Thread: Tasha Trotter (40) stabbed and killed her four-year-old son

Tasha Trotter (40) stabbed and killed her four-year-old son

Another submission but no FB.

St. Pete Police have released additional information in the fatal stabbing of a young boy at the Jordan Park Apartment complex Friday night.

According to reports, the boy's mother, 40-year-old Tasha Tomeka Trotter, has been taken into custody for the crime.

Police say it all began around 6:07 p.m., when officers directing traffic were flagged down by a witness to the stabbing.

They reportedly followed the witness to the apartment, where they found Trotter holding her son, identified as four-year-old Joseph Artus, outside.

"They attemped to do CPR as the mother came out and placed the child on the concrete to no avail. He was taken to the hospital but didn't make it," said Major Michael Kovacsev of the St. Petersburg Police Department.

Police say Trotter's mother, the child's grandmother, had custody of him for the last three years. Trotter was allowed visitation though, and was reportedly waiting on the front porch when the grandmother arrived home with Joseph Friday evening. They then walked inside.

Moments later, a neighbor heard screaming and ran inside. She was confronted by the child's grandmother.

"The grandma said, 'call the police, she's killing him.' She went into the house and saw the mom on top of him, stabbing him to death," said a neighbor.

The grandmaother said her daughter, who had a history of mental health problems, was acting oddly before she suddenly, and without being provoked, went into the kitchen, grabbed a knife and used it repeatedly on the four-year-old.

"We have spoken to family and relatives and there is a possible of mental illness factor that is playing into this," said Kovacsev.

Police say they are still interviewing Trotter and the witnesses. 10 News will continue with updates as they become available.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/...child/7050449/

What in the HELL is going on?

Stop killing your children, just stop!!!

"We have spoken to family and relatives and there is a possible of mental illness factor that is playing into this," said Kovacsev.
    BBM

It's called Filicide. Mothers who commit Filicide can have a mental illness, ie, mood and personality disorders.
    Filicide is not a MI, but the act of killing one's own son or daughter.

Godspeed, Joseph

All these sensless baby killing's are getting to me, I need a break.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I'm not a abortion, however I would vastly prepare cells being destroyed than actual humans being hurt. This shit has to stop. Someone has to do something about the mentally ill. Something has to give!

I advocate more birth control.

Thread Information