Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Elliot Rodger (22) killed six people because he was enraged about being rejected by women

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    And so it begins

https://www.facebook.com/elliotrodgerisgod

Fucking trolls
    More douchery. WTF is wrong with people
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    More douchery. WTF is wrong with people
    They get off on this shit.

ETA: One of the comments on the page: "Hahaha... This kid was a fuckin lame. Who can't get laid in Isla vista? Garbage."
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Holy shit that video..... Such narcissism and entitlement!!
    Punker I'm in awe of you - how you do this and deal with this! You are heroic, for real. Please let us know if you need anything - this shit is traumatizing and can mess with your head!
    Absolutely +1.

I know a lot of departments have counselors available, or at least access to them, for their crews - if you need it, use it ok? What you do is brave and selfless. Don't let this take a piece of you.

Spend a little time with your 4-leggeds today ok? They'll give you what you need without you even telling them.

And so it begins

https://www.facebook.com/elliotrodgerisgod

Fucking trolls
    When I watched the video and it was all about how he couldn't get laid - I just knew there would be droves of girls proclaiming they would have had sex with them and that they love him still. He's peripherally connected to HG so that's not really going to help things in terms of the fan-factor.

Just think of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, he was on the cover of RollingStone and how many people proclaim to love him and want to fuck him?

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    When I watched the video and it was all about how he couldn't get laid - I just knew there would be droves of girls proclaiming they would have had sex with them and that they love him still. He's peripherally connected to HG so that's not really going to help things in terms of the fan-factor.

Just think of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, he was on the cover of RollingStone and how many people proclaim to love him and want to fuck him?
    I just can't with these assholes
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Well. This answers why he couldn't get laid.

I wonder where he got this impression of Women? Or which parent (if not both) somehow instilled this kind of thinking in him? This kind of misogynistic attitude came from somewhere. Makes me wonder what his home life was like growing up.

of course he couldn't get laid. he was a total fucking creep and a narcissistic sociopath.

i seriously cannot with this guy. six innocent lives taken. that fist video of him seems so phony and scripted. my guess is that is how he always appears, though.

Well. This answers why he couldn't get laid.

I wonder where he got this impression of Women? Or which parent (if not both) somehow instilled this kind of thinking in him? This kind of misogynistic attitude came from somewhere. Makes me wonder what his home life was like growing up.
    If I were to speculate based purely on tabloid and stereotypical Hollywood info - absent or barely present parents and a nanny. Given material items to make up for lack of physical (and emotional) presence in his life. There was nothing he was without, but his absolute need for physical connection and clear need for an intimate relationship displays a clear stunted emotional growth and connections in his life. He clearly thought sex was intimacy, because he hadn't felt intimacy or close relationships outside of a sexual relationship and that's what he thought would solve it all.

He was angry, but anger is a secondary emotion and thus I believe he truly was sad and disconnected. His choice to do a drive by shooting further solidifies this disconnect. He really did want intimacy, as was stated in his video manifesto, but his stunted emotions caused him to be fearful of it so he opted for shooting (from a distance) rather than utilizing the more intimate knife which would require a close (and more intimate) kill. Killing with a knife is most often seen as equating to sexual replacement, and thus this is another thing that makes me think that while he absolutely wanted to be intimate and have that connection with someone his fear override his needs and he couldn't do it. An intimate relationship with even just one person, likely all he would be capable of should he have used a knife, would have been powerful and likely very overwhelming for him.

I also think that his narcissism played into the choice to shoot instead of use a knife. Shooting in the big drawn out, drive by, manner he did (in the expensive car mommy and daddy bought him) caused a big scene and made headlines. A stabbing murder would be less time and word count.

If I were to speculate based purely on tabloid and stereotypical Hollywood info - absent or barely present parents and a nanny. Given material items to make up for lack of physical (and emotional) presence in his life. There was nothing he was without, but his absolute need for physical connection and clear need for an intimate relationship displays a clear stunted emotional growth and connections in his life. He clearly thought sex was intimacy, because he hadn't felt intimacy or close relationships outside of a sexual relationship and that's what he thought would solve it all.

He was angry, but anger is a secondary emotion and thus I believe he truly was sad and disconnected. His choice to do a drive by shooting further solidifies this disconnect. He really did want intimacy, as was stated in his video manifesto, but his stunted emotions caused him to be fearful of it so he opted for shooting (from a distance) rather than utilizing the more intimate knife which would require a close (and more intimate) kill. Killing with a knife is most often seen as equating to sexual replacement, and thus this is another thing that makes me think that while he absolutely wanted to be intimate and have that connection with someone his fear override his needs and he couldn't do it. An intimate relationship with even just one person, likely all he would be capable of should he have used a knife, would have been powerful and likely very overwhelming for him.

