Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Merisha Bradtmueller, 22, Charged After Unused Monitor Results In Death Of Her 8mth Old Son

Merisha Bradtmueller, 22, Charged After Unused Monitor Results In Death Of Her 8mth Old Son

http://wane.com/news/crime/health-re...infants-death/

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) ? A mother is facing a neglect charge in connection to the death of her eight-month-old son after police say she failed to hook the baby up to a monitor that would have alerted her if he stopped breathing.

Police said Merisha Bradtmueller, 22, of Fort Wayne, called police on July 14, 2013 shortly before 10 p.m. because her baby boy was not breathing. Medics pronounced the boy dead at the scene.

Bradtmueller told police that the baby had a doctor?s appointment two weeks prior and a doctor told her the baby was in good health. Police later determined she lied about that doctor?s appointment.

Officers said the baby appeared to be malnourished and small for his age. According to an affidavit for probable cause, ?the house was in disarray with little to no furnishing? and officers found little to no food in the home, including no baby formula.

Police found a ?Smart Monitor 2″ that looked as though it had not been opened next to the baby?s crib. The monitor apparently sounds an alarm when a baby?s breathing is not normal or if there?s a problem with the baby?s heart rate. Bradtmueller told police she no longer needed to use the monitor on her baby.

According to medical records from the Allen County Coroner?s Office, Bradtmueller should have been using the monitor. Bradtmueller also missed a number of appointments with the baby?s doctor.

Officials said Bradtmueller should have been using in-home care through Home Care Nework but records showed that when staff arrived at Bradtmueller?s home on scheduled visits, nobody was home. Bradtmueller also didn?t answer phone calls from the company.

According to court documents, Bradtmueller was charged with neglect of a dependent. As of Friday afternoon, she was listed in the Allen County Jail

This is her facebook, but be warned, the "happy snaps" of her baby are pretty upsetting. I don't know why no-one reported her for neglect a lonnnng time ago.

https://www.facebook.com/merisha.bradtmueller

ETA Nah, after looking further I'm going to blame child protection. That baby looks premmie? That makes her higher risk for pnd, her age makes it higher again & if she had little support, which is how it sounds, the risk factors were through the roof. She sure as hell doesn't look the girl she was 7 mths back.

I'll take that back if it turns out she looks shit in her mugshot because she was partying, but I don't think that was it.
    Last edited by blighted star; 03-22-2014 at 05:22 PM.

On the corner of Bumfuk and You got a purdy mouth
    She looks fucked up in several of those pics where she's holding that baby, and that poor baby looks so malnourised :( My heart hurts :(

so, wait. what about the other kids? this baby had to have been born in late 2012 yeah? there are photos of her son from 2010. i wonder why there was supposed to be in-home care.

she is drugs.

she was drugs the whole time she was pregnant, she was drugs throughout his life.

she is absolutely drugs.

eta: if was going to draw a picture of drugs, it would look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

word. they should create a new form of birth control that packs a buzz so that girls like this will take it.

i just noticed the pics of the dead baby in the windowsill.

What? Those were HER kids? I take back my edit.

I'm clearly out of practice. 3 months off MDS & I'm posting stupid shit. Hope I stop it soon ...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It's cases like this that make me vote for select sterilization based on certain criteria. None of which said criteria fits this piece of trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It's cases like this that make me vote for select sterilization based on certain criteria. None of which said criteria fits this piece of trash.
    there was a law and order episode about that. there was also a whole government program aimed at exterminating anyone of native american heritage about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Wow! Really? I agree she's a bad mother and appears to be on drugs, but I don't think the government has the right to sterilize anyone. Euginics isn't cool. Ever. At least too me.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    there was a law and order episode about that. there was also a whole government program aimed at exterminating anyone of native american heritage about that.
    They also tried that against the mentally ill, and the other undesirables of society. Including, but not limited to Blacks, Native Americans, the mental ill, and the "retarded". North Carolina just paid out a big settlement for doing this.

Well, you know how it is, when you think your all that and a bag-o-doritos with a meth pipe on the side.

Bitch, I's got no time to feed ME & a baby, damn...what y'all looking at?
    Where my baby daddy, he suppose to be here 8 months ago to feed that baby.

Godspeed, Ashton

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Wow! Really? I agree she's a bad mother and appears to be on drugs, but I don't think the government has the right to sterilize anyone. Euginics isn't cool. Ever. At least too me.

