Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Son Keeps Mom's Body in Freezer For Three Years To Collect Benefits

Son Keeps Mom's Body in Freezer For Three Years To Collect Benefits

I'm confused as to why he had to keep the body. Couldn't he have buried her somewhere?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...r-3-years.html

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    SOMERSET, Ky. — A Kentucky man kept his dead mother in a freezer for three years while spending her Social Security checks, then killed himself as police tried to unravel the mystery of what happened to her, according to the Pulaski County sheriff’s office.

Police suspect that Jon Whiteford dumped the body of his mother, Faye B. Whiteford, who would have been 96 this year, at an empty house after he was forced to move out of the home they had shared.

A detective found the body on April 23, wrapped in a tarp and lying in the yard, according to a news release issued yesterday.

The grim case began to unfold in February, when federal investigators contacted Sheriff Todd Wood for help in locating Faye Whiteford, a retired school teacher, and her son.

The Social Security Administration was paying monthly benefits to Faye Whiteford, but she had not logged a medical claim in her name for about three years — an obvious red flag, given her age.

Federal agents told sheriff’s detectives that Whiteford’s son had access to her finances.

Detectives went to Whiteford’s home in Science Hill, but it was empty.

In early March, police located Jon Whiteford, 59, when he went to the Social Security office in Somerset to apply for benefits in his name.

Whiteford told police that his home had been repossessed and that he had been living in his car.

He also confirmed that his mother was dead, but he refused to say how or when she died or tell them where her body was.

As police investigated, they learned that Jon Whiteford was staying at a house next door to where he had lived with his mother in Science Hill.

A deputy went to the house on March 29 to talk to Whiteford again. As the deputy stood at the door, Whiteford pulled a pistol and killed himself, said Lt. detective Brett Whitaker.

Police kept trying to find out what had happened to Faye Whiteford. They eventually received information suggesting that her son had been trying to rent a house in neighboring Wayne County.

On April 23, Whitaker went to that house, an older structure in need of repair in a rural area.

Whitaker found a tied-up tarpaulin lying in the yard beside the driveway at the house, with Faye Whiteford’s body inside.

The body’s identity was confirmed this week, state police said.

The investigation indicated that Faye Whiteford had been bedridden for several years, and that her son was her primary caregiver and had control of her finances. She didn’t have other close relatives nearby, Whitaker said.

People who knew the family said Whiteford died of natural causes sometime in 2011.

Jon Whiteford decided to continue drawing his mother’s Social Security and retirement benefits, making the “fateful decision” to her body in a freezer until he was forced to move out of their home, according to Wood’s office.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Sons obit: (pic at link but I'm on my ipad so it didn't show in C&P. No fb that I can find)
    http://somersetkyobits.com/Jon%20Eve...Whiteford.html

Jon Everette Whiteford

July 5, 1954 - March 29, 2014

Jon Everette Whiteford, 59, passed away suddenly on Saturday, March 29th 2014.

He was born on July 5 1954 in Bloomfield, Michigan to the late Clifford C. Whiteford, a Ford motor Co. Vice President and Faye Benjey Whiteford, a teacher in the Pulaski School System. He was also preceded in death by his maternal grandmother, Mrs Benjey. and a half brother Richard Whiteford of Detroit. He is survived by a cousin, Betty Ann Cumming of Newport News, Va.

Jon moved here in his early teens to the family farm, Fairlane Farms and Stables in Eubank. He attended Eubank High School, Somerset Community College, and The University of Kentucky.

Jon was a computer expert and had his own computer company in Lexington and in Somerset. His latest project was in video production.

He was very sociable and had many friends.

A celebration of Jon's life will be held at his favorite hangout, King Buffet, on Thursday April 10th at 6:30 PM. All who knew Jon are welcome.

This announcement courtesy of Southern Oaks Funeral Home.
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Jon's pic -

His mother, Faye

Norman Bates

Happy Mother's Day...

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    3 years is a decent run.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Woah.

His memorial service is gonna be at a place called
    King Buffet? That's awesome. I want mine to be at Denny's.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Wasn't there a dude one time who would dress up like his dead mom & go cash her checks at the bank?

Anyone remember the twin brothers that killed their mom and continued to live with her rotting corpse? Takes special people to live with a rotting corpse.

Awww. His Mom looks nice. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    His memorial service is gonna be at a place called
    King Buffet? That's awesome. I want mine to be at Denny's.
    Are you sure? Might be a boyfriend and a few kids living in the bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Wasn't there a dude one time who would dress up like his dead mom & go cash her checks at the bank?
    "Like" or "in" ?

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    I do remember hearing about this, actually? Maybe crime TV? Gonna go look now

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    "Like" or "in" ?
    Daayuum! Lol going all "silence of the lambs" on us?

Eta: yup. Here we go:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8421K320120503

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    I'm confused as to why he had to keep the body. Couldn't he have buried her somewhere?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...r-3-years.html

Maybe he had some intention of thawing her out and having her declared dead someday. He just never could give up those checks.

This reminds me of Shameless all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    I do remember hearing about this, actually? Maybe crime TV? Gonna go look now

Daayuum! Lol going all "silence of the lambs" on us?

Eta: yup. Here we go:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8421K320120503
    Lol. Think tackier with a MUCH lower budget & (very) dated special effects...

It's "DERANGED"- The Ed Gein story

My dad got my copy for me. It turns out we shared a secret love of extremely bad murder movies - & you really won't find much worse than this one (well, except maybe "Gore Gore Girls")

Lol. Think tackier with a MUCH lower budget & (very) dated special effects...

It's "DERANGED"- The Ed Gein story

My dad got my copy for me. It turns out we shared a secret love of extremely bad murder movies - & you really won't find much worse than this one (well, except maybe "Gore Gore Girls")
    Ah yes, Ed Gein. The original Leatherface

It's creepy. But the way money is tight these days, I can understand the reasoning why they do it. But the body wouldn't be living in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by cutiepuff View Post
    It's creepy. But the way money is tight these days, I can understand the reasoning why they do it. But the body wouldn't be living in the house.

Lol. The body probably won't be living anywhere??

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Wha happened?

Lol. The body probably won't be living anywhere??
    You have to remember to water every 3 days, at least.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    You have to remember to water every 3 days, at least.
    Of course. You mean like this right?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/2...ect=no&oswrr=1

Mexican forensic expert Alejandro Hernandez dips dry, yellowish cadavers in a see-through bath, hoping his technique to rehydrate mummified bodies will solve murders in crime-infested Ciudad Juarez.

The city bordering Texas has endured drug-related violence and a wave of murders of women in recent years, with bodies dumped anywhere and drying up quickly in the desert climate, complicating the task of identifying victims and their cause of death.

With his special solution, whose recipe he keeps secret, Hernandez can rehydrate bodies, making facial features as well as gunshot or stab wounds reappear.

Thread Information