Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Peaches Geldof (25) was found dead in her home

Peaches mum died from an accidental overdose plus she was an addict herself. Addiction is a horriblle, horrible meanace and it
    controls your every move, even if you do not want to use you have to use something because of the withdrawals.

If you make it to recovery, relapse is a side effect. The cravings are insane and we all know how powerful are minds are.

I am sure she had terrible abandonment issues and probably even blamed herself. Just because someones Socioeconomic status is high they are still human beings, with the same feelings everyone else has. I'm sure she was doing her best with the tools she was given when she was 11 and her mum died. Addiction does not make someone a bad person. We all make bad choices and sometimes we can overcome our bad choices and sometimes we cannot, but in the end we always pay.

Yes, the children are always the ones paying the highest price as history often repeats itself.
    JMHO.
    Last edited by u2addict; 05-02-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Wearing a hoodie to disguise her, a source has claimed Peaches visited a drugs rehab centre in Maidstone, not far from the home she shared with her husband and two sons, before her death.
    The man told The Sun: 'We were on first name terms but I called her 'P'.
    'I last saw her a couple of weeks ago. She was fine but furtive.'
    He said Peaches revealed she did not want husband Tom Cohen to find out she was in treatment, describing him as a 'really straight family man', adding he would not understand.
    'She didn't want her husband finding out,' he added. 'She said he was completely straight and that Dad would go spare if he knew anything about it.'
    He said Peaches was on a prescription for 20mg of heroin substitute methadone and had to visit the clinic weekly.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz30YAkx3yV

So I'm guessing she died the way most heroin addicts do? She was off of it for a while and her tolerance went down, so she OD'ed on accident because she didn't know her limit.

It is sad knowing she tried to stop using.

I cannot believe in other countries they prescribe this shit to people? it's the most addictive substance on the planet, isn't it?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

They don't 'prescribe' it, it's a means of dealing with drug addicts by trying to ensure their safety instead of treating them like criminals. The idea is to reduce crime.

They don't 'prescribe' it, it's a means of dealing with drug addicts by trying to ensure their safety instead of treating them like criminals. The idea is to reduce crime.
    Yes it is prescribed, as diamorphine-

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    It's prescribed as diamorphine. It's commonly used in hospitals and palliative care here. It's a controlled drug though so it should be pretty hard to get hold of
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I only knew because they put me on the tablets for 3 days when I had an IV fail of the standard morphine pump after surgery. A year later I was wondering what the "dia" part meant & discovered why the local pharmacist has been side-eyeing me ever since. I had no idea until then & I was pretty stunned to find out what I'd taken. I wish they'd warned me, I would've filled the script far, far away from this gossipy little town.

-and now the cops are saying there WAS drug paraphernalia at the scene:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...onfirm-3489112
    "Inaccurate reports have also been made suggesting that no drugs paraphernalia was found at the address, with suggestions that the scene had been 'tampered' with prior to police arrival.

"While no detail will be provided around specific items, to prevent further speculation I will confirm that contrary to rumour in the media my officers did seize drugs paraphernalia from the address on 7 April. The coroner has authorised the disclosure of this information.

"Our investigation on behalf of the coroner continues and there will be no further information released at this time."
    Last edited by *crickets*; 05-02-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Oh, I thought she was talking about the state run drug problem.

It doesn't surprise me. Our hospitals use morphine, the UK prefers heroin because it's a more effective painkiller.
    http://healthyone.org/medical-uses-of-heroin/

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    -and now the cops are saying there WAS drug paraphernalia at the scene:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...onfirm-3489112
    Well that's convenient. This is what Knighthood buys you. Son in Law is off the hook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Oh, I thought she was talking about the state run drug problem.

It doesn't surprise me. Our hospitals use morphine, the UK prefers heroin because it's a more effective painkiller.
    http://healthyone.org/medical-uses-of-heroin/
    I had no idea heroin was still being used medically until this. And it's not just for addicts & palliative end-of-life care either- I ran across an article that talked about heroin being given to women in labor in the U.K. and how they shouldn't worry about getting addicted after just a dose or two. That's INSANE- how many addicts have talked about being hooked after their first dose?? It is one of the most addictive drugs there is!
    Crazy...