They also tried that against the mentally ill, and the other undesirables of society. Including, but not limited to Blacks, Native Americans, the mental ill, and the "retarded". North Carolina just paid out a big settlement for doing this.
    Okay. So you'd rather let Meth Whores continue to spit out kids and kill them? Because that's far less cruel than sterilizing a woman like her who obviously didn't want kids in the first place.

Hello.... Did it ever occur to you that chances are that she was Mething it up while pregnant which is probably why the baby was preemie. She started killing the kid from the moment he was conceived.

So yeah. I'd vote that she not be allowed to have kids. Sorry not sorry.

While I totally get the sentiment, I definitely agree with Queena here. Eugenics is a bad bad idea.Who determines the criteria for sterilization? The government cant manage food stamps or jails and we are going to allow them to decide who is an unfit parent? Nope.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post

Yep. I'm all in favor of making birth control available to anyone who wants it. But to force it on anyone is a very bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Okay. So you'd rather let Meth Whores continue to spit out kids and kill them? Because that's far less cruel than sterilizing a woman like her who obviously didn't want kids in the first place.

Hello.... Did it ever occur to you that chances are that she was Mething it up while pregnant which is probably why the baby was preemie. She started killing the kid from the moment he was conceived.

So yeah. I'd vote that she not be allowed to have kids. Sorry not sorry.
    Ok, and someone could look at you and say.. "well she has a nose that doesn't belong on any human, let's sterilize her, so that type of nose won't show up in the gene pool later". Doesn't sound cool does it? I can't believe that you're arguing for eugenics. I have no arguments for someone like that. As the adoptive sister of 5 crack babies, I don't like it either. It's a shitty thing to do to a child, but I don't' think they should be sterilized! That type of thinking has no end. Once you start with the addicts, then you move on to poor people, then short people, fat people, and so on and so on. Obviously, you think you know best for society, and I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    While I totally get the sentiment, I definitely agree with Queena here. Eugenics is a bad bad idea.Who determines the criteria for sterilization? The government cant manage food stamps or jails and we are going to allow them to decide who is an unfit parent? Nope.
    This!
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yep. I'm all in favor of making birth control available to anyone who wants it. But to force it on anyone is a very bad idea.
    This!

Thanks Monter and Puzzld.

Nowhere did I say that the decision should be made arbitrarily. If a baby dies in your care because you decided getting high and partying was more important, you should lose the right to have kids. You wouldn't let someone adopt a child that was responsible for killing a child, would you? Then why allow them to have more?

It's a far stretch between taking someone's ability to have children away from them because they were responsible for killing a baby and doing it because they have a funny nose. Way to blow my opinion out of proportion.

Nowhere did I say that the decision should be made arbitrarily. If a baby dies in your care because you decided getting high and partying was more important, you should lose the right to have kids. You wouldn't let someone adopt a child that was responsible for killing a child, would you? Then why allow them to have more?

It's a far stretch between taking someone's ability to have children away from them because they were responsible for killing a baby and doing it because they have a funny nose. Way to blow my opinion out of proportion.
    The Nazi's didn't think they were being arbitrary. That's the problem see. My ancestors would have said "those dirty indians shouldn't be allowed to reproduce and felt they were doing humanity a service. I personally think that people who have serious genetic issues should think long and hard before they reproduce, but should I be making that call for others?
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

The Nazi's didn't think they were being arbitrary. That's the problem see. My ancestors would have said "those dirty indians shouldn't be allowed to reproduce and felt they were doing humanity a service. I personally think that people who have serious genetic issues should think long and hard before they reproduce, but should I be making that call for others?
    I don't think Boston was talking about serious genetic issues, I think she was talking about women who do crack, heroin, crystal meth and whatever else they can get their hands on while they are pregnant. Their children have birth defects, and they don't care enough to properly care for them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I don't think Boston was talking about serious genetic issues, I think she was talking about women who do crack, heroin, crystal meth and whatever else they can get their hands on while they are pregnant. Their children have birth defects, and they don't care enough to properly care for them.
    This.

Plus a child dies in their care. I only said certain criteria. Nobody bothered to ask what criteria I meant. They just ran with it.

You wouldn't let a convicted child molester work around children right? Why is it so out of the question to sterilize convicted baby killers so they can't have any more children?

