Thread: Zachary Bryant (6) was struck and killed by a school bus

Zachary Bryant (6) was struck and killed by a school bus

Child Struck & Killed By School Bus

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top...ant-9990.shtml

The 6-year-old boy who was killed after being run over by a school bus Monday has been identified as Zachary Bryant.

Janice Bryant, Zachary's grandmother, says the family is making funeral arrangements today.

Zachary had just gotten off a school bus at Chattanooga Valley Elementary in Walker County, Ga. Monday when he was hit and killed by the same bus he had been riding on.

Authorities are conducting an exhaustive investigation into the accident and are not revealing any other details until the full investigation is complete.

School officials have provided counselors at Chattanooga Valley Elementary for other students who knew Zachary.

We will have more details on funeral arrangements, and on the investigation as they become available.

In the meantime, you can offer condolences to the family on the NewsChannel 9 Facebook page.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Oh geez

Aren't there arms across the front of buses now that swing out to prevent this?

Tragic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Aww - poor little man. The bus driver must feel terrible!!

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Oh geez

Aren't there arms across the front of buses now that swing out to prevent this?

Tragic
    There are. What I've been told is that the boy had bent down in front of the bus to pick something up and the driver didn't see him.

i thought the drivers get out and hold up a sign to cross the kids. who lets kids cross without getting out of the bus?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Sad.

And weirdly coincidental - There was a 9yr old killed around here in Monday. There aren't a lot of details on the story, but supposedly the child was trying to get back in the car that dropped him/her off and they were "accidentally" ran over.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Apparently these things happen all the time. Today, a 6 year old girl in TX was hit and killed by a bus. Almost the exact story as this one.

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/...255311401.html

It's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Apparently these things happen all the time. Today, a 6 year old girl in TX was hit and killed by a bus. Almost the exact story as this one.

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/...255311401.html

It's crazy.
    Yep. This tragedy happened in my neck of the woods. Not exactly an *ACCIDENT*
    December 9, 2013

RCSO: Driver Fails to Stop for Bus & Critically Injures Child
    Scott Hancock:
    An 8-year-old Augusta boy remains in critical condition after being hit by a van at a bus stop Monday morning, and authorities have jailed the driver who struck him.

Scott William Hancock, 20, is being held at the Richmond County Jail on no bond pending charges in the accident.

Hancock is accused of failing to stop for a bus at 7:11 a.m. Monday and striking the 8-year-old boy on the 3800 Block of Belair Road.

School Bus #72 was stopped facing East on the 3800 Block of Belair Road with all visual signals activated, sheriff?s Sgt. Michael McDaniel Sr. said in a press release. The boy, a student from Sue Reynolds Elementary School, was walking south across the westbound lanes of Belair Road when Hancock?s 2007 Chrysler Town & Country Van ?failed to stop for the school bus and the visual caution signs being displayed from the bus,? Sgt. McDaniel said.

The van struck the child, who was rushed to GRU ER and is listed in critical condition.

Hancock has been found at fault for failing to stop for a school bus while loading and unloading. Further charges are pending at this time, the sergeant said.

Augusta, GA -

***UPDATED at 1:25 P.M. on Friday, December 27th***

New information has come into the WJBF News Channel 6 Newsroom. Charges against 20-year-old Scott William Hancock have been upgraded to Vehicular Homicide in the First Degree by the Richmond County Sheriff's Office Traffic Division following the death of 8-year-old Jaidyn Williams.

On December 9th Hancock reportedly struck Williams as the child was crossing Belair Road. Williams was transported to Georgia Regents University where he died from injuries.

Godspeed, Zachary Bryant Godspeed, Jaidyn Williams

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

They reported on the news last night that the bus driver that hit Zachary was in the hospital.. Such a sad story!! RIP little Zachary

this is one of my worst fears! Why can't people just slow down and wait 2 seconds for the dang bus to let the kids out! People fly through our school zone all the time- they even pass people who are going "too slow" for them. Irritates the crap out of me. (I have a 6 year old who rides the bus and I can't imagine!)

Quote Originally Posted by Count-to-Ten View Post
    this is one of my worst fears! Why can't people just slow down and wait 2 seconds for the dang bus to let the kids out! People fly through our school zone all the time- they even pass people who are going "too slow" for them. Irritates the crap out of me. (I have a 6 year old who rides the bus and I can't imagine!)
    I agree. But it wasn't a passing car that hit him. The actual Bus he was on hit him

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i thought the drivers get out and hold up a sign to cross the kids. who lets kids cross without getting out of the bus?
    Get out of the bus for each kid? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Open door, flip switch. Easy peasy.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

i dunno. they do it here. you still have to wait for the kids so what does it matter if you are standing outside of the bus or sitting inside it.

also, the kids are expected to be on the side of the bus that opens in the morning and in the afternoon, the driver gets out and crosses the kids before getting back on.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Wut. I have never seen a driver get out and walk the kids across the street. That would leave the kids remaining on the bus with access to the wheel and other controls.

If anything, it would be a bus aide. But yeah, never seen it. At major intersections there are usually crossing guards during school dismissal times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    Wut. I have never seen a driver get out and walk the kids across the street. That would leave the kids remaining on the bus with access to the wheel and other controls.

If anything, it would be a bus aide. But yeah, never seen it. At major intersections there are usually crossing guards during school dismissal times.
    Right? That shit just sounds weird.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

maybe i'm wrong. i'm going to have to keep an eye out. maybe i'm thinking about my time in elementary school... way back when.

Here in Podunkville, there's no way they would get off the bus and walk each kid across, because one stop = one house for the most part. So the bus route would take hours.

I feel so bad for this little guy's parents. I sincerely hope they weren't watching as this happened.

I don't understand how the driver let him off, then ran him over, unless he took forever to get across so she assumed he was across already? Weird. I don't think 6-year-olds should be getting off a bus and crossing a street without a parent waiting for them at the stop, but that's my hovermom personality showing...

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    Here in Podunkville, there's no way they would get off the bus and walk each kid across, because one stop = one house for the most part. So the bus route would take hours.

I feel so bad for this little guy's parents. I sincerely hope they weren't watching as this happened.

I don't understand how the driver let him off, then ran him over, unless he took forever to get across so she assumed he was across already? Weird. I don't think 6-year-olds should be getting off a bus and crossing a street without a parent waiting for them at the stop, but that's my hovermom personality showing...
    Totally agree! In our school district, kids in grades pre-K thru 2nd are not let off the bus unless the parent/guardian is at the bus stop waiting to get the child off the bus - meaning on the same side of the road & at the bus door. They will keep the child on the bus and take them back to the school if there is not anyone at the bus stop. I mean you are talking about 5 to 8 year olds so this makes sense to me.

Also, I know there are a couple stories being posted within this thread, but the original story of Zachary stated that he had just got off the bus at the school. To me, I would also be looking at the school for liability too. Why are they allowing kids to get off a bus and have to cross in front of the bus without any teacher/staff present to help? This was not just one child getting off the bus, this had to be several.

Zachary had just gotten off a school bus at Chattanooga Valley Elementary in Walker County, Ga. Monday when he was hit and killed by the same bus he had been riding on.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Ahh I missed that part. I don't know why I assumed he was getting off at home. Crazy! Yeah, the school definitely holds some responsibility there in my mind.

The little boy had ran back to the bus to get something he left on there and that is when the bus hit him.

Thread Information