Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Five University of Calgary students were stabbed to death at a house party

Loud music could've drowned out the screams like Blighted said. Also, if they were drinking, the alcohol could've impaired their judgment and reaction time.

So were these the only 5 people there? And everyone he stabbed he managed to kill, not just injure? Or were there more people at the party and he only stabbed 5? Did he just injure anyone else, or only these 5 people? Did he know these and targeted them on purpose, or did he just find the easiest targets? I have so many questions, I need more answers! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Loud music could've drowned out the screams like Blighted said. Also, if they were drinking, the alcohol could've impaired their judgment and reaction time.

So were these the only 5 people there? And everyone he stabbed he managed to kill, not just injure? Or were there more people at the party and he only stabbed 5? Did he just injure anyone else, or only these 5 people? Did he know these and targeted them on purpose, or did he just find the easiest targets? I have so many questions, I need more answers! LOL
    The answers to some of your questions are just 1 page back!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    The answers to some of your questions are just 1 page back!
    I thought I read everything, guess I missed some things.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

His last Facebook post was a line from a Megadeth song:

At 5:39 p.m. MT Monday, de Grood posted this-

The message is related to a Megadeth song called 'Dread and The Fugitive Mind' from the album 'The World Needs a Hero.'

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...pect-1.2611389

Then he went to went to work (he worked at a Safeway grocery store,) went to the party after his shift, picked up a knife and started stabbing people. No altercation or anything, just started stabbing.

He had graduated from college with honors and was accepted to law school, due to start classes in the fall. No history with police, no signs of mental illness according to his attorney.

Lyrics of the Megadeth song:

Let me introduce myself I'm a social disease

I've come for your wealth leave you on your knees

No time for feeling sorry, I got here on my own

I won't ask for mercy, I choose to walk alone

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too

If you shake my hand better count your fingers

What if I do get caught? What if there is no judgment?

If I'm right I lose nothing, if you're right I lose it all

I ought to get caught because I'm doing something wicked

I'm guilty haunted by my fear and the only consequences

Are Dread and the Fugitive Mind

You built walls to protect you so no one will infect you

Pursued by those out there that vanish in thin air

Come a long way to find what you really left behind

You don't know when the end is but it's coming fast

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
    Last edited by *crickets*; 04-17-2014 at 05:47 PM.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    I'm wondering if he had no *history* with police because of who his dad was. Maybe any trouble he got into was squashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Those lyrics are creepy when you think about what he did later that evening...

This thread reminded me a show used to be on called 'Party of Five'.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Then he went to went to work (he worked at a Safeway grocery store,) went to the party after his shift, picked up a knife and started stabbing people. No altercation or anything, just started stabbing.
    I worked for Tesco for an entire month. Working in that environment could move a man to murder.

Where is his facebook link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I mean, I'm not being crazy here, people. It's five people. FIVE! I'm not saying they should have beat him to death, but not one even ran? He had to be methodically picking them off, but then I'm wondering how you quietly stab someone to death.

FIVE PEOPLE!

Them eyebrows on #23 could stop a mofo in a heartbeat
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Where is his facebook link?
    That FB post was from a news article. sorry, forgot to post the link-

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...pect-1.2611389

his FB has been taken down.

Facebook just distracts you from committing fatal stabbings anyway.

More info coming out about this guy- he did have a history of MH problems and had been acting strangely prior to his rampage:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/cr...684/story.html

Matthew de Grood, the suspect charged in Calgary's worst mass murder, was behaving strangely in the weeks and days preceding the early Tuesday morning massacre that left five Calgary university students stabbed to death, says a police officer who knows the de Grood family.

"Let's just say Matt was acting very strangely leading up to this tragedy," said a veteran police officer who is close friends with the suspect's father, Doug de Grood - an inspector with the Calgary Police Service, where he has worked for 33 years.

"That evening, Doug and (his wife) Susan got some text messages from Matt that were really disjointed, really confusing and they caused them to think, 'Oh, my goodness, he's going to commit suicide.' They were really worried, so Doug went looking for him and was worried that he was going to find him dead. Susan called in a concern to the police - an alert. And then they got the terrible news that this had happened," says the officer, who spoke only on the condition that he not be identified.

"A couple of days leading up to this, Doug said he and Susan noticed a change in Matt, where he woud just go quiet. Then on that night, those texts (Matt) sent them made them really concerned about his safety, but nothing to indicate he was a danger to anyone. Not ever. There was no indication that he was in a frame of mind that he would harm anyone."

de Grood, who was captured by a Calgary police canine unit several blocks from the murders, was initially taken to Rockyview Hospital to be treated for bite injuries.

He made a brief first court appearance via a telephone call to his room at the Rockyview late Tuesday. According to news reports, when Justice of the Peace Scott Morgan asked the suspect, "Mr. de Grood, do you understand the charges," de Grood answered: "Um, no comment."

"I just need to know if you understand what you've been charged with," said Morgan after he read out the names of the five victims. "I'm not sure," answered de Grood, who has since been moved to the Southern Alberta Forensic Psychiatry Centre - a secure psychiatric facility in northwest Calgary pending a court appearance next week.

