Thread: Amanda Daiken (24) was found dead more than a month after she was reported missing

Amanda Daiken (24) was found dead more than a month after she was reported missing

This doesn't sound good...

Found deceased, no suspicious circumstances.

According to WS she had addiction issues - & babies. Such a damn shame. If it was heroin she'd have probably got it together eventually. The ones that don't O.D so often do decades later.

RIP Amanda. I hope your babies are as unaffected as possible.

http://m.570news.com/2014/04/11/body...r-woman-found/

5'7 and 120lbs WOW

According to the Find Amanda fb page, she died of hypothermia on 10 April 2014. I wonder if she had been on a binge and didn't die til then or if they are just counting the day she was found as her death date?

Hypothermia? That's even sadder. Unless it's a typo though, you'd assume it's the official date from the death cert seeing as they seem to have the official c.o.d.?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Hypothermia? That's even sadder. Unless it's a typo though, you'd assume it's the official date from the death cert seeing as they seem to have the official c.o.d.?
    It's in both the obituary and a photo of a letter from the funeral home that someone took a photo of. I will read all the comments and see if I can find out more.

It seems so strange to meet somebody you've never met for coffee- then end up dead from Hypothermia.

Daiken, Amanda Marie:
    Passed away on Thursday, April 10th, 2014 at the age of 24. Beloved daughter of Patty and Paul Daiken. Loved mother of Ian Barrie and Alex Daiken. Dear sister of Brittany Daiken and Brian Barrie-Lane. Proud granddaughter to Margaret and Vernon Daiken. Also survived by her nieces Tatum, Stacey and Marissa, Uncle Tim, Aunts Connie and Heather, several cousins and many friends. Predeceased by her grandmother Margaret Barrie and grandfather William Barrie. Amanda's family will receive relatives and friends at the Henry Walser Funeral Home, 507 Frederick Street, Kitchener, 519-749-8467 on Wednesday from 2 - 4 and 7 - 9 pm. A celebration of her life will be held in the funeral home chapel on Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 10 am. Interment in Paris Cemetery after a reception at the funeral home. As expressions of sympathy, donations to the Humane Society of Kitchener-Waterloo or the Food Bank of Waterloo Region would be appreciated by the family (cards available at the funeral home). Visit www.henrywalser.com for Amanda's memorial
    http://www.henrywalser.com/book-of-m...a/obituary.php

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    It seems so strange to meet somebody you've never met for coffee- then end up dead from Hypothermia.
    I suspect coffee is code for drugs.

This is the post re hypothermia -

We are filled with extreme sorrow and sadness. And have had tears most of the day thinking about this. It has been a long month of not knowing, and not having any answers to where Amanda was. Her family and friends can now have some closure, although the News is not what we had all hoped to hear, it is the not knowing that is so painful for families. It's been so hard to find the right words to say this today. Amanda was found yesterday, Her cause of death was Hypothermia, she became overcome with the cold.
    Amanda's family and friends, would like to thank everyone for their kind words, and condolences, at this very difficult time . Bless you all very much, and Thank you, for caring and showing your support, and helping to share her picture in the hopes it will bring her home to her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I suspect coffee is code for drugs.
    Yeah. The changes in Amanda were pretty shocking. There is one pretty picture of her from an old myspace photo that was really great. Then the recent pictures of her were shocking.

On that facebook page they posted this. That's why I thought her COD was weird.

An article about her death and people are commenting about her freezing to death in March?

http://www.570news.com/2014/04/11/bo...r-woman-found/

Waterloo Regional Police detectives have released the identity of a deceased woman who was found in Kitchener on Thursday at a residence on Mill Street. Investigators have identified her as 23 year old Amanda Daiken.

Police initiated a missing person investigation shortly after she was last seen on March 1st, 2014.

A post mortem examination has concluded that foul play is not suspected and next of kin have been notified.

Police would like to thank the media and the public for their attention to this matter.

So, did she get lost outside somewhere and froze to death? Was she on foot trying to get somewhere and got lost in the boonies or something?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

No one deserves to die alone in the snow, cold and forgotten

But those were probably the last moments of life for 24-year-old Amanda Daiken, whose body was found April 10 on Mill Street in downtown Kitchener after she went missing on March 1.

The mother of two young boys had a tough life, and sometimes called the streets of Kitchener home. But she was trying to turn her life around after a brush with death last July and the premature birth of her second son, Alex.

The fact that she was struggling with addiction and mental health problems again was nothing new. She had been struggling with similar issues since she was 15 and was the victim of bullying and low self-esteem.

“It’s been a roller-coaster ride from when she was 15 until now,” said her mom Patty. “She was trying to get her life in order, but every time she would go two steps forward, she’d fall 10 steps back.”

But when her family reported her missing they knew something was wrong. She had disappeared once before but had come back to them quickly. This time was different.

The police became involved and found some of her last moments on tape, but her family is still upset more wasn’t done to find her. They wonder why her disappearance didn’t get the same attention that other recent high-profile cases did.

They have a point.

“Society pushes them aside and they don’t treat them properly,” said her mom about those struggling with mental health and addiction issues. “They get swept under the rug.”

Those working with local homeless youth are calling this a crisis. Daiken is the fourth youth affiliated with the Reaching Our Outdoor Friends program who has died since January.

All their stories are tragic, but none more so than Daiken’s sad passing. No one should be dying of exposure in this day and age. A search for this lost soul shouldn’t end six weeks later when the snow finally yielded her buried body.

These deaths make it more urgent to address the gaps that exist in the local social safety net. If this doesn’t spur some action, what will? Do we have a crisis of concern?

http://www.kitchenerpost.ca/opinion/...is-of-concern/

That makes sense. The one I linked said "at a residence" so I assumed she was indoors.
    - lesson in assumption #897

I wonder if she just got messed up and passed out?

Crap. I meant to post something else. UGH

I was reading about this on another forum. I guess a relative thinks she was murdered. No proof or anything, but maybe some more info will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    That makes sense. The one I linked said "at a residence" so I assumed she was indoors.
    - lesson in assumption #897
    I found an article that says she was found in the backyard of a property. But 'at as residence' does somewhat imply indoors.

Amanda was reported missing on March 1. Six weeks later, she was found lying on the ground and covered in snow at the back of a Mill Street property. Scattered near a bench were her purse and other belongings.

At the time she was also struggling with a crystal meth addiction and mental health issues.

http://www.kitchenerpost.ca/news/fou...of-youth-dies/

Thread Information