Thread: Andrew Jarzyk (27) was pulled deceased from a river a month after he went missing

Andrew Jarzyk (27) was pulled deceased from a river a month after he went missing

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...e_went_missing

Police are searching for a 27-year-old man who disappeared after a night out with friends at a Hoboken, N.J. restaurant early Sunday morning.

Relatives say Andrew Jarzyk was with friends at the West Five Supper Club on Madison Street Saturday night. Around 1 a.m. Sunday, he apparently told them he would be right back and never returned.

Police say he was last seen about a block away an hour later, wearing running clothes and earphones.

His sister-in-law told NBC 4 New York Jarzyk works for a local bank and is a responsible young man.

He has two roommates, who were with him Saturday night.

Jarzyk is described as 6 feet 1 inch tall, 160 pounds with blond hair, blue eyes and a cross tattoo on his chest.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...FlowFB_NYBrand

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...ew_jarzyk.html

HOBOKEN — Authorities picked up their search early Wednesday for a Hoboken man who's been missing for three days, placing a fiercer focus on the Hudson River.

The New York Police Department's scuba unit took to the water at about 10 a.m. Wednesday in the ongoing effort to find Andrew Jarzyk, who was last seen Sunday morning. A video camera captured Jarzyk running along Hoboken's waterfront in Pier A Park, largely prompting the water search.

While watching the dive team's efforts, Hoboken police Detective Sgt. Anthony Falco said that other land searches were still being conducted, but authorities were now placing a bigger focus on scouring the Hudson River. This is a shift in the search's narrative — Falco said Tuesday afternoon that water searches were just part of larger efforts that also included land and aerial searches. He also said Tuesday that authorities had no reason to believe that Jarzyk was in the water.

Two NYPD boats were out on the water this morning, along with a raft. At least two scuba divers were tethered to the raft with yellow rope, searching the perimeter of the pier and several yards in each direction away from each side of the pier.

The New Jersey State Police marine unit, which assisted with Tuesday's search, is currently on standby, according to Trooper Alina Spies. The Jersey City Police Department's marine unit, which also aided in scanning the river on Tuesday, is not joining Wednesday's efforts, Falco said. State police helicopters continued to fly over the water.

Carrying umbrellas to block the light rain, some of Jarzyk's family and friends could be seen walking to and from the park.

Jarzyk, 27, was last seen by his friends at the West Five Supper Club at 505 Monroe Street at about 1 a.m. on Sunday. He told his friends that he'd return, but he never did. About an hour later, neighbors saw Jarzyk outside his home, dressed in exercise gear. A video camera near Fourth and River streets later captured Jarzyk running south in Pier A Park, and police are unsure what happened after he ran past.

MILLBURN, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — A billboard was mounted on Interstate 78 in New Jersey this week, as family members continue their frantic search for a Hoboken man who vanished 10 days ago.

Andrew Jarzyk, 27, was last seen early on the morning of Sunday, March 30, along the Hoboken waterfront.

Jarzyk’s family mounted the missing persons billboard for Jarzyk on Tuesday along I-78 in Millburn, N.J.

Jarzyk was last seen running in a very poor-quality surveillance video on Sinatra Drive near 4th Street in Hoboken.

Before that, he was seen by friends around 1 a.m. March 30 at the West 5 supper club on Madison Street in Hoboken. He left, and an hour later was seen a mile away, in exercise clothing, near the waterfront.

His disappearance launched a search on the water, in the air and throughout Hoboken, with the family posting fliers with photos everywhere.

The family of a missing Hoboken, N.J. man confirmed Tuesday night that his body was pulled from the river a day earlier.

Andrew Jarzyk, 27, had last been seen early on the morning of Sunday, March 30, along the Hoboken waterfront.

Around 6 p.m. Monday, a body was pulled from the river near Lackawanna Terminal, Hoboken city spokesman Juan Meli told CBS 2.

Family members confirmed Tuesday night that the body was Jarzyk?s.

?This has been an extremely difficult journey of many emotions during this time. Although this has been a very tragic ending, we have been able to get through this because of love, faith, and outpouring support that we have received from everyone. Andrew would be so proud,? the Jarzyk family said in a statement. ?As we begin the healing process, please continue to be positive. Do not hang your heads on the ?what if?s? in life.?

The family advised those who knew Jarzyk to remember his passions and kindness.

?Andrew was very passionate about life and loved everyone. He would give you the shirt off his back and a shoulder to cry on if you needed it. Remember all of the smiles. Appreciate the time spent together. Most importantly, cherish the memories,? the statement said.

Jarzyk had last been seen running in a very poor-quality surveillance video on Sinatra Drive near 4th Street in Hoboken.

Before that, he was seen by friends around 1 a.m. March 30 at the West 5 supper club on Madison Street in Hoboken. He left, and an hour later was seen a mile away, in exercise clothing, near the waterfront.

