Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bodies are still being found after a massive mudslide swept through Snohomish County, Washington

Heartbreaking. So many of those lost were young. I think Its extra sad when they are young. It's assumed they have their whole lives in front of them :(

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dea...udslide-n66341
    Eight victims identified so far including:
    John Regelbrugge III
    Bill Welsh, 66,
    Five-year-old Kaylee Spiller (https://www.facebook.com/jonielle.spillers?fref=ts Mom's FB)
    This poor woman lost her husband and two of her kids. So incredibly sad.

RIP Billy, Kaylee and Brooke

https://www.facebook.com/billy.spillers
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

God, she lost 3 kids. This was also her son

https://www.facebook.com/jovon.mangual
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    Here are some before and after pics...hope they work

I know these were posted a month ago, but I just wanted to say that these pictures are a completely different part of Washington. This landslide was on the southern end of Whidbey Island and happened in 2013. I don't think anybody died.
    Lurker checking in.

I'm not wearing any pants
    Quote Originally Posted by YayMe View Post
    I know these were posted a month ago, but I just wanted to say that these pictures are a completely different part of Washington. This landslide was on the southern end of Whidbey Island and happened in 2013. I don't think anybody died.

Yep, crickets already made me aware of this. I put wrong tags when i did it, thanks. You must be a skimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    Yep, crickets already made me aware of this. I put wrong tags when i did it, thanks. You must be a skimmer.
    Nah, I saw hers. I just wanted to give some more info on that particular landslide.
    Lurker checking in.

I'm not wearing any pants
    Thanks. That one was pretty bad too i guess.

Active search operations have concluded at the Washington state mudslide that killed at least 41 people, officials announced on Monday.

Two people remain missing after the March 22 landslide

Workers will continue to remove debris to clear the small community of Oso, Washington, and clear Highway 530, officials said. Spotters will also work along heavy equipment operators.

The two missing victims are 53-year-old Steven Hadaway, who had been installing a satellite TV dish at a home, and 44-year-old Kris Regelbrugge, whose husband's body already has been recovered.

"This has been a difficult decision because I know that Kris and Steve?s families are looking for closure,? said Snohomish County Sheriff Ty Trenary, according to the Associated Press.

Officials also said the county and state will form a joint commission to review what happened before and after the slide.

On Sunday, Frank Hadaway expressed doubt that his brother would be found.

"It was a devastating slide and it has been a month, so will they ever find him? Probably not," Hadaway told Seattle NBC affiliate KING5.

"He loved the mountains so maybe he is home, maybe that will be his resting place."
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dea...missing-n91706
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Active search operations have concluded at the Washington state mudslide that killed at least 41 people, officials announced on Monday.

Two people remain missing after the March 22 landslide

Workers will continue to remove debris to clear the small community of Oso, Washington, and clear Highway 530, officials said. Spotters will also work along heavy equipment operators.

The two missing victims are 53-year-old Steven Hadaway, who had been installing a satellite TV dish at a home, and 44-year-old Kris Regelbrugge, whose husband's body already has been recovered.

"This has been a difficult decision because I know that Kris and Steve?s families are looking for closure,? said Snohomish County Sheriff Ty Trenary, according to the Associated Press.

Officials also said the county and state will form a joint commission to review what happened before and after the slide.

On Sunday, Frank Hadaway expressed doubt that his brother would be found.

"It was a devastating slide and it has been a month, so will they ever find him? Probably not," Hadaway told Seattle NBC affiliate KING5.

"He loved the mountains so maybe he is home, maybe that will be his resting place."
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dea...missing-n91706

It's very sad. Also, there is criticism that the first responders hesitated and were overwhelmed in the first hours and did not seek federal aide quick enough. I heard an interview with someone on my way home today that said he was probably the only person there that was also at Mt. St. Helen's and he was on his way home (near Arlington), seeing patrol car after patrol car heading north and about an hour and a half later he was on site. This was in dispute of those critics.

Authorities believe they have found the final victim of a deadly landslide in Washington state.

A rain-saturated hillside along the Stillaguamish River gave way on the outskirts of the town of Oso on March 22.

Authorities announced Tuesday that workers found a body believed to be that of Molly Kristine "Kris" Regelbrugge. Local health officials will confirm the identification of the body once it's recovered.

"It is a testament to the persistence of the sheriff's office that today, four months after the slide, we recovered the final victim," Snohomish County Executive John Lovick said in a statement.

"The sheriff's search and rescue teams are true professionals. I am honored and humbled by their dedication and commitment to this community," he said.

Search crews had been digging through deep mud and debris, which was 70 feet thick in some places, to search for the missing.

Including Regelbrugge, 43 people are thought to have been killed in the March slide.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/22/us...html?hpt=us_c2
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information