Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing People Found Years Later

Missing People Found Years Later

I thought these were pretty interesting, and I had never heard of most of these. Sorry I can only paste the link, the way the article is done I'm not sure how to copy & paste the context. Definitely worth reading though. Makes me want to google some of these cases....

http://www.kcra.com/national/20045956

Also, this could be a good start of a thread where anyone can post other stories of people who have been missing for years and then found alive. Post away!!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The Steven Taynor boy actually has a longer and sad story. Steven died in a motorcycle accident in 1989. The boy that Steven escaped with died from a pulmonary embolism at 35. Last but certainly not least is Steven's brother Cary Stayner who was a serial killer that murdered 4 women in the Yosimete National Park in 1999.

http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/io...Thread,9117046
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell...Oscar Wilde

Nic - I meant to post that this was an awesome thread when you first posted.

Tim Carney went missing 2004 and was found alive in 2012. He had a Disappeared episode.

http://triboro.patch.com/groups/poli...y-found-safely

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post

Tim Carney went missing 2004 and was found alive in 2012. He had a Disappeared episode.

Thanks Hopefully more people will add some stuff. I think these stories are the most intriguing...

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Oh wow, I've never heard about this! His car was found pretty much where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    Oh wow, I've never heard about this! His car was found pretty much where I live.
    I spoke to a girl on fb who said she works with him now but that he is quiet and keeps to himself. I find it so fascinating that people can just disappear and still be alive.

I spoke to a girl on fb who said she works with him now but that he is quiet and keeps to himself. I find it so fascinating that people can just disappear and still be alive.
    Yes it truly is amazing how people can just start a new life. I live very close to an airport (about a two minute drive, Newark Liberty Airport in NJ) so it's very possible that he abandoned his car and walked to to the airport.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Marking my spot for later.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    This is some heartless, obnoxious, disgusting shit. How could you do something like that to people?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    This is some heartless, obnoxious, disgusting shit. How could you do something like that to people?
    I've often been so stressed out and desperate that I've thought about just disappearing. Just drop everything, get on a train and just go away. I suppose in a way it's selfish. But when I've thought about it, it was basically a combination of not being able to handle things and feeling like people were better off without me. It's kind of like persona suicide rather than actual suicide would be the best way to describe it.

Haven't you ever fantasized about going someplace where nobody knows you and starting over as someone completely different? Or am I just insane?

Great idea for a thread Nic. This stuff fascinates me. Especially Amnesia cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I've often been so stressed out and desperate that I've thought about just disappearing. Just drop everything, get on a train and just go away. I suppose in a way it's selfish. But when I've thought about it, it was basically a combination of not being able to handle things and feeling like people were better off without me. It's kind of like persona suicide rather than actual suicide would be the best way to describe it.

Haven't you ever fantasized about going someplace where nobody knows you and starting over as someone completely different? Or am I just insane?

Great idea for a thread Nic. This stuff fascinates me. Especially Amnesia cases.
    Fuck no. I have no idea if this speaks to your sanity, but that's not the least bit appealing to me.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Fuck no. I have no idea if this speaks to your sanity, but that's not the least bit appealing to me.
    Wow. I thought everyone thought about it. Color me

That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Sorry. And my life sucks.

This is a comment under the article I posted above. Who knows how legit it is?:

I left home at 15, and have not spoken to anyone in my family for 25 years. A couple of years ago I seen my picture in the missing database. I get a good laugh at it. I didn't ask anyone to look for me.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by noshame View Post
    The Steven Taynor boy actually has a longer and sad story. Steven died in a motorcycle accident in 1989. The boy that Steven escaped with died from a pulmonary embolism at 35. Last but certainly not least is Steven's brother Cary Stayner who was a serial killer that murdered 4 women in the Yosimete National Park in 1999.

http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/io...Thread,9117046
    I remember this! "I know my first name is Steven"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097553/
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

This is a comment under the article I posted above. Who knows how legit it is?:

I left home at 15, and have not spoken to anyone in my family for 25 years. A couple of years ago I seen my picture in the missing database. I get a good laugh at it. I didn't ask anyone to look for me.
    I saw that. It's what got me so disgusted. I mean, even if you have an abusive family you're ducking, there's NO ONE in your life you can inform? If you're reported missing, it means someone gives a shit. a lot of missings are unreported, and that is some sad shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    I remember this! "I know my first name is Steven"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097553/
    Didn't he die on the night of the Emmys or something? Like the night his movie was up, he was dying or something? What a shit life. OK, maybe mine doesn't suck so much after all. I've never been abducted and I have running water. Win.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 04-30-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Hey Ron, you might be thinking about Ryan White and his movie. He was the hemophiliac boy here in Indiana that developed AIDS from a tainted blood transfusion. The movie aired in May 1990 and Ryan had died died April 8, 1990. Ryan became the poster child for AIDS being transmitted through ways other than sex and used needles. Him and his mother fought hard for the right for Ryan to go to school and had the whole town against them, even bullets being shot through the front window. He was a media darling and became close to Micheal Jackson and Elton John and many others. I never met him but it felt like I lost a friend when he died. He had fought so hard and it didn't change his ending.

