISTIC/NATURALLY WEIRD. ugh.
    My son has Asperger's. He could be sitting in his room all day and still seem off and suspicious looking.

My son has Aspergers also. I do keep an eye out because people like to feed him bullshit info just for fun. He takes alot of things very literally. Sometimes the bullshit info gets him into trouble.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Even when I was 15 and going through my cutting phase my mom never read my stuff. When I wouldn't talk, she wrote me a letter. It was effective. I agreed to go to the dr and counseling. It would not have been well received if she would have read my private thoughts.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I told my kids, if it's in my house it's fair game. As long as they lived in my home they were on my watch. My job was to protect them and keep them safe. If they got to be adults and were healthy, happy and not strung out or dead somewhere, it was worth the risk of pissing them off. I have never been judgemental with them and they still come to me with things I don't necessarily want to hear. But both girls are wonderful productive adults. I just gotta get thru the teen years with my son.

My dad would go through my room and find things but my mom never did (they divorced when I was 10). Due to that, I felt way more comfortable opening up to my mom than my dad.

I remember one time when I was 16, I had a party at my house when my dad was out of town. I had just gotten a video camera and my friends and I taped some of it, and we were drinking. I hid the video camera in a crazy spot in my room, and my dad still found it, and watched it. Then he forced me to watch it with him. It was torture. I even tried hiding things in the trunk of my car since I had the keys, but he still managed to find the bottle of vodka I had under the spare tire...

The only thing he never caught me doing was sneaking out. I used to sneak out at night, get in my car, and leave to meet a guy I liked. probably 3 times a week. Only got caught once, by my mom. I didn't have a key to her apartment, so when I snuck out I used to go through the sliding door to the patio and jump the fence. After I had left, I guess my mom got up and saw the sliding door unlocked. Thinking she forgot to lock it, she locked it and went back to bed. The patio surrounds her bedroom window, so when I tried to sneak back in and couldn't because it was locked, I was forced to knock on her window to wake her up and let me in....LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I told my kids, if it's in my house it's fair game. As long as they lived in my home they were on my watch. My job was to protect them and keep them safe. If they got to be adults and were healthy, happy and not strung out or dead somewhere, it was worth the risk of pissing them off. I have never been judgemental with them and they still come to me with things I don't necessarily want to hear. But both girls are wonderful productive adults. I just gotta get thru the teen years with my son.
    My dad did the same! I would get mad and tell him not to go through my room, and he would say "this is MY house, I pay for it, it's not your room, it's MY room." I hated when he said that!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    My son has Asperger's. He could be sitting in his room all day and still seem off and suspicious looking.
    Hahaha. Yep. I was a weird kid.

My son has Aspergers also. I do keep an eye out because people like to feed him bullshit info just for fun. He takes alot of things very literally. Sometimes the bullshit info gets him into trouble.
    Awww. :( How old is your son?

I soooo don't agree with the *it's my house, its fair game* thing. Going through someone's things is a huge invasion of privacy, and it's especially damaging to a kid/teen. That's when they're developing their view of the world, and it teaches them to be inherently distrustful. I'm not talking about being wary of people/places/things that are bad or dangerous, because of course you shouldn't trust everyone and everything you see. I'm talking about seriously damaging their ability to function in society and have normal healthy relationships. I mean, if you can't even count on your parents to respect your personal space, how the fuck are you going to count on anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I agree, Neen. My kids know I'm on their Facebook, but I've never gone through their personal things. In fact, I've always respected their rooms as their personal space. Never went in uninvited. Never snooped. Hell, never even bitched when they got super messy. (My son's room looks like a third world country's Taco Bell exploded in there right now.) It's the only space that is exclusively theirs when growing up. It's where you begin to define your sense of self, and that's super important.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    Hahaha. Yep. I was a weird kid.
    I'm 27 and I'm still a weird kid...so even without Asperger's, my son never stood a chance! plus he has ADHD so he's all kinds of screwed.

Judge Rules 'Slender Man' Stabbing Suspects Will Be Tried as Adults

Two Wisconsin girls who are accused of repeatedly stabbing a schoolmate in an effort to please a fictional character called "Slender Man" should be charged in adult court, a judge ruled Friday.

Both girls, who were 12 at the time of the attack ? one has since turned 13 ? face charges of attempted first-degree murder, which would automatically mean their cases would be tried in adult court. Lawyers representing the girls argued that they should be charged with second-degree murder, which prosecutors would have to try in juvenile court.

But Waukesha County Circuit Judge Michael Bohren, who spent nearly a month weighing evidence heard during a two-day preliminary trial last month, denied the request and decided to have them charged for first-degree murder in adult court, according to NBC affiliate WTMJ. Attorneys for both of the girls on Friday requested hearings to appeal the judge's decision and move their cases back to juvenile court, which the Bohren granted. Those hearings will be held in May and June, according to The Associated Press.

The two girls are accused of luring their classmate to the woods in the Milwaukee suburb of Waukesha last May in order to carry out an attack that they had been planning for months, according to court documents.

They both told investigators that they believed the internet meme Slender Man would harm them and their families if they didn't kill their friend, authorities said. A bicyclist found the victim on the sidewalk, where she had crawled from the woods, and called 911. The victim suffered 19 stab wounds. She has since recovered.

One of the suspects will turn 13 on Monday, according to court documents. If convicted, the two could each face up to 65 years in prison, according to The AP. If they are tried as juveniles and found guilty, they can only be held until they are 25. NBC News is not naming the suspects in case the trials are moved back to juvenile court, where proceedings are closed to the public.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sle...spects-n323101

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

I feel very uncomfortable with that decision.

These girls are very obviously disturbed, and they're really young. And now if they are convicted, they will not receive any help or have any future.

Yeah I know the one girl was obviously mentally disturbed-I thought the prosecutor knew that?

I just now saw that list. I like "the will to live" lol

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Slender Man needs to go, he should be replaced with Fat Albert.

Oh wait...

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

This entire case disturbs me on so many levels.
    I'm so upset they are trying these girls as adults when they had ruled that one of them was not competent twice. She was 12 years old so trying her as an adult after not reading her her rights, not having an attorney present etc is bad enough but demanding a 3 competency hearing to get her tried...that is underhanded. The girl is mentally ill clearly. Is she a danger? Well, yes. Should she be getting an ass ton of help? Yep. Jail however is not the place for that. This makes me so damn angry. The little girl who was stabbed deserves to feel safe, she really does. However putting this mentally ill girl in jail will not do that.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/slender-man...ry?id=24386830

I'd be worried about when she gets out after being locked up with other crims, with no help for so long ...if she ever gets out that is

Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear that the one wasn't fit to stand trial.

I'm not sure about the other. She didn't come off as totally whackadoo, but that's probably not saying much. It was almost like she was just going along with it, but then again something would have to be wrong with you to "go along with" murder to appease a fictitious character...

But to try them as adults? Hell no.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear that the one wasn't fit to stand trial.

I'm not sure about the other. She didn't come off as totally whackadoo, but that's probably not saying much. It was almost like she was just going along with it, but then again something would have to be wrong with you to "go along with" murder to appease a fictitious character...

But to try them as adults? Hell no.
    Yeah the other one really seems like the stereotypical 'I do what my friends tell me and live to please' dummy.

Thread Information