His disappearance launched a search on the water, in the air and throughout Hoboken, with the family posting fliers with photos everywhere.

Jarzyk, who lived in Hoboken and worked for PNC Financial in Woodland Park, was said to be in good spirits in the hour before he disappeared.

Police have not commented on the discovery. There was no word Tuesday night on how Jarzyk ended up in the river.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/04/...k-missing-man/

http://hudsonreporter.com/bookmark/2...tragic-ending-

HOBOKEN -- Late Tuesday night, the family of Hoboken resident Andrew Jarzyk confirmed that a body pulled out of the Hudson River on Monday around 5 p.m. was their missing son and brother.

Andrew Jarzyk, 27, disappeared a month ago, shortly after 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 30, after he went for a jog along the Hoboken waterfront.

Before that, he had been relaxing with friends at the West Five Supper Club near his home on the west side of the mile-square city. He left the club around 1 a.m. early Sunday morning and went a few blocks home to change for a run. Then he headed east to the Hoboken waterfront. He was training for a half marathon.

He was spotted on a video from a restaurant near the waterfront jogging near Pier A Park in Hoboken. The park is a popular spot on the south waterfront for joggers. There was no video of him after that. Police searched the water for several days, but could not find an indication of what happened to Jarzyk.

On Monday evening, April 28, someone spotted a body at the ferry slips in back of the historic Hoboken train terminal. The terminal is directly south of Pier A. Both are at the most southeastern point of Hoboken,

The family posted a heartfelt message on the "Find Andrew Jarzyk" Facebook page around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday night confirming a "very tragic ending" to their search for Jarzyk. They said they did not have all the answers as to how he ended up in the river.

If he jogged onto Pier A, the railing is present all around, and it would be difficult to simply fall in. (You can see video here of a jog around Pier A; the Hoboken terminal and ferry slips are in the background.)

Police did not release any details on Tuesday. An autopsy was conducted and should give an indication if there is reason to suspect foul play, or if Jarzyk just had a moment of bad luck on a rainy night much like

Family and friends have said that Jarzyk was a kind person with a good sense of humor, who enjoyed spending time with his family and girlfriend.

On Facebook on Tuesday night, the family posted the following message:

"Family/Friends/Great People we’ve met along the way 4/29/14

On behalf of my family, we would like to thank everyone for all of their continued support over the past 4 weeks. This has been an extremely difficult journey of many emotions during this time. Although this has been a very tragic ending, we have been able to get through this because of love, faith, and outpouring support that we have received from everyone. Andrew would be so proud. As we begin the healing process, please continue to be positive.

Do not hang your heads on the “what if’s” in life. Andrew’s life on this earth was indeed cut very short. If you’ve crossed paths with him over these 27 years, consider yourself lucky. Andrew was very passionate about life and loved everyone. He would give you the shirt off his back and a shoulder to cry on if you needed it. Remember all of the smiles. Appreciate the time spent together. Most importantly, cherish the memories.

The coming days/weeks/months and even years will be painful. Grieve, but also smile. The beautiful thing about this earth is that the sun will rise again tomorrow. Remember that his memories will shine on us every day when that sun does rise in the morning.

At this time we do not have answers into why Andrew’s life ended at such a young age. Please be accepting to the fact we may never have these answers. As humans, we are resilient. We will get through this together. Do not walk this path alone. Seek comfort in others. Express your feelings to others. Hug others that are hurting just like you. Be grateful every day that you do see the beautiful sun rise in the sky again. Most importantly, keep Andrew in your hearts. Remember his smile and that he’s patiently waiting for all of us to meet again.

Once again, I thank you on behalf of my family. We would not be able to get through this

Steve and the entire Jarzyk family."
    What's it like along the waterfront when it's raining? Anyone been there? If it's anything like parts of Sydney Harbour, like the Opera House waterfront, you'd just slide right over & into the water if you slipped.

It's got me thinking, there's a young guy from the Northern Territory who's been missing over a decade. He came all the way down to Sydney on a whim & stayed in a room at The Rocks (the western leg of the Harbour Bridge is in the middle of The Rocks). He walked out of his room & was never seen again. All his stuff was there, like he'd just stepped out. No note. No history of drugs or gambling, knew no-one in Sydney. I wonder if the weather was wet, it gets real slippery near the ferries when it rains.

I hope they get answers, his family & the Australian kids mum.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Look what the cat dragged in!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Every time I see a new post of someone missing, it seems like they are always found dead eventually. Wish there were more happy endings (no, not those kind of happy endings, perverts).

It sounds weird for someone to leave a club at 1 am to go jogging. Do people really jog in the dark by the water in the middle of the night? I'm guessing due to lack of visibility he probably slipped and fell in?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Suicide I'd wager. The old 'fell into the river'.

Thread Information