Thread: Britney Cross (21) was beaten to death and Clayton Courtney (28) has been charged with her murder

Britney Cross (21) was beaten to death and Clayton Courtney (28) has been charged with her murder

Her FB: https://www.facebook.com/britney278
    Claytons FB:https://www.facebook.com/clayton.courtney.7

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/...257927421.html

UPDATED Tuesday, May 6, 2014 --- 2:02 p.m.

Janesville Police have identified the body found Monday as Britney Cross. Clayton Courtney is the lone suspect in the case.

Cross died from blunt force trauma to the head. Police say she is an acquaintance of Courtney.

Police want to know where Britney Cross was between May 2nd and May 5th, and ask anyone with information to call authorities.

Police also want to know the whereabouts of a truck between May 1st and May 5th. To view pictures of the truck, click on the ?View Gallery? button above the video player.

Call the Janesville Area Crime Stoppers at (608) 756-3636 or the Janesville Police Department at (608) 755-3100 if you have information.

UPDATED Tuesday, May 6, 2014 --- 12:23 p.m.

Family members say the woman found dead by Janesville Police early Monday morning is 21-year-old Britney Cross.

Tuesday morning, Britney's mother and brother told NBC15 News that police informed them of Britney's death. Janesville Police have not commented on this information but plan to hold a 1:00 p.m. news conference.

Police want to know where Britney Cross was between May 2nd and May 5th, and ask anyone with information to call authorities.

Britney?s family says she was friends with Clayton Courtney. He is already charged with attempted homicide from a Sunday incident. In that case police say he stabbed his best friend.

Britney?s family says she went to hang out with Courtney on Sunday and never returned.

UPDATED Tuesday, May 6, 2014 --- 9:03 a.m.

Janesville Police will hold a press conference at 1:00 p.m. Tuesday on the investigation into a body that was found early Monday morning near the Rock River.

Stay with nbc15.com for the latest developments in this case.

__________________________________________________ __

UPDATED Monday, May 5, 2014 --- 2:00 p.m.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Police in Janesville have discovered a dead woman near the Rock River and are investigating whether a man arrested in an apartment stabbing is responsible.

Police said in a statement Monday that officers were called to an apartment on Sunday evening to investigate reports of a stabbing. They discovered a 28-year-old man had suffered a near fatal stab wound.

They caught another 28-year-old man as he tried to flee from the scene. That man apparently said he had killed three people earlier that night and had told others he was going to drink and do drugs with a woman under a bridge.

Officers searched the area around the bridge early Monday morning and discovered a dead woman behind a former furniture store. Authorities haven't released her name.

Copyright 2014. The Associated Press.

UPDATED Monday, May 5, 2014 --- 12:15 p.m.

Janesville Police say the body found near the Rock River early Monday morning is that of a woman, and they are investigating to see if the death is connected to Clayton Courtney.

Courtney is in custody in an attempted homicide investigation. To read more on that story, click HERE.

Police say prior to a fight and stabbing Courtney was allegedly involved in, he attempted to set a vehicle on fire. He also allegedly damaged cabinets in the kitchen of an apartment. Police say that during this rage, Courtney said ?I?ve already killed three people tonight? and ?We are all going to die?.

Officers found Courtney covered in mud and blood. The mud on Courtney was not consistent with the crime scene of the fight (N. Pontiac Drive).

During their investigation, police discovered that Courtney was believed to have been in the area of the Memorial Street Bridge, and he told others that he was going to drink and do drugs with a female friend under the bridge.

Police searched the area by the bridge Monday morning, and discovered the body of a woman.

Right now officers are investigating to see if Courtney is connected to the body. Police say if they take Courtney at his word, there may be two additional victims.

Officers ask the public to call authorities if they have any information or have seen anything suspicious.

Police ask anyone with information on Courtney or any suspicious activity to call Janesville Police Department at 755-3100 or CrimeStoppers at 756-3636.

Officers say the body does not appear to be that of missing person Mary Coulthard. Police say it appears to be someone much younger.

UPDATED Monday, May 5, 2014 --- 10:55 a.m.
    Posted Monday, May 5, 2014 --- 7:20 a.m.

Janesville Police are investigating after a body was found early Monday morning near The Janesville Ice Company building.

This is also near the Rock River.

Officers say the body does not appear to be that of missing person Mary Coulthard. Police say it appears to be someone much younger.

No other information has been given. Police plan to release more details during a press conference at 11:00 a.m. Monday.

