Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Petitioners fight to save savage pit-bull that mauled little boy

I have to go with socialization on that. At least imo. If this dog was chained 24/7 and worked with and trained, I can see it be aggressive to other animals. And yah, totally blame the owners of this dog for recklessness. Just like BB and deb said.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I still blame the parents to some capacity. Who drops their kids off at a home with a starving, chained up dog and says "these people seem nice. I trust them with my kid".
    The article also said the babysitter took the kid to his house. So yes the baby sitter is at fault but I can't fault the mother for trusting the baby sitter.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Looks like a mutt to me.

And yeah, judging by his weight his food aggression seems pretty understandable. Understandable =/= Excusable.

Poor dog and kid. Those adults just suck at raising life in general.

Sarabei - unfortunately in my experience, food aggression is very hard to overcome and out-train. It's been done before, but it's very hard and I honestly wouldn't completely trust it. Food aggressive dogs need to live in a home with like, one single old man who will never bother it.
    Noted.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

The point is that any animal can display food aggression when it's been starved. It really annoys me how instead of saying "dog attacks kid" they have to say "pit bull attacks kid". It puts the wrong message in peoples brains.

It's the same as saying "black man robs store" instead of "man robs store". Since any man can rob a store.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

The point is that any animal can display food aggression when it's been starved. It really annoys me how instead of saying "dog attacks kid" they have to say "pit bull attacks kid". It puts the wrong message in peoples brains.

It's the same as saying "black man robs store" instead of "man robs store". Since any man can rob a store.
    Bingo. I think the headline here should have read "Starving Dog Chained to Tree Attacks Child for Taking Food" I bet the response would be different if that were the case.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

Yes. Pisses me off. In addition, nobody ever reports when another breed attacks. Statistics show that Cocker Spaniels are prone to aggression and have attacked and bitten people plenty. Yet they have a reputation for being cute little puppies. It's why when choosing a dog, most people with kids avoid Cockers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Sorry to post again, but this one gets under my skin. People forget that dogs are still animals and they don't come pre-trained. Just like any animal, you can't expect it to just know how to act. It's an ANIMAL.

People don't buy a horse and just get on its back without it being trained. When the horse throws them and kicks them in the head, people aren't surprised. And they don't call it "BAD HORSE! " and blame the horse. They blame the idiot that tried to ride an untrained horse. Why is it any different with dogs? A mistreated and untrained dog bites someone and it's the dog's fault for some reason. This mentality has to change. It gives society the wrong idea of what to expect when you are a dog owner. There's no such thing as a "latchkey dog". You're responsible for it's life and for molding the right behaviors.

Rant over.

I hear ya BB, we're both fired up about this one.

In fact, I'm gonna start a petition to change this dumbass thread title (RON: ) as I don't think this dog was necessarily "savage" and I don't think these petitioners are "Stupid".

BB, I love your example. I was bit in the face by my aunts cocker spaniel when I was around 5yrs old. I still have a faint scar.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

BB, I love your example. I was bit in the face by my aunts cocker spaniel when I was around 5yrs old. I still have a faint scar.

I got it right in the throat when I was four by an English Water Spaniel. MY fault. I would see how my Uncle would rough house with him and tried to do the same. The dog LOVED ME. Never would intentionally hurt me and felt so ashamed afterward. I was told not to tell my Uncle because he would have put him down. I kept my mouth shut and from there on learned that you never approach any dog that way. I have a faint "vampire bite" scar still too

Shinns, BB, and Deb, nail on the head!! You guys rock!! I would type more but I have vampire nails at the moment and it is hard as fuck to type!!

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I hear ya BB, we're both fired up about this one.

In fact, I'm gonna start a petition to change this dumbass thread title (RON: ) as I don't think this dog was necessarily "savage" and I don't think these petitioners are "Stupid".

And you're right, Deb. Cute and cuddly is the way to describe a dog that does THIS to a child....

I don't recall ever describing him as either cute or cuddly. The only words I used to describe that dog were thin and starved.

I will sign said petition.