I also think that his narcissism played into the choice to shoot instead of use a knife. Shooting in the big drawn out, drive by, manner he did (in the expensive car mommy and daddy bought him) caused a big scene and made headlines. A stabbing murder would be less time and word count.
    This sounds VERY plausible indeed. I like this theory. This kind of home life coupled with possible mental illness would prove to be a dangerous combination.

This sounds VERY plausible indeed. I like this theory. This kind of home life coupled with possible mental illness would prove to be a dangerous combination.
    I don't know that there needs to be a mental illness.

Let me say that I'm very "pro" mental illness care, reform, treatment, awareness ect. But, I feel like lately there has been a lot of "label him/her with XYZ and call it a day." Sometimes people are just bad people. Depression is very common indeed so perhaps he was depressed. But not every murderer has a mental illness. It's common, of course, and while it seems I am - I'm not arguing he didn't, sometimes people who kill are just bad people. They're missing the "killing people is bad" part of their brain, moral compass, soul or what have you.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    of course he couldn't get laid. he was a total fucking creep and a narcissistic sociopath.

i seriously cannot with this guy. six innocent lives taken. that fist video of him seems so phony and scripted. my guess is that is how he always appears, though.
    That's what I was thinking last night. He seemed like one of those guys that seem always "on" when you're near them but as soon as you leave he starts on about how women are slutty, whores that owe them.

Ugh. Burn in hell virgin.

I don't know that there needs to be a mental illness.

Let me say that I'm very "pro" mental illness care, reform, treatment, awareness ect. But, I feel like lately there has been a lot of "label him/her with XYZ and call it a day." Sometimes people are just bad people. Depression is very common indeed so perhaps he was depressed. But not every murderer has a mental illness. It's common, of course, and while it seems I am - I'm not arguing he didn't, sometimes people who kill are just bad people. They're missing the "killing people is bad" part of their brain, moral compass, soul or what have you.
    i'm gonna have to say that this guy is pretty clearly a narcissist and a sociopath.

i've seen research done on children who had no physical contact when they were very young and how/why the grow up to be disconnected from people, unable to understand the range of human emotion or interact with people. maybe this kid was neglected as a very young child, but that alone doesn't make someone a killer. nor does being a narcissist or a sociopath.

Aussie news

Grr won't let me copy the actual article. I don't think we linked this forum

Online Forum For Sexually Frustrated Men Reacts To News That Mass Shooter May Be One Of Their Own

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/uc...-reacts-2014-5

ETA & Suspect in UC Santa Barbara Shooting Identified by Family

http://abcnews.go.com/US/killed-mass...ry?id=23853918
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-24-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Aussie news

Grr won't let me copy the actual article. I don't think we linked this forum

Online Forum For Sexually Frustrated Men Reacts To News That Mass Shooter May Be One Of Their Own

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/uc...-reacts-2014-5
    Police have not yet named a suspect in the mass shooting near the UC Santa Barbara campus that left seven people dead Friday night, but they have said they are studying a video posted to YouTube for connections to the incident. In it, a man identifying himself as Eliot Rodger sits in a car with palm trees in the background, calmly declaring his intention of murdering women as revenge for his romantic frustrations.

Someone with the username EliotRodger was a regular poster on an online message board called PUAhate, on which men who have been unlucky with women commiserate, criticise one another, excoriate the opposite sex, and denounce PUA’s, or pick-up artists — dating gurus whom they accuse of preying on desperate men like themselves for financial gain.

Many of the posters identify themselves as “incels,” short for involuntary celibates, and some of the posts fantasize about violence toward women.

At this point, Rodger has not been declared a suspect in the shooting. But the PUAhate community has responded to the incident. Late last night, a forum member posted the video and wrote that “Eliot Rodger, a member of this forum, just shot two girls near Santa Barbara (Isla Vista).”

The responses to the post are notable for the same tone of self-loathing and seething frustration displayed by the man in the video. “He sounds like an [expletive],” reads the first reply.

Another chimes in, “He sounds aspie as [expletive],” a reference to Asperger’s syndrome. Several others criticise the man’s “villain laugh.”

An example of the sort of intense criticism of one another’s appearance that is common on the site comes from a member named Colez, who writes:

He’s not “ugly” in layman’s terms, but he has no sex appeal. Short lower third and gay midface, with zero brow ridge. … We must dig deeper.