Crap. I have no idea why I put stabbing in the title, can someone please fix?
    They believe she was beaten to death.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1782167

Snipped--
    Clayton Courtney, 28, is believed to have beaten to death Britney Cross, 21, and hidden her body by a bridge in Janesville. The murder came before Courtney attacked his roommate with a knife, threatened to kill the man's pregnant girlfriend and claimed to have killed three people on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz30zeLcZ9B

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Lovely. I wonder if he really did kill three others that night
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.facebook.com/search/keyw...ritney%20cross

From the posts on she broke up with him.

Jason (Last name deleted)
    Yesterday at 7:30pm ?
    Rip Britney cross u will be missed
    Share ? 927
    9 people like this.

Andrew (Last name deleted) What happened to her ?
    Yesterday at 7:34pm

Jason (Last name deleted) she was murder by that piece of shit i hope he never sees daylight again
    Yesterday at 7:50pm ? 1

Andrew (Last name deleted) Fuck that. He deserves to die not sit in jail
    Yesterday at 7:52pm ? 1

Andrew(Last name deleted) Damn
    Yesterday at 7:58pm

Greg (Last name deleted) Death is to easy. Let him rot in prison the rest of his life.
    Yesterday at 8:00pm ? 1

Christopher (Last name deleted) how do you know that? they havent released any names yet?
    Yesterday at 8:00pm

Andrew (Last name deleted) Let him rot is good if our tax money didn't go to that piece of shit
    Yesterday at 8:03pm ? 1

Ashleigh (Last name deleted) How do u know it was Brittany
    Yesterday at 8:04pm

Andrew (Last name deleted) Yes Andrew. He will plea insanity and live out his days. He deserves a slow painful death
    Yesterday at 8:05pm ? 1

Greg (Last name deleted) Andrew, it costs the tax payers more money to put someone to death than to just let them rot in prison
    Yesterday at 8:07pm

Andrew (Last name deleted) 22 bullets are cheap. Start at the knees and work your way up
    Yesterday at 8:10pm ? 3

Greg (Last name deleted) If only it were that easy, this country would be much better off
    Yesterday at 8:29pm ? 1

Jason (Last name deleted) fuck bullet i want to choke him to death and as i do it look him in his eyes to see his fear as he is dying
    Yesterday at 8:33pm ? 4

Andrew (Last name deleted) I agree Jason
    Yesterday at 8:33pm

Jason (Last name deleted) we are setting up a account on facebook to except donations to help the family with expenses any donations would be appreciated and when the site is set up i will post the site
    Yesterday at 9:04pm ? 2

Roberta (Last name deleted) RIP Britney
    Yesterday at 10:15pm

Amanda (Last name deleted) R.I.P Britney!
    Yesterday at 10:31pm

Amanda (Last name deleted) When was the name released?
    Yesterday at 10:32pm

Jason (Last name deleted) it hasnt been yet
    Yesterday at 10:33pm ? 1

Amanda (Last name deleted) So Clayton did this to her, weren't they dating?
    Yesterday at 10:38pm

Jason (Last name deleted)no she broke up with him
    Yesterday at 10:40pm ? 1

Amanda (Last name deleted) Ok, also I just heard they found another body @ riverside
    Yesterday at 10:43pm

Greg (Last name deleted) That was from 2007 Amanda. People keep sharing that story but it's 7 years old
    Yesterday at 10:47pm ? 1

Amanda (Last name deleted) ok! Lol, they were saying it happened today, freaking people! Geez
    Yesterday at 10:50pm

Jennifer(Last name deleted) How did she die? That's so sad. I thought it was her when I first heard about it
    Yesterday at 10:51pm ? Edited

Roberta (Last name deleted) I hope that the don of a bitch get's his ass kicked.
    Yesterday at 10:59pm ? 1

Steve (last name deleted) Dang I will help if I can
    4 hrs

What a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Brittney is the loser. Fuckkk Clay

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

His recent activity on facebook says he liked the watershed addiction treatment program and his video from April 5 is annoying.

Whoa. Interesting look (he rubbed most of the mud off when he turned up at his best mates & went on a knife rampage)

http://fox6now.com/2014/05/06/victim...y-cross-story/

JANESVILLE (WITI) ? Clayton Courtney ? the Janesville man who claims he has killed three people made his first appearance in court on Tuesday, May 6th. This, on the same day Janesville police identified a body discovered near a Rock River bridge on Monday.

The body has been identified as belonging to 21-year-old Britney Cross of Edgerton, Wisconsin.

Officials say Cross was reported to be an acquaintance or girlfriend of Clayton Courtney.