I can understand this. It's being given at a theuraputic dose and not a dose given to cause a high. Opiates given at theuraputic doses for pain do not cause addiction with one or two doses. It's much different than taking the drug to get doped. It would not be much different than giving morphine or fentanyl. Fentanyl is 50 times stronger than Heroin and is given during labor or during c-section.

Woh woh..you're making us sound like we all wander round all week off our tits on hard drugs supplied free on the NHS.

Only on Saturday nights.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    I can understand this. It's being given at a theuraputic dose and not a dose given to cause a high. Opiates given at theuraputic doses for pain do not cause addiction with one or two doses. It's much different than taking the drug to get doped. It would not be much different than giving morphine or fentanyl. Fentanyl is 50 times stronger than Heroin and is given during labor or during c-section.
    Nope. Heroin has much more euphoria than morphine, fentanyl etc. It's the "warm blanket" feeling that users talk about and once they feel it for the first time it's so powerful they keep chasing it, looking for that same high. NOT everyone who gets it, but the small % of people with the genetic predisposition for addiction can and do get hooked after one dose. And yes, you do get that euphoric high from a therapeutic dose.
    The biological effects of the fentanyl analogues are similar to those of heroin, with the exception that many users report a noticeably less euphoric "high" associated with fentanyl and stronger sedative and analgesic effects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fentanyl
    from reddit-

Last edited by *crickets*; 05-02-2014 at 03:21 PM.

i think she was saying that specifically at therapeutic doses, it is not much different. the people you are quoting are talking about using dope to get high. you take a lot more than a therapeutic dose to get high and that's when you get the warm blanket feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Yah, for starters, that's a Reddit thread, not a medical forum, and the word 'subjective' is key.

Yah, for starters, that's a Reddit thread, not a medical forum, and the word 'subjective' is key.
    I quoted Reddit b/c it's from the horse's mouth so to speak, people who have used different opioids commenting about how the experiences differ- not as a scientific study or anything. They all say that heroin is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than other opioids. I would think that even at a therapeutic dose it would feel different, more euphoric (just less intense at a lower dose.)

No one is going to become physically addicted from a single dose but someone with a predisposition to addiction might experience even a therapeutic dose differently than someone with a 'normal' brain. It's like the difference between "hey this feels good" and "this is the best feeling EVER I LOOVE IT." And after it wears off the person with the non-addict brain doesn't give it a second thought but the addict brain goes "I WANT MORE."

Or the police cleaned up the scene to help Bob Geldof avoid an embarrassing scandal. Remember, he's not well known in the states but he's practically a saint in the UK.
    Not to Joe Public, he gets it pretty tight here.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Toxicology confirmed use of heroin was 'likely' to have contributed to her death.

So the husband obviously hid the needles etc.
    This one throws me. The original story was the husband called a friend to go check on her as he couldn't get her on the 'phone. Now he and his mother are supposed to have found her. Will search for link in morn, it's after 3am here.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    This is why there's an inquest. Someone's in the shit.
    There's always an inquest into unexplained sudden death here. Usually just a recording of the Autopsy, open and closed job. I agree about someone potentially being in the shit, there's already media talk of an investigation being under way to find out who supplied her with it. Typical British blame culture. Who gives a shit, she took it, blame lies solely with her.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Nope. Heroin has much more euphoria than morphine, fentanyl etc. It's the "warm blanket" feeling that users talk about and once they feel it for the first time it's so powerful they keep chasing it, looking for that same high. NOT everyone who gets it, but the small % of people with the genetic predisposition for addiction can and do get hooked after one dose. And yes, you do get that euphoric high from a therapeutic dose.
    You don't. You get the same sense of hazing and relief as you do from Fentanyl. Difference with me, dia made me violently sick, Fentanyl just made me feel sick. Same dosage level.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetleftpeg View Post
    Woh woh..you're making us sound like we all wander round all week off our tits on hard drugs supplied free on the NHS.

Only on Saturday nights.
    Party at your house tomorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

When I was pregnant, I hurt my back, I think it was a really bad pulled muscle or something. A fill in doctor prescribed me Fentanyl over the phone! I couldn't get out of bed, so my mum went to pick up my prescription, the pharmacist told her I really shouldn't be taking it while pregnant as it's an opiate! Bloody doctors :/
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

I don't really get the whole "Bob Geldolf is a saint thing." He's been knighted but to be honest that doesn't mean much over here. We're tripping over people with a variety of titles and I bet a lot of younger people over here don't even know what Bob Geldolf actually does/did (I'm not sure he actually does anything any more!). Knighthoods really don't mean anything and we certainly don't refer to them as "knights".