Calgary Police Chief Rick Hanson told reporters on Tuesday that the knife used in the attack was obtained at the Butler Crescent home prior to the murders that occurred at about 1:20 a.m.

Neighbours near the house say the party was so quiet they didn't even know a party was going on - there was no loud music or any disruptions.
    Last edited by *crickets*; 04-17-2014 at 07:39 PM.

continued from article above-

"This kid was a homebody. He had friends but he liked to stay home. He was successful and a good and gentle young man, by all accounts."

De Grood graduated from the U of C with a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology with a minor in Law and Society, and was accepted into the university's law school for the fall of 2014.

According to a health-care professional who also spoke on the condition of anonymity, de Grood was being treated for mental health issues dating back to his years as a high school student at St. Francis High School.

"In the weeks leading up to the event, Doug and Susan had noticed some subtle changes in Matt's personality - him becoming a little more withdrawn but nothing that caused them grave concern. They'd be talking to him and he'd go silent," said the police officer who has known Doug de Grood for decades.

"Doug and Susan saw him withdraw into himself but there was nothing for them to think that he could cause harm to anyone or that he was at risk to be violent" said the officer.

"He was a really gentle and kind young man. This is totally out of character for him. The whole family is devastated by this, for the families of the young people killed. Totally devastated. Shattered. We all are."

Everyone's being treated for mental health issues nowadays. Even if he wasn't, it's pretty clear something is wrong because he stabbed five people to death.

I'm not wearing any pants
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Wizard View Post
    Everyone's being treated for mental health issues nowadays. Even if he wasn't, it's pretty clear something is wrong because he stabbed five people to death.
    Well, this is true but not enough actually get the help they really need. Most places and doctors have a habit of giving them zombie meds and shoo them on thier way. Kind of sucks. They don't really help.

Calgary Police Chief Rick Hanson told reporters on Tuesday that the knife used in the attack was obtained at the Butler Crescent home prior to the murders that occurred at about 1:20 a.m.

Neighbours near the house say the party was so quiet they didn't even know a party was going on - there was no loud music or any disruptions.
    Wow, there goes the loud music theory. God, you almost wish he'd just been crashing the party instead of attending as an invited guest. I feel so badly for the victims' families, but also for the host. There are people who will never take responsibility for their shitty actions and live without guilt, and then there are those who couldn't possibly have foreseen or prevented awful events--and they end up blaming themselves and questioning their own innocent actions.

Sad fact that some people will never take responsibility for their horrible actions, and then there are people who couldn't have possibly known that something like this would happen. They end up blaming themselves for life even though they're
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Wow, there goes the loud music theory. God, you almost wish he'd just been crashing the party instead of attending as an invited guest. I feel so badly for the victims' families, but also for the host. There are people who will never take responsibility for their shitty actions and live without guilt, and then there are those who couldn't possibly have foreseen or prevented awful events--and they end up blaming themselves and questioning their own innocent actions.

Sad fact that some people will never take responsibility for their horrible actions, and then there are people who couldn't have possibly known that something like this would happen. They end up blaming themselves for life even though they're
    double post articulation fail
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Unless his parents have been covering up nasty shit he's done for years & the descriptions of him as a nice quiet kid are bullshit,he's probably going to be horrified once he's properly medicated.

& now that more neighbours have said it was so quiet they didn't know there was a party, I'm wondering how the hell he managed it without a loud commotion of any sort too? Unless he waited in a coat room or something?

Unfortunately, with kids like this, usually the crime is the first indication that anything is seriously wrong. A lot of time people with schizophrenia are diagnosed and treated as bi polar.

"Matthew is doing as well as one can expect someone in his circumstances can do," said Fay. "I think he's quite overwhelmed by the whole thing and quite devastated by it, and very concerned about what is going to happen from here."
    Ah. Diddums.

He's 22, exactly the age bracket when schizophrenics have their first psychotic break (also bipolars from what I have read.)

Chief Rick Hanson said about 30 students were at a house party celebrating the end of the school year Monday night when police received a call at 1:20 a.m. Tuesday for a stabbing.
    There were 30 people at a house party. A house has multiple rooms and possibly floors. So, the people killed were in separate rooms?

It is a horror movie.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtommt1 View Post
    There were 30 people at a house party. A house has multiple rooms and possibly floors. So, the people killed were in separate rooms?

It is a horror movie.
    Hey, stop being a dick.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I'm not wearing any pants
    He's 22, exactly the age bracket when schizophrenics have their first psychotic break (also bipolars from what I have read.)
    Wait, so there's actually an age bracket???

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    Well, this is true but not enough actually get the help they really need. Most places and doctors have a habit of giving them zombie meds and shoo them on thier way. Kind of sucks. They don't really help.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. You need to stop and think before you post. There could be people on this forum that have a family member that is a MH professional and they are insulted by this statement.

What you consider "zombie meds" could be anti-psychotic drugs that really help schizophrenic people.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information