Oh I know that... but what I am saying is that we would all have our own criteria... You might sterilize only people who abuse hard drugs. Other have said smokers or people who use alcohol are unfit. There have certainly been those who would sterilize specific ethnic groups and those who are poor or who have this genetic disease or that one.

I just don't think anyone can be trusted to play God.

If someone commits a crime against a child incarcerate them and make sure they don't reproduce. But I'm sure we've all known people who were substance abusers in their wild youth who grew up and turned out to be decent parents. Hell a lot of us wouldn't be here if it weren't for such people. It's all about not being able to see what someones future holds.

My point exactly!

Not to argue semantics, but in dealing with my own adopted child who is a crack baby, and my brothers and sisters, the effects are purely mental. Not that that's any better. I just don't think humans should have that type of control. I guess God has no say....

Oh I know that... but what I am saying is that we would all have our own criteria... You might sterilize only people who abuse hard drugs. Other have said smokers or people who use alcohol are unfit. There have certainly been those who would sterilize specific ethnic groups and those who are poor or who have this genetic disease or that one.

I just don't think anyone can be trusted to play God.

If someone commits a crime against a child incarcerate them and make sure they don't reproduce. But I'm sure we've all known people who were substance abusers in their wild youth who grew up and turned out to be decent parents. Hell a lot of us wouldn't be here if it weren't for such people. It's all about not being able to see what someones future holds.
    Thank you! Someone may think weed is so dangerous that anyone who smokes it should be sterilized. Humans have no business having say so in who should, and shouldn't be born. Nazi Germany, hello! Remember how they got rid of their undesirables. Too it's drug addicts, to the next man it's Mexicans, and the next Black, and the next Arabs, and so on.

I never said drug addicts! I said anyone convicted of being responsible for the death of a child!

It has NOTHING to do with genetics. Creed, color, religion.... If you killed a child because of any reason, you don't get to have more. Ever. It just so happens that it was drugs in this case.

THAT'S what I said. Either people are having problems comprehending what I'm saying, or they're having fun twisting my words

Some people may think weed is evil. Some don't. That's a matter of opinion.

But I don't know anyone who thinks killing children isn't evil. And isn't an opinion.

Queena that's great of you to adopt a baby that was born addicted to crack. That child needs a loving and caring home, and I'm sure you are able to provide that.

I want to make something clear, I do not think drug addicts should be sterilized. I just get frustrated when I see a pregnant woman doing drugs-of any kind.Not all of the effects are purely mental.that is an ignorant statement. A person who I know was on heroin when she was pregnant and her child has had severe problems because of it. He is currently 2 years old and cannot walk.

I personally don't think any person should be sterilized, I was just standing up for Boston because it seemed like her words were being misconstrued. She is saying people who kill their children shouldn't be allowed to have more kids. I don't think that's too far fetched.

I never said people who smoke weed should be sterilized you are literally turning shit people are saying around
    Last edited by Angiebla; 03-23-2014 at 11:06 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I personally don't think any person should be sterilized, I was just standing up for Boston because it seemed like her words were being misconstrued.

I never said people who smoke weed should be sterilized you are literally turning shit people are saying around
    No one misconstrued what Boston said, or what you said. We are just disagreeing that it is ever OK to give the government the oportunity to decide who should be "allowed" to reproduce. They've proved more than once, and recently, that they aren't to be trusted to use that power wisely.

Queena that's great of you to adopt a baby that was born addicted to crack. That child needs a loving and caring home, and I'm sure you are able to provide that.

I want to make something clear, I do not think drug addicts should be sterilized. I just get frustrated when I see a pregnant woman doing drugs-of any kind.Not all of the effects are purely mental.that is an ignorant statement. A person who I know was on heroin when she was pregnant and her child has had severe problems because of it. He is currently 2 years old and cannot walk.

I personally don't think any person should be sterilized, I was just standing up for Boston because it seemed like her words were being misconstrued. She is saying people who kill their children shouldn't be allowed to have more kids. I don't think that's too far fetched.

Firstly, I think I stated that the effects of crack is mental, not herion. That's some major shit right there. I'm not turning anything around. I'm stating that I don't think anyone should be able to sterilize anyone. Point blank. Period. Not people who kill kids, adults, women, men, animals, no one. If we start there, then where does it end? I'm not misconstruing what you're saying, I am disagree.

Thread Information