Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jacqueline Gomez (17) died after prom night

Jacqueline Gomez (17) died after prom night

The mother of a teenager found dead after prom night in Houston feels like she was misled by her daughter's prom date and his mother.

"I said you look beautiful," said Juana Barron, Jacqueline Gomez's mother, as she looked at the last photo she snapped of her 17-year-old daughter.

"She was so happy," Barron said. "You should have seen her big smile on her face when she left."

Gomez was off to her senior prom at the Hyatt North Houston Hotel on Friday. Her mother, who was too distraught to show her face on camera, said she expected to see her daughter back at home later that night.

However, prom took a tragic turn.

"I do want to know, and I want to know who's responsible for all that," Barron said.

Her daughter spent the night in room 821 along with her date. He admitted they were drinking before they went to bed. The next morning, he told police she would not wake up.

Police said they found alcohol and prescription painkillers inside the room.

"She was underage," her mother said. "She couldn't get that stuff all by herself."

Barron said Gomez's date's mother picked the couple up from her home. She also picked them up from the hotel later that night. That's when she last spoke to her daughter on the phone.

She was underage. She couldn't get that stuff all by herself.
    Juana Barron, Jacqueline Gomez?s mother

"I just spoke to them after prom, a couple words, told me she was going to get something to eat," Barron said.

That's when the boy's mother got on the phone and asked whether Gomez could spend the night at their house.

"I said no bring her back home," Barron said. "I gave them a couple hours, and I never heard back."

The next call she got was from a homicide detective with the Houston Police Department. She said detectives told her the room was booked by the boyfriend's mother.

The police continue to investigate, but they do not believe the boyfriend played a role in the girl's death.

For now her close friends can only rally around each other.

"It was hard to walk to school today," said Bibiana Gomez, Gomez's close friend. "I just cried all day."

They said they are learning to live without Gomez, while they wait for the answers everyone so desperately wants.

"My baby was my whole world," Barron said. "She was smart, funny, everything. No words to describe her. She was just everything to me."

Houston police confirmed late Monday that the room was booked by the teenage boy's mother, under his name. Autopsy results are still pending in this case. Toxicology results could take several weeks.

Meanwhile, Gomez's mother has set up an online donation fund to help with her daughter's funeral costs.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/new...uston/9303627/

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015..._on_prom_night
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Shame on the boy's Mom! How can you facilitate that knowing that her Mom would never approve? And obviously someone of age had to have supplied the alcohol. Not sure about the pills. I understand that teenagers will do this kind of crap on their own on prom night. But to have his Mom help them really steams me.

RIP Jacqueline
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    if his mom would rent the room....AND go against her mom's request she be home in a couple hours, it's not out of the realm to assume she supplied the alcohol. She may have also supplied the painkillers or they might have been prescribed to her..OR he/she bought them from a friend and brought them along. Who knows? At the least (and maybe the most) moms is guilty of "contributing to the delinquency."

ETA: Sorry Boston, I should have read your post more thoroughly before responding. My impulsivity to respond can lead me to repeat the post.right.before.mine
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    if his mom would rent the room....AND go against her mom's request she be home in a couple hours, it's not out of the realm to assume she supplied the alcohol. She may have also supplied the painkillers or they might have been prescribed to her..OR he/she bought them from a friend and brought them along. Who knows? At the least (and maybe the most) moms is guilty of "contributing to the delinquency."

ETA: Sorry Boston, I should have read your post more thoroughly before responding. My impulsivity to respond can lead me to repeat the post.right.before.mine
    Great minds

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Great minds
    MUST be it!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

I used this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...inkillers.html to seek more references to find the FB.

Jacqueline's FB: https://www.facebook.com/jackeey.gomez
    Antonio's (BF) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/antoniogarcia25
    Antonio's Instagram (?): http://instagram.com/antonio_cl2014

I find the instagram a bit odd because of: "08/01/96-05/17/14 R.I.P my bestfriend Jacqueline Gomez". I thought they where a couple.

Prom night

She was really pretty.

I realize that the spelling is on purpose (at least I hope it is) but it still makes me RAGE.

Here's another article with the prom date's "story"...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-text/9327599/

A series of text messages may shed light on the mysterious death of a 17-year-old Texas high school senior, Jacqueline Gomez, who was found dead in a Houston hotel room the morning after her prom.