He should have gotten a hair-cut, aqcuired neck tattoos and gone over the top with the sociopathic act, that would have gotten him hotties. Unfortunately, like most on this site, he’s too aspie to realise it. Lock him up and throw away the key.

Another user claimed that Rodger was the son of Peter Rodger, a documentary filmmaker and a second unit director on the “Hunger Games,” according to IMDB. The post included a picture of a young man resembling Eliot Rodger at a red carpet event.

Colez later followed up: “Nothing will come of this, you sensationalist losers. Certainly not national coverage.”

But another member, manic786, disagreed.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i'm gonna have to say that this guy is pretty clearly a narcissist and a sociopath.

i've seen research done on children who had no physical contact when they were very young and how/why the grow up to be disconnected from people, unable to understand the range of human emotion or interact with people. maybe this kid was neglected as a very young child, but that alone doesn't make someone a killer. nor does being a narcissist or a sociopath.

As I said, I wasn't saying he didn't have any mental illness - I just. Well, I think I'm getting a bit tired of the 5 posts in and the guessing games of someone's mental illness game starts ya know? And FFS, the first guess almost always seems to be Schizophrenia!

I also like discussing theories and not always all going down the same tunnel ya know:)

But, can you tell us more about the research or find the link to it? Sounds really interesting.

Here's an interesting news story with his video. Sorry about the double post I didn't see this story concerning him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...lling-six.html

Quote Originally Posted by Paganpat View Post
    Here's an interesting news story with his video. Sorry about the double post I didn't see this story concerning him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...lling-six.html
    Oh good, they posted the video on their site meaning that when/if the police take it down from his youtube page it will still be out there.

As I said, I wasn't saying he didn't have any mental illness - I just. Well, I think I'm getting a bit tired of the 5 posts in and the guessing games of someone's mental illness game starts ya know? And FFS, the first guess almost always seems to be Schizophrenia!

I also like discussing theories and not always all going down the same tunnel ya know:)

But, can you tell us more about the research or find the link to it? Sounds really interesting.
    oh yeah. the leap to schizophrenia makes me rage sometimes.

i don't remember the docu i watched that talked about it but i'm sure it was on netflix. they even talked about a study they did with rats where they offered them either comfort or food and they would almost always starve themselves to be comforted. here some info from a quick serach:

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/02/02/sc...ical-role.html

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...uching-empathy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2865952/

Situations like this can never really be blamed on onl one factor. An inadequate personality reacts to things in their environment and we have violence. I am curious what someone who grew up in the "hollywood kid" world would comment - I know bowie has a lot of connections. So much fame and attention everywhere, does it set up a false expectation to an inadequate personality? Like an expectation that the world should applaud every movement?

Obviously, the caveat being that the environment does NOT cause such actions - there are many completely normal functional people who grow up in an environment that could be toxic to someone with a disordered psyche.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

http://news.yahoo.com/attorney-son-s...181959766.html
    GOLETA, Calif. (AP) — A lawyer says the family of a man they believe went on a shooting rampage near a Santa Barbara, California, university called police several weeks ago after being alarmed by YouTube videos "regarding suicide and the killing of people."Attorney Alan Shifman said police conducted an investigation and interviewed the man he identified as Elliot Rodger. Shifman said police did not find a history of guns, but did say the man had trouble making friends.

Shifman is the attorney for Peter Rodger, who was an assistant director on "The Hunger Games" film series. Authorities have not confirmed the identity of the shooter.

Six people were killed Friday night during a shooting near the University of California, Santa Barbara. The suspected gunman was also fatally shot

I appreciate that they called the police, but with all due respect..... Why could they not have insisted on a 5150? YouTube videos talking about committing suicide and murder is surely grounds for it. To me this seems more like a statement made to CYA as Crone says. Call the State Police if the local police don't respond. And with all of the school shootings I would think the authorities would have done more than just "talk" with him. Just sounds off to me.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    All his fb pics are selfies..

And you can't buy love and he threw a temper tantrum bc of it
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

I appreciate that they called the police, but with all due respect..... Why could they not have insisted on a 5150? YouTube videos talking about committing suicide and murder is surely grounds for it. To me this seems more like a statement made to CYA as Crone says. Call the State Police if the local police don't respond. And with all of the school shootings I would think the authorities would have done more than just "talk" with him. Just sounds off to me.
    you can't just lock people up for thought crimes, though. being a whiny, entitled, asshole isn't enough to hold someone.

I agree with the other members that said they believe he is a Narcissist. His description of himself shows how highly he regards himself.

http://open-site.org/Health/Conditio.../Narcissistic/

It sounds like he was a Somatic narcissist.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 05-24-2014 at 12:42 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information