Thread: "The Bachelorette" contestant Eric Hill (31) was killed in a paragliding accident

"The Bachelorette" contestant Eric Hill (31) was killed in a paragliding accident

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...iding_accident

^ pic from episode filmed last month ^

UPDATE: He died today-

Sunday, April 20,2014

A Bachelorette contestant is in a medically induced coma following a tragic paragliding accident. Eric Hill, who appears as one of Andi Dorfman's suitors on the upcoming season of The Bachelorette, was critically injured when his parachute partially collapsed, sending him into a mountainside, according to UFA Battalion Chief Brian Anderton.

He was paragliding with friends at the flight park about 3 p.m., when the canopy collapsed 15 to 20 feet from land, sending him crashing into the mountainside, said Anderton.*

"He experienced a partial parachute collapse, which swung him into the mountainside with some velocity," Anderton said. "It doesn't seem like he fell an extremely long distance, but the velocity that he went into the hillside was enough to cause some trauma."

Crews found him unconscious but breathing 100 to 150 feet up the mountain. Unified Fire Authority called in a technical rescue team to scale the steep terrain and, by setting up ropes, carry him down to AirMed paramedics. The medical helicopter transported him to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition with possible head trauma.

The victim's friend, Derek Mazur, had been paragliding with him earlier in the day and was on the ground watching when his friend crashed. Mazur said his friend, who was wearing a helmet, was gliding too low.

"He just came down the mountain a little bit. He was getting super low over here and just took a little turbulence and collapsed part of his wing, and it kind of spun him up," Mazur said. "He's well experienced. He knows what he's doing. Just kind of that time of year. Spring, the air is really rough and a lot of turbulence."

ABC has not announced the names of the new Bachelorette cast, however E! News has confirmed that Hill is one of Andi's suitors on the upcoming season, set to premiere May 19. We are told that Hill's accident did not happen on the show and he was already eliminated at the time of his accident, so it is not a production issue, even though the show is still being filmed.

One insider who works on the show points out, "This is really the first time something terrible has happened between time of filming and airing the season so the network will have to figure out how to handle, and if it merits somehow editing show differently." Producers are still gathering information and figuring out how best to proceed.

Hill launched The Global Odyssey in February 2013 with the goal of visiting all 195 United Nations-recognized countries in record time.

http://www.eonline.com/news/534291/b...iding-accident
    Last edited by *crickets*; 04-23-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    UPDATE: He died today-

Sunday, April 20,2014

A Bachelorette contestant is in a medically induced coma following a tragic paragliding accident. Eric Hill, who appears as one of Andi Dorfman's suitors on the upcoming season of The Bachelorette, was critically injured when his parachute partially collapsed, sending him into a mountainside, according to UFA Battalion Chief Brian Anderton.

"It doesn't seem like he fell an extremely long distance, but the velocity that he went into the hillside was enough to cause some trauma," Anderton told KUTV.

ABC has not announced the names of the new Bachelorette cast, however E! News has confirmed that Hill is one of Andi's suitors on the upcoming season, set to premiere May 19. We are told that Hill's accident did not happen on the show and he was already eliminated at the time of his accident, so it is not a production issue, even though the show is still being filmed.

One insider who works on the show points out, "This is really the first time something terrible has happened between time of filming and airing the season so the network will have to figure out how to handle, and if it merits somehow editing show differently." Producers are still gathering information and figuring out how best to proceed.

Hill launched The Global Odyssey in February 2013 with the goal of visiting all 195 United Nations-recognized countries in record time.
    I guess this is somewhat off topic, but wasn't there like a dating show of some sort (a lot like the bachelor) on VH1, and after the season aired one of the guys killed his gf? Leaving everyone to be like "whoooaaaa glad chicadee didn't pick THAT dude!"

Fuck now I have to google...

Got it - this guy:
    http://jezebel.com/5340992/vh1-scram...murder-suspect

I dont watch the bachelor/bachelorette, but it would be interesting to see how they address this in the show. It's interesting when life happens during reality TV.

Stuff like that keeps me from trusting any parachuting/parasailing/paragliding... You have no absolute control from plummeting to certain death when you're in the air. Terrifying.

RIP Eric.
    Last edited by Shins; 04-23-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

The part where they mentioned that he had already been eliminated so it wouldn't interfere with filming bothered me. Like that's really important when a guy dies like this? I get it matters to certain people, but it just bugged me when I read that.

RIP Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I guess this is somewhat off topic, but wasn't there like a dating show of some sort (a lot like the bachelor) on VH1, and after the season aired one of the guys killed his gf? Leaving everyone to be like "whoooaaaa glad chicadee didn't pick THAT dude!"

Fuck now I have to google...

Got it - this guy:
    http://jezebel.com/5340992/vh1-scram...murder-suspect
    I remember this guy! He cut off the gf's fingers and bashed her teeth out after killing her, thinking she couldn't be ID'd and it would be the perfect crime.

They ID'd her from the serial #s on her breast implants and caught him.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    The part where they mentioned that he had already been eliminated so it wouldn't interfere with filming bothered me. Like that's really important when a guy dies like this? I get it matters to certain people, but it just bugged me when I read that.

RIP Eric.
    Bothers me too, but welcome to the underbelly of show biz. The rumors are true. They chew you up and spit you out. Unfortunately they'll probably try to find a way to capitalize on his death to get more viewers. So wrong. But so true.

RIP Eric
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    I remember this guy! He cut off the gf's fingers and bashed her teeth out after killing her, thinking she couldn't be ID'd and it would be the perfect crime.

Oh the old Megan wants a millionaire greaseball. The ending never showed bc he killed his funky looking wife and then himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Yep. When that happened they were in the process of filming another reality show (I think For the Love of Money) and I think they ended up pulling the show because it interfered too much.

RIP Eric.
    By principle of thought it sounds really bad, but it's business. These shows cost a lot of money and it can't be derailed if life happens - especially when it doesn't effect the outcome of the show. "Life moves on" sort of thing.

You think that's bad, let's talk about how Ford treats their employees family when one of their employees die. They'll call you 2 days after the news breaks and tell you "Sorry for the unexpected loss of your husband, but we're going to need your A-plan lease vehicle back ASAP and you're going to have to pick your final deal in the next week. Kthx bye."
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

[QUOTE=Shins;3546052]Yep. When that happened they were in the process of filming another reality show (I think For the Love of Money) and I think they ended up pulling the show because it interfered too much.

By principle of thought it sounds really bad, but it's business. These shows cost a lot of money and it can't be derailed if life happens - especially when it doesn't effect the outcome of the show. "Life moves on" sort of thing.

You think that's bad, let's talk about how Ford treats their employees family when one of their employees die. They'll call you 2 days after the news breaks and tell you "Sorry for the unexpected loss of your husband, but we're going to need your A-plan lease vehicle back ASAP and you're going to have to pick your final deal in the next week. Kthx bye."[/QUOTE]

Whoa, seriously? That's effed up! Where did you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Whoa, seriously? That's effed up! Where did you hear that?
    It happened to my best friend two summers ago when her dad died in his sleep. 2-3 days later, Ford called her mom and said she needed to come in that week to turn in her vehicle and pick her "final" vehicle.

What a shame. He was beautiful.

Welp, crossing paragliding off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    Welp, crossing paragliding off the list.
    Same here. I've got no faith in a piece of stretched fabric and a handful of suspension lines

Thread Information