Thread: North Carolina man hit by plane while riding lawn mower

North Carolina man hit by plane while riding lawn mower

Didn't see a thread on this. Is it wrong for me to giggle?

http://www.wkrn.com/story/25350612/n...le-mowing-yard

A man riding a lawn mower was seriously injured after he was hit by a small plane.

The incident happened Saturday at North Carolina?s Taylorsville Airport.

The NY Daily News reports the pilot, 84-year-old Edward Sisson, was flying in from Crossville, Tennessee and was trying to touch down on a grassy landing strip. Sisson ended up hitting John Ruffy, 74, as he rode a lawn mower going in the same direction.

Ruffy?s hand was severed by the plane?s propeller, and he was airlifted to a nearby hospitalized where he remains in critical condition. Sisson was not injured.

Officials said the airport is privately owned and does not have a traffic control operator.

The National Transportation and Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration are investigating the incident. No charges have been filed in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Didn't see a thread on this. Is it wrong for me to giggle?

http://www.wkrn.com/story/25350612/n...le-mowing-yard

A man riding a lawn mower was seriously injured after he was hit by a small plane.

The incident happened Saturday at North Carolina?s Taylorsville Airport.

The NY Daily News reports the pilot, 84-year-old Edward Sisson, was flying in from Crossville, Tennessee and was trying to touch down on a grassy landing strip. Sisson ended up hitting John Ruffy, 74, as he rode a lawn mower going in the same direction.

Ruffy?s hand was severed by the plane?s propeller, and he was airlifted to a nearby hospitalized where he remains in critical condition. Sisson was not injured.

Officials said the airport is privately owned and does not have a traffic control operator.

The National Transportation and Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration are investigating the incident. No charges have been filed in the case.
    I think 84 years old is too old to be flying a plane

Did he not see the dude on the riding lawn mower?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Sadly, there is no mandatory maximum age for piloting as long as they pass a physical. Poor dude on the mower.
    I Feel More Like I Do Now Than When I Got Here

OMG, he mowed down the old guy, poor thing.

fuck...I just earned another reserved spot in hell.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thread Information