I'm not wearing any pants
    The dog was not starving or malnourished. And it wasn't a mutt it was a pit bull.
    The breed is known to attack. You cannot trust them. They can snap at any time. It's just in them...nothing to do with the owner.
    They are BORN being aggresive. Sad but true. I love all animals so no...not hating on the pit bull.
    I don't think owners of pits purposly make them aggressive [except those that use them to fight]
    I got attacked by one when i was young and i had to hit the fucking thing with a boulder. I HATED doing that but it was either the dog or me.
    I already signed the thing and i really hope they put it down. He will do it again if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    The dog was not starving or malnourished. And it wasn't a mutt it was a pit bull.
    The breed is known to attack. You cannot trust them. They can snap at any time. It's just in them...nothing to do with the owner.
    They are BORN being aggresive. Sad but true. I love all animals so no...not hating on the pit bull.
    I don't think owners of pits purposly make them aggressive [except those that use them to fight]
    I got attacked by one when i was young and i had to hit the fucking thing with a boulder. I HATED doing that but it was either the dog or me.
    I already signed the thing and i really hope they put it down. He will do it again if they don't.
    I respectively disagree. That dog was malnourished. Dogs may be bred for certain purposes, but no, they are not born mean. Look at the owners and the breeding. Chances are inbreeding and human ignorance are the culprit. I grew up around pitts, and was never attacked. However there was one where I live now that thought stalking me was its primetime pleasure and the owner thought this was hilarious.

Any animal can cause damage.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabei View Post
    I respectively disagree. That dog was malnourished. Dogs may be bred for certain purposes, but no, they are not born mean. Look at the owners and the breeding. Chances are inbreeding and human ignorance are the culprit. I grew up around pitts, and was never attacked. However there was one where I live now that thought stalking me was its primetime pleasure and the owner thought this was hilarious.

Any animal can cause damage.
    let me clarify, my uncle owned the pitts I was exposed to, we didn't.

Beantown will heretofore be put on ignore, as it is now official: her posts are indeed diminishing my intelligence simply by reading them.

Why is it that whenever a person assaults someone people say things like "what an animal" and "some people are just garbage" but whenever a dog attacks someone the response is "it's not the dog's fault" and "that person shouldn't have been near the animal."

Stop victim blaming. And even if the owners do suck, you don't put them down, you fine/jail them, but put the animal down.

You guys started off sane, but ventured into crazy.But it's MDS so I was shocked it started sane to begin with since an animal is involved. Thanks for keeping it together as long as yous did.

I'm not wearing any pants
    Deb , i really don't care ..put me on ignore all you want..... doesn't change the fact pits get a bad rep for a reason.
    You seem to think your opinions are more important than the next person....newsflash....they're not.

The boy suffered injuries that will require, according to doctors, months and possibly years of reconstructive surgeries.
    Human or property? My guess is human. This boy did nothing to deserve this whether he picked up a fucking bone or not.
    The dog was not starved. He was fine. I can bet if it was your son your outlook would be different.
    Anyway, the dog has been put down. Someone at the place said he went "nite nite". Rip pitty

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    Deb , i really don't care ..put me on ignore all you want..... doesn't change the fact pits get a bad rep for a reason.
    You seem to think your opinions are more important than the next person....newsflash....they're not.

The boy suffered injuries that will require, according to doctors, months and possibly years of reconstructive surgeries.
    Human or property? My guess is human. This boy did nothing to deserve this whether he picked up a fucking bone or not.
    The dog was not starved. He was fine. I can bet if it was your son your outlook would be different.
    Anyway, the dog has been put down. Someone at the place said he went "nite nite". Rip pitty
    Did you get hacked? This is lucid and legible.

Who is this for reals?

For the record, I never "victim blamed". I owner blamed. And for those that are ignorant enough to believe certain breeds are "born bad", let me put your nature versus nurture theories to rest:

http://www.thepetcollective.tv/did-y...the-nanny-dog/

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Why is it that whenever a person assaults someone people say things like "what an animal" and "some people are just garbage" but whenever a dog attacks someone the response is "it's not the dog's fault" and "that person shouldn't have been near the animal."

Stop victim blaming. And even if the owners do suck, you don't put them down, you fine/jail them, but put the animal down.

You guys started off sane, but ventured into crazy.But it's MDS so I was shocked it started sane to begin with since an animal is involved. Thanks for keeping it together as long as yous did.
    I don't ever recall blaming the victim? Whose posts are you reading?? No one said "that little boy had it coming!" I simply stated that as a parent, I teach my son to respect animals and not take food away from them, ESPECIALLY any strange animal (to them) tied to a fucking tree. The only people I blamed were the babysitter and the parents for allowing any of this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I don't ever recall blaming the victim? Whose posts are you reading?? No one said "that little boy had it coming!" I simply stated that as a parent, I teach my son to respect animals and not take food away from them, ESPECIALLY any strange animal (to them) tied to a fucking tree. The only people I blamed were the babysitter and the parents for allowing any of this happen.
    Everyone but the one with blood in-between its teeth. Got it.

Thread Information