Cross? death is now deemed a homicide. An autopsy has determined she died due to blunt force trauma to her head.

Officials said on Tuesday that their investigation has revealed that Cross and Courtney were together near Traxler Park in the late afternoon or early evening hours on Sunday, May 4th.

The body of Cross was located early on Monday, May 5th.

Courtney is the lone suspect in the Cross homicide.

Courtney appeared in Rock County court via video on Tuesday afternoon.

He is officially facing six charges ? two of them felonies (including attempted homicide) for an attack on his best friend and roommate Michael Clark on Sunday night, May 4th.

When police responded to the apartment building Courtney shared with Clark, Clark?s pregnant girlfriend, and the couple?s two young children (ages four and six) on Sunday, they found Clark had suffered a near fatal stabbing wound.

?We went to be around 9:30, 10:00 and we just kept hearing banging noises. The kitchen torn apart, cabinet doors pulled off ? blood everywhere. He tried to stab me in the chest. I turned and he got me in my tendon at one of my arteries. ?When he came in, he was just full of mud. He kept saying that he killed three people and he was going to kill me,? Clark said Monday.

Clark said Courtney even threatened his pregnant girlfriend.

?He was talking about cutting the baby out because she was going to get him arrested. That?s when I really, like, I didn?t care if I hurt him or not,? Clark said.

Clark says he?s been friends with Courtney for 15 years ? and let him move in when he needed some help.

He says he never expected what happened on Sunday evening.

?I let him move back in for a month of two ? just to help pay the bills and to help him out. Maybe he was just high or drunk or what ? but that was not Clayton who came home last night,? Clark said.

?I can tell you that we believe that he had taken alcohol and cocaine,? Janesville Police Chief David Moore said.

Chief Moore says Courtney?s admission that he had killed three people ? and statements that he was going to drink and do drugs with a woman under a bridge are what led police to Britney Cross? body.

?We can place Mr. Courtney together with the victim at the time that we believe the death occurred,? Chief Moore said.

Chief Moore says Courtney has not spoken with law enforcement officials since his arrest.

?Upon apprehension, he immediately asked for his attorney by name ? and that pretty much concluded our conversation with him,? Chief Moore said.

Chief Moore says Courtney was driving a blue Dodge truck that has damage to the back of it leading up to Cross? death and the attack on Clark.

Janesville police are asking for the public?s help in this case.

?We`re still very interested in tracking Mr. Courtney`s activities over the last number of days,? Chief Moore said.

Police continue to investigate Courtney?s claim that he has killed three people.

?We`re encouraged that there`s been no report of a missing person or suspicious circumstances in the last day-and-a-half. But to suggest that we`re not resolute with our investigations, no we`re continuing forward,? Chief Moore said.

Courtney has not been charged in Cross? death.

With Courtney in custody in the case involving Clark ? it is allowing police more time to investigate the case ? before he?s officially charged.

Meanwhile, Janesville police continue to investigate a case involving 75-year-old Janesville resident Mary Coulthard.

Coulthard has been missing since Saturday night, May 3rd.

Police say they are not ruling out Clayton Courtney as a potential suspect in this case.

Officials say there are no new leads following water and air searches of the Rock River on Tuesday, May 6th.

Coulthard?s family is concerned about her health issues.
    Pre mud & murder

Post mud, murder & after the comedown. Not so smiley now...

Last edited by blighted star; 05-08-2014 at 02:43 AM.

This is all kinds of fucked up. He wasn't making it up

http://m.wisn.com/news/body-pulled-f...ville/25905640

JANESVILLE, Wis. -

Woman's body pulled from Rock River in Janesville By Amy Smith, Staff Writer Published On: May 09 2014 06:18:46 PM CDT Updated On: May 09 2014 10:45:52 PM CDT

Janesville police said the body of a woman at least 60 years old was pulled from the Rock River in Janesville on Friday evening.

The body had to obvious signs of trauma, police told WISN 12 News, but a positive ID has not yet been made.

A teenage fisherman spotted the body in the river. An autopsy will be performed.

Police have been searching for 75-year-old Mary Coulthard, of Janesville, since Saturday

Police said they had found her purse in a garbage can, but have not been able to locate her. Air and water searches have not turned up any evidence.

Earlier this week, Janesville police arrested 28-year-old Clayton Courtney, who is accused of stabbing his roommate, Michael Clark, and killing Britney Cross, 21.

"He kept saying, 'I killed three people. I'm going to kill more,'" Clark said.

Janesville Police Chief David Moore said they do not know whether Coulthard's disappearance is connected to Courtney.

Thread Information