Lucas Haas played Ryan, Judith Light from Who's the Boss played his mother, and Nikki Cox his sister. Ryan even had a cameo in the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_White

Hey Ron, you might be thinking about Ryan White and his movie. He was the hemophiliac boy here in Indiana that developed AIDS from a tainted blood transfusion. The movie aired in May 1990 and Ryan had died died April 8, 1990. Ryan became the poster child for AIDS being transmitted through ways other than sex and used needles. Him and his mother fought hard for the right for Ryan to go to school and had the whole town against them, even bullets being shot through the front window. He was a media darling and became close to Micheal Jackson and Elton John and many others. I never met him but it felt like I lost a friend when he died. He had fought so hard and it didn't change his ending.

Lucas Haas played Ryan, Judith Light from Who's the Boss played his mother, and Nikki Cox his sister. Ryan even had a cameo in the movie.

Oh, I remember him. But it was definitely this kid I was thinking of, cause I remember the motorcycle accident and his serial killer brother.

I could be wrong on him dying the night on the Emmys, but I could have sworn I heard that somewhere before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...t_in_captivity

Here's another list of kids that were held captive and then recovered.

Looks like I won't be going to sleep anytime soon.

Sorry :(

I don't think I've heard of half of the ones here. There's seems to be an abundance of gross fathers.

Sorry :(

I don't think I've heard of half of the ones here. There's seems to be an abundance of gross fathers.
    I'm only on the Castro case so far, and I know this one already.

Shiiit, this is from your list - the Moe Incest Case. WHERE'S OLIVIA & TREPID!! I need to know if you guys heard of this? Because I haven't & this was Moe, Victoria - as in the "pig's head through the window, toddler missing, Jaidyn Leskie" town of Moe in rural Victoria.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-o...-1226881332594

How much weird shit can one country town be hiding?

The Moe incest case emerged in February 2007 when a woman, identified as M for legal reasons, reported to Victoria Police in the town of Moe, Victoria, Australia that her 63-year-old father, R S J, had raped, physically abused, and kept her a virtual prisoner in her own home between 1977 and 2005.

Police had known about the alleged abuse since 2005, when M first came forward, but could not act because she did not want to cooperate after her father threatened violence against her mother and siblings.

The J family had been known to authorities for more than 30 years at the time the abuse came to light; three of R S J's six children with his wife have died, and others have spent time in state care. The allegations first emerged in a report released by News Limited, which said authorities had been warned of the man's activities years ago but had failed to investigate. [3]

During the years of abuse, M gave birth to four of her father's children, each in major Melbourne hospitals; one child, a girl, died from severe brain and respiratory developmental problems at eleven weeks of age, two of the surviving boys are seriously intellectually disabled, and the third boy has a major speech impediment and social interaction problems. None of the children had fathers listed on their birth certificates, raising concerns about why questions were not asked at the time. The victim's mother was unaware of any abuse, despite sharing a house with her daughter, husband and grandchildren until 2005.

M and her three surviving sons were taken into the care of the Victorian authorities. R S J was charged with 83 sexual abuse offences by police in June 2008 after DNA tests showed he was the father of M's children.
    I wonder if they're related to that NZ mob that they found out the back of Boorowa in December (The "Colt" Family, there's a thread somewhere). They moved into NSW to escape Victorian welfare authorities.

Moe family broken up by Victorian child welfare authorities in 2008 > "Colt" family turns up in Boorowa, New South Wales in 2009 after leaving Vic to avoid the interference of child welfare authorities ...?

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ales-Australia

ETA interesting. Jaidyn Leskie went missing in 1997 & his case is technically unsolved, but it was back on multiple major Aus news sites 2 wks ago.

His body was discovered in a dam 2 yrs after he disappeared from his babysitter's home (mum's new boyfriend was the sitter). His killer's identity was strongly suspected even while Jaidyn was missing. Once he was found there was no question who was responsible. Despite this he was acquitted. There was a huge uproar, but there wasn't a fucking thing anyone could do about it. He literally got away with murder.
    Last edited by blighted star; 04-30-2014 at 05:58 AM.

I did it, sort of. I left a lot of baggage behind when I came to Seattle. I didn't disappear but I started a new life. It was the best decision I ever made.

Thanks! It's rare I have good ideas Sad, but true.

Good idea for a thread: check. Now all I need is one of my posts be cool enough to become someone's sig.

Thread Information