Thread: 1 Dead, 6 Injured At Child's Birthday Party Shooting

1 Dead, 6 Injured At Child's Birthday Party Shooting

A child?s birthday party at a neighborhood park in the Natomas area turned into a scene of grief and horror Saturday after gunmen attacked the party, killing one man and wounding six others, including a 7-year-old child.

About 5 p.m., gunmen approached the party at Peregrine Park on foot and began firing, said Officer Doug Morse, Sacramento police spokesman.

They fled in a vehicle, though Morse said police were not ready to release a description of either the shooters or vehicle.

?There were so many eyewitnesses,? Morse said. ?Detectives are trying to talk to everyone they can.?

The shooting happened at a playground with blue-and-yellow play structures and picnic tables on the edge of a newer neighborhood of stuccoed houses with tile roofs.

The victim who died was a man in his 20s. His body lay beneath a sliding board, his face uncovered, for hours after the shooting.

A large blue Cookie Monster figure was on one of the picnic tables. An inflatable playhouse had collapsed. Clothing and shoes were scattered about.

Morse said the other six victims had injuries that were not life-threatening. A 7-year-old child was among those wounded but is expected to survive, he said.

Some of those who were shot drove themselves to hospitals or were taken by friends or family members, he said. Others went by ambulance.

Police did not identify the victims, and the Sacramento County Coroner?s Office had not released the name of the dead man Saturday night.

Near the park on Guadalajara Way, mourners and onlookers stood talking in small groups, some smoking cigarettes as the sun set.

At one point about, about a dozen gathered in a circle to pray with a chaplain. A young woman leaned her head on the chaplain?s shoulder and sobbed.

From time to time, women wailed or cried.

Among them was Denise James, who said the man who was fatally shot was her 29-year-old son-in-law. She said he had a young son who would now grow up without a father.

?They came in the party and shot my son-in-law,? James said. ?They took him away too early.?
    http://www.sacbee.com/2014/05/10/639...-shooting.html

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    http://www.sacbee.com/2014/05/10/639...-shooting.html

The shooting happened at a playground with blue-and-yellow play structures and picnic tables on the edge of a newer neighborhood of stuccoed houses with tile roofs.
    Thank God they thought to include these critical details

Hmm. Gang-related or drug-related?
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

On a positive note, that kid's birthday parties can only go uphill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

How 'bout we meet in the middle and say THUG related.
    Assholes!

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Someone took a game of cops and robbers a littttle too far.

The Natomas area scares me and I refuse to drive anywhere near there.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

They were probably trying to say that this wasn't the "bad" area of Natomas. That place is so full of crime....

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    They were probably trying to say that this wasn't the "bad" area of Natomas. That place is so full of crime....
    That was sort of my impression as well; but at the same time the article was pretty lacking in other details like more details on the victims. Or a believed motive?

Ok, so i was searching kind of blindly and i found this Denise James https://www.facebook.com/denise.james.1694 (just in case you were interested :b)

I found this funding for him. There, they mention that it was at a birthday party and the description match him.

I have also found his FB https://www.facebook.com/cobe.mac

And his son's mother FB: https://www.facebook.com/sha.gaston

He seemed like a loving father. RIP.

Sorry for the double post but i forgot to include the link for the man's funding and i can't edit my posts ): here it is: https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais...james-s-family

Thanks! Great find:)

Thread Information