Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Missing People Found Years Later

I don't know how you can disappear for 11 years in this age of technology. It's certainly getting harder and harder.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2022/02...ulster-county/

4-Year-Old Paislee Shultis, Missing Since 2019, Found Alive In Ulster County

A 4-year-old child reported missing in July of 2019 has been found alive.

Paislee Shultis was reported missing from the village of Cayuga Heights in Tompkins County.

At the time, police said they believed she was abducted by her non-custodial parents, Kimberly Cooper and Kirk Shultis.

On Tuesday, police received information the child was being held inside a home in Ulster County.

Officers say they found her inside the home in a secret makeshift room under a closed staircase leading to the basement on Tuesday night.

Paislee was allegedly found with her accused abductor, Cooper. She was examined and released in good health.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2022/02...ulster-county/

4-Year-Old Paislee Shultis, Missing Since 2019, Found Alive In Ulster County
    Whoa that is crazy! Good news, though!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Officers say they found her inside the home in a secret makeshift room under a closed staircase leading to the basement on Tuesday night.
    WTF, they were hiding her in the basement?!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

If it was a "closed" staircase, how could there be a way under it?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    If it was a "closed" staircase, how could there be a way under it?
    It was like a pullout space apparently.

https://people.com/crime/paislee-shu...der-staircase/

It's filthy and disgusting. Also, it doesn't look like she was only hidden there temporarily - looks like she spent some time there. These people are animals.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    It's filthy and disgusting. Also, it doesn't look like she was only hidden there temporarily - looks like she spent some time there. These people are animals.
    Agree. This wasn't a temporary hiding place. This poor girl!

Agree. This wasn't a temporary hiding place. This poor girl!
    Right? You want to think that (in most cases) when the non-custodial parent takes off with a child it's because they love them and want them. This was clearly not the case. I wonder how they figured out she was there? That People magazine article is confusing, so the parents removed her from a foster situation?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    1. You can't tell me that the Grandfather didn't know that little girl was there. He's full of shit.

2. Why are they not charged with actual kidnapping or any other felonies?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/16/us/mi...ter/index.html

He went missing nearly 3 years ago. Deputies found him shivering outside a gas station 700 miles away

Authorities in Summit County, Utah, had been hearing about a young man wandering the area with a shopping cart for several weeks.

When they encountered him last Saturday, they discovered he was reported missing nearly three years ago in northern California, more than 700 miles away.

Sheriff's deputies responded to a gas station on the morning of April 9 in the greater Park City area, after a "concerned community member" reported seeing the man sleeping there, the Summit County Sheriff's Office said in a Facebook post. The area is about a 40-minute drive from Salt Lake City.

Deputies offered the man to sit inside one of their vehicles to warm up and began researching who he was, the sheriff's office said. "Through past interactions and the Saturday interaction, it was clear to deputies that the man communicated differently," the sheriff's office said, and also included an autism awareness hashtag on its Facebook post.

A dispatcher began looking through pages on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children website, and more than a dozen pages in, came across a missing poster for Connerjack Oswalt.

Oswalt, now 19, had been reported missing in September 2019 from Clearlake, California, northwest of Sacramento and roughly an 11.5-hour drive from Summit County.
    Authorities believed it was the same person they had found shivering at the gas station.

"Deputies began making phone calls and were able to make contact with Connerjack's mother," Summit County Sheriff's Lt. Andrew Wright told CNN in an email.

His mother told authorities Oswalt had a distinctive birthmark on his neck. Deputies found the mark on Oswalt, Wright said.

Though authorities had previous interactions with Oswalt prior to that day, he had not shared who he was and police "didn't have reason to demand his information because he wasn't violating the law," Wright said.

Oswalt's stepfather and grandfather went to Park City, Utah, to identify him in person and be reunited, Wright told CNN.

In one of two bodycam videos sent to CNN from the sheriff's office, Oswalt's stepfather is seen exclaiming in disbelief as police show him a mug shot of Oswalt to confirm it was the same person. Wright told CNN Oswalt had a previous arrest warrant.

"Is it him?" Oswalt's mother can be heard from the phone, which was on speaker.

"A little bit older, but yeah," Oswalt's stepfather responds.

"My sweetheart's alive," the mother is heard saying, while sobbing on the phone. "Can you go get him please?"

Oswalt's mother and stepfather moved to Idaho Falls, Idaho, since he went missing, authorities said.

Oswalt was still receiving care and resources and has not yet gone to Idaho, Wright said.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/16/us/mi...ter/index.html

He went missing nearly 3 years ago. Deputies found him shivering outside a gas station 700 miles away
    erg. I'm glad they found him, and I hope he is returning to a loving, caring family. But. I have to wonder... I always have to wonder. Did he run away from a bad situation? Or just wander off? Or did someone ditch him? Obviously, there are mental health issues at play and if his family can provide a safe loving home, that's great... but who moves away while their child is missing? Yeah I know it's been 3 year... Of course who is going to care for him if the family doesn't? It's not like he's been doing great on his own...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    1. You can't tell me that the Grandfather didn't know that little girl was there. He's full of shit.

2. Why are they not charged with actual kidnapping or any other felonies?!
    If I recall correctly, the parents were/are on drugs and had their kids removed by DCS. This child they kidnapped from school because they didn't want to lose her to the system. She wasn't hidden under the stairs the entire time, she would play outside and I think that she went to school. This wasn't the first time the police came looking, that's why they had such a prepared hiding spot. I felt sorry for the child(Ren) that they left behind, how they're kids. Oh and it wasn't the system, but mom's sister/mother/aunt who has custody of the other kids. That's what raised my eyebrow, family adoption and carers are usually better. I need to find a update, the neighbors were pretty upset about the child being removed from the home, as if the grandpa and parents didn't kidnap the poor child.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    erg. I'm glad they found him, and I hope he is returning to a loving, caring family. But. I have to wonder... I always have to wonder. Did he run away from a bad situation? Or just wander off? Or did someone ditch him? Obviously, there are mental health issues at play and if his family can provide a safe loving home, that's great... but who moves away while their child is missing? Yeah I know it's been 3 year... Of course who is going to care for him if the family doesn't? It's not like he's been doing great on his own...
    All of this.

Thread Information