Can't copy the article but it's claiming diet pills to wake up in the morning after using heroin at night during her final weeks- according to unnamed "friends" who made no mention of methadone treatment. If it's true, it doesn't sound like normal heroin use. The heroin should've given her enough buzz to get shit done.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...490121?rlabs=1

Just a thought, you can die from heroin withdrawal too, not just overdose. If you have an undiagnosed condition, heart issues, or you don't gradually reduce the dose, you can really fuck yourself up. If she lied about how much she used to take, because staying with her kids & keeping it secret from family was more important to her than doing it comfortably in a clinic, it could explain the ambiguous wording "it is likely recent heroin use played a role".

Not a great source but I'm being lazy -

http://forum.opiophile.org/showthrea...ate-withdrawal

Opiate w/d causes tachycardia (rapid heart rate) and this can be fatal in those with underlying heart problems. Of course some people with heart problems would not be aware of them which is why w/d should always be monitored. As mentioned above IV drug use itself often results in health complications which could weaken the heart in some people

Does anorexia do most of this too?

ETA the gossip is flying in from every direction now - "argued with her husband on train to London friday"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/peaches-...-cohen-3493710
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-04-2014 at 01:43 AM.

I didn't realise her husband was only 23. Alone and two kids. Poor guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ore-dream.html

Peaches Geldof a relapsed addict before death
    By By Laura Smith-Spark CNN
    Published On: Jul 23 2014 08:11:53 AM CDT
    Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on google_plusone_share
    LONDON (CNN) -
    Peaches Geldoff, the daughter of musician Bob Geldof and the late Paula Yates, died of a heroin overdose after relapsing into use of the illegal drug following attempts to give it up, an inquest heard Wednesday.

The death of the 25-year-old TV host in April at her home in Wrotham, Kent, southeast of London, shocked the entertainment world.

Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham of Kent police told the inquest that Geldof had been addicted to heroin for a number of years but had ceased taking the drug more recently.

She had been supported by drug treatment workers for 2? years, being prescribed methadone, he said.

A drugs test in November indicated that she was not taking any illegal drugs, he said. However, in February, witnesses reported suspicions that she had started using heroin again.

Fotheringham's report to the inquest gave new details of the circumstances of Geldof's death.

Police who searched the house where she died found a black cloth bag secreted in a cupboard above the door of a spare bedroom, he said.

Inside was a bag containing what tests proved to be heroin as well as a bag of citric acid, used to make the heroin more soluble in water for injection, according to the report. The bag also held dozens of syringes, some sealed while others contained traces of a brown residue, alcohol wipes, cotton buds and cards advertising a needle exchange in central London.

According to a police drugs expert, PC Adrian Parsons, the heroin found was of "importation quality" -- that is, with a purity of 61% compared with the average 26% purity found at street level.

The 6.91 grams recovered would have been worth ?350 to ?550 ($600 to $940), Fotheringham said.

Geldof was discovered sitting slumped on a bed in the spare bedroom by her husband, rock musician Tom Cohen, who went to their home after he became concerned when he couldn't contact her.

The couple's younger son, Phaedra, was in the house at the time, having been dropped off by Cohen's father the previous afternoon. The musician had taken both children to spend the weekend at his parents' home.

A pair of knotted black tights was found under her body and a burnt spoon containing a small amount of a brown residue in the bowl was found under the bed, a police statement said.

The inquest heard that tests by a forensic scientist suggested recent use of the drug, resulting in a "high" concentration of heroin in Geldof's body, which was "at the end of the range of values at which fatalities have occurred."

She was not under the influence of alcohol at the time of her death, tests revealed. Nor had she taken a significant amount of any other substances in the hours leading up her death.

Geldof, who was married with two sons under the age of 2, was 11 years old when her mother died of a drug overdose.

http://m.wdsu.com/national/peaches-g...death/27106418

Kent police continue to investigate who supplied the heroin to Geldof, but no arrests have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Sad. I thought they hid the evidence of her having used drugs. I guess they didn't hide it fast enough.

So where did the syringe that she shot up with disappear to?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Bob Geldof may support a lot of nobel causes but he sounds like a premium douche in real life.

Thread Information