Thread: Levi Pongi (19) fell to his death after eating a pot-laced cookie

Levi Pongi (19) fell to his death after eating a pot-laced cookie

A 19-year-old Wyoming college student on spring break in Colorado fell to his death after eating a pot-laced cookie, the Denver coroner said Wednesday, in what is believed to be the state?s first death linked to marijuana since legalization began in January.

Levi Thamba Pongi died after falling from the balcony of a Holiday Inn on March 11. The Denver Police say they are still investigating the death, but the autopsy lists the cause of death as ?multiple injuries due to a fall from height? and says ?marijuana intoxication is a significant contributing factor.? The manner of death is classified as an accident.

?This was not a suicide, and he was not a regular drug user,? said Michelle Weiss-Samaras, a spokesperson for the Denver coroner?s office.

Due to Pongi?s age, he still would not have legally been allowed to buy the pot cookie under the new law, which restricts marijuana sales to 21 and up. It is unclear where the cookie was obtained.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/leg...-cookie-n70176
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I refuse to believe pot is capable of killing someone, but I suppose a person can be allergic to anything.

So, he got stoned and fell?

My drunk friend got ridic drunk and climbed the balconies of our hotel on senior trip. I'm actually surprised all of my friends and I survived all the dumb shit we used to do. This isn't a weed issue, it's a dumb teenager issue.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Was this a cookie made by someone with experience in making them correctly, or by some random person who didn't know what they were doing? If it was the latter, I see how things could go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

His fb:
    https://www.facebook.com/levy.thamba

More info about how much weed was in his system. If someone could copy/paste the info I'd appreciate it http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...ath_denver.php!
    Last edited by neenerneener; 04-02-2014 at 03:37 PM.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    His fb:
    https://www.facebook.com/levy.thamba

More info about how much weed was in his system. If someone could copy/paste the info I'd appreciate it http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...ath_denver.php!
    Just kidding.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 04-02-2014 at 04:39 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    That article says he had bath salts in his system too.
    No it doesn't. It said that he was tested for them.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    That article says he had bath salts in his system too.
    Eh whatever....had to be the pot cookie

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

No it doesn't. It said that he was tested for them.
    See?!?

Eta: I wanna know the levels of THC in his blood. Was he a kid who ate a cookie once or a kid who regularly got high (whether smoking or eating) and decided to be a big shot this time and sit up on the balcony railing when he fell? THC stays in your system up to 30 days (depending on many factors) and he could easily have been regular smoker who ate a cookie instead bc he was in a non smoking room.

Or as neens said, purchased it off some douche that laced it with PCP but doubtful...also was there ALCOHOL in his system? It WAS spring break!

Not many holiday inns around here really HAVE balconies that are accessible. The last hotel I was in with a "balcony" had a sliding glass door that wouldn't open more than half way and a ledge about a foot wide with a railing. Like, you had to have the sliding door open and your butt sticking through it to hang out to smoke a cigarette. Of course, I don't stay in many super nice digs
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 04-02-2014 at 04:00 PM.
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

What is the big crisis here? People get stoned and drunk and fall off shit all the time. I know like eight kids who've broken their backs by falling off a porch high as fuck or drunk off their asses.

If people were in full control of their facilities when they were stoned, no one would want to smoke weed.

Shit, I know people who've fallen off balconies without being stoned or drunk..
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    See?!?

Eta: I wanna know the levels of THC in his blood. Was he a kid who ate a cookie once or a kid who regularly got high (whether smoking or eating) and decided to be a big shot this time and sit up on the balcony railing when he fell? THC stays in your system up to 30 days (depending on many factors) and he could easily have been regular smoker who ate a cookie instead bc he was in a non smoking room.

Or as neens said, purchased it off some douche that laced it with PCP but doubtful...also was there ALCOHOL in his system? It WAS spring break!

Not many holiday inns around here really HAVE balconies that are accessible. The last hotel I was in with a "balcony" had a sliding glass door that wouldn't open more than half way and a ledge about a foot wide with a railing. Like, you had to have the sliding door open and your butt sticking through it to hang out to smoke a cigarette. Of course, I don't stay in many super nice digs
    According to this article http://medicinalcolorado.org/taxonomy/term/47695

Pongi had a marijuana concentration of 7.2 nanograms of active THC per milliliter in his blood, the coroner’s report said. The state limit for impaired driving cases is 5 nanograms per milliliter.

Pot cookie sounds so innocuous.
    I wonder if he thought there was an all you can eat buffet below and took the quick way down. jmo

Godspeed, Levi

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Pongi had a marijuana concentration of 7.2 nanograms of active THC per milliliter in his blood, the coroner’s report said. The state limit for impaired driving cases is 5 nanograms per milliliter.
    good thing he wasn't driving then!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I think this is one reason pot isnt being legalized so easily. It's not easy to trace how high someone is. Especially considering people who smoke a lot vs people who dont. Plus the fact that it's in your system even when you're not high. I mean, if I smoke a bowl, I'm only gonna have a body buzz for like an hour, maybe. But on someone else that could stone them retarded for 2 hours... all depends on your tolerance and shit.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    Pot cookie sounds so innocuous.
    I wonder if he thought there was an all you can eat buffet below and took the quick way down. jmo

Godspeed, Levi
    Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Wut?
    That's my response to most of her posts.

I can say that probably the most fucked up I've ever been in my life was from eating a REALLY strong pot brownie, and I've sampled quite a few drugs in my hayday. It was at a phish show and I sat in a bush the entire time. Good times.

Bottom line, kid got fucked up, and fell. Shit like this happens everyday, with or without legal marijuana.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Wait, I thought weed made you paranoid?

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I think this is one reason pot isnt being legalized so easily. It's not easy to trace how high someone is. Especially considering people who smoke a lot vs people who dont. Plus the fact that it's in your system even when you're not high. I mean, if I smoke a bowl, I'm only gonna have a body buzz for like an hour, maybe. But on someone else that could stone them retarded for 2 hours... all depends on your tolerance and shit.
    meh, its the same with alcohol or any other drug. an alcoholic has more of a tolerance and there for may have a higher BAC and appear to be sober to the untrained eye. a pill popper has to take more and more pills for the same affect (opiates, opioids, whatever).

the fact that it is fat soluble and there for stays in your system longer is a bigger consideration, imo. because he could have been a daily smoker or not. no way to show how long his levels were elevated as far as i know.

No one needs to defend weed here. People do dumb shit when they are fucked up. It's half the reason we like getting fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Wait, I thought weed made you paranoid?
    And hungry.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thread Information