Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Carol Coronado (30) killed her three daughters, aged 2 months to 3 years

I had PPD with my youngest--she's still here This is more like a psychosis. Mine presented as I was the worst Mom who ever existed. Treated with hormones and Zoloft, and bam! I was awesome again.

Those poor babies.

Yay for Sonic drinks Ani!

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    you're annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

I, too, don't fault the husband. I haven't read anywhere that he knew his wife was capable of something like this. Or that anyone even knew anything was wrong with her until that day when she called her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-n...-insanity-plea

A Los Angeles County grand jury on Monday indicted a South Bay woman who allegedly killed her three children before she stabbed herself, and then attempted to kill her mother when she arrived at the family?s home to find the bloody scene.

Appearing in Compton court Monday morning, Carol Ann Coronado, 30, entered two pleas of not guilty and not guilty by reason of insanity to three counts of murder and one count of attempted murder. Judge Charlaine Olmedo ordered Coronado to return for a pretrial hearing Oct. 17 in Department J.

Coronado already pleaded not guilty to the charges in Compton court on May 29, but prosecutors sent the case to the criminal grand jury for review as well. Because the grand jury indicted Coronado, the previous charges will be dropped. The effect of the indictment is that, unlike ordinary criminal proceedings, a preliminary hearing is not needed to determine if a trial is warranted.

Coronado?s attorney, Stephen Allen of Riverside, said he was disappointed by the indictment. He said a preliminary hearing would have given the judge an opportunity to hear results from extensive psychiatric testing done on Coronado since she was arrested May 20 at her home in West Carson, an unincorporated county area near Harbor Gateway.

?I?m kind of disappointed because there?s a lot of mitigating evidence that the District Attorney?s Office doesn?t have yet that explains what happened,? Allen said. ?So I believe there were a lot of facts missing in what they presented to the grand jury. There are still a lot of unknowns. We?ve been doing a lot of psychiatric evaluations and I don?t have all those reports in yet.?

Allen said he believes Coronado was suffering ?some sort of psychosis? when she allegedly killed her daughters ? Sophia, 2; Yazmine, 16 months; and Xenia, 2 months. After inflicting fatal stab wounds to the girls, she reportedly lined their bodies up on her bed and stabbed herself in the chest. Coronado?s mother, Julie Piercey, arrived at the home and discovered her daughter, who allegedly lunged at her with the knife before Piercey took it from her and went outside.

Coronado?s husband, Rudy, had been outside the home working on his pickup truck.

Coronado?s charges include the sentence-enhancing special allegations that she used a deadly and dangerous weapon in the commission of the crime, and that she committed multiple murders.

Allen said that Coronado is on anti-psychotic medication and is awaiting trial in the psychiatric ward at Twin Towers Correctional Facility in downtown Los Angeles.

Deputy District Attorney Emily Spear, who is handling the case, could not be reached for comment.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    She's obviously mentally ill, what's the point of locking her up without treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    She's obviously mentally ill, what's the point of locking her up without treatment?
    I guess as long as they keep the male guards away they figure no-ones going to get hurt (& I missed pg 2 at the time, so just in case, that was a comment on sex & pregnancy in women's correctional facilities guys - not a suggestion men cause psychosis)

California mom gets life in prison for stabbing her 3 daughters to death

The California mom who stabbed her three young daughters to death with a kitchen knife was sentenced to life in prison without parole on Monday.

Carol Ann Coronado, 32, was found covered in blood on a bed beside her lifeless children inside their working-class house south of LAX Airport on May 20, 2014.

She killed 2-year-old Sophia, 16-month-old Yazmine and 2-month-old Xenia before injuring herself with self-inflicted stab wounds, prosecutors said.

Coronado pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity four months later, but a judge found she was sane at the time of the unspeakable crime.

She was convicted of three counts of first-degree murder late last year after a bench trial.
    Her defense attorney maintains she was suffering from postpartum psychosis.

?She had a zoned-out look? as she was led away in handcuffs, neighbor Ashley Madrid, 27, told the Los Angeles Times in 2014.

Husband Rudy Coronado thought he saw ?a demon? inside his wife when he discovered the shocking scene after working on a truck across the street, a relative told The Times.

Coronado's lawyer pleaded for leniency and asked the judge to send her to a mental hospital instead of jail, City News Service reported Monday.

The judge declined and said any treatment ?will have to be in state prison.?

The motive for the heart-rending tragedy remains a mystery, but prosecutors said Coronado may have wanted revenge on her husband, who told her he was considering a divorce, the Daily Breeze reported.

The day of the murders, one of the girls had a messy accident in the bathroom, and that may have led Coronado to snap, prosecutors suggested.

Her obstetrician reportedly testified that Coronado showed no signs of depression after the birth of her third daughter two months earlier.

Coronado?s lawyer has said he plans to appeal.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2516874

Thread Information