Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Missing People Found Years Later

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by noshame View Post

Lucas Haas played Ryan, Judith Light from Who's the Boss played his mother, and Nikki Cox his sister. Ryan even had a cameo in the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_White

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_White
    ofcourseshedid.

Judith Light was in every freaking Lifetime movie ever

Moment of Truth: (insert overly dramatic second title) starring Judith Light
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...t_in_captivity

Here's another list of kids that were held captive and then recovered.
    I clicked to read about the Chowchilla kidnapping, and this made me giggle:

were afraid of such things as "cars, the dark, the wind, the kitchen, mice, dogs and hippies.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I clicked to read about the Chowchilla kidnapping, and this made me giggle:

were afraid of such things as "cars, the dark, the wind, the kitchen, mice, dogs and hippies.
    Seriously, what was that about?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Seriously, what was that about?
    No idea lol. Guessing the kidnappers were hippies?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The Steven Taynor boy actually has a longer and sad story. Steven died in a motorcycle accident in 1989. The boy that Steven escaped with died from a pulmonary embolism at 35. Last but certainly not least is Steven's brother Cary Stayner who was a serial killer that murdered 4 women in the Yosimete National Park in 1999.

http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/io...Thread,9117046
    I didn't know the guy who killed those women was Steven Stayner's brother! That is crazy. I remember when the murders of the 3 women (the mother, daughter, and friend) happened, because it's not that far from me so it was all over the local news. Not just local of course, it was a huge story. I remember it always being on the news every day, when they were looking for the killer. I didn't even know he killed a 4th person, I just knew of the Carole and Juli Sund and their exchange student. re-reading that last sentence I just typed, I feel bad that I can remember the names of the mother and daughter but not of the exchange student living with them who was also murdered

Thanks! It's rare I have good ideas Sad, but true.

Good idea for a thread: check. Now all I need is one of my posts be cool enough to become someone's sig.
    How do I make this a sig???

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahric13 View Post
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahric13 View Post
    I wish I knew. I know how to make a signature, but not sure how to put someone's quote as one. Anyone?

Staynor wasn't a serial killer, he was a multiple murderer. He murdered three women at the same time who were part of one group, and his fourth victim was also killed in that location within the same time. He's not even qualified as a spree killer, really.

I don't know why he's being called a serial killer. If he's a serial killer than anyone who has killed more than one person at a time is a serial killer.

Trifle, but still.

And Ron, it sounds like the one guy was basically brainwashed by a cult, and that's why he disappeared. But there are plenty of people who come from very abusive families where they may not have any friends as a result of their shitty life who want to run away and start anew, and have no one who deserves to know where they are.

No idea lol. Guessing the kidnappers were hippies?
    Eek. Or a certain multiple personality we're all familiar with??

The story of Gabriel Nagy, of Australia reminded me of the Indy film Walkabout. I don't know why but it did. I love that movie.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    The story of Gabriel Nagy, of Australia reminded me of the Indy film Walkabout. I don't know why but it did. I love that movie.
    I had never heard of this but just looked it up. I'm going to have to check this movie out. Some of the rreeaallyy good twisted films are old(er)

Staynor wasn't a serial killer, he was a multiple murderer. He murdered three women at the same time who were part of one group, and his fourth victim was also killed in that location within the same time. He's not even qualified as a spree killer, really.

I don't know why he's being called a serial killer. If he's a serial killer than anyone who has killed more than one person at a time is a serial killer.

Trifle, but still.

And Ron, it sounds like the one guy was basically brainwashed by a cult, and that's why he disappeared. But there are plenty of people who come from very abusive families where they may not have any friends as a result of their shitty life who want to run away and start anew, and have no one who deserves to know where they are.

Everywhere I looked from Murderpedia to Wiki (I know it not all accurate) he is named as a serial killer. So, I did a lil sleuthing.....

From the FBI
    BBM:
    The term ?serial killings? means a series of three or more killings, not less than one of which was committed within the United States, having common characteristics such as to suggest the reasonable possibility that the crimes were committed by the same actor or actors.

From the same article....
    Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

Very interesting read, btw.
    http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/pu.../serial-murder

Article about Multible murders from About.com....
    BBM:
    Multiple murderers are people who have killed more than one victim. Based on the patterns of their murders, multiple killers are classified into three basic categories -- mass murderers, spree killers, and serial killers.
    http://crime.about.com/od/serial/a/killer_types.htm

I don't care what his is classified as just so he is in a cage for the rest of his miserable little life.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Yeah, he was a multiple murderer, not a serial killer. He just got labeled that to make him more sensationalistic. He killed all those women at the same time and they were part of a group.

Nitpicky but it annoys me because I think it's trying to make him seem a lot more interesting than he is.

Bumping to see if anyone has a cool story to add?

Michele Whitaker:

https://www.goupstate.com/article/NC...s/605182588/SJ

Alive and well: Mystery of missing woman is over

I'm NOT interested in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    I'm NOT interested in this one.
    Why, are you hiding out and running from a previous life?

ETA: oh wait, you mean the woman, don't you? I thought you meant the thread in general.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    ETA: oh wait, you mean the woman, don't you? I thought you meant the thread in general.
    Yeah, this person. I'll slow down for a trainwreck but a couldn't tolerate anyone who could hurt a child like this woman did. She scarred these kids for life. No sympathy if a bus takes her out...

Michele Whitaker:

https://www.goupstate.com/article/NC...s/605182588/SJ

Alive and well: Mystery of missing woman is over
    Whoa, that is crazy. I wish we knew the "why" but seems like we never really find out in these cases.

She was a vagrant for 11 fucking years? I think she has ulterior motives for coming home, that had to do with her arrest. She probably wants a lawyer or financial help. You dont hide out for that long, then suddenly decide to come home.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    She was a vagrant for 11 fucking years? I think she has ulterior motives for coming home, that had to do with her arrest. She probably wants a lawyer or financial help. You dont hide out for that long, then suddenly decide to come home.
    And being homeless? She had a house and food, and chose to leave that for no home and having to bed people for food? My first thought is she has to be mentally ill. To do that for 11 years and then just one day decide, ah fuck this? I would've done that after the first day

https://www.wral.com/fayetteville-mo...safe/20098458/

Fayetteville mom, daughter reported missing in 2017 found safe
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 11:28 AM.

https://www.wral.com/fayetteville-mo...safe/20098458/

Fayetteville mom, daughter reported missing in 2017 found safe
    Wait, so the mom took her daughter and ran because of physical abuse, and they find them and take her daughter from her? There must be way more to this story...

I don't know how you can disappear for 11 years in this age of technology. It's certainly getting harder and harder.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information