The texts, according to the Houston Chronicle, were sent from an account identified as Gomez's date.

Justice Gonzalez, a close friend of Gomez, exchanged texts with the boyfriend about seven hours after Gomez's body was found in the room where they had spent the night following the "Miami Night" prom at Aldine's MacArthur high school.

The boyfriend, whose named has not been released, discovered Gomez dead in bed Saturday about 9:20 a.m. and called 911, according to police.

The results of an autopsy could take several weeks to complete, according to the Harris County Medical Examiner.

Detective Mike Miller, with the Houston Police Department Homicide Division, told KHOU-TV that the boyfriend has been questioned.

"He was there. He knows everything, so we're just continually wanting to find out what happened and everything," said Miller. "We have no reason to believe he contributed to her death."

Gonzalez, Gomez' close friend, told the Chronicle that she sent the boyfriend a text asking what had happened after she noticed he was posting pictures of himself crying on Instagram.

"They said she overdosed," part of his text read, likely referring to law enforcement officials, the newspaper reported.

"I woke up. I tried waking her but she wouldn't," the date texted Gonzalez, adding four frowning faces, according to the Chronicle. "I was screaming and crying telling her to wake up. But she didn't. She didn't." He ended his text with two frowning faces with tears.

Although he had told police the couple had consumed some alcohol, he texted that Gomez had also taken the painkiller hydrocodone, but that he didn't know where she got the prescription drug.

According to the Chronicle, the date told Gonzalez the alcohol and pills weren't taken until they got to the hotel, but Gonzalez told the newspaper that she thought Gomez acted "different" at the prom and was "stuttering, not talking clear. Her eyes were low, like she was dizzy."

Gomez's mother, Juana Barron, said her daughter was underage and "couldn't get that stuff all by herself," KHOU-TV reports.

Barron also said the boyfriend's mother picked the couple up from her home to take them to the prom and afterward had allegedly asked if Gomez could spend the night at their house.

"I said no, bring her back home," said Barron, according to KHOU. "I gave them a couple hours, and I never heard back."

Quote Originally Posted by ~*LaDyLaZaRuS*~ View Post
    Here's another article with the prom date's "story"...

Gonzalez, Gomez' close friend, told the Chronicle that she sent the boyfriend a text asking what had happened after she noticed he was posting pictures of himself crying on Instagram.
    Really? Really? You little asshole.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Funeral-he...260477361.html

HOUSTON -- A local high school senior who mysteriously died the night of her prom was buried Friday.

Many of her co-workers and classmates in attendance wore T-shirts with her picture.

Exactly one week ago, Jacqueline Gomez, 17, was attending her prom. The senior from MacArthur High School then went to bed that night in a room booked by her date’s mother.

She never woke up.

“You expect something to happen and then nothing happens the way you want it to turn out,” said Eduardo Araujo, who attended the funeral. “Your life can be taken shortly in a matter of moments, a matter of seconds.”

Fernanda Carreon knew Gomez at school.

“In class I go in and I just wait for her to come in, and like every time someone opens the door it’s so hard ‘cause I just look at her seat and she’s not there. She used to sit in front of me,” Carreon said.

Police said the teen’s date, whose name was never released, was not a suspect. But they did find alcohol and prescription pain killers in the room.

Texts obtained by KHOU reveal the drug was allegedly hydrocodone.

Yet friends insist that was never Jackie, who dreamed of going to college while she worked at a grocery store.

“We were very proud of her,” Carreon said. “That she was getting her things together. It’s sad that like this happened. Like with two weeks left of school.”

“But hopefully it opened up her friend’s eyes,” Araujo said. “How they party, how they do things now.”

Many could not ignore the untimeliness of the death. Even with autopsy results due within weeks, there may never completely be peace.

after she noticed he was posting pictures of himself crying on Instagram.

"I woke up. I tried waking her but she wouldn't," the date texted Gonzalez, adding four frowning faces, according to the Chronicle. "I was screaming and crying telling her to wake up. But she didn't. She didn't." He ended his text with two frowning faces with tears.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post

I...just...can't...shame on me for snort-laughing at this.

But seriously, her dress was really lovely and I'm a dork but I think it's cute when girls wear glasses to prom.

