Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sobia Yousef (36) stabbed herself in the neck while in a supermarket aisle

I'm not wearing any pants
    Well, I think that people that do something such as this are not in the right mind anyway so pretty sure they have no regards for others or what they see.
    They are totally out of mind.
    You would have to be.
    It's just a nutso move.
    Poor woman might have been okay if she got some help.
    But again, who knows, maybe she already was seeing someone. This world can be a very evil place sometimes for people.

I cant really judge her however so i shouldn't.
    She may have been struggling with a lot more than one thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    Well, I think that people that do something such as this are not in the right mind anyway so pretty sure they have no regards for others or what they see.
    They are totally out of mind.
    You would have to be.
    It's just a nutso move.
    Poor woman might have been okay if she got some help.
    But again, who knows, maybe she already was seeing someone. This world can be a very evil place sometimes for people.

I cant really judge her however so i shouldn't.
    She may have been struggling with a lot more than one thinks.
    I'd think you'd have to be pretty far up on the struggling scale to stab yourself in the neck in a public place.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I had never really thought of it as a whole like how it would affect people who are around until a guy jumped right in front of a semi on the freeway here. Or the guy who recently hung himself at one of the baseball courts here.

I guess I hadn't given it much thought until then how much it had to really scar someone.
    Like you get on the road one day to head to work and summertime throws themselves in front of your vehicle.
    That would damage the Shit outta me.
    A man walked out onto I-85 in Atlanta and I literally swerved to miss him. The car beside me did not have the time. I saw this man nonchalantly walk into 70+ mph traffic to die. I saw the look on his face. And I saw at least 6 cars hit him. I will never get it out of my head.

Bean's post reminds me of a badly written poem. The format mainly

/Puts on smite helmet
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

That's awful that you had to see that!
    When grandpa shot himself in the head I don't think he thought for one minute how it would affect my grandma.

I love my kids and they are my world but when you hurt so badly inside no one matters to you.

A desperate woman who stabbed herself in the neck in a busy Asda supermarket had lost her nine-year-old daughter to terminal illness just months before, it was revealed today.

Sobia Yousef, 36, died in front of horrified staff and shoppers in the kitchenware aisle of Asda in Shipley, West Yorkshire, on Tuesday morning.

Friends believe the death of her child five months ago caused a 'collapse in her mental state'.

Four days of official mourning have started at her mosque in Frizinghall, Bradford.

Bradford Councillor Imdad Hussain said she had undergone treatment at Lynfield Mount psychiatric hospital after her child passed away last year.

'It is a great tragedy which has left the whole local community and far beyond in shock,' he said.

'It is such a terribly sad way for anyone to end their life.

'Sadly it seems that she lost her nine-year-old daughter some five months ago and it was that which triggered the collapse of her mental state.

'Her daughter had been born with an illness and the doctors only gave the baby a year to live.

'However she managed to stay alive until she was nine and there was a very special and close bond between the mother and daughter.'

He said the care and treatment she received from mental health professionals needed to be examined.

He said: 'Questions have to be asked of the authorities and organisations involved over what support was being given.'

One eye-witness said: 'One of the shop's first aiders was trying to give CPR.

'One of the young men who works there actually saw the woman stabbing herself in the throat. He's in terrible shock'.

The store was cordoned off for the majority of Tuesday as police forensic teams worked inside.

West Yorkshire Police were alerted at around 8.37am to the store, along with paramedics.

A spokesman for the police force said the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.

People in the area tweeted their shock at the incident.

@kattyholme wrote: 'So sad to hear what happened at #asda #shipley this morning. My thoughts are with that poor lady's family and friends and the staff.'
    An inquest into her death is due to be opened today.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2yC2rq6EF

And more info plus photo -

A mother who killed herself in Asda was bereft after the death of her daughter from a heart defect and told family 'my life is not worth living' before she died, it emerged today.
    Sobia Yousef, 36, stabbed herself in the neck in the supermarket's kitchenware aisle in Shipley, West Yorkshire, on Tuesday morning in front of shoppers and staff.
    The death of her child Mehwash, nine, who had struggled with a hole in the heart from birth, had 'triggered a collapse in her mother's mental state'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2yC3WOYry

Thread Information