Thread: Michael Alig "Party Monster/Club Kid" released after 17 year sentence

Michael Alig "Party Monster/Club Kid" released after 17 year sentence

Michael Alig, the notorious king of New York?s Club Kids in the late 1980s who went to prison for murdering his drug dealer in 1996, has been freed on bail

Michael back in the day

Michael since hes been released

Andre Melendez

New York's most infamous club kid was released from prison after 17 years earlier this week, and made his first on-camera interview with HuffPost Live Monday.

Michael Alig was imprisoned in 1997 after pleading guilty to killing, dismembering and dumping the body parts of his friend and fellow club kid Andre "Angel" Melendez into the Hudson River. The story became legendary when Macaulay Culkin portrayed Alig in the cult classic "Party Monster" based off of the book Disco Bloodbath by James St. James.
    His accomplice, roommate Robert Riggs, otherwise known as 'Freeze', was also sentenced to 10 to 20 years in prison after he confessed to manslaughter.

Originally from Indiana, Alig moved to New York in the early 1980s to attend Fordham University but later dropped out and became involved in the New York underground club scene as a promoter.

Even before his conviction, Alig and his fellow Club Kids had grabbed national attention for their outrageous Manhattan dance parties that showcased sex, rampant drug use and over-the-top costumes.

Interview @ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5297256.html

James St. James wrote him a letter, of course it's posted on his blog. It was an amusing read:

http://worldofwonder.net/dear-michael-alig/

I never thought I would see him released.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

I watched his interview. Some might disagree, but I think he's truly remorseful. In the interview he wasn't making excuses. He didn't try to blame anyone or drag someone else through the mud (hhmmm hhhmm JodiGapingAssholeArias). He said what we have said in so many different discussions on this site in reference to certain criminals. He said he was an addict, but he himself chose that path. He made the shit choices that resulted in the horrible death of Angel Melendez. He holds himself fully accountable.

Seeing his interview gave me a different insight other than what was on American Justice and other documentaries. If he is truly sincere, he will stay clean and be of service to others. If he wants to make things good to the Melendez family, he will try to bring a positive out of such a horrible tragedy. Maybe save a kid or two that's headed down the wrong path.

It would be real easy to say he is a lying manipulative sociopath doing his thing. And I will take some major shit for my opinion, I'm sure. I'll be the first to call myself a dumbass if I'm wrong. But wouldn't it be nice if some people can find redemption?
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 05-14-2014 at 04:50 PM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Is the interview online?

Miller if you Google Michael Alig Huffington post interview you will find video link. I'm on mobile and having trouble with posting links.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Watched interview, and then Party Monster again. Could have been drug fueled...I don't think he'll kill again. He does drugs again, likely he'll OD.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Miller if you Google Michael Alig Huffington post interview you will find video link. I'm on mobile and having trouble with posting links.
    Thanks! I read the piece he wrote and another one last night. I can't recall what outlets they were from, I linked through from gawker. Its interesting to say the least.

For some reason, I keep thinking he would looovve this site.lol.

Queen...me too!!!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    He's probably reading this. Right. Now.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN....

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

No we aren't bougie enough..lol....although...he would've been a hoot in some of the other threads. Namely the JA thread. Don't you know her greasy bang count and her courtroom shennigans would have been fodder for great commentary by Mr. Alig. Somebody needs to get his email and send him an invite.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    He's gonna shit himself when he sees what happened to Limelight.

I was 20 when this shit went down. I was going to Gatian's clubs back then, but I definitely wasn't a Club Kid. I recently saw something about the club folks and started googling.. and it was depressing to see half the people we used to see around ate dead, locked up, or MIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

In one of his interviews he was talking about how many of his club kid friends had died from ODing.

In one of his interviews he was talking about how many of his club kid friends had died from ODing.
    probably a good chance he would have od'd himself if he wasn't a total psychopath who made his drug dealer bang drano and then chopped him up and threw him in the hudson.

Drugs make people do so fucked up inhuman shit.

Drugs make people do so fucked up inhuman shit.
    iiiiiii dunnnnooooo. i think you have to be somewhat inclined to do fucked up shit to begin with and drugs just help you along.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    iiiiiii dunnnnooooo. i think you have to be somewhat inclined to do fucked up shit to begin with and drugs just help you along.
    this

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I agree with this. When I tripped out on Shrooms, I would lay in the grass and envision the yellow top dandelions and fluffy white top dandelions being at war against each other. The white fluffy tops had paratroopers that the wind would release (it was a whole thing lol).

Never once did I find the urge to cut someone up and throw them in the river.

The only thing drugs MAKE you do is perhaps steal and rob out if desperation to get more. They don't make you in to some vicious joy killer. What they can do is let down your inhibitions so that you act out what is ALREADY in your psyche.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I agree with what most people are saying. It's like alcohol really, you see what I call 'happy drunks' which are hammered people who are good fun and just laugh and roll about as it's their nature magnified and uninhibited by the drink. Then you get drunks who just want a start a fight with anyone and anything, people, animals, walls...

No idea who the guy is but if you all still are thinking of sending an invite, get yourselves onto Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/alig_aligula?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I agree with this. When I tripped out on Shrooms, I would lay in the grass and envision the yellow top dandelions and fluffy white top dandelions being at war against each other. The white fluffy tops had paratroopers that the wind would release (it was a whole thing lol).

Never once did I find the urge to cut someone up and throw them in the river.

The only thing drugs MAKE you do is perhaps steal and rob out if desperation to get more. They don't make you in to some vicious joy killer. What they can do is let down your inhibitions so that you act out what is ALREADY in your psyche.
    True. True. I was never a bastard on drugs. I strongly believe you have to have the capacity to be a shitbag in you prior to the drugs. Unless of course you are taking some mad, zombie face eating shit. Which I haven't done.

Thread Information