That's the only picture I could find that wasn't absolutely huge. Still looking for the sad boyfriend pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Still looking for the sad boyfriend pics.
    I hope you find them (i wanna see them too)! But it's hard since we don't know the name of the boyfriend yet (he's not the one i posted before)...

Police said the teen's date, whose name was never released, was not a suspect. But they did find alcohol and prescription pain killers in the room.

Texts obtained by KHOU reveal the drug was allegedly hydrocodone.
    Yep, alcohol + hydrocodone will kill you dead. Doesn't take a lot either.

Maybe the schools should cover this in health class or something..

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post

Yea, it's called tolerance. Never ever mix Rx narcotics with alcohol.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

I just don't understand why people take hydrocodone to get high. That crap does nothing for me except give me a major headache.

I looked through a lot of her friend's facebooks. Quite a few of them are into drugs. One young teen posts many pictures getting high and playing with guns (xavier). He only has one pose too. Sticking his middle finger up.
    So yeah...if you judge somebody by the friends they keep- then I could see her drinking, staying at a motel when mom told her to come home, and taking pills.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I just don't understand why people take hydrocodone to get high. That crap does nothing for me except give me a major headache.

I looked through a lot of her friend's facebooks. Quite a few of them are into drugs. One young teen posts many pictures getting high and playing with guns (xavier). He only has one pose too. Sticking his middle finger up.
    So yeah...if you judge somebody by the friends they keep- then I could see her drinking, staying at a motel when mom told her to come home, and taking pills.
    They don't have much if any tolerance is my best guess. I never cared for it as an analgesic, I took it briefly 9 years ago and all I got was an itchy nose and bad mood.
    That's before I learned to take opioids with benadryl.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

I used to take them and drink. I did it all the time, never even got sick. I was dumb and lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I totally do not get the appeal either. I had Vicodin prescribed after minor surgery- I was like "meh.." They gave me fentanyl in preop holding, same reaction. Some people just don't have the addictive brain wiring (lucky for us.)

I used to take them and drink. I did it all the time, never even got sick. I was dumb and lucky.
    Wow. You were REALLY lucky.

A teenager whose girlfriend died next to him in a hotel bed after her prom night allegedly choked the girl during rough sex the night of her death.
    Eddie M Herrera, 18, reportedly told police 'I put my hands around her neck and squeezed' in a drunken passion, then passed, only to find Jacqueline Gomez, 17, unresponsive when he woke.
    Herrera, who allegedly told detectives about the act, and stressed the choking was consensual, and also said the two had been popping hydrocodone, a narcotic pain pill, in the Hyatt Hotel in North Houston, Texas, last summer.

An autopsy was unable to determine whether the choking or an overdose killed Jacqueline. According to the Houston Chronicle, she had deep hemorrhaging all the way around her neck.
    Herrera has been arrested charged with aggravated assault because of the severity of the apparent wounds, and appeared in a court today.
    He remains in jail over the death, on May 17 last year, and had bail set at $50,000.
    Jacqueline was reported missing by her parents the morning after the MacArthur High School prom, which was also in the Hyatt hotel, as they had expected their daughter to come home that night.

Prosecutors said that Herrara first called his mother - who helped book the hotel - when he realized Jacqueline was unconscious.
    She allegedly later came to the hotel, dressed Jacqueline then asked hotel staff for a doctor. They then allegedly called 911. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
    Herrera, who was arrested Wednesday, faces life in prison if convicted. Prosecutors are deciding whether to charge his mother as well.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3P4tN9oug
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

How is he only being charged with Aggravated Assault?! Seriously? If I were her parents I'd be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    How is he only being charged with Aggravated Assault?! Seriously? If I were her parents I'd be pissed.
    They charge what they think they can get a conviction on. And if Aggravated Assault can net you life? That's better than overcharging and having the jury feel sorry for the weasel and turning him loose.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    It should be a no brainer that they should charge mom for something too. If she had the time to come to the hotel before a 911 call (serious delay, even if she was already dead)...that shows that more than one thing is horribly off about these two.

Little bastard, fuck him...and his mom. So many other things to do with your hands during sex and you choke the life out of someone? Loser.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    They charge what they think they can get a conviction on. And if Aggravated Assault can net you life? That's better than overcharging and having the jury feel sorry for the weasel and turning him loose.
    I get the logical reasons why. But my emotional side says this asshat killed her

Thread Information