Thread: Twins Andrew and Anthony Johnson (63) discovered in their home years after they died.

Twins Andrew and Anthony Johnson (63) discovered in their home years after they died.

Andrew and Anthony Johnson

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/25109401...-investigating

CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -
    UPDATE: The results of the autopsies from the Medical Examiner's Office have determined the identity of the two bodies found deceased at 506 Acorn Street are in fact Andrew Gary Johnson and Anthony Larry Johnson.

Chattanooga Police are still awaiting the results of the toxicology reports to determine the cause of death. There were no signs of foul play or any indications that would lead Police to believe that this is a homicide.

Officers did respond to the residence, with family members, back in 2011 in which time it was found that the residence appeared to be vacant. A letter from the Post Office was found in the mailbox stating that they believed the residence to be vacant and to cease delivery of mail to the address.

Officers also discovered in 2011, with family present, that there were no signs of forced entry to the residence, no foul odors, no signs of foul play or suspicious activity, and no visible/evident reason to allow forced entry to the residence. At that time, family members indicated that they would not have been surprised if the brothers had moved without telling anyone.

Police did not receive any calls from neighbors about a foul odor or anything suspicious about the residence. Officers were called on Saturday by family members, who had a key to the residence, to check the status of Andrew and Anthony Johnson.

After Officers were given the key and permission to enter, it was then that the brothers were found deceased inside the residence. While this incident is tragic and unfortunate, Andrew and Anthony lived a hermit lifestyle and did not communicate with family or anyone else.

The brothers also gave no indication that would lead anyone to believe they had any type of mental complications, they both had a valid driver's license, insurance, owned vehicles and there were even records of them owning their own business.

While well being checks are routine calls, department protocol was followed each time Officers responded and there were no obvious exigent circumstances that would allow Officers to force entry to the residence on any of the calls received to check the well being of the brothers.

Since the residence was determined to be vacant and no key was available on the previous calls, Officers did not make entry. The family of Andrew and Anthony request their privacy during this time of grief.

Homeowners that live along Acorn Court are scratching their heads after finding out the badly decomposed remains of their next door neighbors were found over the weekend.

Barbara Owens lives a few doors from the house where Chattanooga Police found 63-year-old identical twins Anthony and Andrew Johnson's skeletal remains sitting in recliners in their living room.

Multiple sources tell Channel 3 the twins' sister tried to check on them in August 2011, but didn't have a key.

She called police, who would not force their way in. Finally, this weekend another family member was able to get a key to go inside.

Neighbors thought everything looked normal because the grass was cut and the mailbox wasn't overflowing.

Investigators have a good guess on the date of death based on the time stamp found on a receipt near unused cans of Coke.

Neighbors say they thought the twins stayed indoors because they had health issues and struggled with diabetes.

Chattanooga Police are still investigating this case. The twins' family declined to comment.

UPDATE: Chattanooga Police Officers discovered two decomposed bodies, apparently identical twins in a home at 506 Acorn Court over the weekend.

CPD officers were called to the home to check the well-being of the people who lived there.

Investigators believe Andrew and Anthony Johnson, 63, died in early 2011 based on the bodies' conditions.

Both men were severe diabetics, and officials said there were no obvious signs of trauma or foul play. At this time there are no signs of foul play as the cause of deaths

The bodies will be examined by the Medical Examiner to determine the identity and cause of death of the deceased.

The investigation is currently under way.

PREVIOUS STORY: Chattanooga Police were called to a welfare check at a home on Acorn Court. When officers arrived they discovered two bodies inside the home. Sgt. Wayne Jefferson says the bodies were badly decomposed and had been there for some time. At this point, he says no foul play is suspected.

A neighbor tells Channel 3 two men in their 60s lived in the home and she had not seen them for quite some time.

Investigators are working to contact family members. Police are also working to confirm the last time the two individuals were seen. He says the bodies are being sent off for autopsies.

Wtf. What I want to know is how the grass stayed cut for three years. Ours is out of control in three days.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    Wtf. What I want to know is how the grass stayed cut for three years. Ours is out of control in three days.
    Haha, right?

Sadly this happen in my town. From what I gather is they had someone to keep the yard up that did it for free.. My question is how did they not smell the odor!!

Sometimes neighbors mow people's lawns because they want to maintain the appearance of the area and protect the property value. Also the smell of a corpse doesn't 'drift' if it's indoors, so unless they were right up against the door or inside the house, they probably wouldn't have noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    They have the same kind of grass as in The Walking Dead! It apparently cuts itself! ;)

I realize they were hermits, but still! If I knew they hadn't been heard from or seen in a long time, I'd be investigating a bit harder. Break a window or something! I also have to wonder if they died around the same time or if one died and the other just hung out with the corpse until he kicked the bucket too.

Investigators have a good guess on the date of death based on the time stamp found on a receipt near unused cans of Coke.

Neighbors say they thought the twins stayed indoors because they had health issues and struggled with diabetes.
    I'm taking an educated guess here... Diet Coke, oy.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

i doubt the relatives decided to investigate their disappearance the next day. why does it matter when the dead guys were found?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by twistedbeauty View Post
    Sadly this happen in my town. From what I gather is they had someone to keep the yard up that did it for free.. My question is how did they not smell the odor!!
    It's also in my hometown.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    How sad is this? That you can go undiscovered for that long. I'm guessing it was a suicide pact of some sort. Or one died, the twin discovered him and decided he couldn't live without his Brother. I mean, how else could it happen? What are the chances that BOTH died at the exact same time? I supposed Carbon Monoxide could be a factor. But just really weird. It always freaks me out when I hear these "Discovered years later" stories since I don't have kids. Who would miss me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Just think, there's more than likely 2 dead guys in this picture:

acorn street.jpg

Thread Information